Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Gheez - Fayre n Square
2 (3.5%)
Neashaleigh - Freddie's Flea Markets
6 (10.5%)
Ladybug53 - Maplewood Open Air Market
6 (10.5%)
RaiaDraconis - Cherry Hill Marketplace
10 (17.5%)
Gogowars329 - Lucky Open Markets
8 (14%)
EdwardHuang -Falls Flea Markets
4 (7%)
Odinsdottir - East Street Market
7 (12.3%)
Vinyl - Icicle Market Square
7 (12.3%)
Ombradellarosa - Hometown Farmers Market
7 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: April 29, 2013, 02:23:21 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayhem  (Read 11151 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayhem
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 05:46:18 PM »
Congratulations Raia! I loved your marketplace, so bright and cheerful. Thank you to samoht, Lilygirl and Ausette for yet another amazing contest and thanks to the eight people who voted for me!

I am open to comments on my build.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »
Congrats RaiaDraconis!  Such a lovely market.  This was a fun contest with such a tight budget!  Amazing entries from everyone.  As always I'm open to comments on my entry.

Ladybug53 - I liked the autumnal feel to your market.  Your use of fencing and flowersboxes was great, and I love the bench/chess/flowers in the centre of the square.  Really nice build.

Gogowars329 - I was impressed with how very Lucky Palms your market felt.  A very creative use of building shapes and shells turned out something that fit so well in its intended world.  Very nice work putting together a mish-mash of chairs and items to give it a flea market/used goods sort of vibe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 12:55:43 AM »
Congratulations to you, Raia. I thought your build was very pretty. The cherry trees everywhere looked so peaceful.

I am open to comments on my build as well. It was my first time entering a building contest! Very intimidating but fun.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 03:56:26 AM »
Thank you samoht04, Lilygirl and Ausette for this awesome challenge. I started 4 builds, tore my hair out and didn't manage to finish a single one - community lots just isn't my thing, but thanks to all the great builders in our community I don't have to be. I can just download all these great entries and my sims can shop till they drop. My only problem is where to put them...

@ladybug- I liked how you used the fence to border the lot. The entrance was great and I liked how you included both eating contests. Also, the whole lot had a very clean and crisp feel but with warm colors. Over all a great build!

@Gogo - your market was the closest to what I myself was trying to build - it's like we were sharing a mind ::) I love the hap dash feel of it, of sims just coming in and setting up their stall for the day. I think the roof of the stage is great. And I love the miss-matched feel of it all!

@Vinyl- I think you had a great story for your lot, and the picture with the "isicles" really sold me on it. I would be perfect to visit in winter. Your stage looks great with that ornate roof, it really is the main focus of the lot.

@omradellarosa- My favorite part about your lot is the bar seating around the Batista counter. That was a clever.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 10:00:05 AM »
@ Gogowars329 - Very nice setting for your entry . I love all the different furniture used to give in a flea market feeling . It's great to see all your sims in action enjoying their outing . You have something for the whole family to enjoy . I love your style ! Great entry !  :)

@ Vinyl - Your entry just blew me away . I love all the amazing work you've put into your roofs . I found it was brilliant . Your winter scene is just spectacular . Love your stage area . Great entry !  :)

@ ombradellarosa - Your entry looks just like the one in my neighborhood by the shore . I love all the variety of booths you have for everyone to enjoy . Great entry !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »
Thanks so much. This was a lot of fun and a great excuse to go crazy with trees. Can you tell I've been working on landscaping? :P

@ Gogowars - I loved your build! Like Vinyl said, it fit in with Lucky Palms perfectly, like it just belongs there with the rest of the buildings.

@ Ladybug - The simple, clean lines and symmetrical nature of your build were very striking. I greatly enjoyed the simplicity of it all.

@ Vinyl - Your entry was just plain fun. The roof design was very eye-catching, and believe me, if I had the other expansions, I would be downloading this one even for that part alone. ;)

@ ombradellarosa - Yours reminded me so much of a flea market that I once went to as a child. And your description I believe says it all--the simplicity really is part of its charm.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »
Congrats RaiaDraconis! Very nice indeed.

I love all the pink trees bordering it. So lovely!

I'd appreciate feedback on my entry :)

*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything