Author Topic: Darker Screen  (Read 6436 times)

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
Darker Screen
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »
Okay, I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem yet, but my screen gets darker whenever I exit out of it using the tab. Example: I'm expecting an email from one of my closest friends, and I'm playing the Sims 3 while I'm waiting. I then use alt-tab(or open launcher in the options menu) to go back to the desktop and I see I get the email. When I go back to the game, it looks fine for a few seconds, but then the screen darkens and won't go back to normal until I exit out and start it up again. Any ideas on why it does this or how to fix it?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Darker Screen
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:50:05 PM »
If you find yourself alt-tabbing from the game a lot, I would suggest playing in windowed mode but have the screen be full size.   You can do this quickly while in game by using Alt+Enter.   

At this point, I always play windowed because my loading and lag seem to be much less.  Plus this is the only way you can take print screens for the game. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 01:28:56 PM »
What helped me with this was changing the resolution the game ran in to match the native resolution of my  monitor. You might have to turn down other graphics options if you do this, though.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 01:49:43 PM »
My game always does this, ever since I started playing a couple of years ago. I couldn't find a way to fix it though, so I just learnt to not exit out of the game.

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 01:52:38 PM »
Alright, I think I'm just going to have to do the windows trick. Thank you Ricalynn. Oh and love the name amyrose. I wanted to do that, but then my friends would tease me to no end. So I chose my name instead.

anything