Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 92255 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Sims: Medieval
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 01:48:51 PM »
Well, if Late Night comes out at the end of Oct, it is close enough to my birthday, yay.
Mine too, Salty! If it comes out the day it is supposed to, it will be 6 days from my 29th birthday!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 02:24:30 PM »
Did anyone see the new preview of TS:M on Gamespot?  It sounds...interesting.  Apparently it has a totally different look and a "more intimate" playing experience.  Unfortunately, it sounds like you can only control one Sim at a time, not a whole family.  And the gameplay is less open-ended and more quest-oriented.

I guess my main concern is this will just be like any other RPG, but with The Sims image stamped onto it.  But I'll wait and see, it could be a refreshing new game if handled right...

Well, for those that like RPGs (me), then I don't want to control more than one Sim in this new game. That's what RPGs are all about — assuming the identity of a hero (usually a hero-type character). I couldn't get as deep into this game and become really one with a single character if I was playing a whole family.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »
My only concern if it is an rpg, (my favorite type of game other than Sims), I will get so involved with it that I'll stop playing Sims3.  That happened when I started playing Fiesta, an online mmorpg.  I completely stopped playing Sims 2 and haven't gone back to it since 3 came out.  My kid and I are already making up scenarios where she plays on her pc, which is across the room from mine so I can monitor her safety, and I play on mine,  where we will be characters from our favorite books.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
My only concern if it is an rpg, (my favorite type of game other than Sims), I will get so involved with it that I'll stop playing Sims3.

Well, so what? :) It's your free time and how you want to spend it. If you end up liking that game more, why in the world wouldn't you spend more time at it?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 07:24:03 PM »
My only concern if it is an rpg, (my favorite type of game other than Sims), I will get so involved with it that I'll stop playing Sims3. 

I agree with Metro here, you do what you enjoy in your free time. If you enjoy Medieval more, so be it. I've been playing Sims for 10 years now, but there were times when I didn't touch the game for months because something else held my interest at the time (look a distraction! lol) I always end up coming back to it, but if I don't, the world isn't going to end.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 08:13:50 PM »
I agree with Metro here, you do what you enjoy in your free time. If you enjoy Medieval more, so be it. I've been playing Sims for 10 years now, but there were times when I didn't touch the game for months because something else held my interest at the time (look a distraction! lol) I always end up coming back to it, but if I don't, the world isn't going to end.

Norma

You are correct there.  I remember when a new city building game came out, I think it was SCSociety, that I went off of sims for a while. I guess I quit sims2 almost for a year. I was trying to find some other game and at that time a couple of other city building games came out.  I do like the aspect of Medieval and I saw the trailer on it, actually it looks very interesting.  The graphics were awesome and the castles were a builders paradise, so might want to think twice about this game.  The sims looked the same and the interface looked similar.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/17/the-sims-medieval-will-be-in-stock-at-retailers-march-2011/

Here is the trailer, if no one saw it, which I am sure you have.
http://www.sims3nieuws.nl/previews/s3n-amerika-juli-2010/the-sims-medieval-preview/
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »
Thanks for the links, Salty.  I highly recommend that everyone look at the second one and read through the article.  There's a ton of information about Sims: Medieval.  Some of it is rather surprising to me.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »
No problem.  The really interesting part is, instead of a household to control, at some point and time, you have a whole kingdom, so if people think it is going to be anything like our little simmies now, it is nothing like it at all.  Some of them resemble the sims now, but that is about it.  I have always liked certain RPG's and some are right down hard, but this sounds really interesting, but would like to follow the info until the release to really find out if I will get it.   ;D  (I probably will, but it sounded good, lol)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »
The thing that surprised me is that there won't be any building.  I think there are some folks who were getting excited about the idea of being able to construct medieval buildings and such.  Now I also wonder if players will be able to create their own Sims or if they will all be ready made.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 11:17:05 PM »
Now I also wonder if players will be able to create their own Sims or if they will all be ready made.

A couple of those pictures from Salty's second link to www.sims3nieuws.nl look comparable to CAS.

Edit 1:
Also: I can't read any of this site, so I hope I don't get in trouble for posting the link to a modding site (I can't tell if it is or not), but at the end of the article they posted seven different pictures of outfits, which I'm assuming are some of the different playable heroes.  www.simsplanet2.com/site/sims-middeleeuwen-preview/

Edit 2:
Introduced myself to Google Translate!!  So I skimmed and found a bit on creating sims...
"It is possible to use a special Create a Sim (CAS) tool to create your own heroes. This works basically the same as Sims 3, but you have fewer options. You can choose from many medieval clothing, hairstyles and other accessories."  

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »
I was reading on one of the articles, you will be able to go into something like a buy mode and purchase certain items for the castle and also redo and recolor, but as far as building, you are right Pam.  I think there will be a few things you can tweek and such. I am sure there will be lots more info to come and will find out what else they have in store for the game.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 02:28:44 AM »
I can't wait for this game, it looks so fun! However, I still have not seen a single horse or cow or chicken in the image screen shots. I'm worried if there will be any 'horse play', or horses period.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 05:37:33 AM »
I was reading on one of the articles, you will be able to go into something like a buy mode and purchase certain items for the castle and also redo and recolor, but as far as building, you are right Pam.  I think there will be a few things you can tweek and such. I am sure there will be lots more info to come and will find out what else they have in store for the game.

Hmmm....this would make it much less interesting to me.  I really like building things and invisioned everything from serf hovels to castles with dungeons.  Ditto for the cas.  If you can't really make your Sim to suit yourself it would be less interesting.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see as more info comes out.  Not like it's going to happen like tomorrow!  We still have the other two to play around with.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 05:46:26 AM »
Just read the article all the way through.  Can we say "Age of Empires" or "Ultima" or "Civilization"?  I'm ok with that because I love those games as well, but after you conquered everyone it did get old.  Still, if it is Simish enough it could be great combining the Sims concept with this type of game concept.  Correct me if I'm wrong on my estimation it will be more like that.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 06:17:52 AM »
A couple of those pictures from Salty's second link to www.sims3nieuws.nl look comparable to CAS.

Edit 1:
Also: I can't read any of this site, so I hope I don't get in trouble for posting the link to a modding site (I can't tell if it is or not), but at the end of the article they posted seven different pictures of outfits, which I'm assuming are some of the different playable heroes.  www.simsplanet2.com/site/sims-middeleeuwen-preview/

Edit 2:
Introduced myself to Google Translate!!  So I skimmed and found a bit on creating sims...
"It is possible to use a special Create a Sim (CAS) tool to create your own heroes. This works basically the same as Sims 3, but you have fewer options. You can choose from many medieval clothing, hairstyles and other accessories."  

Interesting, a Dutch site... If you want to know more, I'd love to translate the site for you properly. (Google translate usually doesn't work well for me)
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -