Author Topic: The Greek Gods [31/07 Reawakening]  (Read 31049 times)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
The Greek Gods [31/07 Reawakening]
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:29:49 AM »
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Hello there lovely simmers!

I'm back with the Greek Gods Immortal Dynasty Version 3.0! I never give up, do I! I've had two previous tries, none that sadly and thankfully, went far. You can read them here and here. Based on previous experiences, I've altered and planned my story line this time around. (Sigh, I really wish I could do the Surrounded by Children LTW though  :'( )

This dynasty builds upon the original legends of Greek mythology as well as making the story as realistic as possible- actually when there were clashes between realism and mythology, I always chose to be realistic! Obviously, its not anywhere near 50% accurate in terms of greek mythology - after all I cannot and don't want to! You'll see none of the weird family relationships, murder or anything of that sort, rest assured!

For those who'd love to jump straight into the current generation, I've entered some spoilers below. They are actually a bare skeleton of the original personalities in Greek mythology.

Generation One : Rhea
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rhea is the mother goddess: gentle, kindly and revered by all.

Rhea's life starts off as the wife of VJ Alvi (Cronos), a lackluster youngster who despises his father(Iqbal=Ouranos) but comes to deeply love the woman he marries. Together, they steal up through the ranks from homeless wanderers to four star celebrities. To add to an even more eventful life, they are burdened by the knowledge that they are among the few untouched by the Curse, a malady that has rendered whole towns barren. Imperatively thrown into saving the world, what will their paths take them?

Generation Two : Zeus
An ambitious youth on bad terms with his father, Zeus dreams, and dreams big. Will he have the perfect family life he dreams of?

Hestia
Gifted with wisdom, talented in the arts, Hestia yearns to carve a niche for herself. But can she shine out with such an overbearing sister?

Hera
Highly ambitious, somewhat paranoid and quick to judge, there's not much that escapes this young lady's eyes. She loves her husband but isn't beyond manipulating him!

Generation Three : Aphrodite
Beautiful and hopelessly romantic, Aphrodite's greatest dream is finding her one true love. Unfortunately, she seems to have a hard time finding-and keeping- the One.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Immortal Scorecard
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 02:31:12 AM »
Immortal Scorecard

Founder/Generation One: Rhea Olympia IMMORTAL
Traits: Friendly, Natural Cook, Family Oriented, Neat, Lucky
Spouse : VJ Alvi
[X]LTW: The Culinary Libarian
[X]Super Max: Cooking
[X]Career: Culinary=Five Star Chef
[X]Building: Hogan's Deep Fried Diner-Renamed Rhea's Diner
[X]Property: Crystal Springs
[X]LTRs: No Bills Forever, Collection Helper, Bookshop Bargainer
[X]Best Friends: VJ Alvi, Malcolm Landgraab, Hestia Mae, Valerie McGowan, Emma Hatch, Miraj Alvi 
[X]Black Ops: The Dish Showdown,  Hotdogs Please, Corporate Guest, From One Chef to Another, Fresh Cookies, Spying on Cuisine
[X]Paintings [X]YA, [X]Adult, [X]Elder
[X]Sculptures [X]YA, [X]Adult, [X]Elder
[X]Photograph [X]YA, [X]Adult, [X]Elder
Dynasty Helpers
Artist = Miraj Alvi
Fisherman = Iqbal Alvi
Gardener = Zelda Mae
Sculptor/ Photographer = VJ Alvi

Generation 2: Zeus Olympia IMMORTAL
Spouse : Hera Alto-Mae
Traits: Slob, Athletic, Party Animal, Friendly
[X]LTW: Superstar Athlete
[X]Super Max: Athletics
[]Career: Professional Sports
[X]Building: Dividasero Budget Bookshop
[X]Property: Summer Hill Springs
[X]LTRs:Body Sculptor, Fireproof Homestead, Fertility Treatment
[X]Best Friends: Spring Mendez, Katina Dahl, Everett Stover, Rayne Minter, Brendon Minter, Cindy Minter
[X]Black Ops: Push It, Playing the Bouncer, The Big Game, The Complete Circuit, Brand Image, Amateur Olympics
[X]Paintings [X]Toddler, [X]Child, [X]Teen, [X]YA, [X]Adult, [X]Elder
[X]Sculptures  [X]Toddler, [X]Child, [X]Teen, [X]YA, [X]Adult, [X]Elder
[X]Photograph [X]Toddler, [X]Child, [X]Teen, [X]YA, [X]Adult, [X]Elder

Generation 3: Aphrodite Alvi
Traits: Friendly, Bookworm, Hopelessly Romantic, Easily Impressed, Great Kisser
[]LTW: Master Romancer
[X]Super Max: Writing
[]Career:
[X]Building: Aphrodite's Spa
[X]Property: Old Pier Beach
[]LTRs: Attractive
[]Best Friends:
[]Black Ops: Digitizing your notes, Late Night Crunch
[]Paintings [X]Toddler, [X]Child, [X]Teen, [X]YA, [X]Adult, []Elder
[]Sculptures  [X]Toddler, [X]Child, [X]Teen, [X]YA, [X]Adult, []Elder
[]Photograph [X]Toddler, [X]Child, [X]Teen, [X]YA, [X]Adult, []Elder

Generation 4: Athena Olympia
Traits:
[]LTW:
[]Super Max:
[]Career:
[]Building:
[]Property:
[]LTRs:
[]Best Friends:
[]Black Ops:
[]Paintings [X]Toddler, [X]Child, []Teen, []YA, []Adult, []Elder
[]Sculptures  [X]Toddler, [X]Child, []Teen, []YA, []Adult, []Elder
[]Photograph [X]Toddler, [X]Child, [X]Teen, [ ]YA, [ ]Adult, []Elder

Generation 5:
Traits:
[]LTW:
[]Super Max:
[]Career:
[]Building:
[]Property:
[]LTRs:
[]Best Friends:
[]Black Ops:
[]Paintings []Toddler, []Child, []Teen, []YA, []Adult, []Elder
[]Sculptures  []Toddler, []Child, []Teen, []YA, []Adult, []Elder 

Generation 6:
Traits:
[]LTW:
[]Super Max:
[]Career:
[]Building:
[]Property:
[]LTRs:
[]Best Friends:
[]Black Ops:

Generation 7:
Traits:
[]LTW:
[]Super Max:
[]Career:
[]Building:
[]Property:
[]LTRs:
[]Best Friends:
[]Black Ops:

Generation 8:
Traits:
[]LTW:
[]Super Max:
[]Career:
[]Building:
[]Property:
[]LTRs:
[]Best Friends:
[]Black Ops:
Mission Unnamed

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Chapter One: The Man with the Goblet
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:44:48 AM »
Generation One

Confidential Diary Entries from The Community Center for Teenagers with Critical Criminal Tendencies

Spring | SimYear 1

Chapter One : The Man with the Goblet

Howdy pardner! Know me? Yeah?

No? I'm VJ, THE VJ, the VJ Alvi.

Friend of Altos, friend of Lisa of the Bunch, friend of my teeny brother Miraj.

Enemy of everyone else, including my father.

And yeah, friend of the chick who shares the homeless shelter with us.

Oh! News to you?

Yes, the great Alvis', long being struggling on the brink of poverty, finally fell head first into bankruptcy.

Better start telling from the beginning before you start listening to anything *THEY* tell about me.

I am pretty new to Sunset Valley. Iqbal moved here when Mum left him. Yes, Iqbal is my Dad and no, I don't call him Dad anymore.

I used to love Mum. She had the prettiest face and the softest voice. I used to be pretty good at my studies those days.

She and Iqbal were always having these fights. She used to say it was because Iqbal was so lazy and didn’t care to earn enough to give us a good life.

Then one day, she wasn’t there when I returned home from school. A few hours later our aunt rushed in and took us to her place. It took a few days for Iqbal to show up. He clearly seemed to have been drunk. He muttered something about Mummy filing for a divorce.

I heard my aunts whispering that Mummy had run away with a rich man and they called her many bad words. Miraj was just a baby and didn't understand. I understood and ruined their best clothes.

It was not Mummy’s fault. Iqbal had driven her away. There was never enough money.
I just wished she had taken us with her.

So that’s how we landed here in Sunset Valley. I hated leaving my friends behind, but certainly not my snooty aunts. Iqbal did not even care to listen to us. So we moved over here.
Sunset Valley was-and still is so dull. We lived in the cheapest part in town, not much of an improvement from the old apartment we had lived in before. Then things went from bad to worse.

Iqbal was fired. It was not his fault. The boss had not been amused by the illustrations I had made on some official documents. For a moment I felt sorry for Iqbal. He certainly was not lazy now and spent most of the month working overtime. But it was his fault after all. If he had been so hardworking before, Mummy would have never left.

Whatever pity I had felt, it soon vaporized over the following days.

Iqbal had borrowed heavily to win the lawsuits to get sole custody over us. Now with no job, he had no way to pay them. The result? We were declared bankrupt and had to move to the ‘Shelter’.

My hate for Iqbal tripled. Not only had he separated us from our mother, he had made us believe that she hadn’t wanted us. Now we were reduced to nothing but living in a measely place.

“Come on VJ, SMILE.” Miraj said cheerfully. “It’ll be so posh! We’ll be next-door neighbours to the Altos and the Landgraabs!”

I looked at his bright face and smiled wanly. I love my little brother to bits. He is all I care for in the world.

"Whatever!" I shrugged. "Lets head off!"

As if we had any another option!

Landgraabs or Altos or what-nots, the homeless shelter looked pretty slimy.

It certainly didn't look welcoming. The walls and floors were just rough slates of wood hewed together.

I headed in hesitantly. It was better than I expected.

There was an easel. Some starving artist must have died here. Ghostly glory!

And a fridge, stove and a counter.

And some weird apparatus.

"That must be the rack." I said loudly for Iqbal to hear. "They must be torturing bankrupt blokes over there.

He glared at me and opened his mouth, and I bristled up in defense.

"Who the hell are you?" A shrill voice broke out. "And what the hell are you doing in my house?"

The new adversary in question was quite a pretty decent looking girl. She looked rather upset.

"Your home?" I retorted. "As far as I know this is a homeless shelter."

She looked about to burst into tears.

"Don't tell me I've got to share this place with three men!" She whimpered.

"Miraj is just a kid, but I'm sure he'll feel honoured." I snapped back.

"There's just one open dormitory." She said in shock, as if she hadn't heard me.

"Open or closed, what the hell are you doing here?"

Iqbal glared at me.

"I'm really sorry for the inconvenience." He butted in. "I'm Iqbal Alvi and these are my sons. We'll be here for some time, I'm afraid. But I assure you there'll be no trouble from us. And you are?"

"Rhea Olympia." she groaned. "I am new here and they hired me to look after this place but I had no idea that I would be sharing the place with three men."

"Yay! We have a maid." I said gleefully. 

She surprised me by smiling sweetly.

"Sweet dreams honey." she said in a bored voice and turned to dad. "Iqbal, and I hope you don't mind me calling you that, I work at the bistro and you don't need to worry about your meals. The boys will have to help out with the cleaning and other chores and I hope you will pool in for the groceries."

"No problem." Dad smiled. "Don't mind VJ here, he's quite a handful. "I happen to be quite good at fishing so you need not worry much about getting good food."

Pah! He certainly liked fishing! He was always going away on a fishing expedition but didn't even have the time to take Mummy to the movies. No wonder she left him.

"Until the creditors come and torture him on the rack." I gestured grimly.

The girl looked puzzled for a moment and then burst out laughing.

"Oh that's a pedestal." She smiled. "An artist and sculpter lived here when I came. They landed a fancy deal in Bridgeport and didn't want their old stuff with them.

"Huh? Pedestal?" So much for my hopes!

"Yes, He would take some blocks and make sculptors on it. You should try it sometime, there are plenty of leftover blocks outside. I've always wanted to but never had any artistic flair."

"I think better not." Dad shook his head. "VJ has too much flair for trouble-making."

He truly was dumb, Dad was. Whatever he told me not to do, I loved doing.

I made my very first sculptor staying up that night. I have no idea how. I just closed my eyes and tried to imagine what life Mummy must have had wanted for her to leave.

I don't think it matched the sculptor of a barely dressed man, holding what Rhea called a goblet.

Rhea liked it. She practically called me a genius.

She's pretty that girl, such a nice smile. Much prettier than Lisa of the Bunch.

I wish I was older...
Mission Unnamed

Anna33

Re: A Saga of Greek Gods: The Pantheon Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 06:53:05 AM »
Yay, Rhea and the Alvi's is back, It's nice VJ got to narrate the first chapter.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:19:49 AM »
Yay, Rhea and the Alvi's is back, It's nice VJ got to narrate the first chapter.

And its nice to see you back Anna :). Really glad you like it.  :)

VJ will be much more present this time around ;)
Mission Unnamed

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »
There's nothing like an Immortal Dynasty founder to whip a family into shape. Go Rheia!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »
Oooh! I just love Greek Gods! I'll definitely follow this one.
Go! Go! Go! Make this attempt successful :3
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Chapter Two : When there's a Will, there's a Sculptor
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »
Confidential Diary Entries from The Community Center for Teenagers with Critical Criminal Tendencies

Summer | SimYear 1

Chapter Two : When there's a Will, there's a Sculptor

Hey pardner,

So writing this darned diary entry again ain't I?

Well, I've been in the hottest of hot waters.

I failed school. Continuously.

No, I wasn't doing drugs. I wasn't flaming around.

I was just sculpting.

And ain't I going to do any community service over that.

I'm doing fine, just fine. And no, I've not even got into trouble with Dad. I just don't have nuff time. Langston over the consignment store doesn't like me much though.

The chick is pretty ok too, I've tried my best to be nice and polite around her.

Though she certainly wasn't too happy over everything, specially all our snoring.

By the way, just update the homeless shelter people that we need some chairs and a table. Rhea has lunch on the toilet and its going to cause some accidents one day!

That girl is pretty handy around the house. Despite all her threats, she (and Miraj) always clean up after us.

Better still, she's a pretty decent cook. Even Dad couldn't find anything to complain about.

She's doing pretty good at the bistro too. She's managed to charm up her boss, that pasty Hatch.

Dad is the same old nuisance as before. He forgot to pay the bills though I'd given him more than enough money. The repoman came and took away one of my sculptors! The one of the goblet man. Thankfully it was the second one I made!

Oops I've called old Iqbal 'Dad' for once. Ain't have time to blot it out, so just replace it will ya. He's not that so bad, is old Dad.

After his initial enthusiasm, Miraj had a hard time settling in. He hated the droughts and cold floor. And having Rhea around made him remember Mummy.

"VJ," Miraj whimpered one day. "I called Mummy and asked if I could visit her. She said she was too busy."

I hugged him. "Don't worry darling. I'll earn some good bucks and Mummy will be back soon."

"I'll help you VJ." he said suddenly, his eyes full of tears.

I was surprised when he brought home some paints and started painting the next day.

We sculpt and paint day and night. Though neither of us talk about it, we know all of this is to get Mummy back.

I started selling at the consignment store. It gives much more higher returns. The clerk, Jamal Langston doesn't like me at first. Thought he was all high and mighty and even dared to sent that complaint to you guys.

I considered pranking him but then that wouldn't sell my goods will it! So decided to make love instead of war (No that's not literal - my heart's quite somewhere else!) He's now all friendly with me and you know, I can be quite sweet when I want to!

You see, I ain't going to do no reform work over missing school.

I've made a pretty fair buck, feeding the whole homeless shelter and saving you a good chunk of money.

One day, mark my words, I'll buy this homeless shelter over from you pigs and make a house that'll make those snooty Landgraabs and Altos writhe in shame...!
Mission Unnamed

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
There's nothing like an Immortal Dynasty founder to whip a family into shape. Go Rheia!

Says VJ to Marian : Aye, she's one great girl, ain't she  ;)

Oooh! I just love Greek Gods! I'll definitely follow this one.
Go! Go! Go! Make this attempt successful :3

Thank you for the motivation  :)! By the way, you converted me to a die-hard fan of your dynasty!
Mission Unnamed

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 11:10:38 AM »
I didn't read your first couple of attempts, but I am reading this one.  You are an excellent writer, and I never would have thought to use VJ in a dynasty.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 11:20:11 AM »
I didn't read your first couple of attempts, but I am reading this one.  You are an excellent writer, and I never would have thought to use VJ in a dynasty.

Thank you so much  :)!

Hope you love the rest too!

Choosing VJ was all random. The Alvis used to live next to Leighton who was my initial choice in my first try. When I was in my second try, I just bumped into them and was like hey, why not give the poor Alvis' a chance   ;)!  And they've not disapointed me so far!
Mission Unnamed

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
Yes, ve1ocity and the Greek Gods are back! I've never been a huge fan of any of the Alvis, but reading about them in your dynasties makes me like them a little more. And I'm glad VJ is the bid for spouse this time, not Iqbal--I thought that was a little gross, considering how much older he is.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 01:31:19 PM »
Yes, ve1ocity and the Greek Gods are back! I've never been a huge fan of any of the Alvis, but reading about them in your dynasties makes me like them a little more. And I'm glad VJ is the bid for spouse this time, not Iqbal--I thought that was a little gross, considering how much older he is.

Hope you end up loving the Alvis this time around ;) !

I was actually more worried whether it was gross to put VJ as the spouse as he is just a teen when the game starts.

But the fact that I couldn't write much chemistry into the Rhea-Iqbal story and the fact Iqbal dies when the kids are small, made me choose VJ. Plus VJ, deserves it as he does most of the work!

Anyway, Iqbal has some romance of his own!

Mission Unnamed

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Chapter Three : A Season for Every Man
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 01:37:53 PM »
Iqbal's Musings

Fall| SimYear 1

Chapter Three : A Season for Every Man

My season is Autumn.

I've always believed that every man has his own season. I've hoped, wished and prayed for my season. Then when I had finally given up on waiting, it came.

My sons, whom I had spent many a sleepless night worrying over, are growing into fine yound men. They are far from perfect, but I know that when I'm dead and gone, they will be able to stand on their own feet.

Miraj is now a teen and a ache painter.

Unlike his brother, he actually makes an effort at schoolwork.

The two brothers spend most of their time for the arts. I don't discourage them now. They have already proved that they are on the right track in life. Don't ask me why VJ always sculpts that man with the cup, he has some weird obsessions!

VJ aged up to an adult.

Not much of a difference in looks, except for the fact that, thankfully, he's more averse at wearing knickers!

But otherwise? The chap may be bottom of his class but he's already self employed and high in the sculptor career!

Personality-wise, he's much more mature, but he still throws tantrums occasionally. Like in the case of our new housemate.

We have a new housemate and she's a celebrity.

It all started when Rhea got a call that there was a new addition for the homeless shelter. And it was none other than Zelda Mae, an upcoming member at the theater!

To be honest, none of us were too keen. According to her, she was moving in to experiment the life of a starving artist. But I suspect something murkier, though it sure is taking sometime to figure out!   

Now for the best part of it all.

I met the love of my life.

My first wife had been very ladylike, and that was the very reason I was attracted to the polar opposite.

I saw her from afar, and there was something about her brisk walk and sternly beautiful face that caught my eyes.

She said her name was Erin, that she worked in the military and nothing much more.

She was very reserved and it took me many days to convince her to go out on a date. She lived in the same part of town as we lived before, but her house was very comfortable and showed fine taste.

As the days passed, I started to realize what it meant to be in a relationship built on mutual trust and respect. Neither of us were young but we still had plenty to talk over.

Things are moving slowly, but surely now. Yesterday, as we watched the stars, I asked her about the future.

"You are going to be a father."

Life is beautiful.
Mission Unnamed