Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1075671 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #945 on: April 14, 2011, 05:14:25 AM »
A Pool/Patio area for Outdoor Parties?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #946 on: April 14, 2011, 05:17:59 AM »
A Pool/Patio area for Outdoor Parties?

I was thinking about that.
Problem is, CandyHeartedSim (who I'm building the house for) has Vanilla and WA. I don't believe that she has the LN patch that allowed pools on all levels. Also, about a quarter of the floor downstairs is filled with a pool. So the majority of the upstairs patio type place would not work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #947 on: April 15, 2011, 08:27:09 AM »
I'm running out of idea :|. I'm not good at "painting", so the wall around look .... Any suggestions?

"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #948 on: April 15, 2011, 06:30:17 PM »
Yarakisagoa, that garden seems a little empty.
Maybe you could put in a Koi Pond?
Using some terrain paints and fencing, you could also make a Zen Garden.

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #949 on: April 15, 2011, 09:46:12 PM »
Yes. Thank you. I think a chinese pond will be very fits to my house. And the Zen is at the middle of the house (you can see that in the picture, in the middle of the garden). But in case i cant do it, i mean if it's not as good as it supose to be, will you help me finish it? If so, thank you so much :D.
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #950 on: April 16, 2011, 02:30:31 AM »
Next up, kitchen, master bedroom, and child's bedroom.

Grr, I'm so repetitive when it comes to children's bedrooms...  Ah well, changed up the bed arrangement from my norm and am very proud of my pile-o-teddies.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #951 on: April 16, 2011, 04:26:01 AM »
I like your pile of teddies too! You know there's a rabbit and little tiger on the shop to that act the same as teddies - there's a mummy teddy in WA and a panda teddy on the shop too. And I like how you've arranged the bed in the master bedroom - I haven't seen it not against the wall before.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #952 on: April 16, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
I love the floating bed in the master, Danefaith! I also like the kitchen.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #953 on: April 16, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »
A lot of the houses displayed here are really nice and very original! It's absolutely wonderful to see them be made available for others to enjoy as well. It's a shame I only recently discovered this forum, would have liked to share my houses as well. However, I recently lost all my saved Sims files in a total PC crash.

Since then I've been entertaining the thought of taking a different approach this time around. Instead of creating original appartments, lofts, houses and villa's, I've been playing with the idea to recreate some of the true masterpieces in the history of architecture. Designs of turn of the century architects who revolutionized architecture, such as Le Corbusier, Mies van der Rohe, Frank Lloyd Wright, Aalto, to name a few of the most recognized. But also further down in history, there's are wealth of incredibly beautiful renaissance architecture, such as Palladio's "Venice villas". I think that even an old Roman atrium villa would make a great sim house with a few adaptations.

I was wondering if there'd be any interest in houses like that?

Offline e1990r

• Nooboo
« Reply #954 on: April 16, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »
Hey I am e1990r. I am in the middle of building a 2 story 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath home and I am stuck trying to decide the type of window that will go best with the outside of the house. If you have any suggestions please give them to me. Oh and I am using the Lattice Door for my front door. The picture of my sim house is attached.

Shenice93

« Reply #955 on: April 16, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum, e1990r!

About your house, I'm not really sold on the blue exterior walls. It might be because you don't have any windows up yet. If you really want to do the blue sliding then I would recommend going white with exterior windows, doors, railings, etc. I would also go with a lighter colored roof, just so that the place doesn't look so dark. Could you upload a picture of the back? I can't really say much with out seeing the house from different angles. I can see some stairs that I assume lead to the back porch, but I can not be sure. A picture could really help with that. I'm interested to see where you will take this build so please keep us updated.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #956 on: April 17, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »
e1990r, I like the idea of having a different color as dominant, and this royal blue can look very nice. Now, you already placed fence and stairs, so in that line, you might try the same color wood on windows with similar shape as doors. If that doesn't suit well enough you can try modern glasses (those that have glass from ceiling to floor, without any ornaments) in black, and change the stairs fence and door too. White might work too but maybe it will be too much of the contrast cause this shade of blue is deep and dark. Try and you'll see how it look.

Danefaith, thank you so much for this idea of placing counters the way you did here! Love it! I'm patiently waiting for more homes for this themed neighborhood, I have a perfect place for them!

Yarakisagosa, I' really not good in choosing wall papers :D maybe some paneling would fit? And with maybe small bamboo and few ancient rocks next to it, or with moveobjects on to place it partially inside the walls with some fern and bushes? And pond would fit perfectly, don't worry, with some waterlilies, I can't think of the place that it won't fit well :D

Offline e1990r

• Nooboo
« Reply #957 on: April 17, 2011, 12:32:16 PM »
Here is the home with windows. I would like to here peoples suggestions. It is the house that I lived in when I was in England. I don't have any pictures but my mother has described it to me so many times that I picture this house. We lived on an American base, that is why it still has that white picket fence feel even though it was in Britain. But I would love to hear your guys suggestions on the house. She just never really described the windows, but said that we had them. I was only a baby when I lived there so no real memories for me. (back on topic) But I would love to here your suggestions.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #958 on: April 17, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
This morning, I spent ~2 and a half hours building a house (read:asylum) for my insane couple and their police guard. I'll try to get some pictures up later.

Shenice93

« Reply #959 on: April 17, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »
wow e1990r it looks lovely with the windows. You have that one side of the house without windows so I would definitely put some there for consistency. I would also suggest that you extend the pond towards the back a little that way it doesn't look so out of place. I think you could use some flower bushes lining the driveway too that way you add a splash of color into your landscaping.