Author Topic: The Moonstone Legacy - All Grown Up  (Read 168918 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
The Moonstone Legacy - All Grown Up
« on: May 25, 2013, 05:08:20 PM »
Moonstone Family Tree: Bloodline Only
Entire Moonstone Family Tree.
Find members of the Moonstone Legacy here.

Once upon a time, in a faraway land of Moonlight Falls, lived a sad little man known as Archibald Moonstone to the other townspeople, and Archie to his friends--if he had any. Poor Archie spent his days combing over the rocky hills for bits of gemstones and metal to trade for bread and water in the village. One fateful night, with the moon shining high above and mist rolling over the mountains, he fell down a rabbithole and found a jewel like no other--one that reflected the light of the moon and captured it within the silver rock. He brought the stone back to his hut and spent the rest of his life shaping it into an artfully delicate silver heart, named after him after his death. The Moonstone.

However, this story truly has nothing to do with Archibald Moonstone, whose ghost actually ended up conceiving a child with the woman who later came to live in his shack. Little Archie is only setting the stage for his great-great-granddaughter's-niece's-sister, Cassandra Moonstone.

Sweet little Cassandra has been studying abroad in Italy for the past two years, but now that she's eighteen she's just boarded a flight to bring her back to her home of Moonlight Falls. As you can probably see, her style truly does reflect the atmosphere of that misty gothic town, and she can't wait to return to her hometown. Fog, fairies, and werewolf-vampire feuds are excellent material for writing, and that's exactly what Cassandra wants to jump into the moment the plane lands.

Unfortunately for the shy, dark-loving Cassandra, her life has taken an unexpected turn . . .

Right into Sunlit Tides.

Note: This is a hugely secondary project, so I wouldn't expect any sort of regular updates.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Moonstone Legacy
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »

Huh, quite a fun twist! I'm unfamiliar with legacy rules. Is there a link somewhere?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »
She's gorgeous!  I'll be watching this azokka ^^

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »
Huh, quite a fun twist! I'm unfamiliar with legacy rules. Is there a link somewhere?

I don't have a link right now, but google "Pinstar Legacy Challenge" and you should find it. The rules are pretty flexible, too, since it's not exactly a "challenge" challenge.

She's gorgeous!  I'll be watching this azokka ^^

Thanks! I put lots of work into here, and I'm very pleased with the way she turned out.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 02:40:49 AM »
Me watching this topic too!

Am I right in thinking that Cassandra has a long genealogy of townies behind her? She is pretty!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »
Wow, this looks amazing! Cassandra is really pretty. I loved the backstory.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »
Me watching this topic too!

Am I right in thinking that Cassandra has a long genealogy of townies behind her? She is pretty!

Sorry, you aren't right on this one--she's pure CAS. I'm very pleased with the way she turned out, after I fiddled around with sliders for hours!

Wow, this looks amazing! Cassandra is really pretty. I loved the backstory.

Thanks so much!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Lunar Landing
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »
  Due to extreme technical issues (the game crashed every time I saved) and an insane amount of lag, I have landed Cassandra in Lunar Lakes instead of Sunlit Tides. Here's a compensation picture of Cassandra in Lunar Lakes freaking out. I quite like it--"OMG I'm on the moon!" instead of "OMG I'm stranded on vacation!" Anyway, on with the show!

One minute I was attaching headphones to my purple SimPod, the next I stood on barren, rocky ground with huge pipes and glassy domes dotting the mountainous landscape behind me. With no SimPod. My upper lip isn't particularly stiff (in fact, I'm usually a bundle of nerves) so I went into full freakout mode.

After three hours driving around in a taxi trying to find an airport, I finally gave up and accepted I would be in this strange . . . place ("Lunar Lakes, love" according to the taxi driver) with less than 2,000 simoleons in my pocket. I considered weeping and scrawling depressing poetry in the luminescent sand on my empty lot, but instead put on a brave face and walked into the light at the end of the tunnel.

Make that the blazing blue light emanating from the door of the business building, where I took a creative writing class . . . for four hundred of my precious 1,350 simoleons. It was  completely worth it, however. My mind felt completely stimulated! I was ready to start making my career as a writer.

The professor recommended that I go see the head stylist, Franco Wolff-Cruz, to "get rid of that awful goth look." Awful goth look, indeed! I am the very representation of my entire culture! I did go see Franco, for a little extra credit in class. We talked about zodiac signs for a while, just to break the ice. Would you believe we have compatible signs?

Since I appear to live in a thriller/adventure/tragedy/romance novel, one thing led to another . . .

"Um, my professor said I should get a more lunar-oriented makeover, to go with my new living space," I finally reminded him, hating to change the subject.

"Don't be silly, you're perfect," Franco chided, pulling me into a hug.

It seemed like the perfect time. The sun was shining, robotic birds robotically chirping, metallic trees rustling metallically . . . it was the moment to lean in and kiss him.

Or . . . not.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Moonstone Legacy - Lunar Landing
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 05:18:26 PM »
Awww, the dreaded pull away!  Poor thing!  Wow, Lunar Lakes is pretty cool looking!

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 01:40:02 AM »
Sorry, you aren't right on this one--she's pure CAS. I'm very pleased with the way she turned out, after I fiddled around with sliders for hours!

Wow impressive! She looks really nice!

On the latest update :

The sun was shining, robotic birds robotically chirping, metallic trees rustling metallically . . .

Reminds me of Mikalya!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Moonstone Legacy - Lunar Landing
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 09:13:11 PM »
Awww, the dreaded pull away!  Poor thing!  Wow, Lunar Lakes is pretty cool looking!

Franco's a traditional one for sure  :P . It's even better in person! By far my favorite town.

Reminds me of Mikalya!

I know, once you get in a certain mindset of a person you're writing, it's difficult to find another voice. Don't worry, I'm working on it!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Tinfoil Ring
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
  I remained suspended in space for a moment, mind whirling. Was I kissing him? No. Had he fainted? No. Had I fainted? Possibly. And it was all a dream . . . Still no.

I expected Franco to get all flustered and ask me to leave and return to my horribly empty, barren wasteland of a home. But instead he suddenly started turning things up! "I'm really glad you ended up here, and not someplace awful--like Sunlit Tides or something."

He broke off the conversation to invite in another young woman, her name is Anais, I believe. She seemed very interested in Franco, but agreeably went into the kitchen while we continued our little chat. (Author's Note: Awkward, especially since I paired up Anais and Franco in my just-for-fun Lunar Lakes DecaDynasty!)

Eventually, we abandoned Anais Willheim and went for a stroll down to the town to eat at the diner. Franco pointed out all the odd architecture and plants, but I just felt myself sticking out like a sore thumb! I missed Moonlight Falls, with the soft tendrils of fog wafting down in the evening, and sparkling waterfalls that were practically impossible to find, and sparkling gemstones named for our family, shining in the moon's light . . . even in Monte Vista, the land of culture and art, I counted down to the day school would end and I could return to my true home.

I felt tears coming into my eyes, but firmly told myself to stop and turned away for a moment to regain my composure. Franco leaned forward, on the verge of asking what was wrong--

In that moment, I leaned forward and kissed him, and was once again suspended in time--only, this time, I never wanted the moment to end.

With blue light illuminating our faces, and strange whirrs coming from the diner building behind us, I dropped down on one knee (the metal ground chafed horribly) and proposed with a bit of tinfoil I had twisted into a ring.

We were married then and there.

Even though midnight had passed long before, we sat together on the ground, arms around each other for warmth, and gazed up at the unfamiliar stars.

Franco told me that, due to Lunar Lake's cycle, the Earth would begin to rise over the pastel-colored mountains, and with a little help from a telescope I would be able to pick out Moonlight Falls on the surface.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Moonstone Legacy - Tinfoil Ring
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 09:59:30 PM »
Oooo!  Very cool!  Lunar Lakes looks to be a ton of fun to play in!  And I'm glad he liked the kiss!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Moonstone Legacy - Tinfoil Ring
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
Oooo!  Very cool!  Lunar Lakes looks to be a ton of fun to play in!  And I'm glad he liked the kiss!

It really is--more than any other world, I think. And all the sims have such cool eyes!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Pancakes and Pregnancy
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
  After hours and hours of pointing out stars, we returned to my hovel for a real newlywed celebration. Wow, my shack is good for something after all! Really, though, I was terrified that Franco would take one look at the place and leave, but instead he was very enthusiastic about it. He couldn't wait to expand on the hut, and put in more bathrooms, and a nursery . . . his excitement was contagious.

Over the next few weeks, I found myself rushing to the toilet to throw up frequently, which Franco blamed on his food. So we ordered pizza or went to a restaurant every night, with no change in vomiting habits. Finally, I decided it was a stomach bug and left it at that.

Franco and I were still very, very much in love. We both had our careers to think about, but in the moments we ignored our responsibilities I felt wonderful.

I wrote comic books in my makeshift studio, even if my true aspiration was to write children's books, and was soon a very popular writer amongst the nerds of Lunar Lakes. I felt that drawing the designs and enhancing graphics really allowed me to become a better artist overall.

. . . that is, when I'm not throwing the entirety of my stomach into a toilet bowl. Maybe I need a break. After all, I did land on an alien planet, marry someone after a single day, and build a tiny house with the money he brought. Perhaps I just need to get away from the stress!

Poor Franco works all the time, going from house to house in search of inhabitants wanting a makeover. It's strenuous work, but the extra money he brings in is life-saving. And have you ever seen a Su look this good?

I usually find him at home very early in the morning, practically dropping with exhaustion and not even bothering to change for bed.

We ate dinner together and . . . such . . . every night, no matter how busy our schedules were.

Thankfully, I only needed maternity wear in the last few months of pregnancy, since the money needed to buy new clothes came from a very strained bank account. Yes, pregnancy. And I thought it was a stomach bug!

Apparently the doctor had phoned Franco and told him the news, because I woke up to the smell of pancakes long after he had left for work.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything