Author Topic: CAS Contest List and Winners - 2013  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
CAS Contest List and Winners - 2013
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:11:21 AM »

Create-a-Sim Contest Winners

Congratulations to the contest winners and to all the creative people who submit entries! Here you will find a list of all the Contests and Winners from 2013 in chronological order.

List of all Contests:

2013:
2013:01 - The King of Rock and Roll - Won by Joria with Love Me Tender
2013:02 - The Mother Monster - Won by ratchie with Gaga ooh la la
2013:03 - The Peoples' Princess - Won by ladybug53 with The Peoples' Princess - Diana Spencer
2013:04 - Escape from Gilligan's Island - Won by GoslettM with Voyage to Robben Island
2013:05 - Resort Wear Collection - Won by Ausette with Pretty in Paradise Set
2013:06 - Slider Showcase - Won by Vinyl with Sam McGee
2013:07 - Neanderthal Sims - Won by GoslettM with Derek Cowart
2013:08 - Back to School! - Won by ArianaJade with Stereotypical
2013:09 - Recruitment Drive - Won by Audren with Amadi Bonheur
2013:10 - Movie Night - Won by Snufflesxx with Marie Manson
2013:11 - Off the Wall - Won by GoslettM with Lisa del Giocondo
2013:12 - The New Breed - Won by Snufflesxx with Stars and Stripes the American Cats
2013:13 - Sim Trek - Won by chetanhaobijam with James T. Kirk
2013:14 - Cool Costumes - Won by chetanhaobijam with  Spooky Work Costumes and by ladybug53 with Halloween/Spooky Day
2013:15 - Story Progression SOS - Won by Clementine with The Abonda Family
2013:16 - Elder Sims Style - Won by saltpastillen with Fun, Flirty, Frosty
2013:17 - Simta is Coming! - Won by GoslettM with Simta Claus is Coming to Town and by ladybug53 with Noel - The Claus Family

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: CAS Contest List and Winners
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 06:17:48 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  01 - The King of Rock and Roll - May 13 - 16, 2013

And the winner is - Joria!

Congratulations to Joria! You can download the winning entry here: Love Me Tender.

And Joria further demonstrates her Elvis expertise with this comment:

"Well, I'm all shook up over you guys selecting my Elvis!  After loving you it's almost always true that he is always on my mind.  It was just beginners luck and a big hunk o' love that had me bringin' it back with my blue eyes cryin' in the rain.  I'd be nothin' but a hound dog if I didn't follow that dream and do my best.  The first time ever I saw his face I was in a fever, since he's been gone it's been heartbreak hotel for me.  Seriously, my young dreams all came back like yesterday, and I know someday in this wonderful world, there'll be a whole lot of shakin' goin' on, and all those wasted years will fall away like there's no tomorrow.   Thanks everybody.  I'll never stop loving you."

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  02 - The Mother Monster - May 17 - 30, 2013
    And the winner is - Ratchie!

Congratulations to Ratchie! You can download the winning entry here: Gaga ooh la la.

And Ratchie had this to say about the challenge of recreating Lady Gaga as a Sim:

"Okay now that I have finished doing a happy dance I want to thank everyone who took the time out to vote not just for me but for all the brilliant entries. The hours(okay 25 minutes)that I spent on Gaga's chin was worth every second of the random screaming and yelling that I did.

So once again thank you from the bottom of my little simmy heart."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:35:22 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  03 - The Peoples' Princess - May 31 - June 13, 2013
    And the winner is - Ladybug53!

Congratulations to Ladybug53! You can download the winning entry here: The Peoples' Princess - Diana Spencer.

And Ladybug53 had this to say about creating a princess:

"I would like to thank the CAS Contest coordinators for such a wonderful contest . I had great fun creating my own version of Lady Diana . I truly enjoy this type of contest . All the entrants did a fabulous job on their entries . I would also like to thank all the forum members that supported my entry."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  04 - Escape from Gilligan's Island - June 14 - 27, 2013
    And the winner is - GoslettM!

Congratulations to GoslettM! You can download the winning entry here: Voyage to Robben Island.

In her winner's statement, GoslettM talks about the research that went into creating the winning entry:

"Wow, all that I can say is thank you, to everyone who took the time out to vote for me.  Ladybug53 also turned in a very strong entry and did a fabulous job as well. To be honest I didn’t know anything about “Gilligan’s Island” that’s why my entry was entered on the last day of the contest.  I surfed the net for days to find some pictures and information on Gilligan’s Island.

I also would like to thank the CAS contest co-ordinators for such a wonderful contest, I had so much fun.
So thank you again and happy simming everyone."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
CAS Contest 2013:  05 - Resort Wear Collection - June 28 - July 11, 2013
    And the winner is - Ausette!

Congratulations to Ausette! You can download the winning entry here: Pretty in Paradise Set.

In her winner's statement Ausette said:

"Wow, what a lovely surprise to wake up to! Out of all the entries in this contest, I didn't remotely expect mine to win - there were so many other fantastic ideas and creative takes on the beachwear concept. I love designing clothes in CAS and I was thrilled by how many people joined in the fun this week. Congratulations to all the amazing participants, and thank you for the votes and for all the lovely new clothes for my Simmies!"

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:40 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  06 - Slider Showcase - July 12 - 25, 2013
    And the winner is - Vinyl!

Congratulations to Vinyl! You can download the winning entry here: Sam McGee.

In her winner's statement Vinyl said:

"Wow, what a surprise!  Thanks to everyone who voted for poor Sam, who was created with the most unfortunate combination of traits and genetics known to Simkind.  As this is the first thing he's ever won he's just as happy as I am!  Everyone turned in such amazing entries - Sam now has lots of great company in the sim bin!  Special thanks to the contest co-ordinators for running such a fun and unusual contest."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 02:05:53 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  07 - Neanderthal Sims - July 26 - August 8, 2013

Congratulations to GoslettM! You can download the winning entry here: Derek Cowart.

In her winner's statement GoslettM said:

"I'm really very surprised on this win because there were too many amazing entries as usual, I was expecting a tie and there almost were with Vinyl.  ;)  To the rest of the contestants, in my eyes you're  all winners.  ;D Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone that took time out to vote for me.

Thank  you to the CAS contest co-ordinators for this wonderful contest and who ever thought of it in the first place.   I must say l'm having the time of my life since the CAS contest started.

So thanks once again and happy simming everyone.  ;D"

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  08 - Back to School! - August 9 - 22, 2013
    And the winner is - ArianaJade!

Congratulations to ArianaJade! You can download the winning entry here: Stereotypical.

In her winner's statement ArianaJade said:

"I didn't expect to win, everyone else's designs were really good and I liked how varied everyone's interpretations of the task were.

When I came up with the idea of basing the clothes on high school stereotypes, I was trying to think of something that was specifically school-like, rather than just child/teenager-y. Where I'm from in the UK, most schools wear a uniform, so you don't really get the diversity of clothes at school you do in places like the US. I also really wanted to make it look like an outfit you might see someone in real life wearing. I think the geek outfits were my favourite to design (probably because I am a bit of a geek). The popular girl was the hardest, partly in terms of the clothing choices I could use and because it was really hard to make realistic. I really enjoyed the challenge of only using base game stuff, I've got far too used to my expansion packs!"

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 05:45:07 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  09 - Recruitment Drive - August 23 - September 5, 2013
    And the winner is - Audren!

Congratulations to Audren! You can download the winning entry here: Amadi Bonheur.

In his winner's statement Audren said:

"Wow, I didn't expect to win this one. This was a really fun contest to complete, both in the process of making my submission and reading about the Evil-doers of everyone else. Everyone did a fantastic job on theirs, and I know that if I was in ESCARGOT, I'd want all of them on my side. Big thank you to Schipperke for coming up with this contest, and thank you to everyone who voted!"

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 08:37:15 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  10 - Movie Night - September 6 - 19, 2013
    And the winner is - Snufflesxx!

Congratulations to Snufflesxx! You can download the winning entry here: Marie Manson.

In her winner's statement Snufflesxx said:

"*clears throat*
"Yay, I won!!!

A huge thank you to everyone who voted for my entry. I was SO excited when I found out I'd won. I was in the school library with my friends and I logged in and decided I'd just go over and check the poll. When I read the results, I said to all my friends "Look guys, I've won!" and they gave me a look as if to say "What on Earth are you talking about?". After some explanation, they decided it wasn't that great ("What's the point if you don't get a prize?") but it means the world to me. Again, thank you so much!""

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 08:43:35 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  11 - Off the Wall - September 20 - October 3, 2013

Congratulations to GoslettM! You can download the winning entry here: Lisa del Giocondo.

In her winner's statement GoslettM said:

"As always I would like to thank the CAS contest co-ordinators for such a wonderful contest, I had so much fun creating my own version of Lisa del Giocondo (Mona Lisa). :D  I personally don’t think she looks like the original, hehehe, but thank you very much to everyone that took the time out and supported my entry. ;)

To the rest of the contestants, in my eyes you're all winners. ;D  So sad there was so little interest from the forum members. :'(  So thanks again and happy simming everyone.  ;D"

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  12 - The New Breed - September 20 - October 3, 2013
    And the winner is - Snufflesxx!

Congratulations to Snufflesxx! You can download the winning entry here: Stars and Stripes the American Cats.

In her winner's statement Snufflesxx said:

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe I won as all the other entries were so creative! I loved the idea of having a Create-a-Pet contest and the idea for Stars and Stripes popped into my head almost instantly and I was so pleased with how they came out. The stripes were especially fiddly because I wanted exactly 13, haha.  ;D

Thanks for everyone who voted my entry and well done to everyone else who entered!"

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 08:56:26 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  13 - Sim Trek - October 4 - 17, 2013
    And the winner is - chetanhaobijam!

Congratulations to chetanhaobijam! You can download the winning entry here: James T. Kirk.

In his winner's statement chetanhaobijam said:

"Yay, I have won after all these months and hard work. I am really excited that I can't even say a word. I am glad that my hard work and CAS skill have finally paid off. I want to give the special credit to my sister who is a Star Trek long time fan. Also congrats to the other contestants for the great work in their unique Sims. A big thanks to Schipperke and Ratchie for organising such great contests. And lastly, another big thanks to those members who voted for my Sim, James T. Kirk. I and my Sim greatly thank you from all of our heart. And I want to say that this win has given me the urge/will to continue entering CAS Contests."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  14 - Cool Costumes - October 18 - 31, 2013
    And the winners are - ladybug53 and chetanhaobijam!

Congratulations to chetanhaobijam! You can download his winning entry here: Spooky Work Costumes.

In his winner's statement chetanhaobijam said:

"I am so excited that I can't even type in my mobile. Okay so here is my 2nd winning statement:  Yay, I won, again. I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw that I won again, this time along with ladybug53. For the first time in CAS Contest history, we have a tie. I would like to congratulate ladybug53 for her wonderful and spooky creations/costumes in getting this miracle wins(tie). Thanks to Schipperke and Ratchie for organising such fun and great contests. And lastly, thanks to other members who gave their kindly votes to our entries. We respect you all from our heart."

Congratulations to ladybug53! You can download her winning entry here: Halloween/Spooky Day.

In her winner's statement ladybug53 said:

"As always , I had great fun in creating sims for this contest . The costumes for each Sim was also a lot of fun . Getting all those Sims to sit still for one minute was a different matter and a bit challenging . But, I do love a good challenge . Thank you everyone for your support and congratulations chetan for an amazing job on your entry . I would also like to thank Schipperke and ratchie for such a fun and challenging contest ."

anything