Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1076171 times)

Offline Filly

• Townie
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #690 on: February 18, 2011, 09:01:09 AM »
Gerrroo - thank you, thank you for for the link!

danefaith -I love how the carport turned out and the ledges under the windows on the right side. Can't wait to try out that frieze cheat!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #691 on: February 22, 2011, 08:28:55 PM »
Will someone please explain again exactly what the frieze cheat is and what it does?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #692 on: February 22, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »
Will someone please explain again exactly what the frieze cheat is and what it does?

Placing foundations on any level besides the ground.  It's how he was able to make make the orange cube and the ledges above and below the windows on the right side of his current build.  Some quick shots below to illustrate.

Before:

After:

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #693 on: February 23, 2011, 12:24:08 AM »
@danefaith:

I've placed your house, Terribly Intellectual, into my Bridgeport game for Forest Dreamweaver.  I just want to say that I LOVE that house.  I've converted one of the bedrooms to a nursery.  It is an absolutely fabulous place to live.  The club on the lowest level is just marvelous!  Great job on this! 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #694 on: February 23, 2011, 04:24:44 AM »
Placing foundations on any level besides the ground.  It's how he was able to make make the orange cube and the ledges above and below the windows on the right side of his current build.  Some quick shots below to illustrate.

Thank you.  I think I understand.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

veronica55

« Reply #695 on: February 23, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
This is my new Tuscany Farm. I would love to share the lot also but I used tons of CC which I don't even remember where I got most of them.

Note : I Love Tuscany ! ;)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #696 on: February 24, 2011, 01:18:54 AM »
veronica, that is a beautiful house, I love the whole look of the place.
It is a shame the house has so much CC, though :(
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #697 on: February 24, 2011, 01:57:40 AM »
Wow, Veronica, that is just gorgeous.  I agree...  shame it has third party custom content.  Maybe you would consider building something for our Swap Shop that doesn't have the CC.

And welcome to our Forum.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

veronica55

« Reply #698 on: February 24, 2011, 02:15:16 AM »
Thanks Ruby and Pam :) My favourite sim family lives here since a few weeks, I went wild while decorating my dream house for them lol But I wasn't planning to show it to other players, I just wanted to do so when I saw this thread. Sure, I will try to build some cute houses for the swap shop too. Just a question is the store CC allowed?

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #699 on: February 24, 2011, 02:55:12 AM »
Thanks Ruby and Pam :) My favourite sim family lives here since a few weeks, I went wild while decorating my dream house for them lol But I wasn't planning to show it to other players, I just wanted to do so when I saw this thread. Sure, I will try to build some cute houses for the swap shop too. Just a question is the store CC allowed?
Yep, any the Offical Store CC is allowed, you just have to mention it when you upload, like any EP/SP content.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #700 on: February 24, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
Another way to do it would be to remove all the items, wall covering and flooring and upload it bare.  A lot of times all I'm looking for anyways is the layout of the house, so I could use it for scratch building with a new sim.  Sometimes it's just easier to build a house around them than it is to work to earn the money to move into an existing one.

And even if I wasn't scratch building it, I would end up decorating it to my sim's tastes anyways.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #701 on: February 25, 2011, 03:32:43 AM »
Veronica, I just adore your Tuscan farm building! The colours are beautiful and the structure's so clever and realistic. Shame about the CC, but if you clean it out and redecorate it I'd love to download it for my game ;D. How many bedrooms does it have?

On another note, the new Swap Shop's just started up and I finally got a chance to share my buildings! Here are the links:

And here's a brand new one, with more info and pictures here: Rosewood Row, a nice little starter apartment for one or two Sims. I just love the doors and windows from Ambitions, I think they really made the building.

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #702 on: February 25, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
Ausette - I love Rosewood Row. Is that a red brick or did you alter the color? Is looks salmon colored but don't know if it is just the light.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #703 on: February 25, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »
New swap shop?  My laziness factor is not looking forward to the reloading process.  ;D  It certainly is rather clean cut, though.

So i'm continuing my latest creation, and what do you know, I renovated the exterior... again.  Lol.

But I'm completely satisfied with it, meaning I can finally move on to the decorating part.

I began with the west wing: this picture is just to give you a sense of how the rooms connect.

the first floor, facing the backyard is my study.

With an elevator going up into the kitchen.

The kitchen exits into the cube feature, which is my moody dining room.  I toned down the gothic note just a bit so it wasn't too isolated from the rest of the house.

Also a shot of the carport.  On the left is actually the same elevator shoot.  I'm going to test to see if a double faced elevator will be functional in game.  On the right hand side is utilities [laundry, and the tiny 2x2 at the bottom are the garbage bins] and a door into the study.

Then I started on the east wing with the bedroom.

All that's left is the living room, back yard and a handful of tiny rooms, and I'm done!

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

veronica55

« Reply #704 on: February 25, 2011, 11:07:42 PM »
Veronica, I just adore your Tuscan farm building! The colours are beautiful and the structure's so clever and realistic. Shame about the CC, but if you clean it out and redecorate it I'd love to download it for my game ;D. How many bedrooms does it have?

On another note, the new Swap Shop's just started up and I finally got a chance to share my buildings! Here are the links:

And here's a brand new one, with more info and pictures here: Rosewood Row, a nice little starter apartment for one or two Sims. I just love the doors and windows from Ambitions, I think they really made the building.

Thank you Ausette :) Actually the building is a "a lot" modified version of one of the EA houses in the housebin but I am happy with how it ended up :) It has 1 master bedroom, 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, 1 tiny nursery and a butler room. I designed it more for the sims who have "loves outdoors" trait :)) Like me ! lol  The laundry, nectar making room and the basement are reached from outside.
Sure, I will remove the CC and put it in swap shop soon. Luv your apartments !