Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 93009 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »
I absolutely love this game.  There are servants to clean up after you and you summon for food.  You have to hunt for your own food, because to begin with you can only fix gruel, yuk.  So far it is great.  I put a couple of screenshots, one is the sim sending a message with a carrier pidgeon and the other is her first duel, which she won, of course.

Here is one more.  She had to throw eggs at this poor guy to finish a certain part of a quest.  Poor guy.

This is actually a tuturial that you have to go through first, which is fine with me, because I want to know all of the new stuff.  I know eventually we will have a section for Medieval, but if no one minds, I will post a couple of screenshots here and there  in this thread for now. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »
Sims Medieval has just come to Saskatchewan!  I'm just waiting for it to warm up to room temp (it was sitting outside in the snow).  Can't wait to get started!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

stephalina

« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »
Looks really great! Post more screen shots whenever you can.

I'd love to get my hands on it - I've spent a lot of simoelons on Sims in the last few weeks, need to freeze the ol' credit card for a while.

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2011, 03:05:54 PM »
Ah gerr I'm so jealous! I'm not even sure when mine is supposed to come in. I haven't even gotten any shipping information yet :(

Did you pre-order from the EA site?  I placed my order on Friday and finally got my shipping notice just a few minutes ago. Whew!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »
Did you pre-order from the EA site?  I placed my order on Friday and finally got my shipping notice just a few minutes ago. Whew!
I did! And I just checked my email and I got a shipping notice too! YAY
Those screenshots are making me even more excited to get it!

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
This is so going to distract me from my dynasty, but I'm all the way to generation 2 and their young adult so I can take a break! It has been downloaded and installed as I type it is doing its patch update and such things. I'm so excited, I will most definately be sharing screen shots.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2011, 05:00:20 PM »
*glares at those who already have their copies*  *stomps foot and does Simlish cuss words while waving hands around*

I'm annoyed.  I just really need to vent.  I will be more or less polite.  WHERE IN BLAZES IS MY COPY?  *stomps foot again.  dogs run for cover*  I pre-ordered this thing before Christmas!  grrrrr.  Maybe it will be in the mail box today?  *crosses fingers, eyes and anything and everything else cross able*  Got my 'it's in the mail' notice.  Yeah.  Right.  Should already BE here!

*wanders off to reluctantly play "regular" Sims while waving hands, stomping foot and spouting Simlish*

*dogs laughing at me.  Cat washes paws.  Husband sighs.  Self pouts but is happy for those happily playing Medieval.*
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »
My digital version of Medieval is downloading as I type this...it needs to hurry up though!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2011, 07:50:24 PM »
*glares at those who already have their copies*  *stomps foot and does Simlish cuss words while waving hands around*

I can just imagine the thought bubble floating over your head right now and your plumbbob must be bright red.  For some reason I thought it was being released on Thursday so I was happily surprised when I got an email that I could download it today.  Only 4 hours 15 minutes left to go... *sigh*  Gonna try and play my dynasty in the meantime if the download doesn't bog down the 'puter.

Everyone who is playing already - hope you have a blast!  Joria, I hope your copy gets there soon!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2011, 08:04:23 PM »
Mine just finished installing. What am I, third place in the matter of "who is playing first"? Doesn't matter. Hope you all get it playing as soon as possible. This game is awsome as far as I have played it.

"But how far have you played it, Naga?", you ask. My answer is "hmm just about until the loading screen. LOL

8) Peace.

::EDIT::
Oh, yes, by the way, don't want to spoil anything, but I find it pretty cool that instead of rolling words while loading (such as Reticulating Reticles), it shows pictures instead, and it's quite fun to try to guess what the words would be.

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2011, 08:48:26 PM »
I went to Target and bought a copy fresh off the shelf.  Have just finished downloading it and started it up, and am excited about getting a chance to play.  I loved the intro backstory about being the "Watcher" and choosing heroes to guide in building a new civilization.  And of course, every outfit I've seen is amazing.  I can't wait to really get into it!  *scurries off to play*

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2011, 09:24:58 PM »
I am not happy.  I pre-ordered Sims Medieval weeks ago.  Today I got the download information in an email.  What?!?  I wanted the disk!  I got on a live chat with EA and apparently I had mistakenly ordered the downloadable version.  Gah!  The EA representative was very nice and issued me a refund for the downloadable version and gave me a special code that will still let me get the bonus items with the disk version that I have to order now.  The problem now is that the refund won't come for about a week and I don't have the extra cash to buy the disk right now.  I'll have to wait a couple of days or until the refund comes. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2011, 09:27:19 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Pam. I really am. Is there anything we can do to help?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2011, 09:41:41 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Pam. I really am. Is there anything we can do to help?

Unless you all want to pitch in and buy me the disk tonight, then no.  But thanks for the sentiment.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CarlaluvsSims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2011, 10:35:02 PM »
I picked my copy of the game up at Walmart this morning. There is a card in the game with a separate code for the "Limited Edition bonus items." Oh and surprise of all surprises, there was an update as soon the game was installed!

I've played a few hours today, but have gotten stuck on how to do something for a quest.  Pretty simple for Sims 3 players to pick up with a lot of the controls being the same.

I am thrilled to see a new forum going up for The Sims Medieval!   ;D