Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1075650 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #615 on: February 01, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »
Nice, guys! Ruby, I adore the floorplan of your orange house, it's so spacious and flowing. I'd probably try to enclose the carport a little though, those wooden columns look a little precarious. Perhaps you could make some columns with the wall tool instead? For you danefaith, I'd say the structural changes you made are definitely for the better. I'm loving the modern feel and the limey green colour. The Zen garden's pretty sweet too, but I think the bamboo trees are blocking the front too much and the rocks on the left look a little lonely. We don't want to distract from the building itself too much. Desert foliage does sound good, if you have any cacti. The smoother lines would look better, I think. Aside from my minor nitpicking, they're both lovely houses, good job. :)

As for me, I just found this mansion that I vaguely remember working on a little while ago. Well, it's a bit of a stretch calling a house on a 30 x 30 lot a mansion, but it's the most mansion-y house I've ever built so goshdarnit, I'm calling it a mansion. It's just a shell right now and the exterior's not quite done (that garden in the back has to go), but here's some pics for the gist of it:

Front view:

Back view:

I still have to put a fair bit more work into it. For one, I'm having trouble mapping out the rooms in a realistic way. So far there's four large bedrooms with a smaller one for a butler, but that's subject to change if I find something more efficient. As for the outside, what do you think?

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #616 on: February 01, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »
Thanks heaps for the comments, Ausette! I might try using wall columns soon, and I'll glad you like the layout.
I love your mansion, especially the water urn with the flowers out the back, it looks perfectly suited to the mansion.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #617 on: February 01, 2011, 08:32:54 PM »
I like the changes to the house, Danefaith! The carport is really cool being underneath the bridge, and the bamboo and zen gardens look great. :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2011, 09:43:49 PM »
danefaith - it looks marvelous. I actually like the trees and rock garden, though the one on the left with just rocks could use something to add life to it.

ruby - that's a gorgeous house. I agree the carport poles look a bit precarious though.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #619 on: February 01, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »
Thanks pally!
danefaith, I love your modern home, especially the lime-green, and the 2nd story glass room.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #620 on: February 01, 2011, 11:22:51 PM »
Yeah I was a bit lazy with the left hand rock garden, finally got around to sprucing it up though.

I also trimmed the bamboo trees to just four, smallest size.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #621 on: February 02, 2011, 12:00:10 AM »
Perfect! I love all the little details, can't wait to see it on the exchange :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #622 on: February 02, 2011, 01:28:58 AM »

Furnished the detached unit.   Ended up being one tricked out gymnasium with hot tub.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #623 on: February 03, 2011, 12:52:51 AM »
This is a house I built for my young Carina Dreamweaver after she finished the My Garden of Eatin' Smells Fishy challenge.  I tore down her existing small boxy house and built one that's nicer, but not overblown.  It's a modern theme for the beach and is decorated in pastel shades of aqua, green, blue, and purple.  I wanted an open and breezy feeling, so it's got lots of big windows.

Exterior:

Ground level:

Kitchen:

Dining Room:

Living Room:

Master Suite:

Butler's Quarters:

Nursery:

Note:  I seldom post in this thread and didn't realize how difficult it is to be limited to only 5 images per post.  Sorry about that, guys.  I'm going to allow 10 images per post from now on.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #624 on: February 03, 2011, 12:55:50 AM »
10 pictures?
Cool! ;D
That is a lovely house Pam! I think the blue theme is stunning!

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
  • Trust me, I'm a meteorologist.
« Reply #625 on: February 03, 2011, 05:06:37 AM »
Oh wow, I love your new house, Pam! It looks so modern and realistic.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #626 on: February 04, 2011, 11:55:41 AM »
ten pictures?  Woo!

So continuing my WIP over here: got the kitchen, dining room, and living room done.

I'm a little unsatisfied with the right side of the living room: could probably put that space to better use.  Any suggestions?

edit: Redid the right side like so: improvement?

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #627 on: February 04, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »
@Danefaith- The house is looking great! I love how the grey and lime green carry in from the outside. Also, the high ceiling in the living room looks awesome.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #628 on: February 05, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »
I have been so bad about posting here, or anywhere for that matter.  Sorry guys.  So spent the day from post 50 on catching up with you all and all I can say is I am just stunned!  Pam, you outdid yourself with that lovely home, and many, many thanks for the increase in photos for us!  Danefaith, you continue to always amaze me and I love the fix for the living room in the lime/grey house.  As for the rest, too many to remember but you are all awesome with great houses.  Guess I'd best get back to work and be busy building again.  You've all put me to shame.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #629 on: February 05, 2011, 07:53:11 PM »
I just started a random sim who is goign to start a colony of women who are named after certain things. Her name is Gelée which means Frost in French. She got Agnes to move in and will be renamed soon but I just built them a modest house and it suits all their needs it is around, 9x12 sized and looks quite cottagey.  :) I built it at night and it is night now,w ell morning if you want to be scientificly correct  ;), so I only have a Night Picture but still it has a feel I think.  :)

(The picture in the Top Left was shortly stolen by a Burgular so that is gone and now replaced by a portrait of Gelée. (Who is top right in the modest but fully equiped kitchen). In the future I may give them a place to represent their last name, Nymphe. I already have an Idea, but it will take a lot of work and cheats. :D (P.s Does anyone know if the constrainfloorelevation false cheat works? I think it does but I have drawn a blank as to my memory, maybe statying up till the clock says 00:50 is not a good idea.  ;D )
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything