Author Topic: move to graveyard  (Read 951 times)

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
move to graveyard
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:57:43 PM »
Ugh this file is corrupted. I have tried EVERYTHING. Yes even Save As. Only on that file does it freeze and say an unexpected error has occurred. Thanks to all those who have read, really appreciate it.
Ginelle 

Offline Jade

• Townie
  • be your own kind of beautiful. :)
    • Blessed Curse
Re: The Jewel Legacy
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »
Hi! Welcome to the forum. This legacy looks interesting and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Blessed Curse

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." - Corrie Ten Boom

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
The Jewel Legacy - Introduction
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:40:51 PM »
Julia Jewel was born, in Sunset Valley, in the circle of prestigious families: Landgraabs, Altos and Goth (slightly the Bachelor). Julia grew up with her parents never home and the maids asking her if she wanted french toast with a mountain of frosting on top. Ever since Julia was 3, when she saw her best friend Clarice get off her bus and walk to her humble abode, Julia wanted to be a simple person: one who farmed and didn't have so much money that she could buy almost anything she wanted. So one day Julia asked her mother if she could start a small vegetable garden. Her mother stared at her skeptically. She laughed out loud when she realized that Julia was not kidding. Mrs. Jewel quickly stopped laughing when she saw Julia's serious expression. She told her daughter that she had no intention for her own daughter to get her nails dirty. But Julia refused to be deterred and insisted that it would be healthy for her. Mrs. Jewel finally consented and took Julia to the local grocery store where she bought lettuce seeds, an apple tree, and a grape vine.

Mrs. Jewel let Julia sprint over to a small patch of grass near the stone wall fence where her husband told the gardener to rip up all the weeds ("There shouldn't be any weeds." Mrs. Jewel said irritably) and the grass and took a trowel and started digging little holes. She dropped the seeds into each hole and covered the holes with dirt. She watered the plants and ordered the gardener to plant the apple tree in the middle of the yard.

In one year, the tree was blooming, and in the fall there were very red apples. Julia had a sense of pride when she picked the fruit. Something she had nurtured and watered and taken care of hadn't died (unlike her goldfish, Nemo) and tasted delicious. The lettuce was a little brown when she picked them, and a couple grapes had worms in them, but the apples were untouched. The following week brought delicious apple tarts and grape smoothies. After the apple tarts Mrs. Jewel decided it was O.K for Julia to garden.

In the later years when Julia graduated high school, she felt different from everyone else. Everyone had cars while she had a limo. Everyone had guitars while she had a sparkly electric guitar that she rarely played but kept it in the office. Julia had a longing for a simple life. She didn't want to be the rich girl who everyone thought got whatever she wanted. So in the morning she told her mom that she was moving out and taking no charity from her family. She took the money that she had stored in her bank account and left in a sloppy jalopy.

It took a lot of money to take a plane and a train to get to her destination, but she had made it: she had made it to the small town named Twinbrook. She drove the sloppy jalopy down a deserted street and parked in the place where she would build her own future: an empty lot (which cost $14,000).

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »
So sorry about no pictures, but I am trying to figure out if it works with uploading screenshots from Steam (which is where my Sims3 is located) I may be able to type the first chapter today but no promises because I have a band concert later.  ::)

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
Chapter 1- Jewel Legacy
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 08:17:59 PM »
Julia Jewel stood in front of her new lot. All she had with her was a sleeping bag she had bought at the General Good Store and a portable fire pit. As she stared at her new lot, a sense of dread overcame her. She didn't have any where to do her business. And no garden. Julia then quickly jumped in a taxi with the little money she had left ($1,300) and went to the Grocery Store and bought: a umbrella, 3 lettuce seeds, 3 apple seeds, and 1 grape seed. She ran home home just in time to see the paperboy put down a wrinkled and wet newspaper.

"Yeah, they have those waterproof wraps, but still they are soaked!" she said to herself.

Julia had chestnut brown hair, and deep brown eyes. Her hair was pulled back with a scrunchy and she wore a cheap t-shirt with jeans and tennis shoes. If you looked closely, you saw SMILE wrinkles around her eyes and she was just 20 years of age.

Julia stepped back and imagined the little cottage she would build for her future life. But first things first. She went to the paper and picked it up. She flipped it open and looked for jobs. She had about $738, not enough to even build a tiny room for a restroom. Political: It had the most income. She waltzed into the doors of the City Hall and filled out an application. When she went home she got a phone call that she had got the job.

And being an excitable coward, she jumped up and down, then realized the horrible possibilities that she would fail on her first day! She bit her nails. What if the boss didn't like her? What if she spilled coffee all over her shirt? What if she left the portable fire pit lit and it set fire to the lot? Worries attacked her ferociously, digging their claws and their teeth into her brain.

Julia lit the fire pit and curled up in her sleeping bag. That night she went to sleep with mosquitoes drinking her blood and nightmares jumping in and out of the recesses of her minds deepest crevices. Julia woke up the next morning with her back killing her. Knowing that she smelled terrible, she ate a quick breakfast of roasted marshmellows, then ran to the town pool to take a quick shower. She heard the tell-tale honk of the carpool to go to work. She sprinted home and jumped in the passenger car door. Her first day of work was beginning.

When she walked out of the City Hall, she was stressed out. Beneath the steps and to the right was the park. The Summer Festival was in town. Men and women were playing soccer. But Julia couldn't pay for the entry so she went home. She sat at the dimming fire and roasted marshmellows until she felt sick to her stomach. She sat down on a lawn chair and stared into the flames. Her parents would certainly not approve of this.

Julia planted the lettuce and apple seeds. The grape she kept so that she could learn first. She weeded and planted weeded watered and planted. And so started the life of Julia Jewel.

Offline Jade

• Townie
    • Blessed Curse
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 12:20:28 PM »
Julia's new life seems very simple, as I'm sure she enjoys. I can't wait to see her begin to build her house and have nooboos! I'm sure she'll make pretty babies. The last picture of the sunrise is very pretty. :) I can't wait for the next installment!
Blessed Curse

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." - Corrie Ten Boom

Louise56

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
Great start! I like your story a lot. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »
Thank You :D
Expect the chapter today

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 05:50:28 PM »
After about a week of the Political job, Julia was pretty sure her boss was about to give her a promotion. Not wanting to disrupt the perfect balance between boss and coworker, she didn't say a word.

After work, Julia ran to the library to look at the children. This isn't stalking! If it were stalking, I would be arrested. The truth is, Julia wanted children of her own. Little things that run and crawl on little feet and clap with chubby hands make the stress of working worthwhile. But Julia knew she needed money to build a house for her future husband, which she was searching for, and children.
She went home and lit the fire and ate a quick "meal" of marshmellows on a stick. Then she went to Twinbrook Community Gardens to see if she happened to fall in love with a man there. She picked the tomatoes and watched a toddler scream. After the garden she ran nextdoor to the pool to take a quick shower since she was dirty as can be.

But Julia was depressed. How could she get enough money in the short amount of time which is Young Adulthood? That night she went to sleep looking at the stars and admiring the house across the street. The light of the fire made her realize that she could not live like this: live like a hobo with nothing but fire.

The next morning she went to work in a daze, undecided about what she would do. No one felt attracted to her, and she did not feel attracted to anyone either. After work she ran over to the library and created an Online Dating Profile. She browsed the profiles, landing on a man named Justin. She thought he was very cute. She couldn't tell if he was a young adult or an adult.

As she turned off the computer, the motherboard exploded and the monitor started to smoke. I might have to pay for it!

A man named Phoenix Prudence introduced himself. Unfortunately, Julia felt no connection to him. She shook hands with him, but then made up an excuse that she must get home.

"Can I come with you?" Phoenix asked.

"Sorry, its.... uh its under construction." she said, then hurried home.

Offline Jade

• Townie
    • Blessed Curse
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 06:09:55 PM »
Ooh, I can't wait to see who this mysterious Justin is! I don't play in Twinbrook that often, so I don't know who he might be. Are you possibly talking about Justin Kayes? I love the picture of Julia staring horror-struck at the computer. I would probably look that way too. ;)
Blessed Curse

Louise56

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 09:13:19 AM »
I feel so sorry for her! And now it started to rain. There is a nice little room to stay at the consignment store in Twinbrook. I always send my poor sims there. I hope she find love soon.

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 12:47:48 PM »
Thanks ! I will check this room out! :)

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 06:33:36 PM »
I'm sorry :( Life happens i will try to do chapter 3 :(  :-[

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
The Jewel Legacy - Chapter 3
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »
Julia groaned with hunger. A week had passed. She still had not been rewarded with a man yet. But she was determined.

She took canned soup out of the fridge from the "Rent-able Room" next to the local consignment shop and slurped it up.

She fell asleep in the cheap bed wondering if she would die as a lonely old woman. Homeless I might add. How dreadful that would be! Her parents were already sending letters, consisting of checks and letters of scorn:
WE TOLD YOU. YOU CAN'T MAKE IT!!!
but we still love you. our little Jewel!

She burned these letters of course. Why didn't they think she could make it? She was born in a rich family, yes, but that does not mean she has to live on crepes with cherries stuffed inside, or maids cleaning every hour.
Then realizing that Thursday (that day) was LEISURE DAY! She groaned. Not enough money to spare for the pool. She decided to go to the library and see if the computer she had broken was okay.
She realized with glee that the computer had been fixed and no one had asked her to give her money up for the repairs. She checked her messages, wondering if the boy named Justin Kayes had replied. But of course not. A man named Juan messaged her saying Hi-ya Cutie. We should get together. Another boy named Buddy was wanting to get together. Justin had not replied.
She sent another message to Justin.
Oh, please, please send me back a positive! She thought.

As she turned off the computer, the man named Juan came in to the library.
"Hiya cutie!" he exclaimed.
"Hi...." she replied uneasily. She had accepted the request from Buddy, but from an elder was strange. She got up from the computer. "I have to go!" I'll see you later!"
Juan stopped her. "Well maybe we should, you know...."
"No!" she yelled.
As she was running out of the building, she ran into Buddy Bailey.
"Hey!" he called.
"Hi!" she called, a grin coming over her lips. "Are you the Buddy who sent me that message?"
"Yup," he said, smiling back.
She went back to the library, him going home. She called him and she talked with him.

"NO WAY! YOU HAVE AN EATING DISORDER?" she said excitedly.
Pretty soon they were best friends. But did she feel attracted?

Offline GinelleGhostgem

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
Computer freaked out and I could not find the other screenshots...sorry :-[

Louise56

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »
I hope she hear from Justin soon! Juan is a little too old for her lol. :P

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: move to graveyard
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:06 AM »
This topic has been moved to the Graveyard. GinelleGhostgem can revive it at any time by contacting a moderator.

anything