Author Topic: Who will be the Founder of my Immortal Dynasty?--The Winner is Announced!!  (Read 28282 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Yes, to make things more interesting, I went with all of the wishes they had during mood swing days (unless their wish list was already full).  Strangely, Jamal skipped a day and was still among the first to make honor roll, but Camilia never really seemed to recover from the first day she skipped, so I was pretty sure that second one would be tragic.
I've also limited how much I would redirect the teens back to their homework when they would have those "Oh, I'm 12% done, guess it's time to go play darts" moments, so that added another factor to making it a competition based around how the sims behaved as much as how I played them

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
I like it. That's how I plan to do The Bachelorette too.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
This is doing really well, I hope Jamal wins, he cracks me up.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Pippin:  It was another beautiful morning in the household.  Everyone was getting up and ready for their days (including some serious yawning and stretching for Ellody)

Given that the number of teens, and therefore mood swings, had been reduced to only two, Jameson reflected that it was probably one of the best mornings thus far.  He whistled a far-too-happy tune as he made his way to the mailbox. 

One might speculate that it was a happy love tune given the growth of his platonic relationship with Ellody, but it sounded more like Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train."
He stopped short as he noticed an odd-looking envelope.

He pulled it out and realized it was a message about the competition from yours truly.  It said:
Household, 
      It is my privilege to inform you that a special treat awaits you.
      When all members of the household have become young adults,
      whether by honor roll or natural aging, those who remain in the
      house will be going on a vacation to one of three locations:  France,
      China, or Egypt.  The location will be determined upon the final age-up.
                                                                  Simmingly yours,
                                                                      Pippin
When the household was up and about, Jameson shared the exciting news.  Everyone celebrated in their own way.
Hugging,

playing a happy tune,

or unclogging the toilet.

Jamal:  (laughs sadistically as he sloshes more water on the floor)
Pippin:  Speaking of Jamal, he's managing to find a way to keep his relationship with Benni going

even though she hasn't aged up yet.

Stats-wise for our young adults, Jamal has a 7 in handiness, a 6 in logic, but only 6 of his needed 30 gems and rocks.

Patrizia is almost at 6 in painting, though her piano skill is still at a 1.

Fellow artist Janicia is up to a 5 in sculpting and has nearly reached 4 in painting.

Ellody, the novelist who is trying to write herself into her own love story, has a 4 in writing and a 3 in charisma.

Our teens, on the other hand, have pending birthdays.  In fact, Rovin, who typically wandered away from his homework to check on his garden or play darts, met with his birthday before he had made the honor roll.

Sadly, that's why he's now saying goodbye.

He literally had some ups and downs in his time with the household.

As he leaves, he knows he's stronger for the experience

literally.
He was not our champion, but he definitely added to the household.
Rovin:  Take good care of my garden, Mr. Parker.
Jameson:  I will do my best

Pippin:  And with that, Rovin drove off into the night.
Farewell, Rovin Skule.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Pippin:  The household has been hard at work with the last teen trying to make honor roll,

Janicia painting and sculpting'

Ellody working on her charisma skill,

Patrizia learning the piano,

and Jamal...doing...whatever this is.

Jamal:  (Singing) I've been working on the railroad!
So it was about time to take a break.  Mr. Parker decided to give the household a fun-filled evening out, so they hit the festival grounds to experience all the joys of Scary Day.
Janicia:  I ain't afraid of no ghost!

Pippin:  And when she was done proving her courage, she stopped by to watch Ellody and Patrizia bob for apples.

Janicia:  Umm, Patrizia, you know you're not supposed to eat the apples, right?

Later, some friendly rivalries played out at the eating contest booth

and Janicia found a fashionable new way to do her make-up

Speaking of make-up, master of all things evil Jamal went with...rainbows and unicorns?

Jamal:  Stop judging me!
Pippin:  However, the day after this happy outing became a time of loss for the household

Bernard and his Stetson aged up without making the honor roll (due to having his birthday on a Sunday, otherwise, he could have made honor roll).
We'll miss his music around the house

far more than his sense of style

Bernard:  And I'll miss you most of all, ice cream

Pippin:  Ummm, yeah.  So we say our farewell to Bernard Hogan

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Curiosity time.
Patrizia, Jamal, Janicia, and Ellody are the only ones who remain. 
Who are you rooting for and why?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
In the immortal words of Dr. Sheldon cooper, "Sarcasm?"

It was at the time, but now Jamal really has developed a surprisingly well-rounded character. Rainbows and unicorns? Ha ha ha. Too bad Bernard and Rovin are both gone, I liked them.

To me, Ellody and Jamal are the most memorable characters. I feel like I don't really know who Patrizia and Janicia are well enought to root for them.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Who Will Be the Founder of this Immortal Dynasty?--Meet Ellody
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 10:11:28 PM »
Pippin:Now that we're down to 4 finalists, let's get to know the competitors a little better.

Ellody:  Hi there, I'm Ellody Cayzine. 

If I had to sum myself up in two words, it would be "artistic storyteller."

Back when I was a youngster my cat, Mr. Wiggles, and I used to have all sorts of make believe adventures being fairy princesses, or astronauts, or pirates.

I know a lot of times aspiring novelists have trouble making it financially, but it's not all about the money, it's about following your passion.  That's what makes me smile.

Well, speaking of passion, I guess it's common knowledge by now that I have a little thing for Jameson...I mean...Mr. Parker.  For now, we're just really close, but who knows, maybe someday we'll settle down together.

Maybe we'll hear the pitter patter of little feet one day.

But that's the future.  Right now, I'm trying to see if my destiny is to be the founder of a dynasty.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Pippin:  And now, let's get to know our only remaining guy, Jamal.  Umm, Jamal, why are you in your pajamas?
Jamal:  (Laughs maniacally and points)

Jamal:  I was a child

but I got over it.

I miss that horse.

(Takes a moment of silence)
I like pictures.  Pictures that make people look silly or foolish. 

I'd like to rule the world some day

or at least have a girlfriend

(Sits there making faces at the camera until we just run out of time and fade out)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
I'd go for Ellody, except that she'd have to marry someone other than Mr. Parker. It looks like Jamal.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Pippin:  One of our duo of artistic competitors, Patrizia Noire.

Patrizia:  Give me just a moment, please.

Sorry, I have trouble talking about myself.  By now you know I'm really invested in my art.

That's because of my dad.

He raised me as a single parent and he sacrificed his dream to become an artist to make sure he had a steady income to support us.  No matter how hard things really were, he always made me smile and laugh and encouraged me to follow my dreams.

He inspired me to become an artist,

but he was also adamant that I get a well-rounded education.

If I manage to win this competition, it will be dedicated to him.

For me, it's not about the fortune and fame, it's about honoring him and building on his legacy.

Thank you.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
I'd go for Ellody, except that she'd have to marry someone other than Mr. Parker. It looks like Jamal.

There's still two others to show off....See? ^^

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Who Will Be the Founder of this Immortal Dynasty?--Meet Janicia Strough
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 10:40:13 PM »
Pippin:  And our final competitor, Janicia Strough.

Janicia?
(She runs in)
Janicia:  Sorry!  I was just trying to finish up a painting.  I had a sudden idea for how to make it come alive.

For me, that's what art is all about is bringing life to the canvas.

That's my approach to this competition too.  It's about becoming a more enriched artist and individual, not about becoming rich or even immortal.

Of course, having studied, I've learned that Sims are mortal, therefore, I'd put the iocane powder as far away from myself as possible (Laughs at her own movie reference)

Studying didn't get me started on art, though.  I suppose my love of art came from my isolated childhood.  I was always the "pudgy girl" that couldn't fit in with the popular girls and none of the boys gave a second look. 

Having all that time to myself, I found a great expression through painting, sculpting, and photography.
But it's not about proving myself to those kids, it's about chasing a goal. 
Quite honestly, I'm just honored to be part of this story and to have a place among the stories of so many famous Sims.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Who Will Be the Founder of this Immortal Dynasty?--Meet the Competitors
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 10:57:54 PM »
Brilliant! What a great way for us to make an informed decision on the characters. I love how you showed them as children. You have such a great sense of humour. "I was a child...but I got over it." and iocaine powder...ha ha ha. Now I can't choose :(

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Who Will Be the Founder of this Immortal Dynasty?--Meet the Competitors
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 11:28:55 PM »
Thanks Rosa, and thanks everyone who has been commenting on the characters.  I went with complete random "rolls" for all of the character generation including not even altering wardrobes until they reached young adult.  Therefore, it was fun to watch how they developed through playing them and then figure out how I thought they became these characters.  Interesting that many of you like Jamal, but don't count out the ladies!

anything