Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1074729 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »
@MasterSiwel:  I think it's a good house.  It's got a nice layout and plenty of room to walk through the house with the double hallways.  The white on white is unique and I think it will look pretty cool with paintings (I see an easel) and then maybe some plants as your Sim makes a little money.  The very back of the house has a perfect spot for a back door for when you're ready to have a patio, grill, etc.  Good job, MasterSiwel.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2010, 02:08:51 PM »
@MasterSiwel:  I think it's a good house.  It's got a nice layout and plenty of room to walk through the house with the double hallways.  The white on white is unique and I think it will look pretty cool with paintings (I see an easel) and then maybe some plants as your Sim makes a little money.  The very back of the house has a perfect spot for a back door for when you're ready to have a patio, grill, etc.  Good job, MasterSiwel.  :)

Thanks. I'll be making houses I suppose.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »
I just want to let everyone know how great the house is that Samoht built for me.  The primary colors are bright and unusual, true, but they really do work well with that design.  There's lots of glass and starkness, which I think looks great.  The reds are dramatic for the Master bedroom and playful in the nursery.  Bright solid walls with white furniture in the living areas is a bold modern statement that I love.  The layout is fantastic and it has a courtyard in the middle where the house wraps around it.  I added picnic tables there, and put a pool where the smaller vegetable garden was.  It's just a really cool house.  Thanks again, Thomas! 

Between this one and the one that TommyT built, I'm practically giddy!  I've got both of them placed in my current neighborhood and haven't decided yet exactly who is going to live in them.  Oh, another thing...  I was missing some furniture that TommyT had placed in the house.  I bought the Ultra Lounge living and bedroom sets a few days ago, which is what the house has in it that I was missing.  The game had substituted other furniture in its place.  But now!  Oh my!  It's even better than I realized.  Thank you, TommyT!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
Glad you like it!  Sorry I thought you had the Ultra Lounge set Pam, which is why I tried to use it extensively lol. 

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »
I kind of had an artistic insanity moment when painting that house!  :D Good to know you liked it!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2010, 07:14:52 PM »
Glad you like it!  Sorry I thought you had the Ultra Lounge set Pam, which is why I tried to use it extensively lol. 

I had Ultra Lounge everything else:  teens room, kitchen, bath.  I just didn't have the living/dining.  But I do now!!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »
Hey Everyone!

I just read this thread from pages 1 to 27 (at this moment), and I really wanted to express how very, very nice so many of these homes are.

If I point out any single instance of a style or design I appreciated, I feel I'd be unnecessarily unkind to those who spent to the time to upload their pictures, or made their designs available for download/comments.

Very nice stuff, folks! :D

-- Happytime

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2010, 06:36:06 AM »
Alright I built my new house. It's called Java Joe. And here it is:

-Guile

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2010, 07:29:19 AM »
Nice small hovel! Wow, I like it.

But are you done with it? I miss a pond (with bridge across) and some tree/bushes and stones around it. And a quiet spot with a bench :)

I'm a cozy type of girl, I guess. ;)

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2010, 07:30:38 AM »
Nice small hovel! wow :D i like it

But are u done with it? I miss a pond (with bridge across) and some tree/bushes and stones around it. and a quit spot with bench :)

im a cosy type of girl i guess ;)

Actually this is supposed to be a "coffee lovers" home. I already put bushes in there and I think I'll put a bench on their someday. Right now I want to keep on making houses so that I can get better at making them.
-Guile

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2010, 07:35:41 AM »
It was more or less just my own imagination  MasterSiwel :P Most people got trouble with getting the right idea with houses and decorating.

Maybe good thing if the garden really is empty :) then those who would get it, could decorate it as they would like. Right?  ::)

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2010, 07:41:39 AM »
It was more or less just my own imagination  MasterSiwel :P Most people got trouble with getting the right idea with houses and decorating.

Maybe good thing if the garden really is empty :) then those who would get it, could decorate it as they would like. Right?  ::)

I know what you're looking at. The last and final picture doesn't have a garden because I didn't edit the yard at the time. You should look at the upper picture (it does have a garden). (I was going to add a garden when a sim moves into it so that it can have that garden feel).
-Guile

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2010, 09:06:47 AM »
Sorry, I don't see the garden To me, a garden is filled with trees, flowers and bushes, water and a quiet spot for 2 (if you understand what I mean, heh).

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »
Sorry i don't see the garden :3  to me a garden is filled with trees, flowers and bushes, water and a quiet spot for 2 (if you understand what i mean heh)

Yes. I suppose people have different ways of interpreting things. :P
-Guile

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2010, 10:54:40 AM »
True :P some likes it a bit... bare. Others (like me) likes it almost like a small forest haha