Author Topic: *Please send to graveyard* The Almeria Random Town Jump  (Read 22176 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Almeria Random Town Jump; chapter 12
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »
Huh. Marta doesn't seem the Inappropriate type. Overbearing maybe...as poor Goopy found out the hard way. :P They really do make a cute couple. I'm so glad that Carlos and Ariel are together now. Ariel is rather lovely.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 06:19:24 PM »
Huh. Marta doesn't seem the Inappropriate type. Overbearing maybe...as poor Goopy found out the hard way. :P They really do make a cute couple. I'm so glad that Carlos and Ariel are together now. Ariel is rather lovely.

I know, inappropriate is so not her trait, but the random roll never lies...(further along in game she managed to become a romantic interest with another sim when I wasn't watching - darn you flirty kissing inappropriate people. Hopefully it won't have any side effects on her and Goopy's relationship). I'm not going to include it in the story because I don't think Marta meant it to be romantic. It just goes to show I have to watch her like a hawk.

Ariel is great, she has two older sisters that also are very pretty. And I kind of like that she makes Carlos work a little bit...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
I'm glad that Diego is still a part of the family even though he is dead. Congratulations to Marta on completing her degree, getting a trait that doesn't suit her and marrying Goopy.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »
I'm glad that Diego is still a part of the family even though he is dead. Congratulations to Marta on completing her degree, getting a trait that doesn't suit her and marrying Goopy.

Diego will always be part of the family. I was a bit surprised that he took the painting after he finished it, that's never happened for me before. I guess he really wanted a memento of him and Adora.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
....further along in game she managed to become a romantic interest with another sim when I wasn't watching - darn you flirty kissing inappropriate people.
I have the same issue with inappropriate people.. I don't think I have commented yet.. well I just wanted to say I have been reading and I am loving it :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
My name is...
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 02:03:37 PM »
Marta didn't start work until two days later, which was good because she seems to have come down with something.

Goopy has work, and a very swanky outfit.

Look at him cleaning those plates, no wonder Marta finds him irresistible. Maybe she was drawn to the similarity to her father?

Driving to work in the big lemon takes forever. Monte Vista is a town where you need a speedy car, to bad the family can't afford that yet.

So far there has only been male customers at the saloon. Including Goopy's first makeover, which he aced!

Marta found out that she was pregnant. And went on maternity leave without having worked a single day.

She get's § 80 which is really low. Good thing she's still living with the family.

I waited for a woman to show up all afternoon, but when 7 pm came around not a single female sim had shown up. Is this the all male saloon? Goopy is going to have to keep a record. He did another makeover so he's one third to his first promotion.

Once Goopy came home Marta shared the great news.

Marta: We're having a baby!
Goopy: Wow!
Marta: I know, exciting right!
Goopy: How did that happen?
Marta: Remember when I told you about the birds and the bees?
Goopy: Yeah, that was fun. *blushes*
Marta: Well, that's when it happened! And now you are going to be a dad and I'm going to be a mom. The best mom ever!

Marta: Quick, lets make some pictures to commemorate this day. I'll sketch you if you sketch me.
Goopy: Can I move yet?
Marta: No, this isn't going to work. I think you'll have to take your shirt of...

The teens had prom. Carlos went with Ariel and Diana went stag. That guy is not Diana's date, not for lack of trying, but because he already has a girlfriend.

Carlos had a great time with Ariel. They were glued together, had sweet moves on the dance floor and were fetching each other drinks all night long. Carlos was voted prom king, and angered all the chaperoned when he boogied onstage and suggested every one pull a prank.

Diana had a rough night. Getting into two fights and loosing both, being denied for a dance by her crush, falling down on the dance floor and somehow managing to destroy one of the backdrops thereby getting in trouble. She did make prom queen where she tearfully declared all she wanted was world peace.

Now it's Leisure day again. Goopy and Marta jump in the pool as soon as they get up. They want to spend time there before Carlos party started. Carlos had recently decided he wanted to become super popular and Adora had allowed him to spend some of his carefully saved LTH-points on the LTR legendary host. This would be his first party...

Marta was just running to the bathroom to powder her nose before the house was invaded by Carlos guests when...

...the baby is coming!

Carlos: OMG! The baby is coming! My sister is having a baby! Everybody go home my sister is having a baby!
Marta: Cool down Carlos, I'm going to the hospital. This is your first party, and I'm not going to let you ruin it. I'll bring you back a niece of nephew as soon as I'm done.
Random teen guy: *thinking* Carlos is soo strange...

Marta decided to drive, since Goopy was panicking by the point they even made it to the car. Someone else who was panicking was Ariel, who they passed on the way our.

Ariel: Help, help, Marta is having a baby. Call the ambulance, she's giving birth right now!

Diana was unimpressed with the party guests (all the teen boys in Monte Vista) most of which had been invited in the hope that she would find one of them interesting. Take a look at the expression on her face. Is that disgust? Well, the fact that she chooses to do her homework rather than spend time with any of them speaks for itself. I don't think any of them will be the "one".

After a quick delivery Montoya joined the family. He loved the cold like his uncle Carlos and is disciplined. Maybe Marta's jock interests have played a part?

Both Marta and Goopy were a bit shaken up after the experience. And they took a taxi home. I think it's a great family portrait.

Even if there was a party going on the house underwent some refurbishing and moving of furniture and rooms. Marta and Goopy moved into Adora's room where there's room for a nursery for little Montoya.

Adora's new room got recolored and a crib too, so that Montoya can be close to his grandma if she want's him to.

But the best improvement probably happened in the kitchen when the old and cheap appliances were switched for affordable and better ones.

The new fridge should be able to keep all the food from the party fresh for a couple of days.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Almeria Random Town Jump; chapter 13
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »
The supernatural wave has rushed in over Monte Vista, now Ariel is a fairy. It feels strange that someone being a supernatural doesn't disqualify them from marrying in to the family... Still, I've decided to turn of supernaturals other than witches, just because I feel some sims having a much longer life wouldn't work so well in this project. It's all depending on city though. I mean, what would Moonlight Falls be without it's supernatural element, or Bridgeport without vampires...

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
Welcome Montoya! The house looks great. Poor Diana, not finding anyone at Carlos' party.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
Welcome Montoya! The house looks great. Poor Diana, not finding anyone at Carlos' party.

I feel bad for her as well, but there really wasn't anyone there she connected with. They are mostly at least 8 days older than her too. Maybe she'll be lucky in the next town.

The house the family lives in is really great. Super easy to extend when you need more room and very few routing problems. I would recommend it to anybody.

Montoya is a very quite baby. It's strange how, even with random traits, some seem to stay in the family...

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2013, 09:07:32 PM »
Montoya is a very quite baby. It's strange how, even with random traits, some seem to stay in the family...

Oh no, Montoya's not a Slob too, is he? :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »
Oh no, Montoya's not a Slob too, is he? :P

Wouldn't that be a fun coincidence? Maybe when he becomes a kid...

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Here comes the heir
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »
After Goopy saw the comments on him and his boss having the same shirt, he grew concerned that Marta might mistakenly think he was having an affair with the tattoo artist... so he gave him a makeover.

The only problem is, they still look a lot alike.

The whole household takes turns caring for Montoya. Carlos has a special place for his nephew in his heart, a cool place. I guess that Montoya feels most welcome there.

Holding Montoya one night Carlos realized something. He wanted to be a father. In fact, he really, really wanted to be a dad. Way more than he wanted to go to University. He was going to have to pick a career he didn't need a degree to pursue. Another thing, he didn't really want to wait to start his family so he hoped Ariel would be ready.

Adora still amuses herself by cleaning the toilets. Maybe she has a hidden neat trait? She is always sneaking in the bathrooms to tidy up. And with another slob in the house, there is always something to clean. I think the combo slob/clumsy is a recipe for dirty surroundings and broken plumbing. With this combo, who needs a technophobe?

Goopy: Who loves his little boy? Who? Daddy does....

Montoya has inherited Marta's darker skin tone. It's going to be interesting to see who he resembles once he ages up more.

Since it's the weekend and most of the household are free, Marta spends more time reading and fulfilling wishes to read more books than caring for baby. Pretty sweet maternity leave. Only problem? We need more books...

On Sunday Adora treated Carlos to his favorite grilled cheese for breakfast as she sang happy birthday. Her boy was growing up, he was becoming a man. It seemed only yesterday that she gave birth to him at the library.

Being hot-headed can make things difficult in social situations. Carlos had learnt that everything went more smoothly is he vented a little before a party. The pink flamingo was an easy target.

The guests are arriving!

Ariel and her siblings Anthony and Bianca. All of them fairies. Ariel is dressed very classy, maybe she has an inkling of what is to come?

Carlos tried for a romantic photo with Ariel, but he was a bit short, all he got was an air kiss. Anthony was not impressed, he is obviously annoyed with Marta, and just after this her went to Diana and started arguing...

Pretty good turnout for what is maybe the last party at the house. Marta's inappropriate trait makes itself known when she laughs and points when Carlos blows out the candles. That is going to be very tiresome...

Carlos: Yippie! I'm going to be old enough to kiss my girlfriend again.
Watcher: Yippie! You are old enough to move now!
Carlos: What?
Watcher: No one told you? Once you're a YA we are skipping town, so you better move fast.

Carlos grew into his face even more. I never realized before that his eyes are light green, a very nice color. He almost manage to pull of the Egyptian dress, but he's still getting a makeover.

This is Carlos new look. A bit of white, a bit of casual, a lot of man.

Watcher: Marta! Behave yourself! No accepting flowers from boys way younger than you! Off to play with your baby and give me some peace will you.

Luckily Goopy didn't seem to mind at all (she's managed to become romantic interest with the dude). I checked and she didn't have a confess to cheating option, so she apparently got away with whatever she was doing.

Goopy takes the chance to hang out with his dad. Who seems mightily impressed with the remodeling that's been going on. Maybe he'll put an offer in on the house.

Carlos, egged on by the Watcher butters Ariel up. First step: flowers.

Second step: jewelry.

Ariel: Oh, this is so sudden. I never thought I'd get engaged with someone who'd just aged up, especially not someone who is "mortal".

Watcher: About that...
Ariel: Hello? Is someone out there?

After some fast talking Ariel agreed to stay the night, so they could have a wedding straight away. It was very romantic, but the party guests declined to stay for the ceremony. Even though they agreed the party was epic.

The Almerias are proud to welcome Ariel Almeria ne Monty to the family. She is an evil genius who's also a heavy sleeper, shy and socially awkward. Her LTW is to be a Great Explorer (which works well with the career she rolled). She likes vegetarian dim sum, Latin music and yellow.

She wanted to share this picture from her makeover.

Carlos: Ariel my darling. There is something I've been meaning to ask you...

Ariel: Is this another proposal...or a proposition?

One more day in Monte Vista to wrap up graduation and then we are on our way for the first jump. It feels like it's gone by very quickly.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Diego's gift
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 08:22:23 PM »
We resume where we left last time. With the wedding night. No chimes yet, there is a move to take care of first.

Marta: Get down here! Montoya is having a birthday.

No day in the house goes by without some kind of festivity. The only thing missing is a holiday (but we don't need one anyway since the whole family has the day of due to the graduation).

No wonder they never make any money. It's a good thing I decided they didn't need to work towards getting rich.

They celebrated Montoya with a pajama party.

It's hard to tell, but I think he's mostly going to look like Goopy when he grows up. He has his eyes.

Montoya received a gift in the mail. Marta tried to sell it for cash, but it just kept following them home. Isn't that creepy?

Montoya wasn't the only one to receive gifts. Adora had spent the night at the elixir shop looking for just the right thing to give her new daughter in law.

Ariel: An elixir that will make me grow old much faster?! Oh, thank you. It's what I've always wanted.

The elixir had the expected effect and Ariel was just as human as the rest of the household.

The family had lazed around long enough, and they decided to run to graduation. Ariel was also graduating.

Adora mumbled something about a baby sitter, but both Marta and Carlos protested, so Montoya came along too.

As always I'm mystified by how so many sims, 7, can fit in to the same taxi. (The most I've ever seen were 17 sims going in one taxi when I decided to move a party to another community lot). That are some crazy logistics.

It was a well attended graduation. I counted 8 graduating sims!

Unfortunately that meant that the family had to stand outside City Hall most of the day waiting their turn to go inside. Two graduates even had time to leave before both Carlos and Ariel had gone inside.

Carlos was Valedictorian and voted most popular. Ariel graduated with honors and was voted most likely to take over the world.

Ariel got home a bit earlier than the others so she got herself a new more "travel appropriate" everyday wear.

Montoya also had a makeover. He likes classical music, vegetarian salmon and turquoise.

Next morning while Goopy was dirtying the toilets and soiling the sink, Ariel babysat Montoya.

Playing with the new changing table and snuggling. Perhaps she's practicing...

Adora sat the children (not so little any more) down for a serious chat. It was time to give them Diego's present.

Adora: As you all know your father and I moved here to Monte Vista when we quit the circus. We were tired of all the protesters fighting to ban clowns and wanted a more "normal" life for you. And I think we made the right choice, even if I know your father missed the circus sometimes. Maybe he's there now, in the giant circus on the other side.

Diana: I never knew that! Why am I always the last to know?

Marta: Because you are the baby of the family, silly. But enough about what has been. What are we going to go now? Carlos is a YA, and the Watcher says we have to move on.

Carlos: Can't we fight the Watcher? I like it here, and Ariel has her family here. I don't know how she feels about moving this soon.
Watcher: No you can't!
Adora: Sush, let me talk to the kids. You know we have to move on, you've always known. But that's not why I asked to talk to you. Your father left a gift for you, something I should give you now, before the move.

Diana: Yay! Presents! I love presents. What is it?

Adora: It's not a what, it's a who. When I call the genie you each get one wish, remember just one each. So you better think about what you pick. In this there are no do overs. Marta you go first.

Marta: Mr genie, I wish for a large family.
Genie: Your wish is granted. I will return tomorrow for the next wish.

Diana: Really? A large family, Marta was that really the best you could pick? What about happiness, what about world peace?
Adora: Let your sister be, you can use your wish however you want, I think Diego would be very happy to hear of Marta's wish. Family was always very important to him.

And so the Almeria's gathered their belongings, called the Realtor and once more squeezed into the same taxi. In know I will miss this house, it was a pleasure to play and was easy to remodel.

Goodbye quaint countryside, hello big city lights. The Almerias are moving to Bridgeport.

I'm thinking the Watcher has some remodeling to do before they can set foot there. And who knows who'll they meet there, maybe the Joneses?

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Almeria Random Town Jump; chapter 15
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2013, 09:10:30 PM »
Bad girl, Marta! Don't cheat on Goopy--he's too adorable for that!

Congrats to Carlos and Ariel on their marriage. Bridgeport ought to be FUN with Ariel's evil trait. So much trouble that she can get into... :P

Oh, they must run into the Joneses. That would just make it that much more fun!

anything