Author Topic: The Flower Children, Try 2 - Part 36 - As Long As I Can Have You  (Read 4917 times)

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
Well, the good news is I think I know what messed up my file last time and I should be able to avoid similar issues in the future. On we go again with my dear Rose!

Prelude

“Ismelda!!”

I stopped typing to go to Rose, my darling fey child. At times like this I wish she would call me Mom, but I know that will never happen. I went into her bedroom to see what she was calling me about, had she had a nightmare?

I sat in the rocker as she was getting out of bed, too excited to sit still. “Ismelda! I had a dream! I was married, older, so much was different!” She paced into the living room, excitement pouring off of her. “What was different Rose?” Curiosity and dread were both overwhelming me. Tomorrow was Rose’s young adult birthday, the day my girl would most likely leave me forever.

“I lived on a lovely lot, in a different town. I had a husband, a son. I had started on a career as a chef, plans for a garden. My life was moving ahead Ismelda and it was amazing.”

I held back my tears at the idea that this was it, things were set. The young woman I had watched grow up from being a pink-wrapped baby was going to spread her wings and fly on her own. “How did you feel in this life, this dream Rose?”

She thought about it for a moment. “Safe. Completely secure. I felt like I was surrounded by magic, like anything was possible.” I was happy for Rose, but still sad that she would be leaving me. Her arms wrapped around me in a hug. ”Tomorrow is my birthday Ismelda. ” I hugged my girl back, and the words left my mouth before I could think. “You don’t have to go, you know that. If you decide you want to stay here I’d be happy with that too.”

“I know Ismelda. But I’m not scared anymore. Great things are ahead of me. I think.. I want to have my cake early in the morning and go ahead. I love you Ismelda. You have done so much for me, raised me, you and my aunts and uncles taught me all I know. The day you adopted me was the luckiest day of my life.”

“Where are you planning to go Rose? I know you’ve been looking at the different towns in the Simverse.” Her answer came without hesitation. “Riverview. I like the look of Riverview, it looks nice and peaceful. I’d better go on back to bed now so that I can get an early start.” She kissed me and went back to bed.

I went back to my computer to write this. Rose, I hope that one day you will read this and think of me. I want you to be successful in all of your dreams.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
Re: The Flower Children, Try 2
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:02:09 PM »
Oh good, Rose is back!

This looks amazing. Well done honeylamb :)
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:19:07 PM »

Hard to go wrong with a flower theme! You'd think male flower names would be hard, but you pulled it off last time with "Jonquil". Anyway, good luck with your restart!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
Well, the good news is I think I know what messed up my file last time and I should be able to avoid similar issues in the future. On we go again with my dear Rose!

Can you tell us about what it is, honeylamb? Maybe it can be help us when face a similar problem or at least can avoided that.

--- Back to Topic ---

I'll be reading this. That's a nice prelude, honeylamb.
And thank you for not abandoning Rose. Good luck!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 11:53:13 PM »
Oh good, Rose is back!

This looks amazing. Well done honeylamb :)

Thank you Pyro! I'm glad you're enjoying my stories :)

Hard to go wrong with a flower theme! You'd think male flower names would be hard, but you pulled it off last time with "Jonquil". Anyway, good luck with your restart!

I'm hoping for another stunning little one in this try, but we'll all find out :) If I get lucky enough to get a similar-looking little boy then I may name him Jonquil again, if not I do have other ideas. I already have a name for Gen 8, so I simply have to get that far.

Can you tell us about what it is, honeylamb? Maybe it can be help us when face a similar problem or at least can avoided that.

--- Back to Topic ---

I'll be reading this. That's a nice prelude, honeylamb.
And thank you for not abandoning Rose. Good luck!

Thanks Eldridge :) I'm enjoying writing this. 

-Off Topic Sorta-
The problem started when I had a few things happen that meant I had my game paused for about 3 hours. After that it got really laggy and then the next time I tried to play it refused to load at all. So If I think it may be a bit before I can get back to the game, I save and quit. Lesson learned.

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 11:56:44 PM »
Welcome Home

Home Sweet Home
   Standing on this lot, I feel like I’ve come home. I don’t understand that since this is the first time I’ve been away from home in my life. I miss Ismelda. I know that this is what I wanted, but I miss her. She’s not alone though, she has the other Elders with her. It feels strange to be at home on this empty lot. This is where I belong though, I know it deep in my bones.

People here are so friendly, it’s amazing! The paper boy said hello to me first thing. He’s glad someone lives on this lot now. I also met the mascot for the local University. It sounds tempting, but I don’t think I’m ready for that much new stuff. I’m not used to being around a lot of people yet. I feel like someone’s watching me, but I don’t see anyone. I’m disappointed about that but I can’t say why. I feel like I should be meeting someone right now, I don’t know who, I don’t know why.

Let’s see, newspaper… Perfect! One of the local restaurants is looking for a kitchen scullion. Since I don’t start for a couple of days, I’m going to go enroll in a cooking class. That’s also a good way to meet people.

The diner is in a crowded area. This was a good idea though. After class, I met a young man in front of the diner and decided to say hi. We hit it off right away and became good friends. We have a lot in common, we’re both friendly people, we want families, we both love cooking. We’re good friends now, and he surprised me by asking me if he and his wife could move in with me. His name is Aiden Jones, and his wife is a lovely young lady named Hannah.

This makes me feel closer to home already. I’m surrounding myself with a family of my choosing. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Re: The Flower Children, Try 2 - Part 1
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »
-Off Topic Sorta-
The problem started when I had a few things happen that meant I had my game paused for about 3 hours. After that it got really laggy and then the next time I tried to play it refused to load at all. So If I think it may be a bit before I can get back to the game, I save and quit. Lesson learned.
Thank you for sharing it with us :D

--- back to topic ---

Aah, I know that face! Riverview~~
I always meet that couple (Aiden and Hannah) when I playing in other game.
It's a great start, honeylamb! I love how you take a different route than before. I can't wait to see more! Keep posting!

My Stories:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »
Sorry to hear about your game problems. Here's to no more game problems and making it to the 8th immortal, good luck!

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:33 PM »
   It feels good to be able to cook for other people. I’ve always been at home in the kitchen and had a gift for cooking.

Right after breakfast, Aiden announced that there was something he’d always wanted to do but never had the chance. He wanted to go fishing. Hannah and I giggled a little as he left. Neither can imagine Aiden with a pole in his hand somehow. Since Aiden was going out, I suggested to Hannah that she may want a new look to go with her new life. I mean, Hannah is sweet but that dress really does not suit her at all. She dresses like one of the Elders!

Aiden went straight to work from the river where he’d been fishing. He smiled when he saw Hannah and he had his own transformation.

I got an opportunity while I was at work to take a meal to Ms. Newbie for a group. It turned out she’s one of my coworkers. I didn’t recognize her because as soon as I walked into the door at work I was promoted to spice runner. She loved the meal I made her. We talked for a while when I went there to drop it off and we’re friends now too.

I figured that while everything’s going so well I’d get Hannah a present too. I’ so glad she loves it!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Re: The Flower Children, Try 2 - Part 2
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 10:36:12 PM »
I mean, Hannah is sweet but that dress really does not suit her at all. She dresses like one of the Elders!
I'm smiling when I read this one :P

I do love when you have a makeover for Hannah and Aiden! They looks lovely and cute. I almost can't recognize them :o

My Stories:

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
Re: The Flower Children, Try 2 - Part 2
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 01:18:44 AM »
I'm smiling when I read this one :P

I do love when you have a makeover for Hannah and Aiden! They looks lovely and cute. I almost can't recognize them :o

Mission accomplished then :D

OK, I couldn't wait!! *happy dance*

Aiden decided this morning that he wanted to fish for a living instead of working at the science center. Hannah isn’t quite ready to take that kind of plunge, though she is considering a change of her own.

I had the day off, so after I made breakfast for everyone I stepped outside. There it was again, that feeling of someone watching me.

I stepped toward the road, and I saw him. “Come here,” he yelled and then he ran up to his house. I didn’t think, I just did as he had said. “Come in out of the rain before you get sick” I touched his hand for a moment and he stopped. He looked into my eyes, neither of us moving.

He swallowed hard and stepped into the house; he clearly expected me to follow him. “You’re Jon, right?” He looked surprised. “Yes I am, do I know you from somewhere? I feel like I know you.” I shook my head slowly. “I just moved here.”   “I’d have sworn I was seeing a ghost when I saw you across the street.” I couldn’t help it; I felt the same way, like I’d already known him forever. I kissed him.

We talked for hours about everything. He told me that he had graduated from art school, which surprised me a bit. “Why are you a musician and not an artist?” He looked a little surprised. “I love music too, so I just decided to play. These days though, I’d love to take up painting again.”

I asked him if he wanted to be my boyfriend. What a weird thing to ask, since Jon felt more like the missing part of my soul than any kind of friend. He said yes.

Keeping this moving, I asked him in the next breath to marry me. There had never been a doubt in my mind that he would say yes.

Jon looked surprised when I asked him if he wanted to look at the stars with me. The day had been rainy but the night was breathtakingly beautiful. “The stars aren’t like your home, will you be all right?” His concern touched my heart. “As long as I’m with you, I’ll be fine.”

As we got up from looking at the sea of stars in the night sky, I asked Jon to just marry me here and now. I know he’s older than I am, I know I won’t have him to grow old with. I also know beyond any shadow of a doubt that I belong with this man.

We went home and I cooked dinner. Aiden and Hannah were already in bed. I’ll tell them the good news in the morning, for tonight I just want to sleep beside the man of my dreams.

Watcher’s Note: Here is Jon’s makeover.

Is it me or does he look younger now?

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Re: The Flower Children, Try 2 - Part 3
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »
I'm happy that Rose and Jon reunited again in this story (^_^)/

Hmm, yea... He is look younger but he's look different lol. I won't know that it was him if you didn't tell me lol.

It was just me or there is something else. I feel there's something different in your way to do storytelling. The way you do now is more richer and add more feel to the story itself. I'm really enjoying this. Good job :)

My Stories:

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
What a quick relationship! Luckily sims don't mind if they marry someone they met a few hours ago ;)
Jon's makeover look great, but it's a little...different than before. I still like it though!
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »
So happy to see Ms Rose come back. I like the approach you took this time around I have bookmarked you and will follow Ms Rose's story

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 10:57:34 PM »
I'm happy that Rose and Jon reunited again in this story (^_^)/

Hmm, yea... He is look younger but he's look different lol. I won't know that it was him if you didn't tell me lol.

It was just me or there is something else. I feel there's something different in your way to do storytelling. The way you do now is more richer and add more feel to the story itself. I'm really enjoying this. Good job :)

Thank you! I'm getting back into the swing of story telling, I'm glad it shows.

What a quick relationship! Luckily sims don't mind if they marry someone they met a few hours ago ;)
Jon's makeover look great, but it's a little...different than before. I still like it though!

I though he came out well this time too. Last time I just couldn't find another hair that suited him. Gotta love hopeless romantic sims and the whirlwind courtships. They still constantly pop wishes for each other, everything from holding hands to Woo Hoo!

So happy to see miss Rose come back. I like the approach you took this time around i have bookmarked you and will follow Ms Rose's story

Thanks shaunta! Patience will be rewarded. Life's just a bit hectic right now. Classes, moving, being sick, one of these days I'll have more time for my poor neglected Sims again!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 11:13:55 PM »
Yay, for you honeylamb!

I will wait patiently, until you can update your story again.
To be honest, I'm missed your story so much. I will be sad if there's no continuation.
Well, take care of yourself there :D

My Stories:

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 06:17:41 PM »
Yay, for you honeylamb!

I will wait patiently, until you can update your story again.
To be honest, I'm missed your story so much. I will be sad if there's no continuation.
Well, take care of yourself there :D

Thank you Eldridge. This update is a bit short but I don't want my picture files to get confused. I'm hoping to have another update tonight for you.

Love is in the air!

Hannah decided that she hasn’t been spending enough time with Aiden. “I wasn’t entirely sure when you told me that we were moving in with Rose, Aiden. But you were right.”

Aiden was happy that Hannah felt that way. He had been afraid that his wife was unhappy here. “I’m glad we came here too hun. I’m glad I decided to be a fisherman. I’m enjoying getting to spend time outside and work the hours I choose so I can spend time with you.”

“Since we’re both happy and secure here… I want to have a Nooboo. I want our family to grow.”

Later in the day, Rose and Jon were having a similar conversation. “Jon, I want us to have a Nooboo now. I don’t want to wait until you’re an Elder, that’s just too hard.”

Jon sighed. He couldn’t argue with her logic though. Rose decided to get his spirits up. “Pillow fight?”

After the fun, Rose jumped into his arms. Jon took her into the bedroom so they could try for their Nooboo… once or twice…

After all the... fun, Rose looked into her husband's eyes. "I love you Jon." Jon held her close in answer. "I love you too Rose Eidolon. I always will."

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
Re: The Flower Children, Try 2 - Part 4
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
Yay! There back! I'm late, but hey, blame the forum for not letting me see the forums :D
I loved all the chapters

P.S. Why is it that on both of your attempts I came on the 4th part? :P

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
I love to see you again, honeylamb! Welcome back!
How I miss your story so much ^^

Several times try for a nooboo screenie, just too funny too see for me. That was nice to left someone laughing ;D
Well, I can't wait to see Jon & Rose + Aiden & Hannah toddler in next installment! :D

My Stories:

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
Yay! There back! I'm late, but hey, blame the forum for not letting me see the forums :D
I loved all the chapters

P.S. Why is it that on both of your attempts I came on the 4th part? :P

I have no idea Ella, but I'm glad to see you again :)

I love to see you again, honeylamb! Welcome back!
How I miss your story so much ^^

Several times try for a nooboo screenie, just too funny too see for me. That was nice to left someone laughing ;D
Well, I can't wait to see Jon & Rose + Aiden & Hannah toddler in next installment! :D

Well, we have one more slightly confusing update, but this should be the last one!

Hannah was cheerful as she worked at her alchemy station. Working at the newspaper was really a drag. She wanted to be able to be at home with her family.

She was slightly startled as Rose ran past her, through her bedroom and into the bathroom. What was she… oh. The sounds of someone being sick floated through the open door. Maybe time to clean out the fridge?

Aiden grumbled to himself as he scrubbed in the emergency shower. Another failed chemical reaction!! The music of KillSim Engage came over the wall, expressing his mood exactly. Visitors always looked a little taken aback at the shower in the middle of the living room, but there was NO WAY Aiden was giving it up!

“Let’s take a picture love.” “Jon, we’re in Aiden and Hannah’s room!” “So? Love doesn’t have a time or place…Now say cheese!” “Gouda!!”

I felt a strange sensation take over me as I watched Aiden eat the food I’d prepared. I try to keep a variety of food prepared so that there’s always something for everyone. This is my family now and I want them to be happy.

With a gasp I knew what the odd feeling had been. I was going to have a Nooboo!!

I was excited as I went to tell Jon the good news. “Jon, there’s a bun in the oven!”

He grabbed me and kissed me really fast. “You remembered to set the timer, right love?”

“No silly! I mean we’re going to have a Nooboo!!”

I found Hannah a little while later in the bathroom, looking sad. “I guess we’re not having a Nooboo yet.” “That’s all right love, there’s no reason we can’t try again, is there?”

I kissed her. I wanted to show her that she was the woman for me, Nooboo or not. She was so beautiful. “Aiden.. can we try again now?” I took her hand and led her to our bedroom.

The next morning, the three of us were working on our own little projects while Rose was reading everything she could find on being pregnant and having Nooboos. For such a smart woman, having a Nooboo is really making her nervous.

After Jon and Rose went to bed, my dear wife had a surprise of her own. “We really need to get that fridge looked at,” I heard her mutter as she raced for the bathroom.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Re: The Flower Children, Try 2 - Part 5
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »
Yay! Another update!

Humm... doing alchemy can make you singed? like when you do something about potion-making thing?
This is quite new for me. Oooh! I can't wait to see the nooboo, eh no! The toddler! Yay!

My Stories:

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 11:47:07 PM »
Yay! Another update!

Humm... doing alchemy can make you singed? like when you do something about potion-making thing?
This is quite new for me. Oooh! I can't wait to see the nooboo, eh no! The toddler! Yay!

Oh no, not the Alchemy. Aiden uses the chemistry table beside the easel :)

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »
can't wait to see the nooboos! I loved the part when it said:

"Say cheese!" "Gouda!"

Offline honeylamb

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »
can't wait to see the nooboos! I loved the part when it said:

"Say cheese!" "Gouda!"

:) I'm glad! I just - had - to put that in.

Nooboo!

Hannah
I decided to take a walk. The evening air was clear and pleasant and felt wonderful. I felt twitchy but had no idea why. Until…

Oh. A Nooboo! I have to get home and tell Aiden the good news. I was worried that something was wrong. It feels good to know that I was worried for nothing. Now I need to tell Aiden… right after I do this…

Rose
   The guys are working on their projects. I have no idea what Aiden is up to, but Jon is painting a portrait of me. I can’t believe how quickly it’s coming along.

It’s good to see Hannah back home, safe and sound. It feels like it’s been forever since she and I have been able to just talk. She’s the sister I never had. I had just congratulated her on her impending Nooboo, and was about to give her my pregnancy books when…

Here comes the Nooboo! My dream was accurate, this hurts! I’m excited though, I’m about to hold my Nooboo in my arms. I need to make sure I remember to give Hannah those books though, she’s freaking out!

I’d really hoped that the dream I had before I came to Riverview was wrong. I didn’t want to believe that bringing a Nooboo into the world was so painful.

Finally, Hannah calmed down, just in time for Aiden to realize what was going on and start freaking out himself. Note to self: Make sure Aiden reads the pregnancy books too! Fortunately for my nerves he decided to go to bed pretty quickly.

Not much after Aiden went to bed the sparkles came. I was so happy to see them, to welcome my Nooboo into the world.

Welcome home, Jonquil Eidolon!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Re: The Flower Children, Try 2 - Part 6
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 02:35:47 AM »
Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation!

o_O! What is that green thing in the second screenie?
Welcome Jonquil! I can't wait to see him grown as a toddler!

My Stories:

anything