Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1076496 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #345 on: September 16, 2010, 04:21:36 AM »
@Joria:

That's a very clever and unique idea you've got there.  And very lovely, too.  LlamaMama mentioned the Meteor Gods.  She's got a point.  That would be my main concern for everyone who likes to live outside.  I've never seen or heard of a Sim getting hit by a meteor while indoors, so it probably increases your chances of being hit.  Just saying.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #346 on: September 16, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »
@Joria:

That's a very clever and unique idea you've got there.  And very lovely, too.  LlamaMama mentioned the Meteor Gods.  She's got a point.  That would be my main concern for everyone who likes to live outside.  I've never seen or heard of a Sim getting hit by a meteor while indoors, so it probably increases your chances of being hit.  Just saying.  ;D

I have never been hit by, or lost anything to a meteor, and my original intention was just to make a beautifully landscaped lot, then raise a building above it, (you know how I like to put my houses up in the air!), and then have the lot become a sort of maze where the museum would be.  As my immortals came along and aged up, the elders would transfer to living quarters either higher up, (more elevated levels), or underground in the basement since I've figured out how to make basement homes, homey.  As it turns out, I have to redo that dynasty.  I went there last night thinking I'd just play it out but it really saddened me so I probably won't keep it.

Aiwe:  did you read my mind?  My very FIRST house as a Sims3 player was all connected octagons!  Then I decided, wait, put the octagons up in the air.  So I had a below level with kitchen/dining area and a small "visitor" lounge and a library, then up above I had bedrooms and bathrooms for the bedrooms, plus a huge deck that basically surrounded all the different octagons making each bedroom have it's own private deck area plus a large one for entertaining.  It was for a legacy I was working on and it just kept spawning new octagons.  It DID look like a cluster of mushrooms.  Sadly, my pc crashed and I lost it all and had not saved any screenies elsewhere.  Lost my legacy, (I was up to gen 4), and everything.  Yours is different from mine and really adorable.  I love that look for a house.  I must say your pathing flows better than mine did and looks very playable.  I had a few awkward moments in mine.  I love the way you're doing your tree house too.  One of the things I really love playing around with is elevations.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Aiwe

« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
I just like octagons for some reason, they look good, they aren't enormously practical because they make it difficult to place furniture, but they look good. As for the tree house it was partially inspired by an advert I saw in a magazine for bespoke tree-houses, the website is http://www.blueforest.com/bespoke-treehouses some of them are gorgeous, pity I can't anything like afford them. Am really glad you like them though, will go away now and work on that tree house some more.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #348 on: September 16, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
I really love the tree house idea!  I'm thinking it would work out really cool with some of the items from the Faire Folk Life set.  :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #349 on: September 18, 2010, 04:30:52 AM »
I am finally going to show you my new house for the one and only family I play (mostly). I moved the biggest house from Riverview to Twinbrook and redid the whole thing because I found the old house boring. I am really pleased with it. 5 photos can't really show you the whole extent of it. It has 3 lounge rooms (2 with tvs), dining room, kitchen, 5 bedrooms, 3 car + bikes garage, art room, study/library, exercise room, 6 bathrooms, laundry, party room, and lots of hallways with odds and ends in them. Oh and a kids room that is decorated but not in use at the moment. Outside there's a pool with a view, a pond, a paved area with tables and  umbrellas, a trampoline, a gnubb set, and even a little tree house for the future kids to play in! Oh and many verandas, and an unfinished basement. If anyone wants me to upload it or show more pictures just let me know, though right now there are sims in the house.

Photos: most of the ground level:

My favourite room:

The party area outside with trampoline and pool, fire place, chairs and tables with umbrellas, etc.:

And the view of the house from the front:

And I had a 5th photo but it wouldn't load...

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #350 on: September 18, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
I'm lovin' the octagons!  Joria, that house is super cute!

Hannah, your mansion is GORGEOUS!  Love the way the front looks!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #351 on: September 18, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
I am finally going to show you my new house for the one and only family I play (mostly). I moved the biggest house from Riverview to Twinbrook and redid the whole thing because I found the old house boring. I am really pleased with it. 5 photos can't really show you the whole extent of it. It has 3 lounge rooms (2 with tvs), dining room, kitchen, 5 bedrooms, 3 car + bikes garage, art room, study/library, exercise room, 6 bathrooms, laundry, party room, and lots of hallways with odds and ends in them. Oh and a kids room that is decorated but not in use at the moment. Outside there's a pool with a view, a pond, a paved area with tables and  umbrellas, a trampoline, a gnubb set, and even a little tree house for the future kids to play in! Oh and many verandas, and an unfinished basement. If anyone wants me to upload it or show more pictures just let me know, though right now there are sims in the house.

*bowing/kowtowing*  I'm not worthy!  I'm not worthy!  Hail to the Queen!  Palli, this is, bar none, the most awesome house I have ever seen.  PLEASE, please, please, upload it to the exchange so I can nab it!
It's gorgeous. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #352 on: September 18, 2010, 04:48:23 PM »
Rear patio which eventually be enclosed by the octagons

I like your strategy of having a mini-pool handy next to the BBQ just in case!

Great houses, all!

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: September 18, 2010, 05:49:15 PM »
Very nice house, apart from those white tiles around the pool!  ;D (I know is this guy fussy or what?  :D)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2010, 12:00:36 AM »
Here's the house I started building for my dynasty family, a WIP.  The front is pretty much done except for some trees; interior courtyard and backyard are still empty (along with the entire inside), and the sloppy jalopy's are just placeholders :)  My inspiration is something like 'classic American-styled Spanish villa' if that makes sense haha.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2010, 03:32:29 AM »
Wowza, that is amazing! I like that stone but then I have had that wall paint on my legacy home for about Three generations!  :D But back to your Villa, it looks amazing and I don't think I would know where to start decorating that!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »
That's a lot of house for 8 residents! How are you planning to use all that space? Is one floor going to be the museum?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2010, 08:44:26 PM »
Wow Tommy! You are a very talented builder! It's amazing. I don't know how to do it but keep it up it is beautiful!

pepperpizzapal

« Reply #358 on: September 19, 2010, 09:43:17 PM »
That's an amazing house, Tommy!
....and now I'm jealous. Even the house I'm hard at work is nothing compared to that...
But, I've made a little progress on it.

This room is the front entrance to the house, done in a modern deco style.

And this is the upstairs hallway, which is a build-off of the entryway.

I have a grand total of two bedrooms decorated at this moment. First is the Princess Room, which is on the second floor in the main house. The second is the entire, finished guest house, which is intended for those houseguests that won't leave, and so I put a place they can satisfy their motives without disturbing my sims in the middle of the night.

Altogether, this house is going to have room for eight sims (not counting the beds in the guest house), and cost enough that I'll have to put it in the bin and buy it a few generations down the road (four rooms & yard done, costs about $300,000).

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #359 on: September 19, 2010, 10:25:59 PM »
Wow Tommy, that is some house!  Now I am very curious as to what the inside looks like.  VERY curious.  It is amazing!

anything