Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Alex - The Bento Box
13 (13%)
Ladbug53 - The Sectional
5 (5%)
Vinyl - The Fairy Bungalow
20 (20%)
Snufflesxx - Bonehilda's Living Quarters
4 (4%)
RaiaDraconis - Box Tree Oasis
9 (9%)
Gheez - Hamster House
4 (4%)
Gogowars329 - The Diving Board
3 (3%)
saltpastillen - Chateau de Toy Box
22 (22%)
Rhapsody2312 -The HotHouse
6 (6%)
Decima - There's no Place like Gnome!
14 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: March 29, 2013, 07:21:59 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 5 - Larger than Life  (Read 9077 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest 2013: 5 - Larger than Life
« on: March 09, 2013, 05:10:34 AM »

Building Contests 2013: 5 - Larger than Life

The Task:
Pick an object - any object from the game. This is your chosen object, be it an appliance, a piece of plumbing or even a chair. Your chosen object is your task, except you have to supersize it and make it a home! How big can you go? How extreme will your larger than life object become?

Entry Specifications:
  • Lot Type: Residential
  • Lot Size: Any
  • Budget: $110,000
  • Content Restrictions: There are no additional content restrictions.
  • Number of Bed Spaces: Minimum of 4
  • Other Specifications:
    • Must look like the original item.
    • Your chosen object must be on the lot somewhere.
    • There must be a picture with the original object in.
  • Optional Specifications:
    • Theme the interior as you did the exterior.

Contest Start Date: Sunday, 10th March - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Saturday, 23rd March - 11:59pm

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

Only post in this thread if you are posting an entry or you are asking a question, we would prefer however if questions were PMed to us. If you have any questions please PM the Contest Team: samoht04, Lilygirl and Ausette. Ensure all receive your question to ensure it gets answered as quickly as possible.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: Building Contest 2013: 5 - Larger than Life
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »
The Bento Box

Lot size: 25 x 50
Furnished price: 101,965
Unfurnished price: 65,211
Bed spaces: 4 (2 single, 2 double)
Expansions required: Generations, World Adventures, Seasons, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, Showtime
Stuff packs required: HELS, Outdoor Living, Master Suite, possibly Fast Lane
Store content: none

The exterior of this house is modelled on the Bento box from Generations, although as it largely consists of floor tiles and bits of wall, consumption is not advised. The Japanese-inspired interior features two large bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room/study and two bathrooms.  The master suite has a built-in closet and en suite with hot tub, while the children’s bedroom has an en suite and toys. The living room contains a television, computer, easel and chess set, with space for other entertainment and skill objects as required.

Download link

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »
The Sectional
by ladybug53

Lot Size : 30x30
Cost Furnished : 70,684
Cost Unfurnished : 35,966

Expansions Used : Ambitions - Supernatural - Late Night - University Life - World Adventure .
Stuff Packs Used : 70s 80s & 90s - Outdoor Living .
Free Stuff From the Store : New Years Nectar - Here

The sectional from the 70s 80s & 90s was used for this contest and was built larger than life . This house contains two bedrooms and sleeps four . It also has a kitchen , living room and a 4pc bathroom . Outside you will find a hot tub , fountain , fire pit which is under the large table , swing set , sitting area plus an easel for the painter .

Link to Download : The Sectional
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 03:40:49 PM »
Fairy Bungalow
Lot Size: 30x30
Lot Value: $42,012
Content Used: All Expansions
Number of Bed Spaces: 4 plus a fairy bungalow
Description:  Since ages long forgotten sims have gazed wistfully upon the rocking fairy house party and wished they could join the revelry.  Now they can!  This fairy house accommodates sims of all shapes and sizes.  It includes everything a fairy party needs, from the pollen punch dispenser to the super loud sound system.  The fairies even added a little kitchenette for regular sims, so they can eat something less sweet than the treats from the candy machine.  After dancing away the dawn, the upstairs offers a comfortable place to rest in the glow of artificial moonlight.  Follow the enchanted garden path to join the fun today!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 07:12:19 AM »
Bonehilda's Living Quarters

Lot Size : 50 x 50
Furnished value : 104,982
Unfurnished value : 61,160
Content : Supernatural, Seasons, Late Night, World Adventures, Pets & Generations
Bed spaces : 4
Bathroom(s) : 1

No custom content or store content used

Tired of cleaning and cooking and scaring children with the sight of your face? Well retire in style, Bonehilda! This is your very own super-sized coffin, with four floors and everything you could need!

** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 02:33:44 PM »
Box Tree Oasis

Lot Size: 30 x 20
Unfurnished: §38,402
Furnished: §59,559
Bed Spaces: 4 (Double and two singles)
Bathrooms: 2 full
EPs Used: World Adventures, Pets, Generations
SPs Used: Town Life Stuff
No Store Content Used.

The unassuming little box tree. No frills, just a little tree in a stone box. It reminded me of a gnarled old scrub oak that I once saw growing out of a rock in the middle of the desert. I took that idea and ran with it...

Welcome to the Box Tree Oasis, a sandy getaway for the adventurous sim! This 2 br., 2 ba. Abode invokes memories of Al Simhara. The hieroglyphs! The columns! The sand blowing in your hair!

Why yes, there is a tree growing on the roof.

The ground floor is relatively basic, just a sitting area, kitchen, dining area, and bath.

The top floor holds the luxuriously large master suite and its private bath.

(Close-up view showing the ever-present box tree.)

The basement holds the entertainment room and a guest room/office...and a few other relics from various adventures.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »
Hamster House

Lot size: 30 x 30
Catalog price: £97,996
Price (including cost of lot): £99,796 / Unfurnished price: £49,906
Accomodation: 4.5 beds, 2.5 baths, 2 reception, kitchen.
Expansions required: Pets, Generations, Late Night, ShowTime, Supernatural, World Adventures, Ambitions (patched to 1.50.56)
Store content: Atomic Age Pets Registration Gift - Free

Are you feeling like you're stuck in the 'rat race'? Instead of dwelling on the nightmare, live the dream in this large, stylish home, inspired by the Rodent Terrarium.

Living accomodation is spread over three storeys.  Ground floor: kitchen/laundry, study, lounge/diner, cloakroom and open air terrace, complete with bar.  Second storey: four bedrooms (one with en suite) and family bathroom.  Top floor: games room/gym/family room, rodent terrarium and roof terrace.  The low maintenance grounds have been mostly laid to grass, with a gravelled area by the main entrance that is suitable for conversion into a carport.

Decorated throughout in dramatic blacks and restful blues; this spacious house has plenty of scope for personalisation and room for all your household effects and family heirlooms. It will be so easy to turn the Hamster House into your perfect, new home.

[

Link to download:  Hamster House

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 03:30:47 AM »
Building Contest 2013, #5
Larger than Life

Name: The Diving Board
Lot Size: 30 x 40
Bedrooms and Bathrooms: 2 br, 2 ba
Cost Furnished: $98,125
 Cost Unfurnished: $63,723
EP and SPs: High End Loft, (Painting) Ambitions, (Dressers, Lights) Late Night, (Couches, Chairs, Plants) Generations, (Spiral Stairs, Stereo) Pets, (Sinks) Master Suite, (Mirrors, Plants) Showtime, (Plants, Pull Up Bar) Seasons, (Lights, Décor, Showers, Table) 70’s, 80’s and 90’s (Sectional) University Life (Couches, Chair, Posters, Stereo, TV)

The Diving Board is made for an Olympic swimmer and his family. Boasting a large lap pool, complete with diving board, two large bedrooms, a gym and a luxurious kitchen, this house is also perfect for Sims who aren’t Olympians.

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »
Chateau de Toy Box

Lot size: 30x30
Furnished price: §109,795
Unfurnished price: §52,973
Bed spaces: 7 (1 double, 4 single, 1 crib)
Bathrooms: 2 full ensuit, 1 powder room and 1 shower/laundry room
Expansions required: Supernatural, LN, WA, Seasons, Pets, Showtime, Generations, University, Ambitions
Stuff packs required: Town Life, Outdoor living
Store content: None

Have you ever wondered why toddlers spend so much time hiding in the toy box? Ever wanted to join your toddler in there? Here's your chance.

Inside Chateau de Toy Box the inside of every toy box is revealed. The top floor has: 1 master bedroom with en suit, a large children's room with 2 bunk beds and attached nursery with en suit. The ground floor has: a large open plan kitchen/dining/living room, 1 powder room, a laundry/shower room and even your own gym. Outside there is a pool and a bbq area and of course lots and lots of play equipment. The gardens are overflow with purple flowers, just like the original toy box!

You can download it here

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »
The HotHouse

Lot size: 40x40
Furnished price: §100218
Unfurnished price: §62594
Bed spaces: 4 (1 Double, 1 Bunkbed)
Bathrooms: 1 Master/Guest Bath
Expansions required: Supernatural, LN, Seasons, Pets, Generations, University
Stuff packs required: None
Store content: None

The perfect bachelor's pad, the HotHouse is modelled after the Uniformity Hot Tub. Impress your single friends with a house that caters to your every need.

Simple, modern decor and sleek sophistication dominate while the low-maintenance gardens enhance the relaxed feel of every bachelor's dream.

Features include a rooftop swimming pool, a top-of-the-line kitchen with bar, master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, your very own Uniformity Hot Tub, a fire pit and barbeque, and for those uninvited overnight guests, a spare 'room' with a bunk bed. The 'whirlpool' pond is perfect for aspiring anglers!

Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »
There's no Place like Gnome!
By Decima

Lot size: 30x30
Suggested placement: 250 Cotton branch drive, Riverview (but anywhere will do...)
Bedrooms: 2  (4 bedspaces)
Bathrooms: 1
Furnished price on lot: 80,982
Unfurnished price on lot: 34,767
Content possibly used: WA, AMB, GEN, PETS, Outdoor living, townlife.
No store or CC.

There's no place like home inside this giant gnome! This unusual themed house comes with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and plenty of living space for skills and a huge collection of gnomes from all over the sim world. Also has a garden with a stocked pond and kids play equipment, perfect for the outdoors loving sim.

Link to download thread:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15291.0.html

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 07:23:41 AM »
Voting is now open!  :) Such amazing entries from everyone!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 5 - Larger than Life - March 10, 2013 - March 23, 2013
    Saltpastillen!

Congratulations to Saltpastillen! You can download the winning entry here: Chateau de Toy Box .

Saltpastillen's Comment:

"Yippie, I won! There were so many excellent entries, I'm honored that I got your votes! I was positively giddy to enter this contest. After realizing my limitations when it comes to building I decided to choose between objects that had a somewhat rectangular shape and settled on my favorite toy box. The wall stencils from Seasons and the Quaintessensial Spark lights in addition to lots of Central Air Wents helped me recreate the exterior to my satisfaction. Then I just added most things a growing family would need. A toy box has to be kid friendly after all!"

Congratulations Saltpastillen! :D Also a big congratulations to everyone, these entries were simply amazing! Each time I was amazed at how creative you all were, I was expecting to see a lot of giant toilets but you all picked an object that I never thought of!  :)

The thread is open for comments!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 02:08:39 PM »
Well done Saltpastillen! Your little toy box house was just so sweet!

I'm open for comments on my build  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 04:42:43 PM »
Congratulations saltpastillen! A well deserved win. The toy box was a great idea.

I am open to comments on my build.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

anything