Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 92244 times)

Leto85

Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »
It is cool, but we've never met. It will be nice to finally attach a face with a voice on the phone and words sent via instant messages. Hopefully Carl won't mind me picking him up from the train station in a golf cart. Interstate-74 could be a problem.

You have his phone number? Oh please, than you must have Pam's too. Pm me Pam's number! I'll pay good, very good. :D

By the way, I can't find the release date of Medieval in Holland. If someone knows the date, please let me know.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2011, 11:36:23 AM »
Really looks interesting... but keeps irritating me that it's called Sims Medieval when it's clearly Swords and Sorcery. :P

But I want Late Night as well...ahhh! D:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Priyansh

« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »
I wish Sims Medieval will have at least 50% historical accuracy, and I hope that EA will list the time of the year.

From what I have seen till yet, it seems completely fantasy, and I hate fantasy. The armors look like that they are from around 1400-1500 (the medieval period), but the sword I have seen in trailer looks like it is from 300-500 BC (ancient period, 2,000 years ago from medieval age shown here), and the civil clothes look like as if they are from 1600s (after the end of medieval age, and the starting era of colonial age).

And from I what I saw in the article, Jacobean priests are the one I like, because I like the use of words "Iron Fist", and for example: If a sim is causing much trouble, I would rather beat him to pulp and this will give him the warning.

And I hope, that there will be horses, rather than some flying carpet. The knights' main striking power was his horse, when he couched his lance and slashed away the enemies. Without a horse, a knight would still be powerful, but he would have lost his reason for being a good cavalryman. Also, the horses were in their golden age during medieval period. Before medieval age, horses were expansive. After medieval age, the infantry was too powerful for horses due to the massive use of guns and cannons. So this is the correct age to present horses.

And I hope there will be real War! I would like to play Medieval II: Total War in this game. This was the age of utter destruction, complete steel, and diplomacy and trade.

Leto85

« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2011, 12:46:57 PM »
Priyansh, you should have created this game. :)
But I'm afraid EA would not included the date actually. If we could play with the historical events at cetera, than we would have 40 generations to play? 40 generations of 1000 years medieval period, if I calculated that correctly.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »
And I hope there will be real War! I would like to play Medieval II: Total War in this game.

Big scale war? Well, keep hoping. In every trailer I've seen, combat focuses on individual heroes. That reinforces the game's 3 pillars: kingdom, heroes, quests. Building up massive armies is all good and fine, but let's face it — that's a "been there, done that" mechanic in countless games. EA is seeking something slightly different.

Priyansh

« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »
Priyansh, you should have created this game. :)
But I'm afraid EA would not included the date actually. If we could play with the historical events at cetera, than we would have 40 generations to play? 40 generations of 1000 years medieval period, if I calculated that correctly.

40 Generations will cost only 400-500 years from what I think. ::)

And yes, I should have made the game. But if I made the game, it would become so much historical that it would become nonsense. :D

Big scale war? Well, keep hoping. In every trailer I've seen, combat focuses on individual heroes. That reinforces the game's 3 pillars: kingdom, heroes, quests. Building up massive armies is all good and fine, but let's face it — that's a "been there, done that" mechanic in countless games. EA is seeking something slightly different.

I mean THIS type of war: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5aDpjq0nM

Leto85

« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »
40 Generations will cost only 400-500 years from what I think. ::)

And yes, I should have made the game. But if I made the game, it would become so much historical that it would become nonsense. :D

Yes, your right: 400 to 500 years. I forgot that people didn't become that old in those days compared to us.
You're a history lover?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2011, 01:07:41 PM »
I mean THIS type of war: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5aDpjq0nM

I already knew what you meant. I'm familiar with the Total War franchise and have played Rome: Total War. Like I said, nothing in the trailers released to date would give me any indication that you'll be controlling massive armies. It's about heroes and their quests. But, hey — we'll all find out on March 22.

Leto85

« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »
Don't call on it Priyansh (wars I mean). EA rarely step out of their 'you-should-control-maximum-8-members-per-household' rule.

Priyansh

« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »
I already knew what you meant. I'm familiar with the Total War franchise and have played Rome: Total War. Like I said, nothing in the trailers released to date would give me any indication that you'll be controlling massive armies. It's about heroes and their quests. But, hey — we'll all find out on March 22.

You are right. At least we can see the fight between two sims rather than 2,000 sims. Also I don't think that Sims Medieval will be much better than Sims 2 or Sims 3

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
Also I don't think that Sims Medieval will be much better than Sims 2 or Sims 3

Role-playing games and kingdom builders can be tough for the uninitiated. I've already got quite a bit of experience with these types of games, so I'm hoping the learning curve for me will be small. But, I can see a total newbie diving into Medieval and thinking how tough it is juggling resource management, building and expanding, hero development, and questing — all in an efficient manner to reach your kingdom's ultimate ambition. But, there should be plenty of conceptual overlap with skilled Sims 3 players — your kingdom's ambition is basically like the LTW in Sims 3.

I'm very excited and can't wait to get my hands dirty with it.

Leto85

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »
Maybe there is a sort of difficulty level. If the game is something like metro describes, than that could come in handy.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2011, 03:42:04 PM »
I'm very excited and can't wait to get my hands dirty with it.

From what I remember you writing earlier, you're going to have a guest.  Wonder if you two will be playing, side by side (nicely  ;D) or fighting over the same computer?

The excitement is spreading, though - think I may have to place an order.

Priyansh

« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2011, 02:01:21 AM »
Can we become a simple man, like a farmer or a blacksmith, rather than a king?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2011, 04:13:40 AM »
I've created a poll to see whether members plan to purchase Sims Medieval.

Sims Medieval Poll
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."