Author Topic: The Thousand House-- Resurrected!  (Read 14779 times)

Offline redmare

• Townie
The Thousand House-- Resurrected!
« on: April 28, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
A house sits on the side of the road, a house that has seen so many lives. It has seen tears and laughter, births and deaths, good times and bad, the debris of life well lived. The wallpaper has changed. Rooms have been added and removed, but it is still the same place, standing on its own. Inside, photos of the faces that have passed through decorate the walls, and the corners are full of the little things forgotten by generations. And there, sitting in the chair by the window, is Bellalise, the sun around which this whole little world orbits.
The mother of a thousand.
Please take a look at my story, the Thousand House!
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15796.0.html

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
Re: The Thousand House
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 06:45:20 PM »
Love in the intro. Can't wait to hear your story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline redmare

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:44:48 AM »
Thanks! The rest is coming soon. I just have to get enough screenshots.
This is my first story so any critiques or suggestions would be very welcome.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »
Congrats on your first story!

Its one of the most intriguing starts I've ever seen!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline redmare

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 10:58:10 PM »
From the Diary of Mia Thornby
I finally did it. We've left Riverview, and we've found this new life, here in Sunset Valley. Even the name sounds full of promise. The sun has sat on our past life, and it's time to embark on a new one. The house is small, and there's barely enough room for the two of us, but we'll manage fine, I'm sure of it.

It's nothing much to look at yet, but I plan to fix that. I planted the flowers and dug the garden the first day. It was just so gloomy and grey. I wish the grass wasn't so dead. I'm sure the previous owner used pesticides.
People used to tell me I'd met the love of my life. They were wrong. Clay wasn't the one who has utterly taken my heart. He's back in Bridgeport, living with that lusty and busty blonde girl whose name is too stupid to remember. Don't think I hate him, though. I have one thing to thank him for, and that one thing is something I could not live without.

Bella.
She is an angel, I am sure of it. My little Bellalise Thornby. It sounds like a name out of a story, doesn't it? She will grow up to be something, I know it. I remember when she was born the midwife smiled at me and said, "Mia, you've got a star here. A real star." Don't I know it.
   We'd barely settled in when there was a knock on the door. It seems the neighborhood invited themselves to visit. I certainly didn't ask them.

I really liked Ms. Bunch, but the others were a little... odd. They were more interested in playing with the few toys I could give to my little Bella, and rooting through my garbage than they were interested in talking. I mean, it was quite kind of them to visit, but honestly!

On my meager savings, I could hardly afford a babysitter for Bella while I worked at a desk all day. It would take up as much as I'd make, and anyhow, answering the phone and fetching coffee for a boss who doesn't even remember that I'm Mia, not Susie doesn't fit with me. I tried that, back in Riverview, when Clay decided he wanted to "pursue his writing career." It didn't suit me at all.
I have a different plan. I've opened up a daycare, and already I've got two of the sweetest little kids you've ever seen in my care.
Sandi

and Sam

Days go by too quickly. The kids always have me on my feet. Whenever I have time to spare, I try to work with Bella. She's such a sharp girl! She's picked up fast. It won't be too long before her crawling days are over, and she's toddling around the house.

She really loves that little alligator with the bow. She calls it Pinkie. I have seriously taken too many pictures of her with it.
I've been so tired. I try not to show it, but Bella's a sharp little girl.

I was trying to teach her how to say 'dollhouse' but I kept slurring the words. I've been running on brief naps and adrenaline, and it starts to catch up with me after a while.
"Can you say dollhouse? Doll-house?" I asked her, pointing to her much-loved toy, second only to Pinkie. "Holldouse?"
   "Mama sweepy," Bella answered, blinking at me with those angelic little eyes. "Mama go bed?"
   Well, who am I to deny her whims? I read her to sleep(Bluish Eggs, with a Side of Pastrami, her favorite) and went to bed myself, and for once I had a full night's sleep.
I had a horrible dream.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:09:44 PM »
An intriguing beginning...and a rather frightening bit of foreshadowing. :o

Little Bella is cute!

Offline redmare

• Townie
Re: The Thousand House--Resurrected!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »
Hi! I totally forgot about this story (or maybe blocked it from my memory) but I just found it again and I'm going to give it another shot! Bear with me while I muddle this up completely!

I think I'm going to like this town. My street may be a little run-down, but the people in themselves are not so bad. A little rough around the edges, but very preferable to the snobby Bridgeport residents I'd grown used to. Sure, they'd invite you over for nectar and be oh so polite, but you'd know the moment you left that they were laughing about your shoes, or the state of your hair or the fact that you had circles under your eyes from staying up late with a colicky newborn but... I'm getting off track.
My little bug is growing so fast! I can't believe that she's already toddling about the house.

Everything going so smoothly. Sam and Sandi show up every day with big grins and runny noses, which always makes Bella squeal like a piglet, and I spend my day rushing between the three of them. Sometimes it's so overwhelming, when all three of them want to be cuddled, or Sam tries to take Pinkie, but the quiet moment are worth it.

Bella surprises me every day. I talk to her all the time, not just about playtime and Pinkie, but about anything and everything. Birthdays, bills, and heartbreak... and I never thought she'd understand any of it. But today...

"Don't you ever change yourself for a guy. Or a girl for that matter. Trust me, little bug, it never ends well," I said to her, almost absent-mindedly. And then, my little imp looked right at me and said, "Daddy go way. Daddy mean." And then she just sidled over to her xylophone, like nothing had happened.

I managed to burn a pot today. Actually, that's a little bit of an understatement.

Ahem. I guess this is why I failed that culinary class. I have never been more embarrassed in my life, and I'm sure my clients are mortified. There's nothing quite like dropping your kids off at daycare and finding their daycare provider screaming at a burning stove in her underwear. Sam's dad had to call the fire department, and they were really nice about it, but I think I need to keep my head in a paper bag for the next seven weeks at least.

Believe it or not, (I don't) Bella's birthday is coming up soon. How on earth did time fly so quickly? I guess caring for three toddlers at once, especially when only two of them earn me a salary, might have made me a little forgetful.

I'd write more, but there's a lovely pillow with my name on it. I'll write again soon... or maybe not. You never know what small natural disaster will prevent me when there's three small children in one even smaller house. For now, good night.

--------------
Whew! I have a newfound respect for all those writer out there. Hopefully this story will improve as time goes on and hopefully my computer doesn't erase it's hard drive (again). I'm not sure I posted the pictures the right way...
Any comments, questions, advice, and exorcisms are welcome!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline redmare

• Townie
Re: The Thousand House-- Resurrected!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 01:08:15 PM »
Please let me know if you have read/enjoyed so I can know if I should continue.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »
Hello, I've just found your story today and I love it. You should definitely continue. I wonder why you're hiding Mia's face from us, I'm curious to find out.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
I was worried in the beginning when there's a fire in the ending! That was terrifying and such a cliffhanger ending! But, that was okay though when I see the next chapter.

Thank you, from reading yours I gain a new term for my own dictionary. "Colicky" was learned!

Please continue! I want to see more! It’ll be sad if such a good story discontinued! There will be 460+ readers who disappointed. Think twice about it ^^ and I hope that enjoying your time when making the story :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline redmare

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
Thank you so much for your positive responses!

"Do you know what day it is, Belly-bug? Birthday!"
"Birthday!"

Today's the day. There will be no more diapers, no more cribs, no more baby babble. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I suppose I will still have all that, with the little munchkins in my care, but not with Bella.
I decided to throw her a little party. I invited some kids from around town, because I've always gotten along better with kids than adults, and because the party's for Bella, not me.

I've heard rumors that people think I hide my face, and I guess that's true. People see too much when they look at you. They see that you're tired, that you haven't had enough to eat, that you had to try and talk cordially to your ex-husband about child support, when what you really wanted to do was strangle him with the phone cord. People trust a smile and the brim of a hat. Eyes give away too much.
Today though, I decided not to hide. It's only kids here, except for that one overprotective mother, and they just laugh and run around the house wearing trash cans on their heads. They don't lecture you on 'options for single mothers.' I can cope just fine, thank you so much Mrs. Bunch.
Anyways, back to the party.

As you can see, I haven't been able to get the cinders off the floor yet. They seem to be altogether too fond of the kitchen to leave. I don't like it. It reminds my clients every day that they are leaving their progeny in the hands of a woman who can't even manage to make mac 'n cheese.
Bella blew out the candles (I may have helped a little) and I set her on the ground. I felt a pang as she giggled excitedly, but managed to cheer along with the kids. I can't hold onto my baby forever.

The guests didn't stay too long after that. I must have stalled to long taking Bella to the cake. My growing pains seem to be unnecessary. Bella's grown into the most wonderful little girl I could ever have hoped for, and not everything's changed.

She's very independent though, a trait I'm not used to, but don't really mind. I could only scrape one present this year, a fact I felt bad about, but she seems to appreciate the easel I gave her.

The perceptiveness that I admired in her when she was small has not gone, fortunately or unfortunately. Most of the time, she acts her age, young and carefree with an abundance of humor, but when we were playing tag, she suddenly stopped.

"Do you miss Daddy?"
I didn't know what to say. I tried to laugh it off and change the subject, but I don't think she was fooled.
The truth is, I don't know if I miss Clay or not. I spend so much time hating him, that I don't let myself miss him. Maybe I do it on purpose. Maybe I can't admit that it wasn't all his fault.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 03:33:55 PM »
Bella is adorable as a child. I can't wait to see what's coming next in the story! I hope Bella's mother will reconciled with her father. I mean Dad and Mum should be together at home or you probably consider about Single Parent story thing?
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline redmare

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 05:41:47 PM »
Bella is adorable as a child. I can't wait to see what's coming next in the story! I hope Bella's mother will reconciled with her father. I mean Dad and Mum should be together at home or you probably consider about Single Parent story thing?

Isn't she just! I have a slightly different plan for the story, but you'll just have to wait and see.  ;)