Author Topic: Chuckles' Patterns  (Read 59885 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Chuckles' Patterns
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 03:15:04 AM »
Thank you Bubbles - I can see it going nicely in a little girls room, or on little girls' dresses - or 50s style ladies' dresses.

Here are some more from today:

Daisychain_01
Found in themes, 2 colour palettes.

Daisies_01
Found in fabrics, not especially recolourable.

Roses_01
Found in themes, 2 colour palettes.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 06:36:26 AM »
Another lace pattern for Schip :)

Lace_02
Found in fabrics

Recoloured black and skin tone:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 08:01:04 AM »
Oh no ! I really cannot believe you made us an other lace pattern . I've been wanting this for eons . Thanks so much !   ;D
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
Another lace pattern for Schip :)

Oh, yes!!!

Love the look of the lace stockings!  Chuckles, I am so very glad you took up pattern-making!  I hope you never get tired of it.  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Chuckles_82

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
Thank you Ladybug and Schip :) I aim to please!

Just an update - the Daisies_01 and the Floral_03 patterns (that antiquie one you liked Schip) are now available as sims3packs.

Techno-babble:
For anyone who likes/prefers the .package method, these must be installed as sims3packs, otherwise they will not work, because CAP does not give new patterns new Instance IDs. I found this out the hard way, and have done a lot of research into it, and a whole lot of stuffing around. If you would like them to be installed as .package files, you will need to open each .package file and rename the _img resources and give them new IDs, and then update the _XML to reflect the changes. Inge explains how to do that here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php/topic,1913.msg12111.html#msg12111

Chuckles_82

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 07:04:14 AM »
I slowed down a bit on the pattern-making today, and spent a LOT of time downloading new shapes and vectors for photoshop. Here are 3 from today. I made the Floral_Border_01 myself :)

Lace_03

Found in fabrics, seamless.

Floral_Border_01 and Floral_Border_01R
Seamless, found in themes.

Handicapped Sign
For handicapped spaces! Found in miscellaneous.

If anyone would like, I'm also considering doing a 4-part handicapped space set of patterns, so that you can have a 2x2 sign, in the middle of a 7x4 space, instead of the standard 7x3. Seen as how handicapped spaces are wider.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 07:19:47 AM »
LOVE everything - especially the lace patterns - so awesome! - just have to  remember to use them. But did you put the links up for those last 3?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »
haha whoops! They are there now :D Every time I open the cupboard with the coffee beans, they tell me 2 coffees a day is not enough (seriously, they smell that good). This is confirmation.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »
The other day I finally worked out how to do a 4 channel pattern. It's not as easy as it looks! Especially since the pattern I made wasn't all stencils, but stencils and stickers. It's fairly easy in CAP, but CAP wasn't being nice to me (problem solved now though). So I screencapped the different layers from CAP, and tried doing it in photoshop. I had given up on it after a few hours. Once again, I had an epiphany whilst trying to go to sleep, and so had another go at it this morning. Unfortunately it's too pixely to use, but this is what I made:

I've downloaded a tonne of shapes for the shape tool in PS so I'll try and make something similar with those.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 01:10:54 AM »
Medium Diagonal Stripes 01 for Schipperke:
I just opened the one in the game file and rotated it 90 degrees clockwise.
Found in Geometric

Swirls_Bubbles_01
Seamless - I made this in Photoshop with my new shape tools and the offset filter to make it seamless.
Found in themes.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 07:02:35 AM »
I have found a lot of lovely images whilst looking for good material to convert to patterns. Some are so nice it just kills me that they are not seamless and can't be made so. So, I'm going to do a set of Wall Art - when a painting just won't do! I made the frame and matt in photoshop, and imported everything into CAP.

Here is my first trial run:

Wall Art 01

This is best placed on the middle tile of the wall-sets that came with Late Night "Large Wood Squares".
Found in Plastics and Rubber.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 09:23:21 AM »
Medium Diagonal Stripes 01 for Schipperke:
I just opened the one in the game file and rotated it 90 degrees clockwise.

I've been wishing for this for a long time.  Now I can hardly wait to get into my game and start playing with it!  Thanks very much, Chuckles.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Chuckles_82

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »
I will make some more reverse patterns later, too. I'll upload the rest in the other thread. Here are 3 more new ones:

Flowers_03
Found in themes

Floral_07
Found in fabrics

Vines_01
Found in themes

Chuckles_82

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 11:30:43 PM »
More fun today with photoshop :) Here is a 4 channel pattern, with FIVE colours (two channels mix to make the fifth)

Border_03 and Border_03R
Found in themes, there is a left and right version.

If anyone would like a top/bottom or corner version please let me know and I'll whip one up :D

Border_03H
Found in themes, this pattern fits in the middle of the wall border for "Wall With Border and Ornate Crown and Baseboard Moulding" and other wall coverings with the border in the same position. It sits centre with a little room on top and bottom. The matching Hex code for the green colour is c5f0d2

Border_03T and Border_03B
Found in themes, the border is at the top of the pattern on one, at the bottom on the other (hence the T and B)

Also a reminder (add-ended to first post since I didn't put it there right away) you can use my patterns for anything you like, but please credit me if you share.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2013, 03:07:58 AM »

If anyone would like a top/bottom or corner version please let me know and I'll whip one up :D

Please could you make one for the other side, and possible also a border? I'd love to use it in a Nursery!