Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Swirl-Girl - Mama Maddie's Motel
3 (5%)
Gulliver the cat! - The Pharoah's Hotel
7 (11.7%)
Ladybug53 - Pharaoh's Desert Inn
3 (5%)
Cerelove - Callesty Beach Hotel & Resort
3 (5%)
Edward Huang - Shang Simla Mountain Resort
3 (5%)
Shaunta - Remy Blu Hotel
9 (15%)
Chuckles_82 - Cubeacious
12 (20%)
Vinyl - La Ficelle Jaune
12 (20%)
Gogowars329 - French Retreat
3 (5%)
Odinsdottir - Madame Esmeralda's Inn
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: May 15, 2013, 06:30:58 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 8 - Beautiful Bases  (Read 12583 times)

Offline EdwardHuang

• Nooboo
Re: Building Contest 2013: 8 - Beautiful Bases
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 04:38:47 AM »
Shang Simla Mountain Resort

Price: 43,694 Simoleons

Lot Size: 30X20

I hope you like it! It has 10 beds, 3 bathrooms with baths and showers for all three, and a spacious living room. The kitchen is very small, but i didn't see the point in dedicating an entire room to a kitchen without a cooking function.

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
Remy Blu Hotel
Lot size:20x30
Lot price(furnished):84,977
Lot price(unfurnished):72,282
Content used: HEL's, late night, 70's 80's 90's, Seasons, Base Game, Supernatural, University, Showtime
Free Store Content: Eco-friendly Pack, Earth day
Welcome to the Remy Blu, an exclusive boutique hotel in beautiful downtown Bridgeport close to all the nightlife,and the Sports stadium.

Our modern style will suit and upscale sensibility. Let's go inside shall we?

Our reception area.. The front desk Is unmanned... how unprofessional.
A view through the skylight in the ceiling

Our accommodations can hold 10. Some rooms are set up for families, or roommates on a trip together

Our restrooms are only the best for our guests.

Our Roof top Pool area boasts a dance floor, self-serve bar, and lounge chairs to get that nice even tan

The kitchen is small but efficient and has a view of the pool... from under the water!

Our outdoor dining area gives you lots of sunshine and sim watching.

The small intimate courtyard is a quite spot for reflection and meditation.

As you leave us, We hope that you have enjoyed your tour of our facility and will see why we are here to cater to your needs. Until next time, Remember the Remy Blu as your choice in Luxury accommodations. Bye-bye now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »
Cubeacious

Lot size: 30x30 (residential so it can be placed in Lunar Lakes)
Lot Price: §84,826 placed
Content: World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Outdoor Living Stuff, Generations, Pets, Showtime, University Life

If you want a well-rounded stay in Lunar Lakes, then this is not the place. Here, you will get a cube-acious experience! Lo ! The Perfection in the clean, straight lines and symmetry! Bask in the intense UV rays relaxing by the pool which surrounds the resort!

(Ellorienne is my official forum name)

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 12:43:29 PM »
La Ficelle Jaune - (Base Camp)
Lot Size: 40x30
Lot Value: $84,990
Suggested Placement: 15 Primrose Road, Champs Les Sims
Content Used: All Expansions
Number of Bed Spaces: 10 (4 double, 6 single)
Number of Bathrooms: 4
Description:  The renowned cooking school, La Ficelle Jaune, has opened its doors for sims from around the globe to stay, study, cook, laugh, and fall in love.  Courses cover a variety of topics on international cuisine and nectar making.  Between the orchards, the grape vines, the kitchen garden, and the bee hive the grounds provide the freshest, most delicious produce for the students to use.  Once the meals have been prepared they are enjoyed in the open air in the garden, where the great views overlooking the city can be savoured alongside a glass of freshly pressed nectar.

The library allows a quiet space to relax, while the great room offers plenty of opportunities to socialize and have fun.  After a long day of gardening, cooking, sightseeing, or exploring, everyone enjoys gathering under the stars for some lively conversation, beautiful music, and perhaps a romantic spin across the dance floor.

Notes:
-The garden will wilt if not watered.  To keep the plants alive just turn on all of the sprinklers and let them take care of the garden.
-All World Adventure produce can be found in the gardens.
-The garbage can and adventure board refused to spawn except in live mode, so they'll likely show up in random spots when the camp is placed.  Feel free to move them wherever you like.
-A fireplace can easily be installed in the great room (right where the couch and sunflower painting are).  Unfortunately I couldn't make it fireproof so I didn't include it in the upload - in testing it kept starting fires, like most of my fireplaces do - but feel free to pop one in if you have a handy sim or your version of the game isn't such a pyromaniac.   ;)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27:12 AM »
Building Contest 2013, #8
Beautiful Bases

Name: French Retreat
Lot Type: Base Camp
Bedrooms and Bathrooms: 7 br and 6 ba
Lot Size: 30 x 30
Price Furnished: $81,799
Price Unfurnished: $64,424
EP and SPs: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life
 French Retreat is the perfect holiday destination for any sims, alone or with others, to experience the best that Champs Les Sims has to offer while having a great place to call base. With a large open floor plan downstairs and 7 different bedrooms to hide away in you can mix private time with community time easily.

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »
Madame Esmeralda's Inn, Residential Lot
Lot Size: 40x40
Lot Value: $84,960
Content Used: All Expansions

Number of Bed Spaces: 11
Number of Bathrooms: 5
Description:  Madame Esmeralda, late of the Black Hill of Simdonia in Wales, is proud to announce the opening of her inn for witches, werewolves, fairies, ghosts, vampires, genies and, of course, humans in misty Moonlight Falls.

Four comfy, cosy bedrooms welcome the weary traveler to sleep easily.  Five luxurious baths, four en-suite, offer to wash away the dust of the road and sooth the adventurer's troubled brow.

A full self-service kitchen awaits the chef. There is no need to settle for fast food while travelling!  Slow down and prepare your favourite dish in the spacious kitchen and share your meal with your new friends, be they winged, furry or wish-fullfilling. 

The common rooms are decorated with items Madame Esmeralda has collected in her own broad travels.  Elixirs ay be made in the great room and gem cutting service is available.

Study your maps and plan your journey in the library...

...or just relax in the lounge.

The kiddies will enjoy our play ground and a full range of elixir making plants are available in our charming garden. 

Stay a night or a week, you will receive a warm, friendly welcome.

This building places as a residence.  Please note that all Supernatural plants are included but must be cared for.

Download here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15862.0.html
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 06:34:51 AM »
Voting is now up, vote for your top three entries!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 8 - Beautiful Bases - April 21, 2013 - May 4, 2013
    Chuckles_82 and Vinyl!

Congratulations to both Chuckles and Vinyl! You can download the winning entries here: Chuckles_82's Cubeacious and Vinyl's La Ficelle Jaune.

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Firstly thank you to Lilygirl, Thomas, and Ausette for such an interesting contest - the budget is indeed becoming very challenging! Secondly, congratulations to Vinyl, and all the other contestants for such talented and amazing builds that all fit perfectly into their surroundings. I had a very clear idea about what I wanted to build for this contest - I had been working on a sci-fi project, and I had the structure clearly in my head before I even started, and a good-to-go colour scheme. My favourite area was the living area. If I could use store content, I would spruce up the garden a bit with a few plants from Lucky Palms. I was very excited to win, especially when there were so many talented builds. "

Vinyl's Comment:

"The entries were all spectacular and so very diverse!  I've got base camps for every world (and then some) thanks to all the creative builders who entered.  Thanks go to Lilygirl, Samoht04, and Ausette for running this contest and improving the future travels of all of my sims!

The lack of gourmet cooking in Champs Les Sims always surprised me.  It was great fun creating a base camp to change that!  Once I had the idea, it was a challenge to fit in the skilling objects while trying to find enough room in the budget for decent furnishings.  It was a lot of fun trying to build in a style that matched the rest of the vacation world and I'm pleased with the end result.  Hopefully other player's sims enjoy visiting it as much as mine do!"

This thread is now open for comments!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 04:44:23 PM »
Congratulations to both Chuckles and Vinyl ! Your entries were just so perfect . I want to also thank samoht04 , Lilygirl and Ausette for such a fun contest . Everyone did a marvelous job on their entries . The voting was a bit difficult due to such creative people .

I'm open for comments on my entry .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »
The entries for this contest were really, really, really amazing.  Wowza.  I love every one of them, and was amazed by the diversity of them.  Each one feels like it belongs in the world it was built for, which is just incredible.   :D 

I'm always open to comments on my submissions.  I'll admit I wish we had a bigger budget - it looked large at first, but then when I started fitting in ten (!!) bed spaces it seemed to evaporate before my eyes.  If anyone ever drops my build in their game, feel free to go crazy with upgrades and truly give your sims more luxury than they can handle.   ;)

Ladybug - I loved your entry!  It just screamed Al Simhara.  Great colours, great furnishings, great walls, great floors - really, it was all so great!  Fantastic work.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »
@ Vinyl - I just loved your entry . It was perfect for France . Such great creativity . I really don't know how you pulled it of, but your screenshots were amazing . I just loved the kitchen scene . Brilliant !
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

anything