Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1074457 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 12:58:19 AM »
Love that kitchen Tommy. Wouldn't mind something like that in real life. Love the whole house.. I adore wrap around verandahs.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 06:49:27 AM »
TommyT in your modern, southern mansion you have these little spaces with doors.  What are they?  Closets?  I'm thinking in particular the ones in the master bathroom.  What I wouldn't give for a house like that!  So open and airy.  I think the openness is one of your trade marks.  No clutter like in my houses.  I love the use of the willows also.  It gives the illusion of Spanish moss draped trees.

Will you curtain the windows or leave them open?  One of the things I complain about a lot when I'm decorating is the dearth of good window dressing!  Either the curtain is too short, hangs too high, or just isn't right for the room.  Of course, in the south you could do shutters, if you can find ones that fit.  

I got that new Zen bathroom set and thought I would share a bathroom redo.  I really love that kind of stuff.  I flipflopped the colors and have arches on either side of the sinks.

That bathroom looks so luxurious!  I just want to grab the bubbles and sink down into the tub and relax.  Lovely.

In your starter home, which is wonderful by the way, you mention BBI.  I assume that it's a challenge but which one?  What's BBI?

I'm going to learn so much here!  Thanks for the tip about the elevation cheat.  I've never done it, (I don't use cheats mostly because I don't know them), so it will be one more thing for me to learn.

Today I tried 3 levels down under a house.  Basement went fine, sub-basment was ok, lowest level not so great.  I was tired so gave up but will try again.  I was trying to find a place to hide that hideous airplane thing but you have to have it on terrain so that didn't work.  I also wanted to try putting a swimming pool in a basement but that didn't work either.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »
This is my best house ever! My Legacy House...

Basement:

Ground Floor:

Second Floor:

P.s I don't know why they have gone different sizes, in photobucket they are 640x480?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 10:11:51 AM »
Joria,  we had a baby boomer challenge last year that was a blast.  I forget sometimes that alot of members are new.  It is in the graveyard if you want to read about.  It was hard,  but not as hard as BBII.  You guys houses are wonderful.  I am more a re-decorator and an upgrader.  My houses tend to be boxes with a couple of indents in them.  I would probably do pretty good if I just sat and really concentrated on building.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »
TommyT in your modern, southern mansion you have these little spaces with doors.  What are they?  Closets?  
Yup!  In my personal houses I like to make closets and pantrys just for realism's sake.

Will you curtain the windows or leave them open?  One of the things I complain about a lot when I'm decorating is the dearth of good window dressing!  Either the curtain is too short, hangs too high, or just isn't right for the room.
There's actually a great curtain that fits these windows so I'm thinking about doing the bathrooms and the upstairs bedrooms and perhaps leaving the downstairs open.  And I totally agree with you, there should be many more curtains, it's a great aesthetic and environment booster!

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
Yup!  In my personal houses I like to make closets and pantrys just for realism's sake.

That gave me an idea:

Who needs a fridge? Build a small room. In this room you place treasure chests containing fruit, vegetables, meat and fish. And there you are; your own larder!
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 04:45:50 PM »
Thought I had better post these pictures of the tree house here.  Do not want more than one building thread.  Enjoy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »
Too cool, Salty. Let me guess — the Sims that live in the treehouse are named...Tarzan and Jane?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »
LOL.  How did you know that. Actually, I think this sims name is Jane.  I will have to look, too funny.   Hard to stay zoomed in on these houses, camera likes to float.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »
LOL.  How did you know that.

Me guess. Tarzan say you do good job.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 08:22:42 PM »
@Samoht: I've been having the same problems with Photobucket.  I don't know what's going on with those sizes.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 12:35:50 AM »
AWESOME!  Salty that is a great house.  Can I live there please?  And thanks for letting me know what BBI was.  I know I'm a little insane but I would have to be certfiable to do one of those.  I raised six kids of my own, then a grand kid, and now a great-grand kid so doing it in Sims would be beyond my ability to cope!

I love the legacy house!  Aw, let's face it I've loved them all.  You guys inspire me.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »
Here's something for you, Joria.

Baby Boomer Article
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »
Well, I'd like to show off my favorite house I've ever made, the farm. It's the one I'm currently playing my own for-fun legacy on, and I'll take pictures as it grows into a different house.

*Ahem* Welcome to the Johnson family farm! We grow only the freshest produce around for the good townsfolk of Riverveiw. Let's take a better look at this here family farm.

As you can see from this here street view that this home has been renovated from it's original appearance to accompany a garage and a larger planting field for the farm's current operations. Why don't we take a look at the interior?

The small downstairs has a large living room, a bathroom with separate bath housing, and a quaint nursery for the little ones. The kitchen has a wrap around counter and large enough dining space to accompany a party of people. Let's go upstairs, shall we?

This is our gorgeous upstairs room, with a small family game area, two small children rooms, the master suite, and the second story bath, all looking out onto the ranch and the woods beyond. This is nice and all but hey, what's a farm without a barn? Let's go take a look!

This is a wonderful space for storage and such, now that the animals are gone. These stalls could be reworked into a good condition though, if the need arises...Now let's take a look...

At the loft! What was once hay storage and a romping ground for children is now a respectable bedroom for the oldest of the current resident's kids, who's set up to be a star gazer out the loft's old pulley entrance. He hopes to renovate the home once his parents pass on, into a beautiful mansion of sorts for he and his sister's families.

Hope you enjoyed this here tour of a gorgeous ranch, the Homestyle Johnson Family Ranch! You come back now, ya hear?
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010, 06:03:00 AM »
Ha, ha! Love your use of the cow things! ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.