ratchie - Diana a princess
5 (16.1%)
Audren - Crown Jewel of Norfolk
4 (12.9%)
GoslettM - Spencer - I wear my heart on my sleeve
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: June 18, 2013, 08:34:05 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 03 - The People's Princess  (Read 5853 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 03 - The People's Princess
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:41:26 PM »

CAS Contests 2013: 03 - The Peoples' Princess

The Subject:
She was born into an aristocratic family but it was her engagement to the world's most eligible bachelor that made her one of the most recognizable celebrities of the late 20th Century.  And when Lady Diana Spencer wed Prince Charles, the event was televised around the world and watched by 750 million viewers.  It seemed the very stuff of which fairy tales are made.

But sadly, the fairytale wedding was followed by an increasingly troubled marriage.  Even the birth of two sons was not enough to mend the growing rift between Diana and her prince.  At one point, Diana candidly told a tv interviewer "I'd like to be a queen in peoples' hearts but I don't see myself being queen of this country."  And she was right about not becoming queen of her country.  Diana and Prince Charles were divorced in 1996.

From the time of the announcement of Diana's engagement to Prince Charles, she was always the subject of intense media scrutiny, and this continued after her divorce.  In 1997, Diana and two other people with her were all killed in an automobile crash while being pursued by paparazzi.  She was 36. 

But Diana's influence lives on.  It lives on in her son William, future king of Britain, and her younger son Harry.  And it lives on in many other ways.   Ten years after her death, Time.com summarized Diana's significance as follows:  "Diana is still the world's most famous Briton. ... Diana shook up the British monarchy and speeded its modernization.  She helped to tear down prejudices about AIDS.  She raised awareness of eating disorders.  She coalesced opposition to land mines.  These are pretty hefty achievements for a woman of little education who mocked herself for being 'thick as a plank'."*

"Life is just a journey," Princess Diana once said.  And now, perhaps it is time for her to journey into the game of Sims 3.

*from "How Diana Transformed Britain" by Catherine Mayer, Aug. 16, 2007, Time.com.

Your Task:
Your task is to create a Young Adult aged Princess Diana Sim, using the above picture as a guide (you may also refer to any other pictures of Diana).   Try to make your Sim look as much as possible like the young Diana.  Choose appropriate clothing, favourites, LTW and traits for her.  Your entry should also include a short biography for the Sim.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 31st May - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 13th June - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 03 - The Peoples' Princess
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »
Diana a Princess.

Sim name:Diana Spencer.
Lifestate:Human
Traits:Friendly,Charismatic,nurturing,athletic,good,
Lifetime wish:Most popular.
Favorites:Red,Rock and tip tip steak.

Download
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 10:44:36 AM »
Diana Spencer .
by ladybug53 .

Young Adult Female : Human
Traits : Athletic - Bookworm - Family Oriented - Good - Loves the Outdoors .
Lifetime Wish : Surrounded by Family .

Favorites : Autumn Salad - Classical - Red .
Zodiac Sign : Cancer .

Expansions Used : Showtime - Seasons - Pets .
Stuff Packs Used : Master Suite - 70's , 80's & 90's .

Biography : Diana Spencer became a Princess after she married Prince Charles . They had two sons and later divorced . She is still known as The Peoples' Princess .

No CCs or Mods were used .

Link to Download and more photos : Diana Spencer
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »
CAS Contest 2013: 03 - Crown Jewel of Norfolk

Sim Name: Diana Spencer
Age/Gender: Young Adult Female
Life State: Human
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brownish Red
Traits: Good, Adventurous, Charismatic, Family-Oriented, Friendly
Content: Base Game, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Favourites: Classical, Ratatouille, Blue
Biography: Sims have a notorious ability to escape death, and Princess Diana Spencer is no different. After deciding that Europe was altogether too dangerous for her, Diana went to visit her former mother-in-law in Union Cove. Unfortunately, she got lost on the way, and ended up in Sunset Valley! Can you help her get to Union Cove, or will she have to make the most of Sunset Valley?

All in all, Diana seems to be enjoying herself in Sunset Valley. But only you can decide where she goes next!

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 03 - The People's Princess
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »
I wear my heart on my sleeve
by GoslettM

Call me Diana, not Princess Diana.  I will fight for my children so they can reach their potential as human beings and in their public duties.  All my hopes are on William now.  I don't want to push him.  It is too late for the rest of the family.

But William, I think he has it.  I think he understands.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »
This contest is now closed.  The poll is up and you can vote for your one favourite entry.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
CAS Contest 2013:  03 - The Peoples' Princess - May 31 - June 1, 2013
    And the winner is - Ladybug53!

Congratulations to Ladybug53! You can download the winning entry here: The Peoples' Princess - Diana Spencer.

And Ladybug53 had this to say about creating a princess:

I would like to thank the CAS Contest coordinators for such a wonderful contest . I had great fun creating my own version of Lady Diana . I truly enjoy this type of contest . All the entrants did a fabulous job on their entries . I would also like to thank all the forum members that supported my entry .

This thread is now open for comments!  Please remember to give feedback only if it is requested, and to keep your comments positive and constructive.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Congratulations Ladybug. Your Diana was perfect you got her serene look down to a tee.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Congrats Ladybug. You did a great job of capturing Diana's image.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Congratulations Ladybug!  You did an awesome job.  I loved Ratchie's Diana as well as all the others.  You are all winners in my book.  The thing that did it most for me was the look in her eyes and that gentle smile.  She did not deserve her fate for sure.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
Congratulations to ladybug53 for winning the third CAS contest, you did a great job.   Personally I straggled with her nose.   For the others you did a fabulous job as well.  :)

anything