Author Topic: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14  (Read 390372 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »
Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: Stats and Chapter Links

This story is a continuation of Samura's Dojo Dynasty, a completed Immortal Dynasty story about Samura and her prolific and colorful family. As if taking over one town wasn't enough, the Dojos are back to do it again! This time, follow Gwenyth through the mean streets of Bridgeport as she attempts to pass Grim's test in order to be reunited with her long-deceased spouse, Carmen.

Family Tree:
Getting lost trying to keep track, or just curious? Check it out to see how all the Dojos are related!

Swap Shop:
Want a Dojo of your very own? Please remember to comply with the forum rule about using other peoples' characters in a story and ask permission first. Thanks, and enjoy!

Chapter Links:

Previously, On Samura's Dojo Dyansty . . .
A Rough Landing
New Beginnings
Other-Worldly Encounters
Stress Eating
Winter Magic
Surprisingly Quiet
A Second Wedding
And Another on the Way
Traditions
Full Heart
For the Love of Fire
The Daredevil Dojo Dynasty
I Dream of Genie
A Lonely Day
Then It's Settled
Immortal Again
Perceptive
Party at Dardevil Cove
Sinjon's Daughter
Some Things in Life
The Time Paradox
Exciting Enough
Eggs
Youthful Indiscretions
Snow Day Disaster
Back to Normal
Getting into Trouble
Stress and Happiness
Always
Golden Days
After-Party
Off to Party Town
Writing Home: Vera
Writing Home: Giles
Exposed
Clarity
The Plunge
Lovebirds
Wedding Day
Nooboo Fever
Births
The Most Hilariously Mis-matched Werewolf. Ever.
Perfection
Betrayal
Decisions
The Protest
Science
Romantic at Heart
Childhood
Apples: Part I
Apples: Part II
Stall Tactics
Distractions
Changes
Devon the Disciplined
A Warm Welcome
Werewolves, Vampires, and Parties: Oh my!
Sweet or Spicy?
No Regrets
Nooboo Time
Mad House
Bad Dog
Shiny
Bright, Sunny Girl
Loss
Golden Girl
A Wife Well-Chosen
Eye-Opener
Aspirations
Everything's Fine
Growing Up
Entrapment
Two Can Play
Luxury of Love
True Love
Good Night
Growing Up and Getting Old
The Next-Gen Scientist
Time to Vote
Three Little Words
Engineering a Bride
Now or Never
Love Blossoms
Winter's Passing
Spring Wedding
The Black Cat
The Promise
Separate Interests
Bride of Frankenstein's Monster
Strange Attraction
Awkward
Prom Night Magic
Strange
Revelation
Fun and Games
Marriage, Death, and Life
Thief of Innocence
The Fringe
Adorable
Supernatural Encounters
The Second Coming
The Namesake
Future-Tech
Bouncing Off the Walls
Fetch
Future Tidings
Ephemeral
Return
The Final Countdown: 8.0
The Final Countdown: 7.5
The Final Countdown: 7.0
The Final Countdown: 6.0
The Final Countdown: 5.0
The Final Countdown: 4.0
The Final Countdown: 3.5
The Final Countdown: 3.0
The Final Countdown: 2.0
The Final Countdown: 1.0
Epilogue: Part One
Epilogue: Part Two

Generation One:

Gwenyth Dojo

Traits: Daredevil, Loves the Outdoors, Eccentric, Handy, Green Thumb, Brave (nerd social influence)

Supermax: Gardening
Career: Fire Fighter
LTW: Living in the Lap of Luxury
LTRs: Fireproof Homestead, Super Green Thumb, No Bills Ever
Black Ops: Extra Appendages are Fun, Great Greens, Uncommonly Good, Fishing For Suits, Outstanding Tasting Ingredients, Celebrity Body
BFFs: Vera Dojo, Giles Dojo, Romeo Rake, Evan Dojo, Ariel Martell, Jeffrey Cook
Property: Smuggler's Cove (now Daredevil Cove)
Building: Mike's Cornerstore (now Gwenyth's Grocery)
Portraits, Sculptures, and Photographs for all life stages: Complete

Generation Two:

Vera Dojo

Traits: Daredevil, Loves the Outdoors, Artistic, Rebellious, Avant-Garde (nerd social influence), Savvy Sculptor

Supermax: Sculpting
Career: Sculpting
LTW: Perfect Student
LTRs: Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative, Climation Control Unit
Black Ops: Research Project, Stinky Bugs, Create Concepts, Commissioned Street Art, Help the School, Ear Drumming
BFFs: Maebe Chique, William Dojo, Felicia Chique, Adam Slayer, Asa Slayer, Ricky Chique
Property: Buena Vista Resort
Building: Hogan's Deep Fried Diner
Portraits, Sculptures, and Photographs for all life stages: Complete

Generation Three:

Devon Dojo

Traits: Daredevil, Loves the Outdoors, Brave, Disciplined, Virtuoso, Natural Born Performer (nerd social influence)

Supermax: Martial Arts
Career: Music (rock)
LTW: Martial Arts Master
LTRs: ExtraordinAIRE-Inator, The Next Big Thing, Body Sculptor
Black Ops: Work/School Learning Project, Outside Reading, Filing the Application, A Skilled Guitarist, Muscle Showdown, Becomoing a Legend
BFFs: Jessica Talon, Seth Burrel, Alexis Holloway, Garth Stahl, Timothy Hemlock, Teddy Striker
Building: East Tradwin's Shipping Co.
Property: Boggard Overlook
Portraits and Sculptures for all life stages: Complete

Generation Four:

Marissa Dojo

Traits: Daredevil, Excitable, Friendly, Social Butterfly, Diva, Snob (jock social influence)

Supermax: Mixology
Career: Politics
LTW: Leader of the Free World
LTRs: Better Mixologist, Festival Frequenter, Complimentary Entertainment
Black Ops: Young Politician's Club Introduction, A New Mix, Policing the Paper Trail, New Blood New Drinks, Drink Promotion, The Business of Documentation
BFFs: Kirby Wise, Tracey Flood, Marisela Slayer, Linda Perry, Wanda Hemlock, Kai Leiko
Building: Movie Cinneplex
Property: The Butterfly Esplanade
Portraits and Sculptures for all Life Stages: Complete

Generation Five:

Jaden Dojo

Traits: Daredevil, Loner, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Never Nude, Genius (nerd social influence)

Supermax: Science
Career: Ghost Hunter
LTW: Paranormal Profiteer
LTRs: All Weather Champion, Discount Diner, The Hustler
Black Ops: Help Investigation, Business Model, Scare the Crooks, Spirit Donation, Authorized Biography, Spooky Props
BFFs: Weston Dojo, Cortney DeLong, Devon Dojo, Jonah York, Gabrielle Slayer, Casandra Archuleta
Property: Waylon's Haunt
Building: Wikki's Fabulous Book and Bath
Portraits and Sculptures for all life stages: Complete

Generation Six:

Weston Dojo

Traits: Daredevil, Friendly, Brooding, Equestrian, Loves the Outdoors, Bookworm (jock social influence)

Supermax: Writing
Career: Self-Employed Writer
LTW: Swimming in Cash
LTRs: Acclaimed Author, Competitive Eater, Simmunity
Black Ops: Make-a-Dream, Broadway Cameo, Best Food in Town, Tearing Up the Dance Floor, Surprise Cameo, The Case of Gnome Footsey
BFFs: Patches Slayer, Nora Talon, Cedrick Chique, Hilary Chique, Kirby Chique, Samiel Peacock
Building: Plumbob Pictures Backlot
Property: The Aquarius

Generation Seven:

Rhaven Dojo

Traits: Daredevil, Loves the Cold, Friendly, Supernatural Fan, Bot Fan, Party Animal (rebel social influence)

Supermax: Alchemy
Career: Criminal (Thief)
LTW: Alchemy Artisan
LTRs: Master of Seduction, Trait Chip Bundle, Philosopher's Stone
Black Ops: Pile of Permission Slips, After School Employment, Wallets Up For Grabs, Labeling Things, Oh and Bring Gifts, Hospital Delivery
BFFs: Patricia Baren, Brittney Mace, Carly Dozier, Deshaun Currier, Sheree Chestain, Samura Talon
Building: Landgraab Marine Science Facility
Property: AJV Wellness Center

Generation Eight:

Samura Dojo

Traits: Daredevil, Genius, Bot Fan, Unstable, Handy, Flirty (rebel social influence)

Supermax: Advanced Technology
Career: Astronomer, Astrophysicist branch
LTW: High Tech Collector
LTRs: Future Sim, Portal Immunity, Hover Bed
Black Ops: Scavenger Hunt. Rare Elements, The Boiler Room, Captain Bandsaw, The Writing Club, After School Award Ceremony, Welcome to the Future, Meet the Plumbots
BFFs: Ifran Talon, Janine Talon, Kelley Cope, Kendell Perry, Auden Dunes, Colby Texas
Property: Banzai Lounge
Building: Lama Co Stadium
Portraits and Sculptures for All Life Stages: Complete

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 3/8/13
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »

Previously, on Samura's Dojo Dynasty . . .

Rhoxi eats her first ambrosia, becoming the eighth immortal and completing the challenge.

Her wedding day also serves as a reunion for the prolific Dojo clan.

Samura uses her witchy powers to resurrect a couple of dynasty spouses and reunite them with their loves.

Gage is happily reunited with his wife Marivell, while Darcy is reunited with his wife Doreen.

Samura's powers, however, are not great enough to release Grim's hold over beloved dynasty spouse Carmen.

Grim avows to release Carmen only for true love--which, since Gwenyth betrayed Carmen during their marraige--is something Grim is convinced Gwenyth is lacking.

In order to prove her devotion and regain her lover, Gwenyth agrees to submit to Grim's test: founding her own immortal dynasty.

With only moments left to live, Samura teleports Gwenyth away to begin her new life as a dynasty founder.

Confident that it is her time, Samura willingly takes Grim's hand.

Samura's Dojo Dynasty comes to an end, but Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty is only just beginning.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline honeylamb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:51:02 PM »
Oooo!! This looks incredible! Gweneth should get Carmen back, I'm excited to see how this progresses!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 10:56:12 PM »
Yay, the Dojos are back! Out of curiosity, why are you doing another Immortal Dynasty instead of, say, a Life States? Are you going for a better museum score or some such thing?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 11:21:34 PM »
YAY! The Dojo's are back! ;D And with more rainbow-y-ness then ever!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 11:26:09 PM »
Yeah more Dojo's! I'm also surprised it's another immortal dynasty, but hey way to go for tackling Bridgeport. I'm sure you've got it all planned out.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »

Oooo!! This looks incredible! Gweneth should get Carmen back, I'm excited to see how this progresses!

Well, that's the whole point. Let's get those love birds reunited!

Yay, the Dojos are back! Out of curiosity, why are you doing another Immortal Dynasty instead of, say, a Life States? Are you going for a better museum score or some such thing?

I just had too much fun with the immortal dynasty challenge and wasn't ready to say goodbye. Plus, I wanted to be able to pick traits and skills to keep a theme going and see the new University content. And no, not really going for a high museum score this time around either.

YAY! The Dojo's are back! ;D And with more rainbow-y-ness then ever!

Let's hope so! More Dojos and more colors sounds like fun to me.

Yeah more Dojo's! I'm also surprised it's another immortal dynasty, but hey way to go for tackling Bridgeport. I'm sure you've got it all planned out.

Bridgeport is my favorite town to play, so I'm hoping it holds up well and doesn't bug out. Still working on the planning, actually! There's a lot of new skills and careers I want to try this time around.

A Rough Landing

Samura's spell transforms Gwenyth and teleports her to a whole new town.

The landing is a little rough. After all, it's not every day a sim gets shunted through the CAS bin for a fresh start!

Gwenyth picks herself up, feeling a little, well, a lot less skillful, but otherwise much the same as usual.

Gwenyth: "Bridgeport, huh? Well, I'll give you credit for that, mom," she mutters under her breath. "At least you sent me some place cool."

Then the memory of it hits her, suddenly.

Her mother . . .

Oh, right. She doesn't have a mother anymore. The confusion is almost enough to knock her off her feet again.

Gwenyth: "Why? Why would she . . . "

Gwenyth?

Gwenyth: "And what are these strange markings all over my arm?"

Then another memory, a final embrace from her mother.

"With this final embrace--I impart to you, a portion of my witchitude."

A portion of my witch powers, remember?

Gwenyth struggles to clear the fog from her mind. Is she hearing things? Maybe she's just tired.

Gwenyth? Gwenyth, can you hear me?

Gwenyth: "Well, at least I'm a witch now, even if part of my sanity is going."

She can almost feel the audible sigh.

Yes, my witchitude. It's like I was just saying. Can you hear me?

Wait a minute.

Gwenyth: "Mom? Is that . . . you?"

Samura: Yes, dear.

Gwenyth: "I don't understand. We're immortals. At least, I was. And so were you! Why would you just let yourself die like that?"

Samura: You know the rules just as well as I do, daughter. There can only be one founder. I figured, if I couldn't come with you in body well, . . . You didn't think I'd let my only daughter take on a challenge like this all alone, did you?

Gwenyth: "You really mean that, mom!? You're going to be here with me the whole way?"

Samura: Of course! Now you know you'd best go ahead and get started. There's so much to get done in the early days.

Gwenyth: "This is great! I figure, I'm in Bridgeport, party central! I should do something awesome--like mixology, or be a movie star, or maybe try out that cool new street art!"

Samura: Whatever is this nonsense! You're a dynasty founder, Gwenyth, we can't have you squandering these important days with something fun and frivolous. You'll do gardening. After all, you've dropped your Computer Whiz trait for Green Thumb.

Gwenyth: "Gardening?! How lame is that!"

Samura: Well, it's what you're going to do!

Then it hit her. Her mom. Backseat dynasty controller. All the motherly advise she'd already had way too much of after seven generations.

Gwenyth: "Great. You're going to be here with me the whole way, aren't you?"

She could hear the smugness. Literally, hear it.

Samura: Well, of course, dear. That's what mothers are for.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 11:44:48 PM »
Haha. This is funny. Can't wait for more.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 11:46:51 PM »
I'd almost forgotten how pretty Gwenyth is! I feel sorry for her, to be supermaxing gardening--it's not exactly my favorite skill, either! Good luck with a dynasty in Bridgeport! Now that I think about it, it's going to be hard to let go of the Immortal Dynasty challenge . . . good thing I've still got a-ways to go!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 12:11:40 AM »
Yay!  So glad to see them back.  So if my memory serves, Carmen flipped on Gwenyth for cheating for no reason, right?  Or did she actually betray him and I've just forgotten?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 03:05:11 AM »
Gwyneth looks so cool! I like her new witch look. I love how the screenshots match up her facial expressions with what she's thinking. Hahah so hilarious, great start I love it.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:32 AM »
I'm a big fan of those markings on her. I love how Samura's sticking around to "help" Gwenyth. Very funny, and a fabulous start to your Dynasty!  ;D

Anna33

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »
Gwenyth does not look amused with her mother, but at least her outfit looks cool. :D

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 01:20:12 AM »
I like how Samura's taking the spiritual adviser role in this story, which is kind of funny, because my biggest pet peeve in Immortal Dynasty stories is when the Watcher/Player becomes their own character as the "Voice in the Sky" and continuously talks to the characters in the story, especially when they mostly just bicker or crack wise. However, in this, Samura makes complete sense, because there's a legitimate reason for why she's there, and she seems more like an overbearing but well-meaning and wise grandmother than anything else, and she's doing it out of love and really wants Gwenyth to succeed, which is really deep. Just promise me you'll round out the other characters just as much? Please? With sprinkles on top?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 11:02:03 PM »

Haha. This is funny. Can't wait for more.

Thanks!

I'd almost forgotten how pretty Gwenyth is! I feel sorry for her, to be supermaxing gardening--it's not exactly my favorite skill, either! Good luck with a dynasty in Bridgeport! Now that I think about it, it's going to be hard to let go of the Immortal Dynasty challenge . . . good thing I've still got a-ways to go!

I actually enjoy the gardening skill in the Sims, but yeah, it's not as exciting a skill as Gwenyth would like. I wanted to have her do Inventing again, but apparently that supermax is bugged in Bridgeport!

Yay!  So glad to see them back.  So if my memory serves, Carmen flipped on Gwenyth for cheating for no reason, right?  Or did she actually betray him and I've just forgotten?

Well, it was kinda my bad. I had her ask another girl to spend the night. It was technically under the romantic social branch, but for some reason I thought it was like Ask Sign or Ask if Single, where it doesn't seem to actually count as a romantic social. I was wrong. It was weird though, because Shawnya flirted all the time and never "betrayed" Percival; maybe because it was autonomous?

Gwyneth looks so cool! I like her new witch look. I love how the screenshots match up her facial expressions with what she's thinking. Hahah so hilarious, great start I love it.

Thanks! I actually did that in a separate save file and gave her the dramatic and insane traits to make her pass out and talk to herself. It turned out surprisingly well, I think.

I'm a big fan of those markings on her. I love how Samura's sticking around to "help" Gwenyth. Very funny, and a fabulous start to your Dynasty!  ;D

Thanks! And I love the markings, too. Gwenyth totally seems like the sort that would have a tatoo, and now she can!

Gwenyth does not look amused with her mother, but at least her outfit looks cool. :D

I have no idea why she made that frown, but it's hilarious! Sometimes sims feed you just the right expression.

I like how Samura's taking the spiritual adviser role in this story, which is kind of funny, because my biggest pet peeve in Immortal Dynasty stories is when the Watcher/Player becomes their own character as the "Voice in the Sky" and continuously talks to the characters in the story, especially when they mostly just bicker or crack wise. However, in this, Samura makes complete sense, because there's a legitimate reason for why she's there, and she seems more like an overbearing but well-meaning and wise grandmother than anything else, and she's doing it out of love and really wants Gwenyth to succeed, which is really deep. Just promise me you'll round out the other characters just as much? Please? With sprinkles on top?

I actually enjoy the "voice in the sky" format; it works really well for some more comedic storytelling styles. If it's any relief, though, that's not what I have in mind for this story. Only Gwenyth will be able to hear Samura. There's something about that mother-daughter bond that made the idea appealing to me, exploring both the sentimental side of the mother who would give her own life to watch after her daughter, but also the comedy of having to live yet another immortal life span together. I actually want to do more with the characters this time, not less. I feel like I'm starting to get my "story-telling legs" back, plus I've already got several characters with extensive back stories to work with.

New Beginnings

After so many years as an elder, Gwenyth couldn't deny that it felt fabulous to be young again.

Plus, the view from her new lot was spectacular.

It was so different from the sleepy atmosphere of Moonlight Falls where she'd lived for the last seven generations. So vast, and gritty, and . . .

Gwenyth: "It's so lonely. The city could just swallow me up and no one would ever notice."

Samura: Then you'd best find some friends to help you; I know I did.

Gwenyth: "I'm glad you did, or else I would never have had Carmen."

Samura: We'll get him back, daughter.

So Gwenyth hopped on her broom to head into the heart of the city.

She knew just who she was looking for, too. After all, that shiny red car in the driveway made him a dead ringer for a dynasty helper.

Gwenyth: "The poor soul, he has no idea what he's about to get himself into."

Samura: Just tell him to keep a look out for meteors. I've still never forgiven myself for poor Annalove's death.

Gwenyth: "Hello, Romeo Rake. I'm Gwenyth. Gwenyth Dojo. Look, I know you've got this fabulously luxurious apartment, but what would you say to a far more exciting prospect?"

Romeo: "I always enjoy a good adventure. I'm going to be a secret agent, you know. What did you have in mind?"

Gwenyth: "Well, I can tell you this: if you join this household . . . you can never, ever leave! Mwuahahaha!"

Romeo: *gasp!*

Gwenyth: "So, what do you think. Are you in?"

Romeo: "I'm in!"

Gwenyth: "Awesome. Now let's sell that sports car and build a house ASAP. It's already raining; the puddles will make house building difficult if we don't do this now."

Romeo: "Whaaat? Aw, my car? Not my car!"

Romeo: "Bessieeeee!!"