Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 481849 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »
Introduction

Hello! As I'm sure you know, I am Devin Ashton, host of the hit SNBC* show The Bachelorette.

We are just about to start a new season, and we want you. Do you think you have what it takes to date the next bachelorette?

Before you answer that, answer these questions:

Would you like to spend the next several weeks partying at glamourous clubs and exotic locales?

Do you want fame and glory?

Most importantly, do you want the chance to fall in love?

If all of these things appeal to you, ask your Watcher to send you to Starlight Shores for the chance of a lifetime!

You'll get to stay in the gorgeous Bachelorette Mansion, built by the world-famous and fabulous builder intl_incident!

Be sure to check out my favourite place, the pool. It is awesome!

I hope you're not camera-shy, because there will be screenshots!

I personally look forward to meeting those lucky men who will get to date the lovely bachelorette!

Speaking of the bachelorette, tune in tomorrow to meet her!

Well, that's all for now, folks! We'll see you next time!

*SimNation Broadcasting Company

Jump to Introducing the Bachelorette, Part I.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:44:40 PM »
The "Rules"

The Source

Okay, here's the breakdown. Have you heard of the TV programme The Bachelorette? No? Well, I'll explain it to you briefly. One girl, many guys. (In the case of the original show, 25. In our case, seven.) The eligible lady is pursued by all of these men, each of whom hopes for the chance of a future with her. Each week, the bachelorette chooses who will go on a series of dates, a mix of single and group dates, and thus get the chance to spend precious time with her and convince her he is The One! At the end of every week, a Rose Ceremony is held in which the bachelorette presents the men, one at a time, with a rose. However, not everyone can get a rose and each week someone will have to go home. So it's really important to make a good impression! Eventually the bachelorette will narrow all of her choices down to one, and that man is the one that wins her heart.

See how Eliminations work on this show here.

The Guidelines for Submission

As implied in the post above, the people submitting the eligible bachelors will be--you! So put on your thinking caps and try to make the Sim that the bachelorette will be most likely to fall in love with. If you want to enter, here are some guidelines:

This will be a time commitment for you, should you choose to enter. It will require playing time beforehand and regular correspondence with me about your Sim, so that I can portray him most accurately. If you do not have the time to commit but would like to participate, there are other options.

You are encouraged to make your contestant a family, home, back-story. Please feel free and give them any career, Lifetime Wish, skills, and Lifetime Happiness Rewards that you desire. The only thing I ask is that you refrain from using Prepared Traveller, as it will disrupt my plans.  I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Fast Lane, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Riverview, Monte Vista, and Hidden Springs, so any content from those will translate fine to my game.  I also have quite a bit of Store content, so feel free to ask me if you have questions about specific content.

I will not take submissions for at least two weeks after this post. This is to give you time to play the Sim you create and give him a background. Again, you are very strongly encouraged to do this. However, you are allowed to “call” being in the contest, and this will keep a lot of people from creating Sims that then will not be used. We are looking for seven bachelors, which means seven people. You may start "calling" your places right away.

About the "other options" I mentioned--I will be needing Sims other than the bachelors as a part of this story. If you have only limited time or if someone called a place before you, let me know if you would be interested in making a Sim to be featured somewhere in the story! I already have some set Sims I will need, but I can take other Sims as well. Let me know if this option interests you.

The Technical Bit

The thread will be open for submissions starting on 4 March. I realise that many of you will be getting University and want to start playing right away, so I wanted to give plenty of time before it comes out. However, I also realise that some of you are playing the current challenges which end on the same day, so you may have an additional week to play and submit your Sim by 11 March. Let me know if this sounds reasonable and fair.

Thanks to everyone for reading, and I hope you participate! This should be a lot of fun.

The Acknowledgements

Formal appreciation goes to Audren for inspiring me with his interactive story, The Mole. If you haven't already, check it out. It's a fun read. Also for help and advice in the early stages.

Thanks also to intl_incident, who built the beautiful mansion at which the first two weeks of the show will take place. Just wait until you see it, it is amazing!

Submissions are no longer being accepted.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »
Current Information

The Bachelors
1. Everette Dojo, sponsored by Rhoxi
2. Leopold Mountbatten, sponsored by Magz from Oz
3. Dominic Marcini, sponsored by Pyro0001
4. Nathaniel Elysi, sponsored by azokka361
5. Kenshin Daichi, sponsored by Audren
6. Talus of the Trolls, sponsored by Gwendy
7. Dimitri Ivanov, sponsored by Lilygirl

Bachelor Bios
(There aren't really any spoilers. It just saves space.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Marielle and Leopold are on the first one-on-one date!

Chapters

Introductions
 Introduction to the Show by the Host
 Introducing the Bachelorette, Part I
 Introducing the Bachelorette, Part II

Episode 1
 Part I: Marielle
 Part II: Everette
 Part III: Leopold
 Part IV: Dominic
 Part V: Nathaniel
 Part VI: Kenshin
 Part VII: Talus

Interludes
 Trouble at the Mansion
 A Tour of The Bachelorette Mansion

Bachelor Updates
 Nathaniel
 Everette
 Kenshin
 Leopold

Interlude: The Seventh Bachelor

Bachelor Update: Talus

Episode 1 Part VIII: Dimitri

Bachelor Update: Dominic

Blooper Reel

Premiere
 Preview
 Before the Premiere
 Part I
 Part II
 Part III
 First Impression Roses

Interludes
 Legal Issue, Part I
 Legal Issue, Part II

After the Premiere

Banners

How Do Eliminations Work?

Week 1 Date 1
 First Date Card
 Before the First Date
 Part I
 Part II
 Maelstrom's Show
 Another Show and a Museum
 The Final Show, Part I
 The Final Show, Part II
 Part VII: Mini Update
 Part VII 1/2 (or more)
 Part VIII

Bachelor Photo Shoot!
 Part I
 Part II

Week 1 Date 2
 Second Date Card
 Before the Second Date
 Part I
 Part II
 Back at the Mansion
 The Show Begins!
 Strong and Horse
 Candy Kane
 Mystery, Part I
 Mystery, Part II
 Lions and Tigers and Bears!
 Snack Break!
 Snake Charming
 Dancing
 The Love Tester
 Upstairs
 Downstairs
 The Organ Grinder Credits

Week 1 Date 3
 Pre-Third Date Card
 Third Date Card
 Marielle's Confession Cam
 Before the Third Date
 Platinum
 Last Few Moments Before the Third Date
 Entrance
 Arrival

Interlude: A Cover

Week 1 Date 3 (continued)
Les Misérables
A Minute to Process
Meanwhile, Back at the Mansion
Dinner, Part I
Dinner, Part II
The Man I Love
Sweet Nothings

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
Wow. I said that I probably wouldn't submit a Sim, but your intro is quite compelling.  :P 

intl_incident really is a great builder. The penthouse I used in The Mole was also built by intl. I'm not calling a spot yet, because I haven't quite decided if I want to join, but I'll definitely be reading.

I'm so glad to see this up, and I'm thrilled that I inspired you to try this.  ;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:24:06 PM »
Wow. I said that I probably wouldn't submit a Sim, but your intro is quite compelling.  :P 

intl_incident really is a great builder. The penthouse I used in The Mole was also built by intl. I'm not calling a spot yet, because I haven't quite decided if I want to join, but I'll definitely be reading.

I'm so glad to see this up, and I'm thrilled that I inspired you to try this.  ;D

Haha! We have ways of making you enter! :P

Oh yes indeed. A truly great builder, I have been very impressed.

In all seriousness, it is all right if you don't think you have time to enter, there are always the "other options" if you are so inclined. I need readers as well as creators so I am glad of either and both  ;D I'm really glad you inspired me too! It has been a lot of work but very fun so far and I know as soon as other people get involved it will become even more fun!

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 09:25:19 PM »

Ooo, this looks like so much fun! I would love to submit a bachelor!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
Ooo, this looks like so much fun! I would love to submit a bachelor!

Cool cool! Will he be rainbow? ;) So is that you calling a space then? If so, you're the first one! Congratulations! Let me know and I will PM you the information.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 09:31:35 PM »
I would love to submit a bachelor.  When do you need him?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »
I think I could come up with a bachelor as well (it's time I admit to myself that I won't be finishing the Baby Boomer challenge this year, again).

Let me know what you need from me.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »
Whee! Three entrants already! We're almost half full! Thank you, ladies. I will PM you directly.

I would love to submit a bachelor.  When do you need him?

I won't take anyone before 4 March, because I want to make sure they are developed as characters and not fresh out of CAS. More info in the PM.

I think I could come up with a bachelor as well (it's time I admit to myself that I won't be finishing the Baby Boomer challenge this year, again).

Let me know what you need from me.

Sigh, that Baby Boomer really is a challenge. I'm on the verge of giving up as well, if my game keeps not saving. :(

By samoht04

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 11:23:22 PM »
@ombradellarosa:

Would you please send me a PM explaining how you plan to handle the voting and how you expect this story to play out?  We like to stay informed on stories that have interactive parts for players/members.  Thanks very much.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 12:01:59 AM »
Oh, I have a nice looking guy hanging around in my SimBin! I'd love to submit him!
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 12:19:55 AM »
I might be interested in submitting a sim at some point.  More than likely in the other options part, but if I get around to patching up, I might look into making a bachlor canidate.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 01:13:40 AM »
I would love to submit a bachelor....but with the way my TS3 is acting lately and not letting me upload any human sims it's impossible......I shall be reading and such anyways^^

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 01:26:02 AM »
@ombradellarosa:

Would you please send me a PM explaining how you plan to handle the voting and how you expect this story to play out?  We like to stay informed on stories that have interactive parts for players/members.  Thanks very much.

Absolutely, I'll do it right now.

Oh, I have a nice looking guy hanging around in my SimBin! I'd love to submit him!

Cool! I'll send you a PM.

I might be interested in submitting a sim at some point.  More than likely in the other options part, but if I get around to patching up, I might look into making a bachlor canidate.

Anything you'd like to do is fine, I will be delighted either way :) Just let me know when you decide. Keep in mind though that unless you formally call your place, someone else may jump in.

I would love to submit a bachelor....but with the way my TS3 is acting lately and not letting me upload any human sims it's impossible......I shall be reading and such anyways^^

Aww, how sad! I hate game malfunctions  >:( I wonder why it won't work...is it just sharing, or can you not save a Sim at all?

By samoht04

anything