Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Audren - Return of the King
10 (13.2%)
GoslettM - Elvis Presley - Don't be Cruel
11 (14.5%)
Joria - Love Me Tender
14 (18.4%)
Ladybug53 - Blue Suede Shoes
2 (2.6%)
Marwolfer - The King of Rock and Roll
4 (5.3%)
SethelD93 - Elvis, the King
3 (3.9%)
Shaunta - The King of Rock and Roll Entry
4 (5.3%)
Siergiej - Elvis:  The King is Back
9 (11.8%)
Snufflesxx - Elvis Presley
6 (7.9%)
Trip - Long Live the King
4 (5.3%)
Vinyl - King of Rock and Roll:  Rex Tupelo
9 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 21, 2013, 09:26:00 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 01 - The King of Rock and Roll  (Read 11545 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 01 - The King of Rock and Roll
« on: April 20, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »

CAS Contests 2013: 01 - The King of Rock and Roll

The Subject:
Elvis Aaron Presley.  Commonly referred to by the single name "Elvis."  Also commonly known as The King of Rock and Roll or simply "The King."  Elvis was one of the most popular musicians of the 20th Century.  Erupting on the musical scene in the mid-1950s, he transformed popular music forever.  Elvis had more top-40 singles than any other singer ever.  He remains the best-selling artist in the history of popular music.  His voice had a quality, range and power rarely if ever equalled.  In 2007, Q Magazine's judging panel named him the greatest voice of all time. 

Elvis came from a poor family.  He never received formal music training.  But this untrained singer whose music brought together elements from rhythm and blues, African American spirituals, pop and country changed youth culture and ultimately all levels of society.  He was a cultural icon.  Born in 1935, by the 1970's Elvis' health was deteriorating due to a number of factors including prescription drug use, and on August 16, 1977 he died.

Or did he?  Since his death, there have been numerous alleged sightings of The King.  A long-standing theory among some of his fans is that he faked his own death so that he could retire in peace.  The truth of that theory may never be known.  But one thing is certain - Elvis will continue to live on in the hearts of many forever.  His music still sells in huge numbers.  And now he is ready to embark on a new life in Sims 3!  Where will Elvis be sighted next?  Perhaps in your game. 

Carl and Pam's Sims 3 Forum proudly presents the first-ever CAS Contest:  create a Sim who looks like Elvis. 

Your Task:
Your task is to create a Young Adult aged Elvis Presley Sim, using the above picture as a guide.   Try to make your Sim look as much as possible like the young Elvis.  Choose appropriate clothing, favourites and traits for him.  Your entry should also include a short biography for the Sim.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 3rd May - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 16th May - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and samoht04.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline shaunta

• Townie
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 01 - The King of Rock and Roll
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »
Sim Name: Elvis Presley
Life State: Human
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Traits: Charismatic, Diva, Flirty, Star Quality, Virtuoso
Content used: Supernatural [hair], Diesel, 70's 80's 90's, World Adventures, Base Game
Favorites: Fried Peanut butter and Banana Sandwich, Hot Pink, Rockabilly

Biography: Meet the King... Yes the King... In Sim form. Alive and well in Moonlight Falls. He didn't want to be an old man anymore so he took a young again potion so he can do it all over again! He still loves Pink and peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

This is my personal favorite!
Well that's all from Moonlight Falls... This King has left the building.

Link for more Images: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15867.msg302963.html#msg302963

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:12:03 AM »
CAS Contest 2013: 1 - The Return of the King

Age/Gender: Young Adult Male
Traits: Charismatic, Flirty, Irresistible, Virtuoso, Natural Born Performer
Content: Base game, High-End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Town Life Stuff, Showtime, Supernatural, University
Favourites: R&B, Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Capricorn
Biography: The King is back! After spending the past thirty years working in a British fast food chain, Elvis has returned to Starlight Shores to make his name among the stars.

Click here for more confirmed sightings of the King.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »
Eyes: Baby Blues
Hair: Jet Black
Traits: Charismatic, Virtuosos, Ambitious, Party Animal, Flirty
Favorites: Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Pop, Red
Sign: Capricorn
LTW: Golden Fingers, Golden Tongue
Content: every expansion/stuff pack is on my computer EXCEPT Fast Lane, Town Life, University Life, and 70s, 80s, & 90s.
Biography: When an unsuspecting sim found a clone voucher in her attic, she never dreamed that it already contained the DNA of one of the most famous and influential singers of all time: Elvis Presley. She took the baby home and raised him on a solid diet of music, wealth, and charm. Now, "The King" (somewhat) quietly rules over Sunlit Tide, enjoying his new life and the fame of being a clone of a celebrity.

The paparazzi can't get enough of this Elvis clone! Check out the pics!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
Blue Suede Shoes
by ladybug53

Elvis Presley : Young Adult Male Human .
Traits : Charismatic - Good Sense of Humor - Irresistible - Natural Born performer - Virtuoso .
Lifetime Wish : Golden Tongue , Golden Fingers .
Favorites : Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich - Rock - Blue .
Zodiac Sign : Capricorn .

Expansions Used : Late Nigh - University Life - Supernatural .
Stuff Packs Used : Master Suite - Diesel - 70,80,90s
Biography : Elvis was the second born of twins . The first one died at birth . Only child of Vernon and Gladys Presley . Elvis in known as The King of Rock and Roll worldwide .

Link to Download and Photos : Elvis Presley
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
CAS Contests 2013: 01 - The King of Rock and Roll

Age/Gender: YA Male
Life State:  Human
Eyes:  Grey
Hair:  Deep black
Traits:  Charismatic, Great Kisser, Party Animal, Star Quality, Virtuoso
Content:  Supernatural (Hair), Seasons (Outerwear), Late Night (Trait), Pets (Outerwear top)
Favourites:  Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Pop, Red
Biography:  Elvis Presley is young and ready to rock'n'roll! But will he head for stardom or will his ambitions take him too far?

Download here
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 11:21:18 PM »
Don't Be Cruel

Elvis Presley: Young Adult Male Human
Eyes: Baby Blues
Traits: Family-Oriented, Bookworm, Over-Emotional, Natural Born performer & Virtuoso
Lifetime Wish: Vocal Legend
Favorites: Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Rock, White
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn

Expansions Used: Late Night, University Life & Showtime
Stuff Packs Used: Master Suite & 70,80,90s

Biography:   Elvis, from his childhood onward, was a loving, talented, charitable, caring,  thoughtful, humble, deeply spiritual, family oriented and curious person.  He was a hardworking performer and singer and had a unique style.  Elvis was moved to tears, and actions, whenever he learned of someone in need.  Elvis was also an introvert who enjoyed his privacy and read daily (i.e. the Bible, spiritual books, etc.).  Elvis also had a bad temper and got the nickname "fire eyes" and when he was mad it was apparent to everyone.  Lastly, Elvis had very real medical/emotional/mental problems (like anyone would if they were going through what he was) that was treated with medications that he became addicted to.  At the time there were no "clinics" to help unlike today.

Interesting facts about Elvis Presley
Hair: Light blondish brown (he dyed his hair black.)
Favorite drink: Pepsi Cola
Favorite colors: Blue, black, white & gold
Favorite Foods: Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich with or without bacon, Mashed Potatoes, Cheeseburgers
Favorite make of car: Cadillac
Favorite flower: Jasmine

Link to Download and Photos:  Elvis Presley - Don't Be Cruel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 02:05:09 AM »
Love Me Tender

Sim:  Elvis Aaron Presley

Eyes:  Grey blue and changeable according to mood

Hair:  Darkest brown/black

Traits:  Charismatic, Loves the Outdoors, Natural Born Performer,  Star Quality, Virtuoso

LTW:  Vocal Legend

Favorite Music:  Rockabilly

Favorite Food:  Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwhich

Favorite Colors:  (in game) White,  (in biography, blue, black and white)

Star sign:  Capricorn

EPs:  LN, Uni, ST, SN

SPs:  70,80,90s Stuff,   

They said the King was dead.  Found on his "throne" dead from an overdose of drugs.  But was he?  I think not!  He was definitely sighted in Lucky Palms, spreading his charm and his music everywhere he went.  Elvis' deep spirituality and love of God and country shown through in his music.  He was well mannered, always polite, caring, selfless and deeply attached to his family, especially his mother, Gladys.  The first home he bought was a wonderful house for his mom.  Although the girls chased after him by the thousands, he was not a womanizer but kept his love life private and personal, always respectful of any girl he was with.  He was close to his friends and his friends were close to him. Unfortunately, fame, fortune and a domineering advisor set his feet down a lonely path.  Loved by so many, yet so often alone.  He has the distinction of selling 1.2 BILLION copies of his music, with his top selling song being "It's Now or Never", which outsold any other song EVER produced to this day.  It is still selling well.  I miss you Elvis.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sethelD93

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »
Name: Elvis Presley
Traits: Charismatic, Flirty, Party Animal, Rebellious, Virtuoso
Favorites: Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Pop, Black
Sign: Capricorn
Content: Base Game, Generations
Biography:
BREAKING NEWS: Elvis Presley is alive!  He has been discovered living in the small town of Hidden Springs, taking advantage of its mystical waters to stay young for the past 35 years.  Since being revealed, the King has reembraced his fame, and even agreed to a photoshoot.

See the King's full photoshoot here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15940.0.html

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 12:42:28 AM »
Sim Name:  Rex Tupelo
Age/Gender:  Adult Male
Eyes:  Blue
Traits:  Natural Born Performer, Virtuoso, Irresistible, Hot-Headed, Couch Potato
Content:  All EPs & SPs
Favourites:  Rock, Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches, Red
Biography:  Rex believes he was born to be the King of entertainers.  A natural with the guitar as well as the ladies, he's trying to live the dream and work his way to the top of the vocal charts.  It hasn't been an easy road, with detours taking him through the military and even jail, but he's got the band back together and there's no stopping until he reaches the top!

Download Rex here!

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:01 - Elvis: The King Is Back

Sim Name: Elvis Aaron Presley
Traits: Natural Born Performer, Neurotic, Night Owl, Proper, Virtuoso
Content: Base Game, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life. No store content or custom content.
Favourites: Rockabilly, Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Blue
Biography: How much do you know about those public transport driver Sims? They are always there for you to serve your transport needs, but don't do much beyond that. Now let me tell you, this Sim is different. I don't know how he is as a truck driver, but he clearly has got some potential with his vocal abilities.

...But wait, there's more!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 12:10:17 AM »
Age/Gender:  Young Adult/Male
Eyes:  Blue
Traits: Virtuoso, Star Quality, Flirty, Friendly, Charismatic
Content: Supernatural
Favourites: Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, R&B, White

Biography: Elvis Presley was actually dead, but this is Simnation, and we have ways around things like that. Now he's young and living the good life in Sunset Valley, but he's stuck with killing it at karaoke nights because none of the young whippersnappers in the town know a thing about him!

See more pictures and download Elvis here.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »
This contest is now closed.  The poll will be posted soon.

Edit:  The poll is now open.  You may vote for up to three of your favourite entries.  And may the best Sim win!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  01 - The King of Rock and Roll - May 3 - 16, 2013
    And the winner is - Joria!

Congratulations to Joria! You can download the winning entry here: Love Me Tender.

And Joria further demonstrates her Elvis expertise with this comment:

"Well, I'm all shook up over you guys selecting my Elvis!  After loving you it's almost always true that he is always on my mind.  It was just beginners luck and a big hunk o' love that had me bringin' it back with my blue eyes cryin' in the rain.  I'd be nothin' but a hound dog if I didn't follow that dream and do my best.  The first time ever I saw his face I was in a fever, since he's been gone it's been heartbreak hotel for me.  Seriously, my young dreams all came back like yesterday, and I know someday in this wonderful world, there'll be a whole lot of shakin' goin' on, and all those wasted years will fall away like there's no tomorrow.   Thanks everybody.  I'll never stop loving you."

This thread is now open for comments!  Please remember to give feedback only if it is requested, and to keep your comments positive and constructive.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »
Congratulations Joria !  I loved your Elvis . You did an awesome job . Thank you samoht04 and Schipperke for this awesome contest . I had the greatest time creating my own Elvis . This contest was a brilliant idea .

There were so many amazing entries but only allowed three votes each just wasn't enough for me . Great job everyone !

I'm open for comments on my entry if we're doing that sort of thing for this kind of contest .  :)

Edit : Joria , your write up for winning the contest is amazing . Loved every word of it !
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

anything