Author Topic: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Done--  (Read 15134 times)

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Done--
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:35:10 AM »
Back in 2012, I had previously made my 5th attempt at a dynasty. Some really bad things happened and long story short, I abandoned it. Here's basically what happened on the previous dynasty attempts.

Attempt #1: Founder got killed by a meteor.
Attempt #2: Non-immortal imaginary friend ate a life fruit.
Attempt #3: Third generation got bit by a vampire.
Attempt #4: Failed to achieve Hall of Fame status due to the 5th generation being born without both parents living in the house. Still finished it though, you can read the full story here.
Attempt #5: Abandoned due to health reasons.

With the release of University Life, I decided to give this another go but this time I'm going mostly storyless. I do plan on giving a summary of the events that happened on each generation but for the most part, expect the bare minimum, including museum pieces. After all, sculpting and photography are good ways to go insane in real life.

Meet the Immortals
Jack Evans, Founder
Daniel Evans, Second Generation
Sean Evans, Third Generation
Michelle Evans, Fourth Generation
Rachel Evans, Fifth Generation
Valerie Evans, Sixth Generation
Pamela Evans, Seventh Generation
Oliver Evans, Eighth Generation

Orange Igauna, why are you calling this the immortal jail when this is technically an immortal dynasty?
I'm glad you asked that. It's all part of my strategy for keeping non-immortals and immortals who have completed their requirements out of my hair for the entire dynasty. Please look at Exhibit A.

This here is what I call an Immortal Jail Cell. After an immortal has completed their requirements and have purchased Steel Bladder, they are locked in one of these jail cells containing all the basic necessities for the rest of the dynasty with two exceptions. One, the immortal painter is let out to do the painting of each age and then locked back in and two, all immortals who have completed their requirements are let out once a week to refresh their ambrosia. All food is fed to them through the fridge containing multiple copies of perfect dishes. The multiple copies of the same painting ensures that they receive a constant +40 beautifully decorated moodlet. All appliances were upgraded to unbreakable courtesy of the founder's wife, who was transformed into a witch after giving birth. The chair provides the maximum possible comfort moodlet while the video game console not visible allows the immortal to maintain level 10 nerd status. The only downside is that they need to know a townie so that they can use their phone to fulfill their social bar but my founder's supermax fixes that.

Eight immortal jail cells all prepped and ready to go. The bottom row contains the odd numbered immortal cells in descending order (7, 5, 3, 1) and the top row contains the even numbered cells in descending order (8, 6, 4, 2). In this picture, the top left is occupied by a rich townie who was invited on day one to sell his marguet vaguester. The bottom left is the founder's wife. The second to the top left is the second generation's unexpected twin brother.

Why are you doing this strategy?
Towards the end of that non-HoF dynasty, I basically spent the entire eighth generation's adult phase alt-tabbed doing other stuff while the game played itself. With this strategy, I can do this even earlier! That and people who aren't needed anymore can leave me alone.

Those poor immortals... what settings are you using and where is the dynasty taking place?
The dynasty is taking place in Lucky Palms. 54 Golf Links Lane was chosen for it's close proximity to the main hub. Lunar cycle was turned off and is permanently set to waning gibbous. Each season has been set to 28 days (the maximum) to minimize holidays. The weather effects have been turned off. Everything in population has been turned off so no fairies, celebrities, vampires, etc. Story progression is turned on because the rules require it. The family is opting out of the celebrity system because false accusation can go suck a lemon. This of course means no film career. Fortune Teller career is also impossible because I did not place the wagon.

Are you sure you want to go storyless? You've posted quite the wall of text already.
Positive, by going without a story I can focus solely on the dynasty. Attempt #3 in particular failed because I focused so heavily on the story that I accidentally made a fatal misclick when trying to set up a screenshot.

I read that other story you posted and noticed that you gave almost everyone couch potato, are you going to do the same thing this time?
You know it! I'm probably the biggest fan of that trait on this forum.

Cool, when does this dynasty begin?
It began two days ago! As of this post, the founder is already an immortal. It was actually a pretty close call because his chosen supermax has a challenge that is completely luck-based. It was worth it though because I'll be able to ignore the best friend requirements for every immortal until elder.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Last Updated 3/16/2013--
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:35:49 AM »

Jack Evans -- Founder
Lifetime Wish: Swimming in Cash
Career: Business
Supermax: Social Networking
Lifetime Rewards: Motive Mobile, No Bills Ever, Born to Cook
Real Estate: Area-52 Test Labs, Aleister's Elixirs and Sundries
Portraits: Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Opportunities: Making Coffee the Executive Way, Hospital Delivery, Scientific Documents, Making Nice with the Newsies, Commissioned Street Art, Outflanking the Military
Best Friends: Jaycen Hendrix, Darren Dreamer, Aya Tanner, Yuna Tanner, Ethan Tanner, Lina Lancaster
Traits: Ambitious, Workaholic, Charismatic, Couch Potato, Lucky, Natural Cook [Rebel], Over-Emotional [Honorary Degree LTR]

Before I even began the dynasty, I PMed Rica asking for a couple of rule clarifications. The original plan was to restart the dynasty until the wish enhancing serum appeared in the alchemy shop first try. Ultimately, I decided not to do this because like my previous attempts, I can just have non-immortals buy everything I need. He was willing to send me a couple of his elixirs though which really came in handy. The Midas Touch in particular completely eliminated any money woes for the entire dynasty just by turning multiple copies of Ambiguity Itself into gold and selling them.

Day one consisted of Jack going directly to Jaycen Hendrix's home to recruit him. He's better than Agnes because he brings a Marguet Vaguester to your home instead of the speedster. I had not received the elixirs from Rica yet so getting him to best friend was a matter of spamming the silly face over and over again. He's childish, you see. Once I got him to best friend, Jack went home, invited Jaycen over, recruited him, sold the Marguet Vaguester and that is both sim's lifetime wish complete. Both sims used the happiness points to buy Motive Mobiles for themselves.

Next, I bought Jack a megaphone and started a protest on unskilled sims at the park. A lot of skilling was about to happen so Jack and Jaycen really needed that boost. It was a success and Jack was off to the library to max the Social Networking, Cooking, and Gardening skills while Jaycen maxed Cooking to do the Culinary career, Painting, and Fishing to catch some Deathfish. During this time, the dynasty house and museum were built and the immortal jail was set up. After Jaycen maxed cooking, he went and joined the Culinary career. When Jack was done with his library skilling, he had his young adult portrait painted by Jaycen. Brain enhancing machines were used to speed up Jaycen's skilling progress. The reason Jack is maxing cooking is because although I'm leaving cooking open for all immortals, Jack is going to be the unofficial chef of the family. Spamming jokes with a rebel allowed Jack to get a 6th trait. I chose Natural Cook for that.

Here's where it gets interesting. Social Networking allows the user to summon sims with whatever age, gender, traits, and even astrological sign, he or she desires. Because Jack can easily summon 6 sims and use the relationship transmogrifier to instantly turn them into best friends with anyone he wants, it was a no-brainer to supermax this first so that the Evans can completely ignore the best friend requirement until a generation hits elder. Two of the challenges are easy enough, summon 25 sims with the sim finder app to get... absolutely nothing because the reward is bugged. Another challenge is to change the relationship of 30 sims to romantic interest or boyfriend/girlfriend to get the best friends forever option... which also doesn't exist because the challenge is bugged. There is one challenge though that is basically the new Guitar Star and that's the sell 5 blogs challenge. When you make a blog, you have to make posts to get followers. Getting followers increases the quality of your blog and gets you perks. At 4 stars, you randomly get an offer to sell your blog. This is the issue, this can either take 2 days or it could take weeks to sell a single blog once you hit the requirement. To even get followers at a respectable pace, you need to trigger a "Gotta Blog" moodlet repeatedly to get a guaranteed amazing post for 30-70 followers. The method I used was repeatedly changing the relationship of Jack's friends to stranger, then friend, then good friend, then best friend. Each new stage of friendship triggers the "Gotta Blog" moodlet for a personal blog. Because of how long it could potentially take to sell a blog, supermaxing this skill first is a gamble for a founder. Jack only had 3 days left until elder before he finally sold his fifth blog.

Social Networking does not have any opportunties whatsoever though. This is why Jack joined the Business career. The career offers tons of opportunties for him to complete and because no other sim can max the career, the BlackOps are pretty much guaranteed to be his and his alone. You may notice that one of the opportunties is a street art op. Jack had only eight days left before turning into an adult and he still had not gotten offer to sell his 5-star blog. I was beginning to worry so I started spraying ground murals in an attempt to change his supermax to Street Art. Needless to say, he got his offer when Jack hit level 6 in the skill. Street Art is still up for grabs and as long as Jack never has the street art kit in his inventory, there's no danger of failing the dynasty due to multiple level 10 street artists.

When Jack had hit adult, he summoned a young adult wife with the worst random outfit I have ever seen on a sim by using the sim finder app. Using the transmogrifier, he immediately married her and had kids. Something unexpected happened though, she gave birth to twins. It wasn't that big of a deal, it just means that I have a spare who is probably gonna spend the rest of his life locked in his own jail cell once he hits young adult. I might get him a fine arts degree and make him do the Culinary career though. The moodlet from the fridge affects babies so it would go great in the nursery.

When Jack hit elder, all he had to do was update his best friends list so that it contains sims who are actually alive, get his picture painted for the last time, and then it's ambrosia time. Towards the end, I had bought Jack an Honorary Degree in business so that I could give him a 7th trait, Over-Emotional. Jack will not be needed outside of the Sim Finder app and Relationship Transmogrifier app so he will now be locked in the jail cell.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 12:43:50 AM »
And just after I finished reading the Doe Dynasty, no less.

The jail cell idea is ingenious. I'm too nice to my immortals to do that, but it's still a great idea. Good luck with this attempt!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »
Jail cell rooms? You are a smart, smart llama.
And the Doe Dynasty is a great read. It's in my bookmarks for easy reading! ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 11:17:24 AM »
Hello Jack!  Good to see you got the elixirs!   I sent them as soon as I was able and yes Midas Touch is by far the sexiest elixir ever.   Can't wait to see who Generation 2 is.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
Don't forget to check on your elders -- a non-working refrigerator glitch came with University Life, causing students in the dorms to die of starvation.

Otherwise, good luck!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
Yes! I loved the Doe Dynasty, and this one looks just as interesting! Jail cells--hehe. That's kinda pretty awesome.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 12:33:46 PM »
What a clever idea, your certainly making the most out what the game offers. I'm curious to see how it all plays out, best of luck.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Last Updated 3/19/2013--
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:12:57 AM »
After a few sim weeks of gameplay, I ran into a couple of issues with the jail cells.

-Sims would attempt to cook their own meals but because there's no counter, food processor, and stove in their room, they would fail and put the cutting board on their dining table. This forces them to eat on their recliner, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it means I have to make them clean up manually.
-If a stereo is in the room and is turned on, sims will not go to bed on their own. This is easily fixed by just getting rid of the stereo.
-Unless they know someone they can talk to by phone, they have no way to fill their social gauge. This was fixed by simply giving them laptops so they can chat online.

I present to you all The Immortal Jail v2.0

The following changes have been made to each jail cell.

-Counters have been added where the trash compactor and dishwasher are located.
-The recliner has been removed and the dining table has been relocated. The recliner has been replaced with a maximum comfort dining chair.
-The stereo has been removed and replaced with a stove.
-A food processor is now on one of the counters.
-All sims have been given laptops to fill their social need.
-Non-immortals now have Heavy Sleeper, Neat and Hates the Outdoors. Ambitious has been removed from non-immortals. This is to force sims to clean the dishes and to prevent Stir Crazy and Anxious to Advance from appearing. Heavy Sleeper is to prevent the TV from waking them up.

Because of the changes, sims can now cook their own food if they really want to but they'll mostly eat leftovers. They can now be left completely alone and they'll eventually die of old age. The game console is still there, you just can't see it at this angle.

Also, say hi to Immortal Jack in the above picture.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »

Daniel Evans -- Second Generation

Lifetime Wish: Seasoned Traveler
Career: Architectural Designer
Supermax: Painting
Lifetime Rewards: Moodlet Manager, Prepared Traveler, Extra Creative
Real Estate: Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital, Paint A Desert Art Gallery
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Opportunities: Interior Decor, The Business of Decor, Ingredients Ripe for the Eating, Deliver a Painting to France, A Nice Harvest, A Retreat to Inspiration
Best Friends: Abel Schuster, Cyrus Pickett, Geoffrey Enriquez, Graham Craven, Jeremy Knox, Scotty Alston

Traits: Couch Potato, Artistic, Adventurous, Perfectionist, Avant Garde, Ambitious [Jock], Over-Emotional [Fine Arts Degree]

Notice the gardening opportunities. The painting opportunities just weren't coming so Daniel needed a plan B.

The second generation started off with a bang with Jack's wife giving birth to twins. Daniel here was the first one to come out which made him the immortal. The spare definitely was not useless though. I ended up being very glad twins happened because Daniel's brother, Theodore, contributed a ton of resources to the dynasty. His roles were to buy a motive mobile and moodlet manager, get a second culinary fridge, and paint the second generation.

People who have read my past dynasty stories probably already know how I handled Daniel's painting supermax. As usual, the plan was to delay skilling up in painting until young adult so that Daniel can max the Architect career at the same time as hitting level 10 painting (technically 9 and a half). I made a slight adjustment to the strategy though in that I had Daniel retire when he hit elder instead of having him remain an architect forever. The reason I did this was because the 40% discount has me make less money per Midas Touch statue. Although I can buy the statues for 40% less money, it'll also sell for less too. The discount does not apply to community lots, vacation homes, or University either so this family really did not need the discount anymore.

When they became teens, I started having them both skill up in cooking with the intent on getting them fine arts credits for University. For Theodore, this was so that he could get a headstart on the Culinary career. For Daniel, this was just so he could get another trait. May as well, right? I also had Theodore learn gardening so he could help Jack take care of indoor life plants and death flower bushes. I made sure that Jack was the one that harvested the death flowers though, no touchy if you're not immortal, remember? For some strange reason though, the life fruit just would not grow. Realizing that I was wasting my time, they went right to the trash. I should have enough life fruit to last the dynasty anyway so no more gardening.

Theodore was also responsible for painting Daniel's portraits since there was no way Jaycen was going to make it all the way to Daniel's elder birthday. He sure put up one heck of a fight with old age though, finally passing away at 121 days old.

After they both turned into young adults and graduated from University, Theodore went to work on getting the family his second fridge. The moodlet it gives benefits babies so this fridge went into the nursery when he got it. I tried to get a third fridge by having him quit and rejoin the Culinary career but I learned the hard way that doing that doesn't work. Once Daniel had finished his career requirement and was armed with a wish enhancing serum purchased from the alchemy store, I bought him Opportunistic and had him get started on maxing his Visa levels. With ambitious and a wish-enhancing serum, that's 138,000 LTHP which means two Moodlet Managers for the family. Actually, combined with the LTHP he already had, he was able to buy three moodlet managers. With the spouses, Jaycen when he was alive, and Theodore helping, the family soon had 8 moodlet managers ready to go for the entire dynasty. All that was left was purchasing 8 motive mobiles... which was accomplished about halfway through adulthood.

When Daniel had finished his lifetime wish, there was really nothing else for him to do but get married, have his wife bring in the third generation, and wait for opportunities. Those field trips really paid off as it gave Daniel alternate options like gardening for opportunities. I also had the wife do the Culinary career for a third fridge (last one until generation 7, I swear) to put in Jack's jail cell. Now Jack never has to leave his cell to make perfect dishes.

Once Daniel and Theodore both hit elder, fulfilling the best friend requirement and getting the portrait done was a breeze. This is why I had Jack supermax Social Networking. Jack summoned 6 male elder sims (opposite gender leads to annoying date phone calls) with the sim finder app and used the relationship transmogrifier to set them to best friends with Daniel. Boom, best friend requirement done, go eat your ambrosia.

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 07:20:32 AM »
You, Mr. Orange, are a genius of the best sort. It's a brillent plan going on here.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Revenge

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 08:10:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm stealing your idea. Probably. Thanks for the idea! Ciao.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »
This is so brilliant and horrible at the same time.

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 09:27:19 PM »
This is so brilliant and horrible at the same time.
And that is what makes it so awesome. ;)
~~~
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 02:38:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm stealing your idea. Probably. Thanks for the idea! Ciao.

Welcome to our Forum.  That's not a good idea unless the author gives you permission.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »

Sean Evans -- Third Generation
Lifetime Wish: Alchemy Artisan
Career: Alchemist
Supermax: Alchemy
Lifetime Rewards: Suave Seller, Fireproof Homestead, Collection Helper
Real Estate: Lucky Llamas Stadium, Lovely Lake Park and Playground
Opportunities: Archeology Exhibit, A Fishy Science Project, Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, The Writing Club, Outside Reading, Scavenger Hunt: Butterfly Bonanza
Best Friends: Emanuel Aragon, Ezekiel Goetz, Hector Shelley, Glen Cornish, Tim Gentile, Leif Pierson

Traits: Couch Potato, Heavy Sleeper, Supernatural Fan, Born Salesman, Neat, Over-Emotional [Jock], Hates the Outdoors [Honorary Degree]

Generation 3 was perhaps the fastest I've ever completed the requirements on an immortal ever. This is not taking into consideration that paintings have to be done and best friends have to be summoned by Jack when Sean hits elder.

What you may notice right off the bat is his BlackOps. You are reading this correctly, I used almost every single school and scavenger hunt opportunity I could for Sean's six BlackOps. The reason for this is because Alchemy only has the philosopher stone questline for opportunities. Since later generations are going to supermax pre-Pets skills, meaning skills that have ops, I decided to do every single child/teen opportunity I could get and not have to worry about getting Sean a rabbit hole job or raise another skill. This ended up paying off because Sean never got the philosopher's stone opportunity.

Alchemy is one of the easiest skills to supermax. Just learn every recipe, make 150 vials of bliss after a trip to the grocery store, and throw them at someone. Boom, you're done. I had Sean buy a collection helper so that it would be easier to find red admiral butterflies and smoky quartzes. The only potions I need Sean to make are wish enhancing serums and liquid job boosters. Wish enhancing serums are obvious but the liquid job boosters are going to be for professions and self-employment careers. In fact, by simply buying elixirs at the consignment store and reselling them, Sean was able to max out the career in one day. Liquid job booster for the win.

Once Sean hit young adult, I had Jack summon a wife with the sim finder app immediately. They got married, had a baby, and the wife went and bought some toddler writing books to prepare the fourth generation. I also had the wife learn the Science skill to clone alchemy ingredients, particularly red admiral butterflies and smoky quartzes. Once Sean had made some liquid job boosters and enough wish enhancing serums to last the dynasty, Sean was locked in his cell where he will remain for the rest of the dynasty. Sean is simply no longer needed and with everyone in the family having too much happiness points, a new strategy involving food replicators will ensure that no immortal, with the exception of Daniel and "portrait time", will ever have to leave their cell.

On a final note, Sean was a shining example of why you should never get a level in the Jock social group. Whenever Sean wasn't eating, sleeping, or watching TV, he was doing the school cheer over and over again. Needless to say, it was extremely annoying.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Last Updated 3/21/2013--
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
Congratulations to Sean -  by chance you remembered to place the arboretum and the vault of antiquity right?  Without either of those, you can't get the alchemy mastery opp.  Figured that out on my life states dynasty recently.

Wow you're really zooming through.   Makes me feel very slackerish.  Good job ;D

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 10:47:27 PM »
Congratulations to Sean -  by chance you remembered to place the arboretum and the vault of antiquity right?  Without either of those, you can't get the alchemy mastery opp.  Figured that out on my life states dynasty recently.

Well that explains everything for me too. [/off topic]

Yes, alchemy is indeed an easy supermax, though using science to clone ingredients never came to mind. You keep astounding me with clever little solutions. And congrats on three immortals in about a week's time.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »

Wow you're really zooming through.   Makes me feel very slackerish.  Good job ;D

...Oh, really? That's incredibly sad. I wish I knew that before I started mine...
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »

Well that explains a lot. I didn't place either one in Lucky Palms which I guess explains why Sean never got the opportunity.

Yes, alchemy is indeed an easy supermax, though using science to clone ingredients never came to mind.

Sadly, you can't clone spotlight mushrooms which are needed for liquid job boosters. The spotlight mushrooms are considered too large to clone. I ended up having Sean run around with the collection helper gathering those. Every ingredient in the wish enhancing serum can be cloned though.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Last Updated 3/22/2013--
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »
Minor update.

With everyone in the family having more happiness points than I know what to do with, I decided to leave the food replicator open for all immortals to grab. This is the result.

The two other food replicators are in Jack and Daniel's cells respectively. The plan is that once an immortal has eaten ambrosia for the first time and used the dresser/mirror for the last time ever, the dresser and mirror in their cell will be sold and replaced with one of the food replicators containing ambrosia. They've all been upgraded by Sean's wife.

The fourth generation is going okay. She has her job, LTW, and supermax taken care of and is currently a young adult. Since I made her do writing, I'm hoping there will be enough opportunities with writing alone that she can take care of her BlackOps. If not, I'll make her join the Journalism career in hopes of there being opportunities there. The fifth generation has already been born and will be supermaxing charisma. She'll also be the only other generation to attend university. This is so that she can start politics at level 4 and hope she doesn't run into the rabbit hole bug like last time.

I also should mention that opting out of the celebrity system has turned out to be a very bad idea. Without celebrity opportunities, I have less options to fulfill the BlackOps requirement in case something goes wrong or I pick a supermax that doesn't have opportunities (anything introduced from Pets and beyond). Oh well, I'll have to make do without it.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Last Updated 3/22/2013--
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 12:29:26 AM »
I have loved your previous attempts and the jail idea is something I have personally thought of but could have never done as brilliant as you have. Good luck in getting into the HOF!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Last Updated 3/30/2013--
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 09:15:16 PM »

Michelle Evans -- Fourth Generation
Lifetime Wish: Professional Author
Career: Self-Employed Writer (Twice)
Supermax: Writing
Lifetime Rewards: Acclaimed Author, Bookshop Bargainer, Philosopher's Stone
Real Estate: Imagine That! Theater, Mick's Master Karaoke
Opportunities: Book Donation, A Masterpiece, To Boldly Go, Channel Surfing, Digitizing Your Notes, A History of One
Best Friends: Felicia Hutchins, Whitney Ridgeway, Sierra Dewitt, Cristina Gregg, Brittney Huber, Leilani Wilkins

Traits: Couch Potato, Hates the Outdoors, Bookworm, Perfectionist, Over-Emotional, Neat [Nerd], Heavy Sleeper [Honorary Degree]

Back in the Doe Dynasty, I managed to get my writer immortal to supermax writing and max the self-employed career before becoming an adult. I wanted to see if I could do that again. Previously, I had not read any books before starting the typing process but with University Life came comic books. Each comic book is only thirty pages long and counts towards your "books read" stat. Apparently reading a certain amount of books boosts typing speed but I never tested it for myself. At only thirty pages a pop though, why not try it this time? Most people are a fan of specializing in children's books but me, I stick to the four books a genre rule until masterpieces, then specialize in that. Not a big fan of having to level painting or taking childish to unlock the genre.

The writing process began at the toddler age. Since Sean no longer had a use in the dynasty and every immortal and non-immortal were locked away, I was controlling only one sim and that was Sean's wife. Occasionally I had to let out Daniel to paint some portraits. Sean's wife was responsible for taking care of Michelle and maxing handiness to start upgrading some of those food replicators. Unfortunately, I sold all of my witch elixirs when doing Sean's career so this meant no upgrading through magic.

The liquid job boosters ended up being more potent than I thought when I unlocked masterpieces during Michelle's teen days. It ended up contributing so much experience to each of Michelle's masterpieces that Michelle had maxed out the career after finishing her third masterpiece titled "Two Thousand Pages of Me Writing Only the Word "Ni."" I was really hoping her first masterpiece titled "This Novel Sucks and You Should Feel Bad for Reading It" would be her most profitable book. I originally intended on having Michelle specialize in masterpieces but because the career was maxed out on only her third one, I went ahead and wrote a fifth sports novel, new to University, to specialize in it. Later on in Michelle's life, she would end up changing her specialty to masterpieces. I'll explain later.

After Michelle had finished her career, supermax, and lifetime wish, I had thought it would be safe to lock her in her cell. As Michelle grew older, I began to get worried about her BlackOps requirement. The opportunities that require traveling no longer work as the second phase will not appear. What a waste of a trip to China that was. The family is opting out of the celebrity system so this means no celebrity opportunities either. To ensure she gets her six, I had her join the Journalism career in an attempt to get some career opportunities. In addition, I had her repeatedly Chat with Someone on her laptop to meet new people, hoping this would encourage more skill opportunities. Writing opportunities seem to be all about requests from people you know, who I assume are all your fans. In the end, having Michelle temporarily join the Journalism career was completely necessary as Michelle would have been stuck at 5 out of 6 BlackOps had she relied on only writing skill opportunities. Repeats don't count unfortunately (she got Book Donation twice and A History of One three times).

When Michelle finally got her sixth opportunity that was doable, I had her quit the Journalism career and rejoin the Writer career. Sure, she already maxed it before, but I want her to be level 10 at a career when she's immortal. This is why the self-employed writing career was maxed twice by the same immortal. After she maxed it, she was told 100 jokes by her daughter so the fifth generation can complete a charisma challenge, then locked away for the rest of the dynasty.

After hitting elder, it was the same deal. Portrait, Jack social networking for Michelle's friends, and ambrosia. Before eating the ambrosia, I did have to check to see that all of the elders that were summoned were not part of her daughter's massive friend list. Fortunately, all of her best friends were in University.

Warning: This next statement may shock or offend simmers who grow attached their sims. Reader discretion is advised.

Because non-immortals no longer need to do anything for the family other than care of babies, I have adjusted my spouse strat. Every remaining generation until the 8th will be female so that I can have Jack summon an elder spouse. This way, they can take care of the baby until it becomes a child, die of old age, and they'll be out of my hair sooner. This strategy worked beautifully for this generation because Michelle's husband ended up dying of old age before Sean's wife had joined The White Ghost Clan.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 01:24:12 AM »
I don't remember if I've commented or not, but -- I still love the concept and the speed :) I've been tempted to do a speed run myself after seeing yours and vinyl's, but the museum value will probably irk the perfectionist in me.

I wanted to ask, are you bothering giving your immortals multiple death flowers? It's honestly amazing how much you seem to get done considering you really only have one-two Sims going at a time.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 08:38:02 AM »
Really love your approach here! The poor immortals! The house reminds me of a experimental lab/ Sean and Michelle look really great!

I was reading through your Doe dynasty and its so sad you didn't qualify for HoF. Best of luck this time around!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 01:36:12 PM »
This. Is. So. Awesome.  The Evil Sim in me loves it!

karlissa

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 03:13:57 AM »
I do like this, It's a very unique idea.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 08:20:36 AM »
This is an absolutely brilliant approach to immortal management!  I hope everything is still going well in this household!

The elder spouse strategy is a good one, but I wanted to caution you that they can die on the very day they become an elder (happened in my immortal dynasty to a potential husband).  Since I'm not sure if both parents have to still be alive when the heir is born I wanted to warn you about that rare potentially game-ending possibility.

However, I've been playing with the sim finder app and I've got a solution.  Sims the game conjures out of thin air by the app have all so far come at the very start of their age bar.  Working backwards, if an adult sim is summoned three or so days into the heir's child lifespan they should be three days away from elder on the day of the heir's young adult birthday.  They should still die in plenty of time, and they're pretty much guaranteed to be alive for the birth of the next heir (assuming an immediate pregnancy, of course).

Also, if you ever need ops in a hurry for any of your other immortals, base game rabbithole careers are positively crawling with them.  And if you can enroll heirs in afterschool programs each one in highschool except for study hall has a unique opportunity attached, as well as ballet and scouting in the child stage.

Good luck with this dynasty and I do hope to see an update soon.  This concept is so close to my efficiency-minded simming heart - I just love it!

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
A question, Orange... after you finish this, are you going to do any other Dynasty(like Life States)? Since you have Social Networking, may I recommend the Townie DecaDynasty? No rules involving life fruit so you never have to grow it, you'll get your ten NPC Friends and Best Friends easily with Social Networking and it has the supermax and real estate requirements and the requirements are much more forgiving.

I feel torn; part of me is sad that you have decided to lock up all your Immortals until they pose for their final picture  :'( , but the other part of me is already creating an Immortal Dynasty jail for their future immortals.  ;D Please update with future installments!
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 11:54:06 AM »
Wow... this fascinates and horrifies me at the same time!  The jail cell idea for immortal management is BRILLIANT!  But I do get attached to my Sims and to the stories that unfold, so I don't think I could do this, but I give you all the credit in the world for the idea as well as the implementation!  Good luck! 

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
Orange Iguana, you are a demented genius, and I mean that in the best possible way...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 06:34:42 AM »
I'm very sorry for the hiatus once again. I had some gaming-related things I needed to get out of my system. Now that I have a comfortable month of downtime, let's get back to finishing this dynasty already. Before I can post an update, I need to continue the process of immortalizing my 5th generation. Black Ops are becoming a serious issue but I do emergency measures I can take. Cases from the investigator profession count as black ops due to them being career opportunities for example. While I sit on my behind bored out of my mind waiting for the fifth generation to grow old and my sixth generation to become a child, I'll answer a few questions.

A question, Orange... after you finish this, are you going to do any other Dynasty(like Life States)? Since you have Social Networking, may I recommend the Townie DecaDynasty? No rules involving life fruit so you never have to grow it, you'll get your ten NPC Friends and Best Friends easily with Social Networking and it has the supermax and real estate requirements and the requirements are much more forgiving.

In all honesty, the only dynasty I might ever attempt after this is a base game only, no store item dynasty. I'd like to think of it as a hard mode dynasty because I don't get my precious motive mobile, I don't get social networking or alchemy, none of that stuff.

This is an absolutely brilliant approach to immortal management!  I hope everything is still going well in this household!

The elder spouse strategy is a good one, but I wanted to caution you that they can die on the very day they become an elder (happened in my immortal dynasty to a potential husband).  Since I'm not sure if both parents have to still be alive when the heir is born I wanted to warn you about that rare potentially game-ending possibility.

However, I've been playing with the sim finder app and I've got a solution.  Sims the game conjures out of thin air by the app have all so far come at the very start of their age bar.  Working backwards, if an adult sim is summoned three or so days into the heir's child lifespan they should be three days away from elder on the day of the heir's young adult birthday.  They should still die in plenty of time, and they're pretty much guaranteed to be alive for the birth of the next heir (assuming an immediate pregnancy, of course).

Also, if you ever need ops in a hurry for any of your other immortals, base game rabbithole careers are positively crawling with them.  And if you can enroll heirs in afterschool programs each one in highschool except for study hall has a unique opportunity attached, as well as ballet and scouting in the child stage.

Good luck with this dynasty and I do hope to see an update soon.  This concept is so close to my efficiency-minded simming heart - I just love it!

I really appreciate the Black Ops advice because again, this is easily the hardest part of the dynasty. I think I can safely say my kids are going to get more involved with school activities.

Also, one bit of advice I would like to share with everyone. Never. Under any circumstances. Make your immortals jocks.  Otherwise, prepare to hear the school cheer for the rest of the dynasty. It's even worse than the nerd's berate ignorance... which they can't do because they're in jail, take that immortals!

EDIT: Okay, it seems that because of patch 1.55, Sean finally decided to stop doing the school cheer which means yay, playing with sound is bearable again. Now to find a way to never get date requests.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Updated 6/29/2013--
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »
Please forgive the double post but update time.

----

Rachel Evans -- Fifth Generation
Lifetime Wish: Super Popular
Career: Political
Supermax: Charisma
Lifetime Rewards: Attractive, Legendary Host, Observant
Real Estate: The Blooming Cactus Bistro, Sunwest Graveyard
Opportunities: Headline Worthy Event, Photo Contest, Lobster Crisis, From One Chef to Another, Bestest Friends, Borrowing Ingredients
Best Friends: Carey Barrington, Rob Cinder, Tamera Rich, Steve Vanderbuilt, Guillermo Aldrich, Calvin Chung

Traits: Couch Potato, Hates the Outdoors, Neat, Charismatic, Heavy Sleeper, Good Sense of Humor [Nerd], Over-Emotional [Communications Degree]

We have reached the point of the dynasty where it is smooth sailing from here. All that is going to happen now is that the non-immortal parent will care for the baby until childhood (which is just turning on the swing every two hours), then the child will get to work on his supermax unless he or she needs to be a teen to start it. In that case, they'll be allowed to roam the house until they age up. They do have to get to school after all.

Because Rachel was going to be supermaxing Charisma, I wanted to send her to University so that she can knock out the Celebrity challenge there. It was absolutely essential that I grab the Attractive, Observant, and Legendary Host LTRs on Rachel. Attractive was needed so that I could do the instant friend on greet strategy. Legendary Host on the other hand, people who have read my previous dynasty attempts know why I grabbed this. This LTR is so that I can repeatedly throw parties that are guaranteed to be epic in order to boost friendships. Observant was of course taken for the traits challenge.

To get enough credits for Rachel to get her degree in one go, she needed to max a skill relating to the major. I wanted to do try Politics again on her and that benefits from a communications degree. Since her mother claimed Writing as her supermax, Rachel maxed the Photography skill in order to get the credits needed on her apptitute test. The MultiTab 6000 from the Sims Store made maxing this skill ridiculously quick. On a side note, poor Rachel had to have one of the worst childhoods I've ever seen in an immortal dynasty as she had to put up with two non-immortal deaths back to back. As soon as the moodlet from Michelle's husband went away, old age claimed Sean's wife as well, refreshing the moodlet. Poor Rachel...

Charismatic actually isn't all that necessary if you want to supermax Charisma, but the real reason I took it was because it gives you the Never Dull LTR for free. Good Sense of Humor is especially overkill but hey, what else was I going to give her? Ambitious would have caused her to suffer from the Anxious to Advance moodlet when she's done and I can't have that. After she told 100 jokes to her mother, I really had nothing else for her to do until Young Adult. When she did age up, she got her portrait painted, graduated from high school, and it was off to University.

University itself was nothing special. Lots and lots of parties were thrown using Legendary Host. It does not matter what happens, you will have an epic party, even if you throw a party in-between classes and never show up because the time you set the party happens to be during a lecture. Because of all the parties that were thrown, Rachel completed all of the challenges while her actual charisma skill was at three. It was so boring that the remainder of University were spent with the game alt-tabbed on autopilot while I browsed the web, occasionally checking back to make sure Rachel isn't doing something stupid like getting abducted by aliens. After she was done with University, she joined the Political career and maxed charisma at home so that the skill is actually supermaxed.

One of the metrics of the Political career is funding. The easiest way to do that is to, you guessed it, throw parties. Being a legendary host however has it's benefits, citizens of Lucky Palms are more than willing to throw $6,000 to your cause no matter what you do. For Rachel, this consisted of inviting as many people as she could, then immediately asking everyone to leave. Forget the party, she just wants your simoleans. Once she had hit level 10, I had Rachel take five days of unpaid time which added to her maternity leave. She didn't get to work again until halfway through adulthood. Once the sixth generation hit teen and Rachel put in one more request for unpaid time to make it so that she never had to work until elder, Rachel was locked in jail for the rest of the dynasty.

Because of all the permanent friends Rachel had made in University, it wasn't necessary for Jack to summon friends for Rachel this time. She achieved her six best friends entirely on her own. Wait for the birthday, get portrait painted, have one of the food replicators with ambrosia uploaded put in her room, and it was time for Rachel to become immortal.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Updated 6/29/2013--
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
Great update! I love the way you explain the LTRs so that people like me, who seldom use them, can learn how they help in a Dynasty. Thank you for being my teacher ;)

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Updated 7/1/2013--
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 11:11:48 PM »

Valerie Evans -- Sixth Generation

Lifetime Wish: Chess Legend
Career: Medical
Supermax: Logic
Lifetime Rewards: Stone Hearted, Climatron Control Unit, All Weather Champion
Real Estate: Sahara Corporate Headquarters, Drinks at Diamondbacks
Opportunities: Pile of Permission Slips, Ballet Recital, After School Reward Ceremony, Tutor Me Please, The Giving Sort, Logic 101
Best Friends: Gena Thompson, Jolene Dailey, Bianca Cardona, Jaimey Montgomery, Kristen Williamson, Marian Avalos

Traits: Genius, Couch Potato, Lucky, Hates the Outdoors, Neat, Heavy Sleeper [Nerd]

Before Valerie's life even began there was an issue. I wanted the sixth generation to be a female so this put the dynasty at risk. Giving birth to twins and having the immortal be female would be an automatic fail because there would be no way to bring in the seventh generation. Males don't have this issue. How did I get past this? Simple, I had Jack summon two elders into the household instead of just one. Now there was only room for one baby. Valerie was born, the father died during her toddler years, the guest died during childhood, and all is well in the Evans jail.

I don't know why I always pick logic as a supermax in dynasties, but because I was doing this later in the dynasty, it was important that Valerie hit level 5 in the skill as quickly as possible. The goal was to knock out the child tutoring challenge before she hit young adult, otherwise she would have to wait until generation 7's birth. To speed up the process, I had her master the peg box as a toddler. It was also at around this time that I pretty much stopped using the toddler swing as it takes much more effort than just feeding, changing, and putting her to bed. My main method of leveling logic for Valerie was the chess table mainly because chess is a hidden skill and she needs to win the tournament to not only supermax the skill, but complete her lifetime wish. It might be faster to give the sim Computer Whiz and have her learn it via computer, but I'd rather have Lucky since my jail strategy only allows two or three free traits depending on if I want Over-Emotional.

Under normal circumstances, I usually end up picking Meet New Friends and eventually Talk to Friends when sending a sim to school. In this dynasty, I would leave it on Normal Effort because making friends as a child is pointless due to Social Networking. Valerie however, needs to meet a child to tutor so it's right back to normal circumstances. Since the game does not really tell you where children that your sim knows lives, and I blame that on the friend being the newspaper girl, I ended up praying that Valerie would either go home with someone or bring someone home with her so that I can get right to tutoring. This never happened, so what Valerie ended up doing was inviting one of her schoolmates over through the phone and throwing a potent friendship elixir at him. In hindsight, I would have been better off temporarily resubscribing to the newspaper delivery.

Because every child from school showed their NPC power by skipping the teen days and aging straight to young adult, Valerie had to make more friends from school to tutor. I also signed up for debate club to get another opportunity out of the way. I can only hope this doesn't come back to haunt me later with what I've chosen for the last two supermaxes but hey, there's always the investigator profession. Valerie managed to finish her teen years with four out of five of her challenges finished, all she needed to do now was do the chess tournament. It's actually much easier to do this in a foreign country because nobody in China, Egypt, or France have jobs. This means that you don't have to put up with the possibility of the sim being unavailable for ranked chess games. The chess tournament was also the number one reason my family opted out of the celebrity system because paparazzi are never available, period. The travel strategy is there if something goes wrong but there wasn't any need this time, Valerie was able to defeat all of her opponents in the comfort of the family's living room... wait, the Evans have a living room!?

What transpired next was the whole reason I went with the jail setup to begin with. I had Valerie join the medical career, then proceeded to put the game on my other monitor and essentially let the game play itself. I tried to make the time go faster by zooming in on the floor in hopes that it'll use less memory and thus the game will run faster. I waited until Valerie hit level 10 in the medical career before inviting the final non-immortal this dynasty needs. Since this is the last non-immortal for the entire dynasty, I had Jack summon an adult instead of an elder this time to guarantee that the husband will not die during pregnancy. There's still the chance that the seventh generation could be a male, which is a game over, but nothing ten watermelons plus a lean and mean elixir can't fix.

You know the drill at this point. Wait for elder, portrait, six best friends via social networking, ambrosia. Next.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Updated 7/1/2013--
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 11:19:37 PM »
It's actually good that you didn't skill up Valerie playing chess on the computer, because that won't raise the hidden chess skill.

You're getting close! Good luck for the rest of the dynasty.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Updated 7/3/2013--
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »
We're almost done here guys, as of this posting the last generation is a young adult and only needs his career, portraits, and black ops.

---

Pamela Evans -- Seventh Generation

Lifetime Wish: Living in the Lap of Luxury
Career: Self-Employed Sculptor
Supermax: Sculpting
Lifetime Rewards: Artisan Crafter, Body Sculptor, Vacationer
Real Estate: Silver Swallow Day Spa, Lakeside Retreat
Opportunities: Badging Ceremony, Work/School Learning Project, Sculpt a Suspect, Sculpture for a Friend, Help the School, High Quality Delivery
Best Friends: Jenna Pereira, Aubrey Haley, Cody Pritchard, Miriam Main, Krystal Ramos, Justine Switzer

Traits: Couch Potato, Heavy Sleeper, Perfectionist, Savvy Sculptor, Avant Garde, Hates the Outdoors [Nerd], Neat [Honorary Degree]

I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with this immortal. I did plan out what the last two supermaxes were going to be but I didn't plan on the order in which I wanted to do them. Ultimately, I decided to make Pamela my sculpting immortal and the final generation be my... well, I'll reveal what the final immortal's supermax will be when he's done. Regardless of which one I picked, Pamela can't get started on either of the two skills until she hits teen so in order to give her something to do, I had her sign up for the scouts in school. May as well knock out an opportunity too.

It was at this point that the dynasty ran into a new problem. None of the immortals were going to bed on their own. They would rather sit on a chair and watch TV or view their paintings than go to bed despite having no energy. Reseting bed ownership didn't work, replacing the beds didn't work, none of that stuff. If we weren't nearing the end of the dynasty, I'd have to completely rebuild the jail cells but as long as their ambrosia is refreshed as needed and they have their death flowers, they can pass out on the floor as much as they want for all I care. At least, that's what I would do if I couldn't find any other solution. What ended up fixing this was selling their beds and replacing them with the Sharper Sims Super Sleeper from the Sim Store. Unfortunately, this meant I needed to teach the last non-immortal how to make the new beds unbreakable.

Skipping to the teen years, Pamela went right to work supermaxing sculpting and doing the career associated with it while Domingo, her father and final non-immortal, went to each jail cell and made each of the super sleeper beds unbreakable. If the beds break, the immortals can't sleep and I frankly can't stand seeing an orange background behind my sims. I also bought Change Lifetime Wish on Pamela so that I could immediately give her the LTW I wanted instead of waiting until Young Adult. Due to all the properties I already owned, Living in the Lap of Luxury completed itself automatically. Liquid Job Boosters allowed Pamela to max the career while still a teenager.

Not much else can be said about Pamela. Once she hit Young Adult, all she needed to do was finish supermaxing sculpting and wait for Domingo to join the White Ghost Clan, which happened during the ice sculpture challenge anyway. With the eighth slot open and sculpting supermaxed, Pamela was now free to get pregnant with the final generation of the dynasty. I had Jack summon a young adult this time since age really doesn't matter, made them best friends with the transmogrifier since setting them to partners doesn't put them at best friend level, and proceeded to woohoo in the shower after a couple of kisses.

Care for baby, teach the eighth generation to drive once he hits teen, wait for elder, portrait, six best friends with social networking, ambrosia, next.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Done--
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »

Oliver Evans -- Eighth Generation

Lifetime Wish: The Culinary Librarian
Career: Culinary
Supermax: Mixology
Lifetime Rewards: Better Mixologist, No Jealousy, Fertility Treatment
Real Estate: The Warehouse, Perfect Paradise Pool
Opportunities: Research Project, The Boiler Room, All-New Bi-Pedal Dishwashing Machine, Learn a Recipe, The Politician's Ball, Big Business Mixer
Best Friends: Jerrod Galindo, Kelley O'Hara, Shea Shaffer, Cedric Hamm, Dustin Wilkerson, Barnaby Numbers

Traits: Couch Potato, Hates the Outdoors, Neat, Natural Cook, Perfectionist, Hates the Outdoors [Rebel], Over-Emotional [Honorary Degree]

Four males, four females, exactly how I wanted it, exactly like last time. Going into this, the first thing I said to myself was "man am I going to be glad to get rid of that nursery once he grows up." Sure enough, once Oliver became a child, everything in the nursery had to go. So long stereo blasting tunes to give the babies music moodlets. So long toddler swing that became too much effort for me to care about. It was pretty hard to allow myself to get rid of a perfectly good fireproof fireplace though.

I decided in advance that Oliver was going to do the cooking career, but because Jack banned cooking way back when the dynasty started, Oliver needed to supermax something else. If you'll notice on the past immortal's real estates that no two properties are the same type (hangouts, parks, etc.) I had been preparing a mixology immortal since the very beginning by doing this. My goal was to make sure Oliver would be able to complete the Professor of Drinks challenge no matter what. If worse came to worse though, Oliver is the last immortal which means he has permission to buy every single property in Lucky Palms if he wanted. Having four million dollars in the household, I became very tempted to do just that. I haven't even discussed the cooking skill itself. Oliver bought a child's oven and maxed out children's cooking on it so that he can get a headstart on his lifetime wish, The Culinary Librarian. With enough expansion packs installed, you only need to level the skill to around 8 or 9 and that's if you don't buy recipes from the bookstore.

Before beginning Oliver's supermax, I had him buy a lifetime wish change into The Culinary Librarian, then downed a wish enhancing serum and got to work on that LTW. I also made sure to hire a maid because supermaxing mixology leads to lots and lots of dirty glasses. It can be such a mess that they often have to send two maids and it's still not enough. The good news is that if the house still isn't clean by a certain time, all of the dirty glasses and dishes will phase out of existence. Anyone who has supermaxed the skill before knows how tedious it can be. You're required to make a set of drinks a minimum of 125 times, tag team with another sim to get the serving challenge done, and if that's not enough, you need to either have the Bridgeport buildings in your neighborhood or put professional mixology bars on a bunch of properties. This requires actually owning the property to begin with.

Regardless of which option you choose, supermaxing mixology is impossible as a teenager because they're too young for the Master Mixologist challenge. It requires the "tend the bar" interaction, which teenagers cannot do. What's surprising is that Oliver was still allowed to go to various properties with bars installed and learn the drinks there. The rest of Oliver's teen years were spent bar hopping for drink recipes because that just so happened to be possible. Once he hit young adult, Oliver didn't have to worry about curfew anymore, allowing him to stay longer and get more shots at learning the recipes. A couple of days were dedicated to tending the bar and having Pamela order drinks until Oliver served her 60 times. All that was needed now was for Oliver to max a career and get his opportunities done.

For those wanting to supermax mixology: These were the properties that gave Oliver the drinks needed to finish the challenge: Large Park, Pool, Art Museum, Graveyard, Hangout. If I'm missing any, then try the alchemy consignment store.

Because Culinary requires that you befriend your boss and co-workers, Sean found a use for the first time since his young adult years. I had Oliver buy some ingredients for potent friendship elixirs, had Sean make them, and then made Oliver throw them at his boss and co-workers. With that taken care of, the rest of the dynasty was left on autopilot, checking back to make sure work hard is set as the work tone and all messages like date requests, chatting on the phones, etc. are exitted out of. The immortals managed to get even dumber and lose the ability to use the laptops in their inventory on their own which meant no more raising social autonomously, but that was easily by fixed by simply taking the laptops out of their inventories and putting it on the tables they eat on.

Once Oliver had hit level 10 in the Culinary career, I had him take 5 days of unpaid time off, then locked him in his cell until elder. With no one else to look over anymore, the rest of the dynasty went by pretty quickly. Once Oliver finally ended his adult years and joined the elder clan, he got his portrait painted, his six best friends set up via Jack's social networking skills, and it was ambrosia time for the last time in this dynasty.

Ladies and gentlemen, this dynasty is now complete.

JessieJJJ

Re: The Evans Storyless Immortal Jail --Done--
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2013, 01:24:22 PM »
Congratulations on finishing!  :) I hope it gets HOF!!!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »
Congratulations on finishing!  I'll be sending you a message soon enough and I'm moving this over to completed section.

And did I ever tell you about how you inspired me recently? 

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
I got a few more screenshots to take, mainly shots of the museum for proof, the prisoners--I mean immortals all together, and I need to tally up the museum worth. Will edit this post with the details.

Edit: Glad to hear that Rica

Edit #2: Here are the final statistics and a few screenshots.

This dynasty was completed on Week 51, Day 3

The total value of the museum is $174,255

Here's a screenshot of all of the immortals together. Front row is Jack (Founder), Daniel (Second Generation), Sean (Third Generation), and Michelle (Fourth Generation). Back row is Rachel (Fifth Generation), Valerie (Sixth Generation), Pamela (Seventh Generation), and Oliver (Eighth Generation)

And finally, as a bonus, here's a shot of all the immortals eating Ambrosia in their jail cells.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
Congratulations!  I greatly enjoyed reading about your nuts and bolts approach to the immortal dynasty challenge and I'm so happy you were able to complete it.  Your jail concept was definitely an inspiration to me.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2013, 02:46:15 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »
Yay! Congratulations!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »
Congratulations!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2013, 11:26:42 PM »
Congrats! Great job! Your jail idea is genius! Bravo!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2013, 03:47:03 AM »
Rica mentioned Jail cells to me when I was having a problem with my immortals recently, now I know what she meant, brilliant plan but not sure I could do it myself. I like free range sims  ;D

Congratulations on finishing.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2013, 04:46:58 AM »
Well done! You are an inspiration and a hero :D

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
Thanks everybody, I'm really sorry for the two breaks I had to take during the dynasty but sanity had to be restored. If I had to hear that school cheer one more time, I was going to flip.

Fingers crossed, the rest is up to the challenge moderators.