Author Topic: The Greek Gods [31/07 Reawakening]  (Read 31014 times)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Chapter 24 : Reawakenng
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2013, 06:44:46 AM »
Just a  short update to say I'm back!

Chapter 24 : Reawakenng

I crunch away at my cookies listlessly. I scrub my eyes. It feel as I've been asleep for a very long time. I feel disoriented, uneasy, tired.

I glance at Danial, nodding off in his armchair. A familiar wave of indifference and desperation engulfs me. I do not dislike Danial, neither do I love him. He was just an effort to keep up our pure 'original-townie' bloodline. It is my fate. We are bound forever. Well, not actually forever, as I'm going to be immortal. Grandmother Rhea always talks about the loneliness of infinite life. But no such fond strings of foreboding pull at my heart. I just wish I could have a second chance at love.

Our daughter, Athena, is a lovely girl. She's a bunch of joy and really precocious for her age.

She learnt all her skills very quickly as a toddler, and insists that she is read science fiction at bedtime!

I can hear father and mother arguing. Again. That was not the life I wanted. And its not the life I have, either, but I am so tired and uneasy. I dreamed of a soulmate not a baby-machine.

Father is always daddling around with some woman or other. He has four illegitimate kids with Katina Dhal.

Mother, as usual, plots and does not give up trying to make his life miserable.

I look so drab. Time I have a makeover.

"Aphrodite," Rhea exclaims. "Well, that dress does not exactly flatter you, don't you think?"

I merely smile. It doesn't suit my age, but who cared!

"Granny," I hear Little Athena screaming. "Just look at my newest potion."

I smile. We didn't have enough time together, the two of us-but for that we had immortality.

"What is it, honey?" I hear mother asking. "And whatever have you done to yourself, for heavens sake!"

"A stinking potion." Athena cries out and I can hear her jumping up and down in joy. "And I crisped myself all over!"

I shake my head. She is so unlike me, this daughter of mine, but I love what a unique girl she is turning out to be!

I decide to go to the Winter Festival after work. I can't bear the thought of Danial and the drab old mansion.

I met this guy at the festival. His name is Theron Specncer. It may have been the winter air for I have never ever cheated on my husband, upto now.

We quickly became friends and build an igloo cementing our friendship. And err... the igloo in the middle of the park was just too classic a setting to miss the chance of a woohoo!

My thrill was short lived and emerged out of the igloo with the news that my mother had passed away. She had strong genes, my mother and had outlived her time by many a day,

After an intense period of mourning, life went on.

It was Amphritite's turn for happiness. She had never been a beauty, that girl. And her adult haircut was horrendous, she looks like some dim-witted alien! But who cared! Edgardo Hatch loved her and he was a townie of the original stock! Now they are going to have a son-yes, Amphritite is ensuring that it is a son. Apples and whatnots, you know!

I hope their son resembles Hatch. Athena deserves better than me. Yes, I do get that Grandmother Rhea will insist on them marrying.

I supermaxed my writing skill, which is not a surprise, will all the drama in my real life! Isn't my desk pretty!

Uh huh! Is that Amphritite screaming! Nooboo time!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Greek Gods [31/07 Reawakening]
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2013, 01:13:09 PM »
Welcome back! I missed the Gods so much. :(

I'm glad that Amphritite gets to have a child. Something needs to make up for being saddled with an awful hairstyle.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »
Hey, I have seen you three times online but you only show up at a short time. I really missed your story and I want to drop by to say thank you for your encouragement before I took my time off on the real world. It’s been awhile and I know each of us has real life to attend to, but I wish that you would come back and continue this wonderful dynasty someday, ve1ocity :)

C’mon it’s four generations left! ;D

I also learned new terms from your story to my dictionary. So, thank you ;D

Eld

Here are the comments

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2014, 11:38:54 PM »
I totally love your dynasty, especially VJ-as-narrator!  The Alvi family make such great dynasty helpers/pollinators, even though they are all related, their genetics are different enough to be interesting.  Iqbal is proving to be unusually long-lived for me too.

And I also totally thought VJ's real name is Vijay. xD  (I actually have a cousin named Vijay and he kind of acts like VJ.)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2014, 08:46:04 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  ve1ocity, you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.