Author Topic: Building Contest 2013-6 Dream Dorms: Legitimate Business Dormitory  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
Legitimate Business Dormitory - (Dormitory)
Lot Size: 40x40
Lot Value: $149,993
Suggested Placement: 531 S Bend Ave, University World
Content Used: All Expansions
Number of Bed Spaces: 8
Number of Bathrooms: 3
Description: The School of Legitimate Business & Other Serious Studies converted this former office building into a dormitory for its students.  It has everything an ambitious student needs to get ahead in the world of legitimate business.  The old call centre serves as a quiet study hall where students can focus on their assignments.  Students can make contacts and develop relationships in the school spirit atrium on the main floor.  When they need a pick me up they can mix up a drink, grill up some lunch, or grab a quick bite from the barista bar.* 

The School of Legitimate Business & Other Serious Studies encourages its students to develop their bodies as well as their minds.  On the second floor there's a gym with a wide variety of activities to help train everything from muscles to reflexes.  Sometimes students need to simply relax and set aside the strenuous curriculum of legitimate business studies, which is why there's a cosmic black light bowling alley and lounge in the basement.  Other forms of relaxation include enjoying a toasty bonfire out back under the gaze of friendly Pyrosaurus Wrex, official mascot of the School of Legitimate Business & Other Serious Studies.**  Students can even study the stars up on the roof using new state of the art telescopes.*** 

Modern accommodations provide everything a student requires.  They can brush up on their charisma while brushing their teeth in the co-ed washrooms.  Each student gets a private room where they can rest after a busy day of learning.  Enrollment is always ongoing, so don't hesitate a moment longer - contact the School of Legitimate Business & Other Serious Studies and sign up today!

*The School of Legitimate Business & Other Serious Studies expresses condolences and good wishes to Roasted Toasted Beans as they deal with the aftermath of a recent burglary.
**The School of Legitimate Business & Other Serious Studies expresses condolences and good wishes to Cambrian College as they deal with the aftermath of a recent burglary.
***The School of Legitimate Business & Other Serious Studies expresses condolences and good wishes to Solaris Planetarium as they deal with the aftermath of a recent burglary.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
Re: Building Contest 2013-6 Dream Dorms: Legitimate Business Dormitory
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:34:30 PM »
As requested, overhead shots of each floor.

Basement, black lights are off.

The floor and wall colours were supposed to match the various team colours.  Also, I apparently was heavy handed with the bathrooms.

Gym floor, with real athletic equipment and as many hidden skill building objects space and budget would allow

Dorm rooms.  Originally they were two large rooms with four beds each, but they were partitioned hastily when I thought each bedroom had to be separate (and also defeated my plan for a keg in every single room).  I recommend knocking down the dividing walls for even easier pathing (and also so kegs are in every single room again!).  There are also many bathrooms here.

Study floor.  Phones aren't allowed on community lots - originally there was one on every desk for a real call centre vibe.  Yet more bathrooms.

Useable roof.  Has a keg but no bathrooms.

Full lot.  I couldn't resist a permanently parked police car outside in the parking lot.  Seemed appropriate for the keg/criminal training/(bathroom?) situation.

If anyone needs any further pics of anything or has any questions don't hesitate to let me know!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.