Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 92863 times)

Abiogenist

Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »
I won't buy it. =[ I was hoping for a new SimsCity (it's long overdue) but instead they made this. I still can't  get past the disappointment. Might reconsider when I've cooled down.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2010, 11:48:50 PM »
I'm a bit of an RPG nut, so I'm planning to get it. I'd been wanting something like it since the original Sims... :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2010, 01:31:07 AM »
I watched a video demonstration of Sims Medieval.  Even though it's a stand alone game, it's set up very much like Sims 3.  The user interface looks to be the same.  It also looked like you could control more than one Sim in a game by going to different areas of the village.  Like, in the castle, you could control a knight, and in the medical building you could control a doctor.

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »
I watched a video demonstration of Sims Medieval.  Even though it's a stand alone game, it's set up very much like Sims 3.  The user interface looks to be the same.  It also looked like you could control more than one Sim in a game by going to different areas of the village.  Like, in the castle, you could control a knight, and in the medical building you could control a doctor.

Can you post a link to it Pam? Than I know if we are talking about the same demonstration. I've saw some vids on youtube, have read some stuff on sites and sow I found that (unless it's a rumor) you have to control a whole kingdom.
I am really curious how EA will do THAT. The whole kingdom devided into your family will be a whole pain in the you-know-where so I asume they will work on that in another way.
Maybe you will control the lead characters of certain parts of your game. Like the top chef that in his turn will control the other cooks and notify you when bad things happen. The same can count for the leader of an army or the magician clan.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
Thanks for posting those links, I'm most certainly going to get that game.  Looks super fun!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2010, 01:44:19 AM »
OH! EM!  GEE!  I WANT it!  I cannot bear to be without it.  This looks sooooo cool.  No high rises for this chickie, give me a moldering castle or two, or a wizard's tower and a town with a pub full of bards and I'm a happy camper.  SIGH.  Pam, I cannot thank you enough for posting those links.  I would have so much more fun with that game than I'm currently having with vampire infested BP!
(I really hate vampires.  Have I said that before?)  I swear I was born in the wrong era.   Hmmm, although had I been born then I'd probably get burned at the stake! lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Rain_Maker

« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2010, 04:59:15 AM »
(I really hate vampires.  Have I said that before?)  I swear I was born in the wrong era.   Hmmm, although had I been born then I'd probably get burned at the stake! lol

Why don't you put on your corset, load your crossbow, eat some mutton and then go and kick some ye old vampire butt?

Or use fireworks. Fireworks inside plasma 101 may work!!! Mwahaha

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
  • Trust me, I'm a meteorologist.
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2010, 05:07:48 AM »
I definitely want it! But since I don't have money for it (in my country it would cost like 1/4 of my monthly income) so I'm thinking of my sis in US to help me achieve my dream, haha

Leto85

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2010, 10:13:49 AM »
Both of these videos are excellent.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/08/18/the-sims-medieval-pc-gamescom-conference-demo?objectid=80675

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/05/the-sims-medieval-producer-walkthrough-video?objectid=80675

Thanks Pam, those videos are indeed looking awesome. I am going to buy that game, that's for sure. Nice to play with the ancestors of my dynasty family. :P

You play with 5 total different sims who have different quests and so on? Nice.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »
Why don't you put on your corset, load your crossbow, eat some mutton and then go and kick some ye old vampire butt?

Or use fireworks. Fireworks inside plasma 101 may work!!! Mwahaha

I like the way you think! lol  Actually, my nefarious scheme is to invite them over, go into build on this lot, and just wall them in until they die.  hehehehehe
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
I like the way you think! lol  Actually, my nefarious scheme is to invite them over, go into build on this lot, and just wall them in until they die.  hehehehehe

:o Joria, you're scaring me...And quite frankly, I've actually talked them to death because they came to my house before they fed, and apparently had no fruit on them. I had to reload my game because I killed William Fangman, then I had to re-reload it because I killed Beau.  :'( I actually like the vampires, and I even had a idea for a vampire challenge. Anyway...

I saw some demonstration videos on Missing Studio's site, and was pretty impressed. The level of customization's amazing to me, and I was suprised they even let you change how the walls and furniture looked. I may get the game, but I'd prefer to just get whatever the next expansion/stuff pack is, so I'll save my money for that.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »
Hm, I am intrigued by this new game thou doest speak of! 

Although, it looks awfully similar to The Sims 3 (which could be a good or bad thing, I suppose). 

The promise of different gameplay is appealing, but apparently you cannot build your own buildings, which is a big negative for me...

lil_crazy

« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2010, 11:35:01 PM »
I'm really excited about this. I will defiantly be pre-ordering this game. It does seem a lot like the Sims 3, in my mind that is a good thing. This wasn't what I was expecting by the title, I was thinking it would be an online role playing game.

I have very high hopes for this game. I love the idea of quests and fatal flaws. The only thing I don't like is this "messenger pigeon" thing.  :P I can easily see myself playing the Sims 3 for hours only to play Sims Medieval after words. Too bad I most likely won't be able to come here for help, considering this is Carl's The Sims 3 Guide. After I get the latest expansion pack in my hands, I'll be ready to start drooling over Sims Medieval.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2010, 03:06:02 AM »
Too bad I most likely won't be able to come here for help, considering this is Carl's The Sims 3 Guide.

Oh now, you don't really think we'd leave you in the lurch without a Guide for Sims Medieval, do you?  We have plans to have a seperate Guide for the new game.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything