Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 93180 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #345 on: March 23, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »
There is a card in the game with a separate code for the "Limited Edition bonus items." Oh and surprise of all surprises, there was an update as soon the game was installed!

My thoughts on the patch were that it took all of 45 seconds to put on Metro's mac, so I was content. The people who pirate the game are already a version behind. I didn't even look at what it corrected, but I'm sure it was potentially annoying to them ;)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #346 on: March 23, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
I am just now getting to install my game! I am SO excited!!!!! Too bad I'll be gone all weekend :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #347 on: March 24, 2011, 02:50:41 AM »
My thoughts on the patch were that it took all of 45 seconds to put on Metro's mac, so I was content. The people who pirate the game are already a version behind. I didn't even look at what it corrected, but I'm sure it was potentially annoying to them ;)

It has to make you wonder how much of that is intentional.   :D
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #348 on: March 24, 2011, 04:19:11 AM »
I find the camera aspect to be the hardest to get used to it is just straight on as if you were sitting in front of a dollhouse and can only see in the front of it so I wonder how that will affect people who like to make movies.

I probably will find a way around it, but I do hope the Tab function isn't that much of a difference compared to The Sims 3.
Don't forget that the trailers are also shot from different camera perspectives. And it seems that panning, zooming as well as turning still goes smooth.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #349 on: March 24, 2011, 09:55:30 AM »
Yeah the camera is the hardest thing to get used too. Because you can only rotate when you are following your sim around. It's kind of annoying..unless I just haven't figured out another way to rotate without that camera mode on.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »
Well, by accident, my physician got pregnant today.  Within about 24 hrs I had my first medieval nooboo.  Forum meet Bridgette,  the daughter of my licentious knight and seductive physician  :D

Weirdest part was it happened in the span of a day - woohoo before bed, morning sickness in the morning, bump within hours and baby that night.  I hadn't gotten the notification for the baby is coming but it wouldn't let my female Sim talk to anyone or even eat the soup she had just made, saying "Your Sim is too heavy with child to do that right now."

It's not a great picture because I couldn't get any closer to the baby due to camera restrictions but there ya go!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #351 on: March 24, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »
It has to make you wonder how much of that is intentional.   :D
I've never really thought about it that way before.  I always assumed that they have to allow a certain amount of time to produce the physical copies of the game but they continue tweaking it between the time it is being manufactured and the time it launches - hence a patch on launch day.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
« Reply #352 on: March 24, 2011, 02:44:35 PM »
I've never really thought about it that way before.  I always assumed that they have to allow a certain amount of time to produce the physical copies of the game but they continue tweaking it between the time it is being manufactured and the time it launches - hence a patch on launch day.

Yep, the game's release date is decided well in advance, so odds are good that the game won't really be finished in time.  So they keep working on it even after the master disk is sent in for duplication, then put those last minute changes and additions in the first patch.  I'm not actually sure how much time it takes, but  I believe the time between the master disk being finished and the game hitting stores is pretty significant (i.e. weeks, at least).

Leto85

« Reply #353 on: March 24, 2011, 02:51:35 PM »
So now I have a question. I don't know if it's relevant or not in this game, but where exactly does this game plays in the timeline? I know the obvious reason would be Medieval, but that is between 500 and 1500 if I'm right. And that's a long periode. So it is settled somewhere in that thousand years?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #354 on: March 24, 2011, 03:25:53 PM »
I guess the question is whether or not the Sims 1, 2 and 3 actually takes place within our timeline.  Sure, equivalent eras are mentioned here and there in discussions, but in actuality they exist in a completely different universe where time itself works completely differently.

So in equivalent era, it shares many similarities with the middle ages (5th to 15th century).  But in true historical perspective, it can only be said that Medieval takes place several thousand days before Sims 3.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: March 25, 2011, 12:50:07 AM »
I don't think they were aiming to recreate a specific historical period - more like the "feel" of the middle ages.  A lot of the clothing, for example, would never have been worn in that time period, especially the women's garments.  But that's ok with me - I've spent all day playing and my kingdom completed the first level (sorry, I don't know all the terminology yet) with a platinum score, which is great.  Now I'm bleary eyed from staring at the computer and I guess level 2 will have to wait till tomorrow.  As for real life - later.  This game is very compelling.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #356 on: March 25, 2011, 08:46:20 AM »
I think you mean the first ambition?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #357 on: March 25, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
Yes, I think that's it; as I said, I haven't got the terminology down yet.  Thanks, Naga.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #358 on: March 25, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »
One thing I did once I hit 0 qp was to see what was on the quest book and one of them was to start a new kingdom.  I took my level 10 Knight and had him establish a new kingdom.  Then when I went to start one of the new ambitions - he was a choice as king.  When I chose him, He became lvl 10 Monarch instantly and he kept his legendary trait.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #359 on: March 25, 2011, 11:15:06 AM »
Well, by accident, my physician got pregnant today.  Within about 24 hrs I had my first medieval nooboo.  Forum meet Bridgette,  the daughter of my licentious knight and seductive physician  :D

Weirdest part was it happened in the span of a day - woohoo before bed, morning sickness in the morning, bump within hours and baby that night.  I hadn't gotten the notification for the baby is coming but it wouldn't let my female Sim talk to anyone or even eat the soup she had just made, saying "Your Sim is too heavy with child to do that right now."

It's not a great picture because I couldn't get any closer to the baby due to camera restrictions but there ya go!

Ok, I have been playing in my slivers of spare time over the past 3 days and I haven't had a nooboo yet.  Is there a "try for a baby" action or do pregnancies just randomly happen as a result of woohoo?

Guess I should do some "testing".   Hee hee!

anything