Author Topic: Four Immortal Sisters Challenge  (Read 156074 times)

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
Four Immortal Sisters Challenge
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Hey, guys! I'm new here, but I thought I would share my story/challenge with you all, since you seem like such a nice community of simmers. :) I hope you guys enjoy this weird challenege as much as I am!

Here's the rules of the original,   and here's the modified rules I am playing off of. I had to make a few changes based on having expansions released after the modified rules, but those will make themselves known as I play through with you all.

The basic premise of the challange is: You start with four sisters, each representing one of four elements (fire, water, air, earth). Each of the sisters is given certain traits which help them to fulfill a specific role in order to "improve the town" by having and raising a butt load of kids while eating ambrosia to stay young forever. Each sister is responsible for and limited to doing certain things. Additionally, there is a bunch of stuff per-child that has to be done.

In addition to the whole having kids thing, the lot itself has to fulfill specific requirements and each sister has their own section of the lot.

Objective: Have and raise at least 11 babies to young adult and move them out. There must be at least 4 girls born in this set, each representing an additional 4 elements. If you do not have 4 girls by 11, you must keep going until you have enough.

In regards to the elements you can choose, it's pretty much look to any culture or any mythology and choose some that speak to you. For example, Light, Dark, Stone, Metal, Spirit, Fear, Love, Chaos, etc. There are plenty of cultures and mythologies to choose them from. You can also have them be Fire, Water, Earth, Air in that they will be the next Sisters to order the earth as their mother and aunts have. But it's up to you. I believe I am going to choose Fear, Love, Chaos, Order/Peace for my challenge.

Pictures in the next post!

Also, if you guys know that you and others prefer this sort of thing to be on another blog and then posted here in chapters, let me know and I'll change it up!

Thanks again for stopping by!

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
Re: Four Immortal Sisters: My Experience!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »
The one-stop-shop for the story index. This will be updated whenever I post another chapter, so if you don't feel like looking through the whole thread, take a peek below.

The Rules for This Challenge

The Girls and Their Home

Index of Chapters
Chapter 1:
                Part I: The Immortal Beginnings
                Part II: The Scion of Insanity is Born
Chapter 2:
                Part I: The Raising of Roamie
                Part II: Fire Goddesses Come Second
Chapter 3:
                 Part I: The Fire Goddess and the Fireman
                 Part II: Heartbreak Hotel
Chapter 4:
                  Part I: If at First You Don't Succeed...
                  Part II: Try, Try Again
Chapter 5:
                  Part I: Creeps
                  Part II: Limited Love

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »
Meet my girls! All the traits are the traits they are supposed to have based on their main roles. A few of the are changed to fitting tratis, but traits released with newer expansion packs than the original rules.

Juno: Water, the child-rearer and nurturer.

Traits: neat, natural cook, handy, nurturing, perfectionist

Nihm: Earth, the harvester and the muscle

Traits: angler, green thumb, loves the outdoors, athletic, Eco-friendly

Winnie: Air, the font of knowledge

Traits: bookworm, genius, brooding, absent minded, loner

Arie: Fire, the seducer and Aphrodite of the girls

Traits: flirty, great kisser, charismatic, social butterfly, dislikes children

And this is their really involved lot. Each has their own section of the 40x40 lot.

Can you figure out which is which? :D

Air, raised into the sky and all flowy and stuff.

Earth, low to the ground and all full of nature.

Water, made to take care of them little chitlins.

Fire, you know, for entertaining those men.

Edited: Link 1 is fixed! Thanks, Tilia!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
I'll be following this!  Your lots look awesome.  I especially like the earth area.  One of your photos, the first one of the water section isn't displaying for me.  But good luck!

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:09:55 AM »
Thanks, Tilia! I actually have to post an updated picture of the lots next. My very first game with them got corrupted due to some jankiness with a custom world, so when I started again, I built Earth a greenhouse to deal with snow in the winter.

Louise56

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:16:28 AM »
This look really interesting, I'll be reading. The sisters are very beautiful. :)

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »
Chapter 1, Part I: The Immortal Beginnings

And the Saga begins!

So the very first thing that happened when I let these girls run loose was a mad dash to the digital fish window and then straight for the hot tub, where they all just sat and soaked for a while. I decided to let them have the relaxation time, because they were about to be very busy.

After some time just enjoying the summer rays and the sauna, I had the girls get to work. Nihm began her gardening, Juno started cooking meals for everyone, and Winnie stuck her nose right in a logic book. Before I could even get Arie to a community lot, Winnie had gained her first logic skill. WTH, girl? Anyway, so, my computer decided not to save the picture of Arie scouting out the goods at the local Library, but there were some rather attractive fellows. The enjoyable part of this town is that it's a custom town called Anne Arbor which I populated with NRAAS Story Progression. So it's a combination of random townies and my random bin sims mixed together, and mating and all that. So, not too many uglies. I'll make sure to post some pictures of the uglies when I find them.

Anyway, so Arie tried her hand at flirting with a stud in town named Roman Vesper. They hit it off right away and right when she was about to invite him over, the jerk decided to go to work. You frustrate me with your responsibilities, Mr. Vesper! Anyway, so Arie went home because she was all sorts of red in energy and hunger, and I had forgotten about the other girls so so were they. So I got them all fed and bathed and all, and then sent them to bed. When Arie woke up the next morning, she pulled out her phone to give Roman a little ring-a-ding. Good news, he didn't have anything better to do (Direct quote. Really, dude?) and stopped by in the most godawful overalls in the world.

Is that doesn't kill the mood, nothing will. And typical Arie decides to greet him in her PJs, aka underwear. Guess she's not risking letting him leave this time. Smart girl.

She lures him into the hot tub and he is all shades of thrilled about that. And after a bit, they stumble out of the hot water-- Arie gets dressed and Roman decides to stay in his... weird cargo shorts bathing suit, and Arie finally gets some pay off for all her hard work.

(I also would like to say this may be the first time in sim history that I have gotten to the point of make-out while the sims were "Good friends" and not "Romantic Interests.")

And bada bing, Arie throws out some of her famous love goddess moves and we have lift off.

And not only has Arie received what she wanted, I lost my mind when I heard the chimes right away. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am. Child Number 1 is on the way.

At this point, everyone's all hungry and junk, so I send them all to the kitchen. This is when I look over at the grassy area and see this nonsense going down:

The stride of pride and the most certifiable smile on Roman's face. Arie's all, thank god I'm pregnant because I would like you off my premises stat.

So this is when I start to notice my other girls. Nihm and Juno are getting pretty friendly. Nihm is always trying to talk about composting, so I'm surprised she hasn't scared anyone off yet. But she's still super adorable and that haircut is one of my favorites ever. Not everyone can pull it off though.

And while I was making sure Arie got her breakfast, I panned over and lost it when I saw this.

THERE'S A HANDPRINT, REALLY? I can't. Roman, you are so, so crazy. I hope your child is a little more stable. Though I feel kind of tempted to give him the insane trait when he's born. So at this point, I have Juno-- the mom of the house-- kick him out. Byyee, don't get your crazy everywhere on the way out.

Nihm's being all cute and watering her plants, making sure that the girls have food to eat and produce to sell. She's a productive member of the family and everyone should be very grateful to her. (She may be my favorite of the sisters. I seriously think it's just the haircut though.)

The next day, after a few boring hours of skill building with the sisters, we have this lovely moment:

Arie's starting to show, and she actually looks kind of happy about it, despite her extreme abhorrence of children. And all the vomiting she's been doing. I guess fire goddesses don't care about that stuff. Good on her, then, I guess.

Once Arie realizes she is officially pregnant, she is off to do two of her favorite things:

Painting,

And looking in the mirror.

It's at this point that Nihm decides to take a break from working out and take a dip in the hot tub.

She is seriously so adorable!

And Arie takes a break from admiring herself to join her sister.

The boobs on these girls is kind of unbelievable. I think I spent too much time with the endowments slider.

While those two sisters slack off, Winnie is hard at work being her academic little self and putting that logic skill on lock. When she is not eating or peeing, she is reading up on logic.

This is another haircut that I love. It really fits her as well.

The girls head to bed to rest up for the next day. They're doing a great job of staying on task. This is in no part thanks to me because I am obviously more interested in things like haircuts and hot tubs. This could prove to be problematic. Hmm.

To jump to Part II, click here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 11:27:50 AM »
Hilarious update.  The lot looks fantastic.  Can't wait to see the nooboo!

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed the story so far! I have some more from the original update, but I was so sleepy last night, I wasn't able to put everything on. So I'm going to finish that update now and end it with all the current stats on the girls.

Chapter 1, Part II: The Scion of Insanity

When we last left the girls, they had just gone to bed after a tiring day of skill building and baby building.

Juno begins her typical routine of cleaning the entire lot, and when I look over at her, she is making this stank face:

What up, girl?

Oh, Nihm's got stink lines? Well, she's been working out for a few hours now, apparently. Since like 4 am. Cut the girl some slack and drop the face, Juno. I know you like everything clean but Nihm gets down and dirty all the time.

Okay, so back to work! I guess, feeling self-conscious, Nihm heads in to take a bath. And then gets headed off by Arie who's all, "Touch my belly!" So Aunt Nihm gets all up in there and feels out the situation.

Arie's pose is all, yeah, you better feel my baby. You like feeling my baby. She is kind of a diva. Oh, I wish she could have that trait!

Speaking of the pregnant diva, she is totally over-dramatically walking. You are not that pregnant, Arie, and you are arched like you are carrying a whale. Knock it off.

I feel like I don't give Winnie enough camera time. She may read a lot and stay pretty quiet, but I still like her a lot! She's all wistful and shy. I bet it's pretty difficult for her with Arie bringing strangers around the lot.

Or maybe she wishes she was allowed to love someone, too. Winnie, you are too fragile for Arie's job. She's the only narcissistic sociopath that could have guys' babies and then foist them off on her sisters. So, stay strong and all that.

I guess my words of encouragement were useful, because the next day, I get the Hallelujah music and this message:

Winnie's the first of the sisters to max out a skill! Good girl!

And since Arie's no longer interesting when she's pregnant, I have been focusing on Nihm. I sent her off to the consignment shop to sell her fish and produce from her garden because my money has been slowly dropping. Doesn't help that my bills are like $1500 and no one is allowed to get jobs! Anyway, so right as Nihm pulls up, the girl closes shop for the day and just walks right out.

Noooo, we need money! You can see the girl walking away in the background of the door. GET BACK IN HERE.

So Nihm goes home all defeated, but luckily Juno had just put dinner on the counter, so the three sisters gather around the table for some noms.

Arie does not join them because the princess has better things to do.

You know, like have a child.

HERE WE GO! I am so pumped. Arie is wishing for a boy, so let's cross our fingers.

Congratulations, Arie! You have a beautiful baby boy named Roamie. (How clever am I mixing the names Roman and Arie? Hold your applause.) And she looks genuinely happy with him. Really sweet.

Oh, just kidding, she's bored already. Great. Well, atleast she brought him to the nursery on her own and didn't just leave him on the floor. I am assuming she probably wanted him out of her house so she could go back to being awesome.

So while all this is happening, something in the house finally breaks! That means Juno gets to work on her handiness skill!

And Juno is adorable in her jim jams and tall yellow socks. Get that handiness, girl.

And before the end of this update, I wanted to show you guys a close-up of the nursery. I was going to go with blue, but I wanted a more gender neutral color for the nursery, even if it was in the water house.

Thanks for stopping by to read my story! I hope you're enjoying it. My girls really like the audience. Especially Arie.

Skill Stats:

Arie:
Painting: 6
Mixology: 1
Charisma: 2
Piano: 3

Nihm
Athletic: 9
Fishing: 7
Gardening: 6

Juno
Cooking: 5
Handiness: 2

Winnie
Logic: 10
Inventing: 1

Roamie
Father: Roman

To jump to Chapter 2, click here.

Louise56

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »
Congrats on the nooboo! The nursery look amazing. :D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »
So, I browsed the rules a bit, and I'm not sure if there's a definite "end point" for this challenge.  Do you have one set for yourself? 

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 08:15:15 PM »
So, I browsed the rules a bit, and I'm not sure if there's a definite "end point" for this challenge.  Do you have one set for yourself?

Oh, yes! I thought I had talked about this but it looks like I haven't. I was planning on 12 kids from 12 different men grown up and moved out signifying the end of the challenge. If anyone else has a better/more interesting idea, I would love to hear it! So the Max points for this challenege would be 24 (1 for each child and then one more for each portrait made of them). Any duplicate kids from the same father don't count (except for twins), and any child that doesn't complete the life stages correctly don't count, though that would count as a fail, so I guess the game would be over then, haha.

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
Congrats on the nooboo! The nursery look amazing. :D

Thank you! I am pretty happy with how the nursery came out. A lot of the same color, but it's bright and childish, haha.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »
This story is really fun to read. It can't wait to see where this story goes!

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »
Chapter 2, Part I: The Raising of Roamie

So Juno takes over her role as surrogate momma and she is doing a much better job that Arie would have. Snuggling the baby on her own free will and all.

While Arie is walking around with like a 3 hour long negative buff about how much she hates children.

She decides to have grown-up time with Winnie instead.

"And so I just dropped the baby in the crib and got the heck out of there."

But it turns out that even though Winnie and Arie are actually surprisingly close, Winnie is frequently misunderstood by her wild sister. And so she had to go back up to her tower of a room and brood.

The next day, Arie steals Nihm's bike and rides off to the Fall Festival to meet some more guys. Even though she is sick. But she's too lonely and stir crazy to care about things like theft and illness.

Luckily for Arie, we've got a few guys hanging around. There was one in particular that caught her eye, and mine. He had some pretty interesting features, and Arie was all, our baby would be gorgeous. I WILL HAVE IT!

But, as luck would have it, Arie was able to get a few interactions in with him before he left for work. WHY DO MEN ALWAYS LEAVE ME? So we turned our focus on this gentleman who was as dull as a spoon.

Arie got bored pretty quickly with him, but also she was hungry and had to pee, so I sent her home. The rest of the lot were women, and that's not how babies work, so I figured it didn't really matter.

When Arie got home, I realized that I had allowed Baby Roamie to get hungry and dirty and just kind of miserable. Whoops. But I guess all the girls were suddenly like, Oh, we should do something about that. So they all bumrushed the little bugger.

"Get to the baby!"

But I guess they knew something I didn't because it was Roamie's birthday and it was time to Toddler up!

Look at that bubbie! He looks just like his momma.

Poor Juno is having a hard time staying happy while keeping up with one baby. Good thing Arie doesn't have another on the way yet.

And we're off to the races. No sleep for you, Juno. We have a baby to raise.

Meanwhile, Arie's still trying to get her boy, Dedric. And he is the most difficult to get a hold of ever! He never wants to go out or come over, or he's at work. And, so Arie decides to call him to chat. She is not pleased with this method.

And while she was on the phone with Dedric, THIS MAN JUST APPEARED.

Who ARE you and why how did you walk through the front gate, into the house, and up into Winnie's room? Turns out he's a Paparazzi. One of the people Arie talked to at the festival had caused her to become famous apparently. The worst.

Since Dedric was very difficult to get in contact with, I sent Arie out to try and find someone else. The bar right next to her house seemed to be jumped so I sent her in and... STOP. Dedric, seriously? He was right there.

Buuut, so was her current boyfriend, Roman. Just... hanging out making drinks. You can see him at the bar right there. Well, this was about to get awkward.

As if you all couldn't figure out just how good Arie is with timing, the bar called closing time and they were all kicked out. So Arie followed Dedric, thinking she'd just invite him over. She got outside and Dedric was NOwhere to be seen. Seriously? THIS GUY. But, not only was he not there, but Roman was just STARING at Arie. And she was like, oh... uh, hi.

She thought this was as good enough time as any to break up with him.

(Anyone else think it's weird that everytime sims break up it has to be a yelling match? I have never broken up with anyone in a yelling match.)

So, we'll leave this update here. Arie breaking ties with the insane father of her first child. Well, you know. That sounds like nothing to worry about.

To jump to Part II, click here.

anything