Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Gheez - Fayre n Square
2 (3.5%)
Neashaleigh - Freddie's Flea Markets
6 (10.5%)
Ladybug53 - Maplewood Open Air Market
6 (10.5%)
RaiaDraconis - Cherry Hill Marketplace
10 (17.5%)
Gogowars329 - Lucky Open Markets
8 (14%)
EdwardHuang -Falls Flea Markets
4 (7%)
Odinsdottir - East Street Market
7 (12.3%)
Vinyl - Icicle Market Square
7 (12.3%)
Ombradellarosa - Hometown Farmers Market
7 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: April 29, 2013, 02:23:21 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayhem  (Read 5653 times)

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
Re: Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayhem
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 06:24:53 AM »
I'm sorry, I have only done one other contest... when and where do we vote? Many thanks.
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 06:34:48 AM »
I'm sorry, I have only done one other contest... when and where do we vote? Many thanks.

The people in charge of the building contests will put a poll up on this page, then you can vote for up to three entries.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »
The poll is now up, sorry about the delay. It's been a hectic time for me lately.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayham - April 7, 2013 - April 10, 2013
    RaiaDraconis!

Congratulations to RaiaDraconis! You can download the winning entry here: Cherry Hill Marketplace.

RaiaDraconis's Comment:

"Wow. I am absolutely blown away by this. There were so many amazing entries, and everyone had such fun and diverse ways of meeting the challenge. Thank you so much—I am truly honored!

I tried to give the venue a sort of renaissance faire feel to it. I've always loved the ambiance in places like that, plenty of places to shop and plenty of space to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. The lot size constraint proved to be my biggest hurdle. I wanted to add so much more (namely topography), but in the end simplicity was the key, and overall I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Many thanks to LilyGirl, Ausette, and samoht04 for coming up with such an enjoyable challenge!"

This thread is now open for comments!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »
Congratulations RaiaDraconis ! Your entry was purely amazing . I love all the beautiful landscaping you did . A great place for the whole family to enjoy .  A big thank you to samoht04, Lilygirl and Ausette for giving us such a wonderful and fun contest .

I'm open for comments on my entry .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 05:46:18 PM »
Congratulations Raia! I loved your marketplace, so bright and cheerful. Thank you to samoht, Lilygirl and Ausette for yet another amazing contest and thanks to the eight people who voted for me!

I am open to comments on my build.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »
Congrats RaiaDraconis!  Such a lovely market.  This was a fun contest with such a tight budget!  Amazing entries from everyone.  As always I'm open to comments on my entry.

Ladybug53 - I liked the autumnal feel to your market.  Your use of fencing and flowersboxes was great, and I love the bench/chess/flowers in the centre of the square.  Really nice build.

Gogowars329 - I was impressed with how very Lucky Palms your market felt.  A very creative use of building shapes and shells turned out something that fit so well in its intended world.  Very nice work putting together a mish-mash of chairs and items to give it a flea market/used goods sort of vibe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 12:55:43 AM »
Congratulations to you, Raia. I thought your build was very pretty. The cherry trees everywhere looked so peaceful.

I am open to comments on my build as well. It was my first time entering a building contest! Very intimidating but fun.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 03:56:26 AM »
Thank you samoht04, Lilygirl and Ausette for this awesome challenge. I started 4 builds, tore my hair out and didn't manage to finish a single one - community lots just isn't my thing, but thanks to all the great builders in our community I don't have to be. I can just download all these great entries and my sims can shop till they drop. My only problem is where to put them...

@ladybug- I liked how you used the fence to border the lot. The entrance was great and I liked how you included both eating contests. Also, the whole lot had a very clean and crisp feel but with warm colors. Over all a great build!

@Gogo - your market was the closest to what I myself was trying to build - it's like we were sharing a mind ::) I love the hap dash feel of it, of sims just coming in and setting up their stall for the day. I think the roof of the stage is great. And I love the miss-matched feel of it all!

@Vinyl- I think you had a great story for your lot, and the picture with the "isicles" really sold me on it. I would be perfect to visit in winter. Your stage looks great with that ornate roof, it really is the main focus of the lot.

@omradellarosa- My favorite part about your lot is the bar seating around the Batista counter. That was a clever.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 10:00:05 AM »
@ Gogowars329 - Very nice setting for your entry . I love all the different furniture used to give in a flea market feeling . It's great to see all your sims in action enjoying their outing . You have something for the whole family to enjoy . I love your style ! Great entry !  :)

@ Vinyl - Your entry just blew me away . I love all the amazing work you've put into your roofs . I found it was brilliant . Your winter scene is just spectacular . Love your stage area . Great entry !  :)

@ ombradellarosa - Your entry looks just like the one in my neighborhood by the shore . I love all the variety of booths you have for everyone to enjoy . Great entry !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »
Thanks so much. This was a lot of fun and a great excuse to go crazy with trees. Can you tell I've been working on landscaping? :P

@ Gogowars - I loved your build! Like Vinyl said, it fit in with Lucky Palms perfectly, like it just belongs there with the rest of the buildings.

@ Ladybug - The simple, clean lines and symmetrical nature of your build were very striking. I greatly enjoyed the simplicity of it all.

@ Vinyl - Your entry was just plain fun. The roof design was very eye-catching, and believe me, if I had the other expansions, I would be downloading this one even for that part alone. ;)

@ ombradellarosa - Yours reminded me so much of a flea market that I once went to as a child. And your description I believe says it all--the simplicity really is part of its charm.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »
Congrats RaiaDraconis! Very nice indeed.

I love all the pink trees bordering it. So lovely!

I'd appreciate feedback on my entry :)

*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio