Author Topic: Fish Library - Fishing Spot  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
Fish Library - Fishing Spot
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »
Fish Library - Fishing Spot
Lot Size:  30x30
Cost:  $17,230
Content Used:  All expansions. 
Description:  This very basic lot offers one fish type in each fishing hole, arranged alphabetically (except for the deathfish, which is located front and center).  In walls down mode the lot is flat for fast and easy clicking.  If the upload works as planned, there should be a mounted fish on every wall to help locate the fish you're after quickly.  And you should be able to shuffle the unique spawners around to re-order the fishies as you please!

As always, this build can freely be used in stories, projects, and other works.  Feel free to use this lot as the basis for something more elaborate, be it fishing hole or fisherman's home.  If you do make something nifty with it, I'd love to see the pictures!

Chuckles_82

Re: Fish Library - Fishing Spot
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »
This is awesome! I made something similar, but never got around to tidying up for upload, and then lost it.

You have left some spawners on the front of the lot - 2 over the top of each other either side of the deathfish, and then 6 more double-ups in a row in front. Are these just from moving the lot around? Can I delete those ones? I can't tell what fish they are.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »
Delete away!  Are the spawners floating above the water, or are they doubled up in the water?  I don't recall having to rotate the lot, but it's been a while and it is possible that happened at some point in the building process. 

Next time I fire up the game I'll drop the lot down and see what bags o'fish are showing up where.  It's not the first time spawners have misbehaved on me, with their capricious doubling and whimsical spawn habits. 

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 11:28:21 PM »
Floating above it, I guess. The double-up extra ones are all on non-water areas though, with no wall-labels.

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »
The extra spawners have been removed from the lot and there shouldn't be any extra bags of fish lying around any more.  I can't guarantee which way the lot will face when first placed, so if anyone rotates it keep in mind the spawners will double with each rotation (nothing I can do about that).  Hopefully the fish library will work swimmingly for everyone now.   ;)

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:00:13 AM »
Just found this ! Thank-you.Downloaded and ready to play ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 03:23:46 PM »
I featured this Lot on our Twitter and a certain @TheSims3 retweeted the tweet! So now your Lot has been technically tweeted by the official @TheSims3 ! :D Quite a few people think this lot is something special! Great work Vinyl!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 03:58:17 PM »
 :o !!!

Wow, that's so unexpected.  I'm honestly shocked by that!  Pleased, of course, but knock me over with a feather surprised.  :D  Thanks!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
:o !!!

Wow, that's so unexpected.  I'm honestly shocked by that!  Pleased, of course, but knock me over with a feather surprised.  :D  Thanks!

You're welcome! :) Glad to see such a great response from the tweet!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]