Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1076374 times)

Balkor

Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #315 on: September 07, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »
Ive made another little house ^^ 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom, Ideal for a small Family although I haven't put a car space in there is room to place one besides the house.

First shot is of the whole house, I'm not quite sure what I was doing with the roof, just messing around with different types and I eventually ended up with this.

Here is the first floor of the house, The fenced area is basically a place to look down onto the living room, I figured i would try something new with this house and I quite like it ^^.  The Red room will be Master Bedroom, Black room will be a Gym and the Blue room will be a Bathroom, The rest of the area I'm just going to have planned as a relaxing environment.

Finally the ground floor, here we have a Living room, dining room and kitchen all wrapped into one along with a Study/Second bedroom and a second bathroom.

I hope you all like it ^^  ;D  Oh and it's valued at just under 29k

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: September 08, 2010, 10:49:03 AM »
I like it Balkor.  It's unique.  I have a question/suggestion.  Upstairs where the black room and red room are there is a bit of hallway that really serves little purpose.  Why?  Why not draw a wall across from the black to the red past the black's door and make that space a bathroom or powder room accessible by both?  Or even just one?  There is enough space in there to do that and if the black room is to be for relaxation/entertainment it would be good to have a bath room close by.  I guess I am just personally not fond of hallways though they are obviously necessary.  By the way, a belated welcome to the forum!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #317 on: September 08, 2010, 01:47:17 PM »
Ok, you know I've started my own, Twinbrook Restoration Society, (membership, one, lol), so here is a bit of what I've done.  There is sooooo much more but we're limited as to how many pictures we can post at a time.

This is a "street" of new lots where nothing but sadness was before.  The depressed, gloomy, swampy space just cried out for adventurous Sims to come and create a place of beauty that will attract more people and perhaps, restore the glory that was once Twinbrook.  The Society decided this area of renovation was so far out of town and mainstream that it would require several buildings that would make it a little township of it's own.  A village, perhaps.  J.R. Brunxton, of Brunxton Boxcar Diner, decided it was time for him to break off from the family site and start a franchise of his own.  He dreamed bigger than his dad and wanted a place that would attract customers of all ages and status.  He made J.R.'s Playland and Diner.  This is the result. (Note one of the many new customers that flock to his establishment!  The five star cuisine is also a big draw despite the boxcar appearance.)

New beginnings.  The first buildings on the street are a modest home, the play land, a grocery store and a library.

J.R.'s!  Note the two customers and the gnubb game in progress!  It's a success.

The Library is usually full of readers.  And why not since it is in such a quietly lovely setting?

Rather than use a lot of landfill, these homeowners built their home up on pillars after leveling the land to make it smooth and sunken.  It appears to be floating but not so.  They tell me they have many ideas for making this home larger and taller, but for now their small house is perfect for this garden loving couple.

As you can see, the house rises above this lovely hidden away garden.  The landing above features a quiet place to wait for the car pool and school bus, (no children yet), and broad stairs to the partially landscaped yard.  I was told the organic garden will soon be replanted.  The area to the lower left is an arbor which covers a quiet spot to sit and read or just enjoy the view.  The small patio area is ready for a cook out with fresh veggies from the garden!  The little "house", or shed, with the flowers on top is actually the entrance to the basement level which is unfinished at the moment.  The homeowners have decided to take a bit of a vacation break to see new sites and perhaps start collecting some interesting items for their home and yard.

I wonder who will move in next?

----------
My No Buy Story

Balkor

« Reply #318 on: September 08, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »
I like it Balkor.  It's unique.  I have a question/suggestion.  Upstairs where the black room and red room are there is a bit of hallway that really serves little purpose.  Why?  Why not draw a wall across from the black to the red past the black's door and make that space a bathroom or powder room accessible by both?  Or even just one?  There is enough space in there to do that and if the black room is to be for relaxation/entertainment it would be good to have a bath room close by.  I guess I am just personally not fond of hallways though they are obviously necessary.  By the way, a belated welcome to the forum!

To be brutally honest I just like hallways, I was planning on the end of it to have a Display cabinet at the end of it to show off any artifacts I really like that I see.

Also Joria, I adore your work ^^ The whole Twinbrook Restoration thing sounds like alot of fun =P

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #319 on: September 08, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
I just realised that I forgot my adventurer sim, other more depressing news has hit another game. Maybe I will upload the house if anyone would like it?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #320 on: September 08, 2010, 05:11:12 PM »
Joria!  You crack me up!  I love the work you've done restoring Twinbrook.  You're so creative and it really shows in your building and redecorating!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #321 on: September 08, 2010, 07:41:12 PM »
I love what you're doing to my favorite town! I especially like how you overcame the terrain difficulties! I'm pleased the hearty flood survivors have learned a lesson, and now appreciate a home on pillars. Beautiful work, amazing imagination!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #322 on: September 08, 2010, 08:17:16 PM »
Just a quick note...  y'all need to upload your avatars again because of the server move.  They aren't showing up on your posts.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: September 08, 2010, 11:54:19 PM »
Thanks everybody.  I truly can't think clearly enough to do my own CAW thing so restoration is my only option at the moment.  I really am having fun doing this.  It's quite a challenge to fit in some of the lots and even more so when you have crazy terrain.  It annoys me when it says, can't place on unroutable terrain and then in the middle of nowhere, no roads or anything, there are all kinds of spaces for lots.  It would be nice if we could do roads and stuff.

My alternate projects are finishing up and making lovely homes for the DaVinci folks.  I had tried several different attempts before I got serious and did my last, final, and reported one, but I kept three of the other practices.  Now they are all still working on their ltw of becoming a daVinci, but they have oodles of money for me to spend on their houses since I don't have to be getting rich for the challenge.  And of course, there is the Dynasty challenge.  That one I'm trying to do slow and carefully and not very much building there at the moment since my guys are still working on getting ahead.

Hey, if anyone wants to jump on the Twinbrook Restoration Committee bandwagon, please do so!  It would be great to see what you do and how you approach the terrain challenges.  I'd love to share all that.  Oh, and if you want, I can upload that house I built.

Samoh, silly boy!  Of course we want you to upload that house!  DUH! (lol)  Your houses are always great.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2010, 01:36:15 AM »
Ha ha, will do! ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #325 on: September 09, 2010, 05:07:59 PM »
Ok, the hallway makes sense then.  It would be a cool sort of surprise to see a display at the end of that hall.  I like it.

----------
My No Buy Story

Balkor

« Reply #326 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
Here is my latest and what I consider my best home yet, A nice, two bedroom beach house with the best view in town (Check last picture to see what I mean.)  However I am concerned with my building style on how I normally have quite large, expensive (82k for this) houses that can only really support small families.

First shot is the front of house, I got the whole bridge over a swimming pool idea from the house next door xD And the random plants are my attempts of landscaping.

Second shot is the back of the house, showing off both areas for relaxing and sunbathing ^^ Also if wanted an access to the pool.

Third shot is the upstairs of the house, starting with the Top right corner (White room) and going clockwise we have main living area, Master bedroom 1 with Private Study and En-suit, Master bedroom 2 with Private Study and En-suit, Main Media Room/Study.  Finally in the center I'm not sure If ill have any furniture, maybe a couple of chairs and plants.

Final shot of the actual house is the downstairs and again starting at the top right (Wooden floors) going clockwise there is the Kitchen with Dining room, Garage 1, Garage 2, Powder/Laundry room with Main Bathroom.  Again with the center I'm not sure if ill be furnishing.

Finally we have that great view I was on about ^^

Once I've funished ill retake the pictures for everyone but unfortunately I need to go to work soon =(

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2010, 04:48:45 PM »
That is an awesome view, Balkor.

I like the way you've got the "front stairs / access bridge" to match the stonework on the sides of the house as well.

I'm not sure I'd want my Sims driving their cars across those bridges though ... hehe

-- Happytime

Balkor

« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
That is an awesome view, Balkor.

I like the way you've got the "front stairs / access bridge" to match the stonework on the sides of the house as well.

I'm not sure I'd want my Sims driving their cars across those bridges though ... hehe

-- Happytime

Thanks ^^ Also they arent actually bridges for the car area, I can't paint tiles straight over a Pool and I figured for RP purposes it would be better to just not have a pool there anyways.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: September 12, 2010, 12:45:36 PM »
Balkor, another building star is born!  Terrific house.  I love it all.  When I look at houses folks have built I think, "would I personally like to live in this house"?  With this one you built the answer is a definite and emphatic YES!

----------
My No Buy Story