Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Alex - The Potting Shed
6 (5.6%)
Claire Fox - "Middle of the City" Earth
3 (2.8%)
Pupdude - Bachelor's Bungalow
1 (0.9%)
Sans_Sanity - The Minimalist's Dream Home
8 (7.4%)
Snufflesxx -Little Lucie's Caravan
4 (3.7%)
RaiaDraconis - Teeny House on the Prairie
4 (3.7%)
Jaaaaks - Simply Rustic
6 (5.6%)
Chuckles_82 - Singular Efficiency
14 (13%)
Ladybug53 - Micro-Mini
2 (1.9%)
Vinyl - The Peaceful Slumber
3 (2.8%)
ratchie - Fleur Cottage
1 (0.9%)
MissPlumbBob - Single Mom Studio
2 (1.9%)
hazelnut - Black & White & Re(a)d
9 (8.3%)
PrincessMimi - My (Mini) Home in Pink and Green
4 (3.7%)
Ausette - Micropolis
8 (7.4%)
Gheez - The Titchy GnHome
1 (0.9%)
Gogowars329 - Yellow Cross Starter
2 (1.9%)
Neashaleigh - World's Smallest House
1 (0.9%)
Decima - Caravan Starter
14 (13%)
Twinmum - Comfy Cozy
2 (1.9%)
Saltpastillen - The Study Shack
9 (8.3%)
CynKuy - Don't Laugh It's Paid For...
4 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: March 14, 2013, 04:31:21 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013:4 - Extreme Minimalistic Starter  (Read 25579 times)

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
Re: Building Contest 2013:4 - Extreme Minimalistic Starter
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »
My (Mini) Home in Pink and Green
Lot size: 10x15
Furnished Price: 6,779
Unfurnished Price: 5,212
Expansion Packs Used: Base and Ambitions
Bed Spaces: 1
Number of Floor Tiles: 24

Just because this home is petite doesn't mean the buyer has to sacrifice style! This ultra feminine home embraces the essence of one of nature's best color combos, Pink and Green. The outside is somewhat calm and neutrally colored, as we (the building company) don't want to overwhelm passerbys.

Although the home only uses 24 tiles, it contains everything one needs for comfortable living, including a fully functional kitchen with a newly updated stove. All of the appliances were custom made, as one cannot find patterned televisions and fridges at regular retail stores.

For the sake of the many victims of head-bumping induced by bunk beds, we have put in a traditional bed. You are welcome. Feel free to furnish your new home with your own paintings (that match the color scheme, of course!).

Although you are not able see it, the shower tiles match the pink and green pattern that covers many of the other pieces of furniture. Although the toilet and sink are made out of rare green porcelain, they function the same way as the traditional kind.

Since this home is set in eternal spring (for those who haven't purchased seasons yet, anyway) there is a charming benchon which you can sit, cooled by the shade of the large cherry tree above you.

We decided that we needed guard animals for the entry way, but found the traditional options like griffins and dragons too scary and dangerous so we decided on penguins. These two footed waddle-y topiaries will do their best to protect your home from invaders and even got all dressed up for you! (Although we suggest you purchase a burglar alarm just in case.)

All of us at Girlie-Girl builders hope that you decide to make this charming pink and green paradise your own!

Edit: Forgot a word!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »
Micropolis, by Ausette

Lot Type: Residential, studio 1 ba
Lot Size: 10 x 10
Cost when placed on 10 x 10 lot: $14,615 ($8,973 unfurnished)
Contains Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, and Showtime content

Do you want the feel of the bustling city, but without the annoying neighbours? Never fear; Micropolis provides you with all the exposed brick and claustrophobia you could ever want! There’s even a TV, and an accessible rooftop where you can dance or play the instrument of your choice.

Can be downloaded on its main thread, here.

Many thanks to Darlene Bunch for modelling.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 11:40:03 PM »
The Titchy GnHome

Lot size: 10 x 10
Furnished price: £8,419
Unfurnished price: £3,729 (excluding cost of lot)
Bed spaces: 1
Expansions required: Late Night, Generations (patched to 1.50.56)
Store content: none

Could this compact, minimal house be your ideal, minimalistic starter home?

The design covers just 15 floor squares and comprises of an open plan living area with separate bathroom.

Decorated throughout in a minimalistic,  monochrome style; this bijou property boasts a streamlined, fully functional, fitted kitchen, a multi-function hygiene facility, a comfortable sleeping area and combi-dining/study/entertainment space, complete with the latest, state of the art laptop.  This could truly be your first home from home.

The outside area is neat and extremely low-maintenance with a feature, minimalistic zen garden, lovingly tended by what could be your own gnome from gn'home.

The minimalistic, monochrome interior design scheme with its white walls* is very inoffensive and restful, allowing you to add a splash of colour that will 'pop' to brighten both your room and your day.  You can further personalise the property by hanging your favourite painting, customising your bedding or perhaps adding a tasteful floor rug.

If you're looking for your first affordable home then please look no further than The Titchy GnHome: you'd be barking mad not to!

Download link in separate thread

STOP PRESS: Special Offer / March Only For your safety we will supply and fit a fully functiional fire alarm - please call us for details and costing

* white walls: Apologies for the colour failure in the picture. I'm not sure why the walls look so grey and the daffodil looks so brown and past its best.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 01:39:22 AM »
Building Contest 2013, #4
Extreme Minimalistic Starter

Name: Yellow Cross Starter
Lot Size: 10 x 15
Bedrooms and Bathrooms: Studio, 1 ba
Cost Furnished: $12,530
Cost Unfurnished: $10,835
EP and SPs: Ambitions, (Door) Generations, (Loft Bed, Dresser, Mirror) Pets, (Painting) Master Suite, (Windows) Showtime, (Windows) Seasons (Shower/Tub)

Yellow Cross Starter is the perfect house for any Sim ready to move into the rich area of Twinbrook, but into a small cheap house that still looks made for the area. Combining class with minimalism this starter was once owned by Lolly Racket, before she moved on to start her career in politics to boost her family’s name so they could-wait I’m babbling now. I’ll just show you the house.

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 04:48:44 AM »
World's Smallest House

Lot Size: 10x10
Cost furnished: §6,785
Cost unfurnished: §3,551

No store items or cc used

Supernatural    
Seasons    
Generations    
Showtime    
Late Night    
Ambitions

YES! There is a toilet. It's under the bed and works fine. I've tested the house for routing issues.

Download here.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 03:09:57 PM »
Caravan Starter
By Decima

Lot size: 10x10
Furnished price: 13,607
Unfurnished price: 6,630
Content used: World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, maybe Outdoor Living or townlife.
No Store or CC.

Fantastic caravan for the Sim just starting out! 1 bed, 1 bathroom. Large bay window for your sim to look out of while plotting their next great adventure.

Download from here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,14971.0.html

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »

Name: Comfy Cozy
Lot Type: Residential
Bed spaces: 1
Bathroom: 1
Lot Size: 10 x 10
Price: Furnished - §14,421 (unfurnished §9,031)
Floor spaces taken up: 18

Expansion and Stuff Packs used: World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, Master Suite. Note: You could probably get away with just Generations for the bed and dresser (I think the dresser is the only single square dresser in the catalog)
Download from this post.

So, you are heading to University but don't want to live in a dorm or share house, but you just can't afford one of those large houses. Twinsom Realty may have just the solution you need. Introducing the Comfy Cozy. This little cottage is ideal for the single Sim on a budget. It may be small, but space is the only sacrifice you will make. With sleeping facilities for 1, it also has a bathroom with shower, toilet and a dresser! That's right, there is even a dresser so yo don't have to be confined to just one outfit. In the living area, you will find an easy chair for watching TV (and it's not one of those cheap TV's that get very poor reception thus giving you a bad mood) or reading something from the bookcase. There is also a table and comfortable chair for eating at, of if you have a laptop, studying. On the wall behind the easy chair is a mirror to check your appearance and do your hair. The kitchen has all you need, a fridge, stove, sink and even a trash compactor (you don't want smells from an open garbage wafting into your living area)
The yard is kept simple for easy maintenance. There is a small vegetable garden out the back, so even when money is really tight, you will still be able to at least eat!

The front view.

The back view with garden.

Floorplan.

Looking from the kitchen, you can see the front door and the living area.

The compact kitchen (the sink is out of shot to the left)

Relax in the easy chair while you watch TV.

Looking from the kitchen, through the living area and to the bathroom.

The shower and dresser.

The other side of the bathroom with the toilet.

A night view.

Download from this post.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 04:56:03 AM »
This contest ends tonight! Make sure to get your entries in by 11:59pm your local time!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
The Study Shack
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 02:08:27 PM »
The Study Shack

Lot size: 10 x 10
Furnished price: § 8,825
Unfurnished price: § 5,282
Floor tiles used: 17
Expansions used: Base game, Supernatural, Pets, Generations, Showtime, World Adventures, Nightlife, Ambitions
Stuff packs used: Master Suite, Outdoor living
Store content: none

The Study shack combines the efficient living of student housing with a beach flair. With the exotic flower prints and bright colors the Study Shack will even make studying for final exams feel like a breeze.

The house lets you make ample use of outdoor as well as indoor living. Save some money buy growing your own food, invite your friends over for a bbq or just relax with a good book.

The desk has lots of room for a laptop and a stereo so that you can enjoy music while studying. (Unfortunately you can't work out with the stereo as long as it's standing on the table. How fortunate that it's portable and you can move it anywhere you want.)

In just 17 floortiles you have everything you need.

You can download it here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 03:15:27 PM »
Building Contest 2013-4, Minimalist Starter.
Name:  Don't Laugh It's Paid For...
By:  CynKuy

Lot Size: 10 X 10
Furnished: 8,728
Unfurnished: 6,234
1 Bedspace
20 Floor Tiles

Content: May include Base, Ambitions, World Adventures, Pets, Generations, Late Night,
Fast Lane, Supernatural, Seasons.

Description:

This home is designed to brighten the mood of any Sim just starting out. 
It has an Exhilirating Shower and the stove that makes it easy for a novice
to learn cooking skill. The loft bed has a computer nook below it with a radio
for entertainment.  Even the lights add to the environment.  Outside is a
pretty little flower garden with a flamingo for decoration and on the side yard
is a small vegetable and fruit garden.

Click images to enlarge:

Download here: 
Cynthia

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 04:35:09 AM »
Voting is now open! Please vote according to the Specifications and don't just vote for your favourite, make sure it earns your votes as well! Thank you so much to everyone who has entered - all 22 of you! ;D In advance you will know that some entries may get few or no votes, this is not a comment on your work it is simply the fact that the number of votes is limited and there are so many entries to choose from, so don't be disheartened if you receive few votes.  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 05:50:38 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 4 - Extreme Minimalistic Starter - February 24, 2013 - March 9, 2013
    Chuckles_82 and Decima!

Congratulations to Chuckles and Decima! You can download the winning entries here: Chuckles_82: Singular Efficiency and Decima: Caravan Starter.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks for voting everyone and well done to Chuckles in particular! It was so great to see to many entrants into this contest, I hope everyone enjoyed it and are spurred on to enter more often. I don't usually build small, so it was a challenge which I greatly enjoyed. Well done to everyone and good luck for your next builds! Decima "

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Wow! I was totally not expecting this! I guess I should not rely on the download counts of entries to gauge interest. There were so many entries, which was really exciting. Minimalist is one of my favourite styles. Thank you Thomas and Lilygirl for such an interesting contest, and to all the voters!"

Apologies for such a long delay in closing this off, a lot has been happening in school and work lives for all of us and combined with my freetime being stolen by a certain expansion pack I just got. These things have been neglected. However comments are now allowed and there are a lot of amazing entries to comment on! :D

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 06:24:54 PM »
Congratulations to both Chuckles and Decima. Wow, there were a lot of great entries, I had fun (well Betty Buildtest had fun) living in each one for a sim week, but it was hard to chose three to vote for.

I'm open to comments on my build.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »
Congratulations! May I say that it was so inspiring to see so many entries.

I had great fun in this contest. Small is hard for me, not to mention minimalism. I sometimes feel like the queen of clutter in these contests and even if I tried to hold myself back it was a struggle.

I'm open to comments on my build.

@Twinmum - You managed to pack so many things in yor 18 squares. I'm especially liked that you included a dresser. But I felt that the house had a cramped feel, kind of claustrophobic. I get that you were trying to save floor tiles, but I think you could have given the house a much roomier feel by just moving the door out one square, and 18 or 19 floor tiles doesn't really make that much difference.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 08:28:24 PM »
Congratulations Decima - your caravan idea was very creative. I just love how you made the outside so realistic. I think it was that piece of platform at one end on the roof with the vents that really helped it to look realistic. Inside the decor completely reminded me of an old-fashioned caravan. A very talented entry!