Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1075662 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #870 on: March 30, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »
Danefaith, I think your houses are brilliant!  I'm a sucker for modern/contemporary design and I love how yours are sleek, elegant and harmonious.  For me the hallmark of an excellent design is whether or not I would want to live in it.  I can say that when I look at your work I'm insanely jealous that my Sims get to live in it and I don't!

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #871 on: March 30, 2011, 08:32:04 PM »

I had a lot of fun installing the lighting.  ;D

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Shenice93

« Reply #872 on: March 30, 2011, 11:07:45 PM »
OMG!! Danefaith!!! I love it! I would totally live there. It makes my heart throb.

I made some changes to my latest WIP. For one I added a front door and have begun the furnishing process. I must say I love Outdoor Living. The furniture is so amazing to me. Though I will definetely change that deck area. I haven't changed any of the colors because I usually do that towards the end and I'm not feeling the current layout there anyway.

I finished the lobby. There is a call box (not shown) and a door leading to the garage (also not shown). I debated on what to put in the center for a long time. Finally settled on that tree which is from the store. Its from one of the free sets the name of which escapes me at this moment.

A state of the art gym (somewhat). Plenty of room so your Sims won't bump elbows with other residents.

and then we have one of my more simple kitchen designs. I personally love that shade of red in the flooring. It's gotta be one of my favorites. I also love how the red is reflected in all the stainless steel accents. One of my favorite features in the sims 3.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #873 on: March 31, 2011, 02:53:13 AM »
danefaith - I would go with a colour overhall, cause it just looks a bit plain.

shenice - I leave the colouring till last too :). I like the blue room with the tree in the middle. And the kitchen is lovely - very imaginative use of floor tiles, and the colour is gorgeous.

Natsuko

« Reply #874 on: March 31, 2011, 12:21:58 PM »
Shenice93 thats beautiful! I love the modern look, its very beautfiul.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #875 on: April 03, 2011, 07:17:32 AM »
First, I rarely comment on this page cause I bored my self with all the wow's, and same old comments. I'm really not good in spotting anything and can only say my impressions which are almost always: wow. Amazing work everyone! Shenice, Danefaith, Samoht and everyone else!

Now, I'm all wrapped up in CAW, got my inspiration back. So, after several sketches deleted, I finally shaped it, put some roads and bridges, zoned several lots, placed most of the rabbitholes and did a little landscaping. Now, I'm trying to stay with tropical feeling, but little modernized (no other explanation for all those rabbithole buildings other than modernisation). So I made something like a park but it's more like a plaza, and game recognized it as Art Gallery, I'll have to change that. Now on to question, I placed only 8 large palms, and strangely it seem enough. And I placed ton's of fountains, since I can't get enough of them. So I wonder, too little plants/flowers/trees, too much fountains? What about general feel, is something missing (toilets are in basement)? Any comment/critic/suggestion will be good, thanks! ( I just saw I need to center one of the lamps :))

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #876 on: April 03, 2011, 07:47:59 AM »
Anushka that park is really great. I wouldn't add anything - it works well the way it is, trees, fountains, and all :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Shenice93

« Reply #877 on: April 03, 2011, 10:11:34 AM »
Wow Anushka! That park is magnificent. I have been trying to get into CAW but every time I try I end up confusing myself. :P

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #878 on: April 03, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »
Thank you Pallyndrome and Shenice! I was thinking about maybe adding some floral pattern on grass, and couldn't find pigeon spawner so far, but will skip flowers in this one. I'm having a blast with this, so I'm glad you like it.
Shenice, what are you confused about? You can ask anything in CAW topic, and me and other members who are successfully using it will help you if we can.

Shenice93

« Reply #879 on: April 03, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »
I guess it would have to be road building. I bet if I could just get past that then CAW would be so much easier.   :-\

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #880 on: April 03, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »
Anushka, your water park is gorgeous! It has a fabulous airy open feel from lack of vegetation that allows the fountains to be the main feature. I bet, with all the little lights you put in along the walkways, it's absolutely stunning at night (I'll bet you don't even need the street lamps in the middle).

Personally, I would move the stairs onto the grass area just next to where they are because the green hedge surrounding the stairs takes away from the aerial lines of the walkways (does that make sense?) - put green on green. Or change the hedge to a recoloured fence/railing.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Shenice93

« Reply #881 on: April 03, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »
My WIP is past the halfway point now. Just have to finish the rest of the residential area and add some things to the public spaces and then some little landscaping things then I can call it done.

I added some stone and brick work on the garage and some rocks on the house in general though I think I might replace it with the white.

I've decided that brick would be better that the stone.  :-\

The pool area is complete and ready for a public space maker.

On the inside, I finished the kitchen/dining/living room of the residence. This is just the first floor of it. There's still the second and penthouse/master bedroom to do.

The "hallways" turned out really nice. I love the color. I've said that a lot. :D

and then there was the public laundry/music room. With this now complete the first floor is completely done. :D Now I can take a nap.

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #882 on: April 03, 2011, 11:34:40 PM »
Anushka - I really like your park.  It looks like a great place to spend a warm, sunny weekend.  I think the number of trees is just right.  Too much foliage would ruin the clean lines, which is what I like about it.  Maybe add some terrain paint at the base of the trees to make them look a little more natural, though?  And I agree with moving the stairs to the grassy area to keep the crisp, straight lines you've got going.  Other than that, it looks great.  :)

Shenice - Your laundry/music room has a very beachy, open feel to it.  I really like it.  And I love the deep, rich reds in the kitchen/dining/living area.  It is one of my favorite shades of red.  Your driveway looks a little out of place, though.  Have you thought about trying the asphalt or gravel terrain paint?  They may fit in more with the modern style of the apartment.  :-\

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #883 on: April 04, 2011, 12:53:59 AM »
I'm so glad I asked ;D

I had trouble with stairs. First I was in trouble where to put toilets cause in area there are none, on ground it ruin the symmetry, and I end up going in basement. Then, stairs ruin the symmetry too. If I cover them with vegetation then I need to put more of it for balance. I didn't like big stone fence and I tried almost every available. Then I end up with this greenand gave up! You are so right, now it belong in green area! Even if I wanted to keep grass out of route! I deleted the green this is how it looks now:

I also added a little dirty ground texture, but I don't like it that much:-\

And lily, I love it at night. I placed street lamps over the gnubb/chess area and then to other areas too, again looking to balance things, now it look too bright. So here is without them, at night. I'm shore Sims won't mind:

(Now I'll move recycling can down to basement and have all clean and neat. I also love that you inspire me to look for other options for lights, and now tables have both umbrellas for day and light for the night!)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #884 on: April 04, 2011, 03:09:58 AM »
Just as I thought, Anushka, it's absolutely stunning at night with all the little lights!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything