Author Topic: Added More RAM to my laptop, but it says I used my max memory on Sims  (Read 3097 times)

Offline HAWTgeek

• Nooboo
I added more ram because it was a good deal, and it has made things much easier on everything else. I fired up the Sims as it has been saying I had insufficient memory, and it was doing fine until I was remodeling a house on the Sims and it suddenly froze and crashed. I went to my program that tells me why my game crashed.
It said "Max Memory Used- Try to reduce memory usage by lowering settings"
I am deleting some custom content (I had a lot), but will that work?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Welcome to the forum.

It certainly can't hurt but when it says reduce your settings it's talking about graphics settings.  You probably need to reduce a few of those too.   Removing reflections from all surfaces can do loads if you haven't already done that.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HAWTgeek

• Nooboo
Thanks, and I did lower my settings and restart as it told me to do. It crashed yet again as I was opening a new family in CAS. I have faced a lot of sims problems and fixed them before, but this one is just completely bewildering me. Everything I try does no good.
It first said I needed more memory, I added more RAM. Then it tells me to lower settings, so I lower them. It still crashes. What should I do now?

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
What are your system specs?

Sims crashes, its not a perfect game. It might not be your game :) How much RAM do you have?

anything