Author Topic: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Departure (Complete)  (Read 103014 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Paranoia Gets Married
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2013, 05:34:15 PM »
That's just a nice-looking couple!  She didn't look like a fit with the jeans and baseball shirt, but oh the wonders a makeover can do!  Raven (the Raven) contributing was fantastic!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
I can see another feature added to your story, the commentator. I enjoyed what Raven described a lot. It seems Paranoia live his name a lot looking at his attitude, thought and behavior. Glad that he finally found someone as his partner, so it’s generation fourth that would be come?

It always nice to see another unique makeover of your and as usual the museum looks good.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
Thanks! Ever since I put the raven in the house, I've wanted to work Raven the Raven into the story, but unfortunately it didn't work with Chaotic. So now it finally has its place and I'm glad it's worked out so well. Also, thank-you to anyone who reads this, and I hope you are enjoying!

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2013, 11:34:27 PM »
Introducing Heir Number Three (And A Death)

Raven (The Raven): Well, this is me. The bird. Parry said I had to do this one. Because he had to go somewhere or something. I don't know. I'm not exactly mobile and I wasn't paying much attention. The point is, I will be the one talking about the Sheogorath Family today. In this message. Or whatever this is. I'm just a bird, I'm not well-versed in these things.

Raven (the Raven): Let's see, the Sheogorath family from an outsider's point of view. That outsider would be me, obviously. Nightmare is the founder, an insane woman whose origins are a mystery. No one knows where she came from or who she was before moved into Lucky Palms one day. Chaotic is her daughter and doesn't focus on thing well. She's extremely self-centered. Paranoia is the third immortal-to-be. He's the only person who thinks I'm not just a fake bird, which makes him the most intelligent person here.

Raven (the Raven): For reasons unknown to me, Abriella suddenly gave up her old lifetime goal of become a charismatic guitar player, or something to that effect. She decided to start writing all the time instead. Well, I guess she didn't give up the guitar, but with all that writing there isn't going to be much time for it. Also, someone is going to have to take care of the garden when Chance is gone and I'm guessing it'll be her.

Raven (the Raven): Here she is, the fourth immortal-to-be, heir number three, Mania Sheogorath. She is very popular with the family, and does very little. After all, she's a baby. Of course, Paranoia and Abriella think that she is the best child in the entire world. Which is exactly what Chaotic thought about Parry when he was a child. I guess she still does, he's just not a child anymore. I know this because I was there when he was a kid.

Raven (the Raven): Yeah, I think I'm going to talk a bit about me in the middle of the pictures of the new Sheogorath family member. Because there isn't much to say about her and I feel I deserve a bit more of an introduction. I'm Raven, the raven. Paranoia named me when he was young, so that explains that. All imaginary friends out there should be relieved that they were not his imaginary friend. Really though, Chance named her friend Amaterasu, Luck called his Iona, and Chaotic gave her imaginary friend the name Gideon. That's imaginative. Which may explain why Paranoia didn't get one in the first place.

Raven (the Raven): I am a down-to-earth bird, who likes to explain things in a clear manner. Like Chaotic, I'm a bit self-absorbed. Its hard not to be when there's not much else to talk about, since you're stuck on a shelf-thing. I get to hear about the world from Parry, part of how we've become such good friends. I do have a good view of a piece of the yard from a window in front of me, but that's not much. Just enough to see who comes and goes from the kitchen. It's a life you've got to have always lived if you want to manage it, I'd say. As far as I know, I've always been this was, so it works for me.

Raven (the Raven): Parry is a nice guy. He's fairly paranoid, though not as much as he says. Being named Paranoia puts pressure on him, with the two previous members of his family being so matched to their names. Nightmare with her dreams and Chaotic... being chaotic. Luck and Chance even went along with their names. Things just tended to work out for them - even though neither was actually lucky. In a family of insane people, this seems to be fairly normal.

Hi, this is Paranoia. I'm back. I forgot I had to work and left when my mother said I was supposed to be working on this. So I asked Raven the Raven to work on it while I was gone. But I'm back now, so I guess I'd better take over again. Besides, other people talk too much. About... I don't know what, but I'm sure its stuff that shouldn't just be told to people we don't trust. Well, I don't trust, at least. Something tragic also happened.

Aunt Amaterasu's time ran out. She'd only just reached about 90, so it was very sad. It also had to happen the one day she decided to visit the library to read some books. People in our family don't seem to stay around very long. Aside from my father, I believe the longest anyone lasted was Darren Dream and he only made it to 96 or so.

Uncle Luck went to the library to pick up her tombstone and take it to the cemetery. He said he put it in the fenced-in area where Aunt Amaterasu became his girlfriend. They were married at the cemetery as well. Which I suppose it why my mother got married at the bistro. She didn't want to be the same as Uncle Luck. My business purchase was the hospital, so that was definitely not a great place to get married either.

Aunt Amaterasu didn't want to leave, but there's no point arguing with Mr. Reaper. Its just his job to come take people away. Our family is on good terms with the Grim Reapers. After all, we've met quite a few of them. Or the same one a lot of times. That's what happens when you're trying to become immortal and have other people helping. They are going to move on. But hopefully what they were helping to do succeeds. If we failed, then it would be sad.

Rest in peace, Aunt Amaterasu. I'm sure you'll be happy when Uncle Luck eventually joins you. Thank you for helping me.

Abriella has taken up writing. She already liked writing and had a couple books. Writing is very time consuming and hard, it seems to me. Though I don't actually know much about it, so its probably also fun. At least some of the time.

Before I knew it, it was already time for my daughter to become a toddler. She is very adorable, and her orange-ish hair is interesting. She doesn't have red eyes, which made my Grandmother sad. She's very attached to the family eye color. Its not common, so I won't be surprised if it doesn't stick around much longer.

Anyway, little Mania got new, colorful toddler clothes and became even more adorable than she already was. Everyone is fond of her, even Raven the Raven. Her life already seems to be going by so fast... well, at least that means she can take over telling our story sooner. I'm not good at this and I'm already very close to done. Why does it have to take so long to get from adult to elder?

Yet, Mania probably won't be a child for long. Being busy makes everything pass faster. Then again, once I finish all the requirements other than being old, maybe that will make things seem slower. I'm going to hope that's the case. At least Mania is an immortal-to-be. I wonder how Grandma gets along, when only one of her children could be the immortal.

Mania got a doll, like my mother and my aunt and uncle. I wonder if it'll turn into an imaginary friend like theirs did. Mania named it Kozilek. According to my mother her imaginary friend, Gideon, is still around. I guess I'll have to believe her because no one else can see him.
Comment by Raven (the Raven): I can see him. Because I'm special. Chaotic never made Gideon real because that way, he would never die. So now we have a crazy imaginary friend that will be running around here for who knows how long.

So... goodbye and have a good day. Or night. Or... whatever makes sense.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Heir Three
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2013, 11:42:06 PM »
Mania's adorable and rather brightly clad.  Stands out nicely amongst the other colors in the homestead for manic contrast, I suppose.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2013, 05:33:47 AM »
What a fun way to see Raven as our storyteller as well narrator. It gives fresh thing to add in your dynasty and I think that was creative!

Ah, R.I.P Amaterasu. I knew that this day would come *sob* but why she even had that scene, that make me even more sad. But, she has a large tombstone, right :'( ?

Mania, what a unique name as well! Did you plan something on her upcoming story with her namesake, Akon? :P
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2013, 06:27:13 PM »

Aw, Mania is just the cutest! I love her super-bright outfits; it's a nice contrast with her coloring.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2013, 02:21:53 PM »
Thanks all! Mania is definitely the most colorful person in the house.

Ah, R.I.P Amaterasu. I knew that this day would come *sob* but why she even had that scene, that make me even more sad. But, she has a large tombstone, right :'( ?

She did get a large tombstone, so it worked really well for replacing the one that was already in the cemetery in the fence by the fountain (that one got put in the mausoleum). It's sad when the extra people die...

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »
I am in love with Abriella's makeover, she looks fantastic. Welcome to Mania, loving the name themes you have. RIP, Amaterasu.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
Well, the holidays ended and I barely worked on this. Which I really meant to do, because school is so inconvenient and takes up valuable time. Anyway, after getting through my more-or-less annual play through of Knights of the Old Republic II (which is definitely on the less side of annual), I'm finally updating this again. So, here it is.

The Sad Part (I Knew Was Coming)

Hi. This is Parry. Paranoia, as I'm actually named. But I guess you remember that by now. Last time, I got to introduce my daughter, Mania. She's very colorful and bright and will probably learn to talk a lot faster than I did. Though, that might have more to do with the fact that everyone was really busy with other stuff when I was a child.

Mania, luckily, gets to have everyone's full attention, because my aunt and uncle are finished their dynasty-helping work a while back and my mother and grandmother are both immortal. My aunt Chance especially likes to spend time with Mania. Which is good, because even though I'm finishing things pretty fast I do still have a ways to go. I'll probably finish a lot faster than my mother and grandmother, at least. My grandmother almost ran out of time, so I really hope that doesn't happen to me.

My mother started on Mania's statue, while Aunt Chance went to work on the painting. Uncle Luck decided scuplting would be a fun activity to take up. Since he doesn't have to spend all his time trying to get chess opponents to come over or visiting the cemetery to use the telescope he put there, I guess he's got a lot of free time now. Now I'm starting to feel like I was neglected as a child...

I shouldn't complain about that right now, though, because this is the sad part. My Aunt Chance died.

She didn't even get to finish Mania's portrait, which means my mother will have to paint it instead, I guess. Aunt Chance really liked painting the family portraits. She did all of mine when I was young. My mother is going to have to finish that as well.

It was very sad. We were all upset. Aside from Mania, because she's just a toddler and didn't have any idea what happened. Though my uncle and my grandmother really enjoy it when everyone else is upset, so that's a bit disturbing.

And on the subject of my Uncle Luck, he died too. That is that sad thing about having relations who are all the same age. Once one of the goes, the rest do too. At least he was doing his favorite thing.

Chopping up gemstones, really, really loudly. Its very disruptive when someone starts cutting gems in the middle of the night. But my uncle loved to. I'll miss that, I guess.

It was kind of funny in one way. Uncle Luck walked/floated all the way over to the entry-room-box-thing to talk to Mr. Reaper. He was not enthusiastic about leaving. He really wanted to cut one last gem.

Mr. Reaper didn't care. It's his job to take people off... wherever it is they go. I'm not sure where that is. Anyways, he has to listen to lots of people complain about why they need to stay and apparently my uncle's arguments was one of the weakest he'd ever heard. Anyway, Uncle Luck is gone now, probably back with Amaterasu somewhere. So they're probably happy.

I got older. Well, my mother says that its only older if you think it is and that she's still young, but technically, I'm older. I'm practically an elder already! I can't believe that I let my life get away from me! I must go find some way to make up for not doing... whatever it is young people do!

Raven (the Raven): Excuse me. I would just like to say that my friend is obviously having a midlife crisis and that you should ignore the crazy things that he says. Wait, he is insane... ignore the exclaiming, because that's not typical behaviour for him. He was never very childlike anyway.

Raven (the Raven): Instead, let us view the ammusing spectical I like to call, "Sim Shocked by Suddenly Being Older".

Raven (the Raven): Well, it seems I've been abandoned by my best friend. I'm insulted. I would go find a new best friend, but I'm not mobile. So I'll just stay here and finish this with something easy to talk about. Oh, an Mania learned to walk and talk and potty. I'm not impressed.

Raven (the Raven): Here is the museum. It is a two-story place for keeping paintings, photographs, and statues of immortals and immortals-to-be. The only entrance is... well, there actually isn't one right now. There's a door that goes in and out. The window wall is new too, I'm pretty sure.

I don't actually have a view of it from my perch. Maybe I should ask to be moved somewhere more interesting. Well, that is the museum. Mania's part is already colored, but the rest for future people seems fairly random. Actually, I think we're going to need a three story museum to include all the immortals. If they even get that far.

Why the immortality thing, anyway? So they can go to some magical island that may or may not exist, and whose locations, populace, and even nature are unknown? I highly doubt such a place exists, but no one will listen to the talking stuffed bird. Why are people all alike that way? Maybe Mania will be my friend and actually do what I say. But she's too attached to that toy... Okay, I'm done now. Go away.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - The Sad Part
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2014, 10:05:10 PM »
Glad to see this is going again!  Poor, neglected Raven.  I hope he keeps being part of the storyline even if Parry ignores him now.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
Thanks! I'm sure Raven will stick around. He doesn't give up easily.

On a side note, maybe I should have put this in the beginning, but I guess I'll put it here:
I am going for a HoF attempt and I am playing with all expansion and stuff packs (I finally installed Into the Future after forgetting about it for several months). Season are 7-day per season, the moon phases are on and also take 7 days, I think. Pets and horses are off but supernaturals and celebrities are on.

I think that's the major relevant information. Anyway, thank you to anyone who is reading this! I hope it is enjoyable!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2014, 06:38:40 PM »

That's actually a pretty smart arrangement for your museum. Hard to forget it's there, and the windows make the pieces visible all the time.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »
Mania's Toddlerhood

Hello. It's me again, Paranoia. Now, mostly I don't like to talk about my family. Which is why you haven't heard much about... anything, really. Sharing is not my thing, because I don't trust strange people. Or not-strange people, for that matter. But the point is, today I shall talk about my family. Because Mania is the most adorable toddler I have ever met. Even if she is the only toddler I've ever known.

My daughter is incredibly talented. My mother taught her how to talk a while back, and now I taught her how to walk. She likes to talk. And play with her doll. Which will become an imaginary friend at this rate. I guess they're handy to have. After all, my mother didn't have to worry about one of her friends dying because he was imaginary. Though my Uncle Luck's poor imaginary friend, Iona, vanished when he died and no one is sure what exactly became of her because she was never real.

Abriella was working at the news or paper or whatever it is place, but she quit. Between writing and gardening, work was taking up too much time, she said. Until someone else can tend the garden, she has decided to take it over. I offered to help, but apparently my mother, grandmother, and I aren't allowed even near the garden. It's a skill we're not allowed to learn apparently.

I'm not sure how much I like this immortality thing. You can only learn certain skills. You can only have certain jobs. Only get certain rewards. Only do certain opportunities. Its very constricting. What if I wanted to be an athlete and not a cook? I don't, but still, what if that were the case? So far its worked out, but one of these days someone isn't going to want to do what they're supposed to and they'll have to anyway.

Plus there's the whole not-dying thing, which seems very overrated when you can't do much except sit around and try not to learn anything you aren't supposed to. I know my mother and grandmother don't seem to mind, but I don't like it. And Raven agrees with me. He says the whole dynasty thing doesn't have a point anyway. After all, my mother and grandmother can't even agree on where this Shivering Isles place is or what's there.

Anyway, Abriella writes almost all the time. She supervises while Mania plays with Kozilek on the floor. I'm glad she stuck around, because I can't imagine marrying anyone but Abriella. It would just be strange. I know, because it looked like it might be really hard to find someone to marry for a while and all the people I met just thought I was crazy. Which I guess I am, but why do they think that's a bad thing?

My mother keeps up her trash-digging, reporting-writing ways. I don't think she ever plans to retire. Neither does my grandmother. It takes up time, which seems like a very good thing when you need to wait for a bunch of your descendants to become immortal.

The end of Mania's toddler-time came way too soon, I think. She should stay an adorable toddler much longer. Before I know it, she'll be a teenager and be teenager like! Probably. I wasn't, but she might be. I don't actually know what 'teenager-like' even means, so I'm just hoping it is a good thing and she'll still be my precious little daughter.

My grandmother said that she likes my kilt and it makes me look like my father. That is a complement, I think. But I already look a lot like my father anyway. If I were still a mer-person, it would be really awesome, but all that eating fish and kelp sounded boring. So I said goodbye to the shiny scales. And that is why Mania is just a normal sim. My mother is a witch. I don't know if she ever said that, but she is. So I was basically either going to be a mer-person or a witch.

The eating side of the kitchen is a bit cramped, so the fish got to enjoy the birthday party as well. My mother was off working, so it was just Abriella, my grandmother, and me. And Mania, of course. My grandmother took her to the cake. I guess stealing candy from toddlers helps you get to know them well.

Mania blew out the candles and aged up! With the sparkles and stuff. All very fun, I guess. Last time that happened to me, I got old, so I didn't really enjoy it. But Mania seemed to.

As for the outfit she aged into, I have only one thing to say. Why? Who would do that to her? What happened to her hair? Plantsim 'hair' is for plantsims. And maybe some people who can pull it off.
Raven (the Raven): And as much as my dear friend Paranoia hates to say it, his daughter does not pull off that look. Bwa-ha-ha! Soon I shall be able to manipulate her into doing whatever I want! Because that plan failed with Parry...

Mania was really tired, so she just went to sleep. Being a toddler is exhausting, apparently. Taking care of one certainly can be. Its a good thing we have two immortals who work at opposite times in the house, because it made it a lot easier.

As soon as she got up, Mania did get her wardrobe changed. Either her room influenced her, or she was always meant to be the most colorful person in the house. Either way, I guess it works.
Raven (the Raven): Yes. Ignoring me. How fun. I would like to say that I feel I am much better at commentating, for the record. Also, Mania is supposed to be brightly colored. Its a thing somewhere, apparently.

I think Raven the Raven is a bit insulted because I didn't talk to him for a while. So don't pay attention to his being upset. He'll get over it. The point is, my Mania is the cutest child in the whole world and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Abriella agrees. My mother says everyone thinks that about their children. Maybe she's right.

I'm not sure where Mania's orangish hair came from. A new color for the family, I guess. Personally, I do have to say that I'm happy she doesn't have my grandmother's white-and-black hair. That was very strange. She always says its natural. Or it used to be, because her hair did turn grey when she got old. I think. My mother was a toddler at the time. Wow. That was a long time ago.

Raven (The Raven): All touching and sweet and nice. Yay. Please someone come hang out with the poor, non-mobile bird, because this gets really boring.
Okay, okay. So, goodbye!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Mania's Toddlerhood
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »
I enjoy the interactions between Paranoia and Raven the raven.  It adds a nice element to the storytelling.  I'll be anxious to hear what Mania's narrating voice sounds like once it's her turn to take the reins.

anything