Author Topic: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Departure (Complete)  (Read 103884 times)

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - The Life of Crow the Crow
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2013, 07:55:50 AM »
Poor Crow. I only do the major animals in Pets, but that's still sad.
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2013, 08:19:22 AM »
It was very strange how Crow vanished. I've had some small pets in another game, but nothing strange ever happened to them. Ah well, strange things happen.
I believe the firework picture is three different ones going off at once. Its been a while, though, so I'm not sure. For once I'm actually quite a bit ahead of the story.
Poor Parry is very skinny. All of them are, really, except for Chance. Maybe they ought to eat some extra food.
Thank you for reading! Also, thank you, anyone out there who reads but doesn't comment!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »
Just got caught back up with this.  Loved the "named him Crow, because he's a crow.  My boy's a genius" part!  Some really solid, witty writing.  I'm also jealous as I had two members of a household stalk a crow for a full night and they never got the option to befriend (or capture) him.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2013, 09:07:04 PM »

I was just getting caught up on this, as well. Glad to see some of the unique red-eyed genes popping back up for Parry. You seem to have a really good strategy going, testing the supermaxes you want to use with spares before trying the real thing. Good luck to your simmies with reaching the land of madness! And now I feel like I need to go back to playing some Skyrim.  :P

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »
Thank you! It has been really helpful to test maxing the skills with spares. Because I've never really maxed more than perhaps three skills, I wasn't sure how hard most of them would be. Luckily, it seems to be working out and some of the skills are not as tough to get all the challenges done as I thought. Logic is so hard and time-consuming though, so I don't know if I'm going to use that one.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2013, 10:53:15 AM »
I've done logic multiple times.  Just reading the logic books has been the fastest route, but using the telescope brings money for astrological discoveries and the chemistry table gives you nifty potions.
Using the spares as guinea pigs is fabulous!

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »
That's good to know about logic! It does seem more manageable than it did before I tried it with Luck. I'm thinking I probably won't attempt it in this dynasty, mostly because Nightmare and Chaotic both have quite a few points in it because of their careers and they will probably sneak in more over time. But now I know I could probably do it, which is good in case I need to change a later skill for some reason.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2013, 10:37:34 PM »
Parry the Teenager

The piano in Parry's room is mostly just there because it looks awesome, but apparently he likes to play it. Not that he has much time for it, with his school and his cooking.

Before, my family just collected rocks. Now apparently they want to cut them into shapes as well. So there are awful, loud cutting noises all the time. It makes sleeping very difficult, but at least I can go dig through other people's trash to get away from it. My brother has also spent a lot of time donating over 15,000 of our money to undermining charity. I could have used that money to buy... I don't know. A car? My mother got a very expensive car and I have a police car, which is worth nothing. Although it does look awesome.

My sister still spends a lot of time on her garden, though not as much currently, because part of it is frozen with all the snow. So she carves pumpkins. Amaterasu brought a lot back from the Fall Festival, so I guess she decided we didn't need all of them. Did I mention she also has her own special room attached to the garden? She's the only one who can get to the underground part of the garden, too.

It's a bit strange, though, that our winter decorations consist of lots and lots of pumpkins. Also, the mean people around town - and my own mother and brother - like to destroy the poor carved pumpkins. Evil people, those pumpkins are enjoying their short, outdoorsy lives! I think. I've never tried to communicate with a pumpkin, so I can't actually be sure of that.

Parry's prom was pretty soon after he started back at school. He didn't have a date, which seems to be a tradition in our family. Luck doesn't count, because of the whole weird thing where Amaterasu appeared out of nowhere and asked him to the prom. Parry is so adorable! Of course, he doesn't really appreciate it when I tell him that, but its true.

I guess the prom went well, though Parry didn't talk about it much. He doesn't talk much ever. Just sometimes to me and to Amaterasu. And his classmates, I think. He was voted Prom King, so I guess that he does get along with the other people at school. He also only got into one fight, which I find amazing. I was in at least three and Chance in five. Though I may be exaggerating, because its been a while.

They are still using the same photo backdrop at the prom. I'm starting to think that my school may be a somewhat low-budget place. But it doesn't matter, because I'm done there and Parry will be finished with school soon as well. And then all the cooking he is constantly doing will be even more useful, because he is going to work at the Blooming Cactus Bistro like Amaterasu. When I think about it, I sort of wish my son wanted to follow in my footsteps and not his aunt's, but he wants to cook and he can't have the same job as me anyway.

Since the kitchen is basically his now, Paranoia had it rearranged and... more or less remodeled. Now its all dark and green, with these pointy windows that I guess he likes.

Amaterasu's new fridge is extremely nice. Nothing ever goes bad in it! So I guess this means we will be eating a lot of mushroom-omelet things. Because for some reason, that's what Amaterasu and Parry both like to make more than anything. Maybe its from always cooking late at night and early in the morning? I've always though curry was an all-day food, but no one else seems to.

We kept the fish-tank, with the sweet little angelfishes. Which are probably not the same ones as when I was a child. I think there used to be death-fish in there, but at some point it was changed to angelfish. There's also a television, which is only allowed to stay as long as no immortal or immortal-to-be makes use of the many channels on skills we are not allowed to master.
It's... not going to last long.

The eating and cooking areas of the kitchen are completely separated, so that only Amaterasu and Parry can cook now. Probably a good thing, because my mother keeps trying to make food when she's been fishing all night and its really not ideal.

While its not the kitchen I was used to and its quite a bit darker than I like rooms to be, its quite nice. A good place to eat. Although there are only three seats, so it can get really crowded if more than a few people want to be in there at once.

Amaterasu has taken up inventing. Apparently, my family members have collected all the gems that are easy to find around her and so they need a miner to find rarer ones more efficiently. So their plan is to have Amaterasu invent one. She's the only one who isn't busy all the time, I guess. So far, she's just caught on fire several times and made some strange little metal toys. Good thing there's a shower right next to the inventing table, or she might be gone. And then Luck would be really sad.

My mother is also busy. Working, fishing, working from home, fishing, and working out. My mother really loves to work. She also loves cheese, which is why she keeps a piece next to her computer. I have no idea why that is, though. Anyway, this is more or less normal here. Exciting, in a long and boring and stressful sort of way. Yes, this is fun.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Parry the Teenager
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2013, 10:49:46 PM »
I enjoy your sage of the steampunk theme  :=)
Also, cheese constantly next to the computer.  That's a thing.  Sure it is.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2013, 11:22:59 PM »
Collecting gems are awesome way to get rich and good as collection too. I also loved the new decoration it suits this family well and make this dynasty different from others ;)
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2013, 12:25:59 AM »
I think beside of your choice of name for your Dynasties. Steampunk related also your strong point, Akon. You seem know how to implement them into your decoration and building. The new kitchen looks awesome! You did a great job by that, I hope that you'll keep your uniqueness along the way :)

It's another good read before I sleep for real *yawn* good night ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2013, 09:45:56 PM »
Parry Graduates Already

Tragically, Paranoia's teenage years did not last long. Well, technically, I suppose they did, but we were all so busy doing the same stuff over and over and over and... yeah, I think that was enough 'over's to get the idea across. Anyway, the time went by very quickly.

Ah, aging up. It's a very strange experience. There's no other way to describe it. And it's almost time for the rest of us to age up again as well. It'll be the last time for us though. We're all going to be old. I, of course, will be the most awesome still. Based on my entire life, I've determined that I age well. Chance laughed when I told her this and said she finds it hard to believe I am not a diva.

My Parry, all grown up! He is still so precious, my sweet little Parry. Well, I probably shouldn't call him 'sweet little Parry', because he isn't a small child anymore. But he is my precious Parry and he always will be. Which reminds me, I did not manage to find anyone for him to marry while he was still in school. Why does my job have to be time consuming in an inconvenient way?

Paranoia's makeover! More or less what he was already wearing, though. I guess he likes it. If my memory is correct, I pretty much changed everything every time I aged up. Except for my horse-riding athletic clothes. I'm really attached to that outfit. Parry looks so nice in red and green! Rather festive, though.

And... I thought that was the exact same outfit. But no, apparently there is no red and a brighter green in this one. Basically as soon as he was a young adult, Parry went to the Blooming Cactus Bistro and got a job. With his already amazing cooking skills, I know he will succeed quickly! My son is the best in the world, I sure of it!

He choose to go with a kilt, like his father. Even though he's not a merman/mermaid/merperson anymore, its still a great look. I just think its awesome that merpeople can show off their scales with a kilt. I only know a few though. Now that Solomon and Paranoia are no longer merpeople, actually, I think its down to one paparazzi.

And now that I look at this picture, I'm realizing that I accidentally used a newer picture of Parry when I was showing off his kitchen. For some reason, I'm not supposed to do that. My mother says that if we're going to chronicle our whole immortality-thing, it needs to be chronological. But hopefully no one will notice until this. Particularly my mother. She's a bit picky about strange things. Like after Solomon got a motive mobile, she decided that no one else was allowed to get one because 'it was boring'.

Yeah, so... the embarrassing picture incident... I'm going to try to forget about that. You should too. So back to the important stuff. My life. I got the day off of work to go to Paranoia's graduation. We all went, except for Solomon, because he'd already went off bowling with a friend.

I have to say, I think that my family looks very awesome running. We are an extremely cool family, if I do say so myself. And we get along great. Well, my mother and I aren't getting along so well currently, but that's what happens when you never talk and people spread mean rumors about you. I ought to do something about that.

Paranoia looks so grown-up in his graduation hat! Chance says its called a cap, but I'm fairly sure that its a hat. Those words are not interchangeable, I think. Anyway, Parry looks so grown-up and I'm so proud of him! Everyone is. He's such a good child. Aside from the being paranoid thing, which should really not be a surprise.

Solomon, meanwhile, was at the bowling alley with his friend. Apparently an alien he met somewhere. I don't know how you get to find aliens, although I believe a paparazzi we had once when I was little got abducted. I wonder why most families don't have a family paparazzi. The only reason we don't still have one is that it's gotten too crowded.

It seems the bowling alley is where old guys of every imaginable supernatural type go to hang out. Who would have thought? Honestly, I don't even know why we have a bowling alley. No one in the family has ever gone there before. My mother says that the dreams didn't really know if a bowling alley would be useful or not. I'd like to know what dreams have to do with bowling. I mean, they can't bowl. That's why they're dreams and not people.

Hmm. Aliens. Interesting people. I wonder if they're good bowlers. Solomon never said, but I know he didn't do well. I guess you've got to keep working at it to get to be a better bowler. One pin. Okay, I've decided that neither the alien or Solomon is a good bowler. Then again, I don't know that much about bowling. But I'm pretty sure that I'm right. Maybe I ought to ask my mother. She knows all kind of random things.

Yay, Parry was Valedictorian! He was also voted to be the most likely to never leave the house. I didn't know that was even something that people would come up with. I can't remember what I got. Hmm, looking back, my mother didn't write it down. And apparently my sister was most likely to never leave the house, as well! Unless that was me... wow, my memory is failing. Not surprising, since I'm about to be old. Anyway, yay for Parry!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Parry Graduates Already
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2013, 09:55:45 PM »
For no real reason at all, I expected Crow the crow to randomly show up at the graduation. 
The shot of Parry in the kitchen was fantastic.  His coloring, his red eyes, and the lighting worked together really well.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2013, 10:29:31 PM »
I think it was a full moon when I took that picture, which gave the light - and everything else - that really bluish look. I'm very glad that my picture-taking skills have improved since the beginning, at least a bit. I still have to work a lot on the story-telling part, though.

On a side note, as anyone reading this ever maxed writing and the journalism career? Because I'm considering it for later, but I'm not sure how hard it is to finish those two.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
Both are pretty doable for a dynasty. I recently had a mortal get through journalism, though it took a while because he cared about sculpting more and did the minimal amount of skilling needed for journalism. If I actually cared, he would have finished it before his elder birthday.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded