Author Topic: White Objects With No Texture  (Read 8300 times)

nicknero

White Objects With No Texture
« on: October 09, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
So I went and asked for help on (Name of site removed,ratchie) and they were rude and told my my computer is very very low end  and how much memory I put into my computer is a lie. Long story if I zoom into something in my game it shes white then loads the texture I was wondering how to fix this my specs are below
Time of this report: 10/9/2011, 10:56:18
Machine name: N3RO-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: CM1630
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/20/10 10:22:37 Ver: 03.04
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12032MB RAM
Page File: 4401MB used, 19659MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
for a video card I got a ATI 5570HD

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Rendering issue
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:07:48 PM »
I don't know a whole lot about technical stuff, but I can say that the white objects appear for me occasionally. It's not a big deal though because the textures pop up in a couple seconds, sometimes up to 10 or 15 seconds for larger houses. It especially happens when I play one family and I visit another sim's large house with them.

The thing that does catch my eye is your amount of memory, though. That much RAM equals 12 gigs (I think) and that's a huge amount. If you really do have that much RAM then there is absolutely no reason for the white objects to show up. I'm assuming they show up when your computer is too slow and needs to catch up with what's loading. You seem to have an adequate processor and video card, so that's not the problem.

I did just Google your computer, though and it comes with only 4 gigs of RAM. Did you have additional RAM put in? I'm asking because if it just turns out to be a technical mistake about Memory: 12288MB RAM, then the reason your game is having the white objects is that it just needs a few seconds to catch up.

Once again though, I'm not the most technical person, but these are just my thoughts on the matter. I hope they can help you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

nicknero

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
Yes moons I added in ram I could have put in 16 gigs but decided 12 was enough I just dont like people saying my computer is barebones with the money I put in I got 2 degrees in computer security I cant afford a lot but when I upgrade I go big instead of going home I just wonder how I can fix the white objects it bugs just a bit I have everything cranked up full throttle

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 06:16:19 PM »
Well, your computer seems more than capable. Mine's pretty good and I mostly run my settings on high, so I just assumed that my computer isn't quite up to par. But your computer seems to be more than capable to handle sims. I've noticed that the white objects don't appear when I run my settings lower, so maybe it's just the game that needs to catch up with the computer? I don't really have any more ideas, but if you want more people to read this, I suggest changing the title to something about the white objects. That way people will get a better idea of what this post is about, rather than just a general rendering issue.

nicknero

Re: White Objects With No Texture
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »
changed it and thank you

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: white objects with no texture
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »
No one should be knocking that system. It's not bad and certainly surpasses the Sims 3 minimum requirements by a mile. When I started the guide my PC was a dual core 2 gigahertz, but my graphics card was a little better.

The weakest link as far as rendering is concerned would be the Radeon 5570. My solution would be to decrease the texture details (that specific setting) a bit. Having them maxed is great but if it can't draw them as fast as you'd like it's probably your only option.

I am sure you are aware of this given you have a degree but I'll say it since someone will inevitably find this thread in the future. With my Radeon it seems even more important I keep my drivers up to date. I just recently installed a new version of the Catalyst suite because of slow framerates in Rift. It actually helped, and I was able to bump the graphics a touch.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:48:24 AM »
You can pause the game too to let the rendering catch up.  I do that so as not to waste sim time. :D 

My game starts to slow down on the rendering when my hood starts filling up with people. My machine has 12 GB of RAM but it doesn't help much because the game can only access up to 4GB.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 12:41:49 AM »
Apparently Windows 7 64bit can only use up to 8Gb of RAM - at least, that is what I have been told. I'm in the process of updating mine now. After reading your post I started to notice how slowly mine was rendering. Then I saw that my CPU usage was up around 96%, and it was a top of the line dual core just 2 years ago (I'm not sure of the exact specs - hubby is usually in charge of that). I've got a new i7 quad core now :D and some more RAM... currently just waiting on a new graphics card. It was a good one - about 1Gb, but it... suffered an accident :(

Sportsfan

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 12:45:24 AM »
My computer is well above the requirements for the sims, but once I noticed that I was having terrible loading problems and the whole map was green fog and objects were grey. My dad checked and there was a ton of stuff running in the background that I didn't know about, so you might want to open up the computer usage panel (sorry I have no idea what it's called) and check that.

Offline Dujon15

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 12:16:32 AM »
i am sorry to bump but i have teh same prob but it sometimes takes up to a 1min to load tex i have 8gb of ram and i dont think it has anything to
do with ram i think that it is the Hard Drive mine is 5400rpm becasue the game needs to load textures from the hdd so it takes a while

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »
Textures have all to do with videocard memory. It doesn't matter how many RAM have your computer becuase it will not be used to manipulate textures; is your videocard what does the job.

But you are rigth with hard disk also. If you need to load and unload a lot of textures many times, a slow hard disk will increase the bottleneck.

anything