Author Topic: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Departure (Complete)  (Read 103823 times)

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Naomi
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »
The ironic ting is that she seems obsessed with marrying Obsession. 

Yes, Naomi is indeed! Next, to one day find out what Obsession thinks about all this, when he finally gets to find out.

Also, good idea to clone gems! I thought of cloning people but I totally didn't even think of gems.

I have you to thank for remembering that science can be used to clone things! And for knowing to send Angela to the library to learn it faster. So, thank you! My gem collection deeply appreciates you.  :)   I've finally been able to finish it!

Obsession is so fluffy and adorable.

I do like Obsession very much. My sims are always very skinny, so it's nice to have someone different for once. I'm not entirely sure how I arrived at the look he has, but I do like how it is working for him!

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Naomi
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
Well, I just realized that Parry has red eyes. Apparently Nightmare’s eye color did show up again. But it’s been gone since then, hopefully Naomi can bring it back once more. Yeah… these are things I should probably know about my own sims… Well, thank-you to everyone who is reading this story! I really appreciate your support!

In Which Angela Deceases

So… yeah. Hi. This is my house in winter. It gets all covered in snow and we can’t even hang lights because of the roof. It’s all flat and stuff. It doesn’t have an edge to hang things on. So no lights for us.

What else? There’s not much to say. My friend Angela who moved in with us adopted a daughter. She’s called Naomi.

That’s a picture from when she was younger. She’s a teenager now. I wasn’t sure why she was adopted in the first place, since its very crowded here, but then I eventually figured it out.

She’s here to make nectar. I don’t know why we need nectar. That’s not really important to me. I have to work at getting promoted to higher ranks in the business world. I can’t focus on other things right now. There seems to be lots of pictures of Naomi, though, which makes it hard to talk about my work. I would like to talk about my job.

She looks like she’s wearing a straightjacket. I didn’t notice that before.

Well, I was hoping I could talk about how I was going of to my work, at the Sahara Corporate Headquarters, but apparently Naomi got in the middle of the picture. I am in the background, though. Going to work.

I’m in the back of this one too. I went for a jog by our house. But the vampire paparazzi rebel who likes to rant in front of our house apparently took this picture over. Inconsiderate.

Well… maybe I should have introduced myself back at the beginning. Sorry about that. I’m Obsession Sheogorath. My mother was the narrator of our story before me. I think she was probably a lot better at it. But she’s a writer, so that would make sense.

At least I finally found a picture of me. But I’m sleeping in it. Not working. I want to talk about working! I really love my job. Currently I make analysis of stuff to help my superiors. But one day, I’m going to be the CEO. And then… I don’t know, I’ll be whatever comes after that. Until I get to the very top. Then I’ll be kind of sad. I like being promoted.

Angela completed our gem collection by cloning the ones we didn’t have enough of. My great-grandfather Paranoia went and cut them, because he’s good at that. He is sort-of in charge of the collection. Angela has the most unusual things happen to her. A meteor almost hit her when she first moved in.

Then she got hit by lightning while scanning gems in the rain. I didn’t know that could even happen. I’m not going outside when it’s thundering anymore. She was okay, though, after she stopped being singed.

My… great-great Grandma? However we’re related, Chaotic when and got fireworks. Lots of them. I don’t know why. I was busy working and sort of missed the whole thing.
Raven (the raven): Well, I’m back again! Although I also don’t know why she went and bought so many fireworks. Maybe she was bored?
This is a bird. He’s called Raven and lives in my mother’s room. He likes to talk. A lot. Apparently he thinks that he is very useful and important.
Raven (the raven): I’ve never seen anything to prove that I’m not.

They were kind of loud. It was a bit annoying while I was trying to work. I don’t like it when things are interrupting my work.
Raven (the raven): He is way more of a workaholic than Nightmare.

I really love my job. Well, it’s not great, but I keep getting promoted and it keeps getting better. I’m sure I will be very good in charge of everything one day. It will be great for everyone.

Raven (the raven): Yeah, let’s just make the crazy guy who never wears shoes in charge of our company. I’m sure that’s what everyone is thinking.
Really? That’s nice to know. Very helpful and inspiring.
Raven (the raven): You… you are very unique, Obe. I’m not even sure if that’s a good thing, or a bad thing.
I hope it’s good.

Like that firework! That was pretty awesome. Too bad I missed it. I was working. But, I need to get promoted. Because it will be fun. Maybe I’ll get some raises too. I would like that a lot.

Raven (the raven): This is me, in my nice, comfy place in Demi’s room. With my cheese and computer and holographic dogwood. And I don’t know if I’ll ever, ever leave, because I met the true love of my life the other day.

You have a painting of your true love, Raven?
Raven (the raven): What? No. The painting is my true love. She’s a very nice person. Painting. Thing. I don’t even know what she is, but I don’t know what I am either, so that’s totally fine by me.
Does she talk, too?
Raven (the raven): Not to you, she doesn’t.

Oh yeah. This was the important thing that happened. Angela died. It was very sad. I hadn’t even realized she was so old already.

It was very surprising, because of that. She was just analyzing gems, and then her time was up. I guess she didn’t mind, though.

Mr. Reaper came and they shook hands and she left. I was sad. We were good friends. She was a nice person. Everyone liked her. Even Nightmare, and she doesn’t like most people.

Naomi was very, very sad. After all, Angela was her mother. I would have tried to brighten her day, but then she took the grave off to the cemetery. I guess that was a good thing to do.

Well, I need to get back to my work. I would really rather be doing that, but my mother said I have to write about my family or she’ll be really upset. And I don’t want to upset her, because she’s very nice. I’m happy she’s immortal. I won’t have to lose my mother. I would be sad, like Naomi.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - In Which Angela Deceases
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2014, 10:42:28 PM »
Yup. Obsession is officially my favorite. Followed closely by Demi.
He's just... he's just not all the way there and I love it. He just completely misses things and no matter what you try to tell him he just... woooosh (the sound of the idea going over his head).

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »
Naomi's obsessed with Obi and Obis obsessed with his work.  Nice.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out when she informs him they're getting married.  Will he see it as being promoted in their relationship?
Also, I enjoyed how he kept getting photobombed out of his own update.  Craziness!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #244 on: May 12, 2014, 10:49:39 AM »
I still think Demi is my favorite. But she is a bookworm, so I guess that's not really surprising. :)

Also, Vampire Paparazzi Rebel? Ha.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
Also, I enjoyed how he kept getting photobombed out of his own update.  Craziness!

When I got to writing the update, I suddenly realized I'd almost completely neglected to take pictures of Obsession! Most of my pictures are of Naomi, because she doesn't just work and work at home.

Also, Vampire Paparazzi Rebel? Ha.

She seems to have decided to camp out in front of the house, because she's almost always there, ranting about something! It's kind of entertaining. The other paparazzi just mill around. 

In Which Naomi Ages

Naomi was really, really upset by her mother leaving us. It was even interfering with her task of making nectar. Which I guess is important, since its why she’s here.

So I gave her some invigorating elixirs. Maybe that will be helpful while she does… whatever other stuff it is she does. And not think about her mother being gone. That must be really awful.

I think she appreciated it, because she used them up pretty fast. Although lately she’s been spending a lot of time graffiting. I thought she was supposed to be making nectar.

Sometimes I get the feeling that I’m missing some important knowledge about her. But I’m busy and don’t have much time to think about that.
Raven (the raven): You really don’t get it, do you? Why Naomi is here. 
I don’t understand. Does this relate to my work, somehow?
Raven (the raven): No… no, it does not. There’s no point explaining, is there?

I got a very awesome computer when my mother decided to lock everyone out of her room so she could sleep in peace. Well, I was also using Naomi’s, but it broke and no one replaced it. So I got a fun, floating sphere of working-from-homeness. I love it.

It’s so amazing! The way it has a holographic… thingy. I love it. I’m typing on air!
Raven (the raven): He’s funny. I like Obe. He’s no Demi, but he amuses me. I kind of feel bad for Naomi though.
Why? Because she has to keep cleaning up her street art?

Why is it still street art, when it’s in our basement? I don’t know, but apparently it is. People with more time can think about that kind of stuff. I need to get back to my work. I’ve got to work on sucking up to my boss, Morgan Claremont. Otherwise, he starts to think other people are better workers than me. And that’s not true.

My immortal relatives just do random things. At least Chaotic likes to paint, so she can just keep doing that. I’m not exactly looking forward to the whole immortality thing. So little to do. I like to have something to focus on. What would I do if I didn’t?

Raven (the raven): Yeah, I guess I’ll be happy to move on to whoever comes after you, Obe. Sticking around while you obsess over not having anything to obsess over doesn’t sound like fun for me.

Nightmare likes to work out. She trained me some when I first started working out. I’m the second fittest person in the whole house. She is the most. It would take a lot of time I don’t have to catch up with her. We don’t always get along, but we both like to exercise.

My immortal relatives have to eat ambrosia every now and then so they don’t die. That would defeat the purpose of being immortal. They also have a lot of deathflowers in case of lightning strike and meteors, I guess.

Oh, right. The title and all. I almost forgot. Naomi had her young adult birthday. She seemed really excited about it. I don’t know why. She can already work at being a nectar-maker. So it doesn’t matter if she’s a teen. I couldn’t work at the Sahara Corporate Headquarters when I was young. It made me sad.

My grandmother, Mania, says she knows what sparkles taste like. I guess the aging-sparkles are happy they don’t have to age her anymore. It seems like it wouldn’t be nice to eat them when they are so helpful.

Something very strange happened to Naomi when she got older. Her hair changed completely. I almost didn’t recognize her. If she stays like that, I guess I’ll have to try to remember that it’s her. At least we don’t talk much, so it might not come up if I did forget.

My immortal relations all went to their immortal eating room to eat their cake. I don’t get to go in there yet. If I get to being immortal, then I can go in there too.

Naomi must not have liked looking so different, because she went off to the area where the dresser and mirror are. Or maybe she just wanted to check and make sure the sink is working right? Paranoia does that a lot.

She went back to looking like she did before.
Raven (the raven): Only now, all of her clothes are white. Before, it was just the one.
Oh, I didn’t know that. Well, I’d really like to get back to my work.
Raven (the raven): Try to think about something other than your work for a little bit, okay? You need to focus on this.

Right. Yeah. Naomi decided to talk to me. I’m not sure why she wanted to tell me about her birthday, since I was there and obviously knew it happened.

I guess she was just really thrilled about it. Maybe she wanted to be able to go buy her own nectar machines when she decided she wanted more in the middle of the night? Because Chaotic had to do that for her. I don’t know. I liked being a teen, aside from the not being able to work where I wanted to part.

So, I told her it was great. Since that’s apparently what she thought. I don’t know. Naomi’s nice, but I really don’t understand her. It doesn’t matter anyway. I’m going back to my work now. I’m getting close to being the CEO!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - In Which Naomi Ages
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »
He's just so missing it.  She's right there, and he has no clue.  It's sweet, sad, and amusing all at the same time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:22 AM »
*facepalm* Obe, Obe, Obe... You are a darling, but you are very clueless, aren't you?  Someone please clue the poor guy in!  Raven!  I think the job would fall to you! lol hehehe, that was great Akon.  Poor Obe...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2014, 01:52:56 AM »
Haha, I love Obe, he's quite like the oblivious man. Like I can almost hear this conversation playing out:
Just "hey, nectar-lady, whatchyadoin?"
"Oh, just getting ready for our wedding."
"Oh, that's nice."

One day... he's going to wind up married with a kid and not even realize it.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2014, 07:49:52 AM »
Ah, Obsession... so focused on his work and completely, totally oblivious to other things.  :)   Poor Naomi, someone needs clue him in! As difficult as that can be.

In Which Naomi Does Something

Naomi is a nice person. We’re friends now. Sometimes I wish she wouldn’t talk to me when I want to work, but that’s kind of mean. And I don’t want to be mean to anyone. I’m a nice person!

Yep. Good friends. Or maybe we’re best friends by now? I’m not sure. I don’t keep track of that stuff, but my mother says I need to. I’m still friends with Kosi, my imaginary friend. I have to remember to throw friendship potions at it every once in a while, though.

I don’t remember who was giving and who was getting the present. Or what it was. Maybe it was that time I thought I should give her something for being such a nice friend? I don’t know. My work is easier to remember. Lately, I’ve been reading stuff for my job. And I had to deal with some squabbling scientists. That was tough.

My birthday happened. I forgot about it. I wanted to go hold more meetings. But my co-workers don’t like to have meetings before 8:00 in the morning or after some time in the evening. 6:00 or 7:00 maybe. I really wish they didn’t mind. I like meetings. 

There were some paparazzi around, but it they didn’t really seem interested. That was a nice change. Usually paparazzi follow us everywhere. For some reason, my mother really hates it when they follow her to lots at night. She likes to visit deserted places. I wonder why. Oh well, I don’t have time to figure that out. I have meetings to hold.

Now I am an adult. It doesn’t matter much. New painting, new photo, new sculpture. Back to work. It’s not fair that I have to work less the higher up I get. I would like to work more. Naomi invited me to go over by the Fae Rae Arbortoreum. I guess I can’t just pretend I didn’t hear and keep working. So I’ll go.
Raven (the raven): Yeah, this is probably when Naomi will decide to do something. I don’t know. I’ll find out when Obe gets back and finishes up this thing. He wanted to end it here, so I had to tell him that it was way too short to count as finished. It'll be pretty short anyway.

Raven (the raven): Alright, he came back. Now, finish this thing up so I can get back to my life. Which is fairly dull, but less so now that I have a girlfriend to talk to. She likes to talk, just like me.
Right. Okay. I went off to the arbortoreum and I was thinking about my job. It means a lot to me and I’m hoping for another promotion soon. And so I was just thinking about that when Naomi suddenly did this!

Raven (the raven): Because who would ever have seen that coming.
I know. It was very shocking.

Raven (the raven): So… okay. That’s all you have to say?
Well, then she went back home. The paparazzi started to show up and I guess that she doesn’t like them very much.

So I went home too, because there was nothing to do there with just the paparazzi. I am fond of the vault of antiquity, though, because I did a lot of taking things there to become a master of alchemy. Or something. Anyway, Naomi was lurking in the entry hall when I got back.

She asked me to be her boyfriend. That was even more shocking. I wasn’t sure what to do.
Raven (the raven): Because no one saw that coming, either.
I know. Why is she following me around and not working on her nectar-making? That’s what she is supposed to be doing. I think she reached the top of the career recently. Because of a really valuable bottle of life-fruit nectar that my great-grandfather Paranoia accidentally transmuted when he was trying to make something else.

Well, I thought about what to say for a while. But I didn’t want to upset her or anything, especially because she was still kind of sad about her mother being gone. So I agreed to be her boyfriend.

And I guess she was happy about that. I don’t know. Maybe it’s lonely making all that nectar in the basement? Maybe it’s because she’s a hopeless romantic? Anyway, maybe she will move on to other things.

Honestly, I really don’t know what to make of all this. I’m way older than her. I helped her with her homework when she was a kid!
Raven (the raven): Yes, and only you. No one else. Ever.
Really? That’s kind of inconsiderate of them. Homework is hard. Anyway, I’m just not sure what to do about Naomi. Maybe after I get to being a CEO I can think about that.

Raven (the raven): Yeah, because Naomi will let you do that.
That’s nice of her. And you know what; I thought you said all of her clothes are white. So why does she have this really nice yellow scarf thing? I like yellow. It’s my favorite color.

Raven (the raven): You know… I’m not even going to bother being sarcastic. Nice hot tub, though. It has pretty plants.
Yes. My immortal relations decided they wanted to have another thing to do when they are passing time. So splashing in a hot tub was their first idea. We had several that people have given us for being famous. I don’t really understand that. I don’t care, either. I’m going back to my work, now.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - In Which Naomi Does Something
« Reply #250 on: May 13, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
I'm signing Obe up for classes to learn a second language:  sarcasm.  Apparently, he doesn't speak it at all!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: May 13, 2014, 01:05:29 PM »
Aw, Naomi, you got your work cut out for you gal. :)

Obe, just... don't stop being you.

I love these chapters, I can't wait until the wedding and/or child. Which ever comes first for them.

Offline honeylamb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »
He's not going to notice the wedding is he? He'll figure he's just standing under this arch of flowers in front of a beautiful girl in a beautiful dress to be nice while he's thinking about work and promotions. It won't hit him that he's married till he can't go to work because of the honeymoon! Obe is too funny!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »
Just wait until he finds out that marriage is work. ;D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: May 14, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »

Good call, Naomi. Putting on some yellow should get Obe's attention--maybe for a second or two anyway!  :P

anything