Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

MissWulfy - Dynasty Delight
6 (8.1%)
ladybug53 - Nautical Dynasty Estate
14 (18.9%)
intl_incident - Rustic Hacienda Dynasty House
18 (24.3%)
Napoleonwrasse - Contemporary, Eclectic Dynasty Estate
12 (16.2%)
sunshine_2406 - Dynasty Haven
3 (4.1%)
Ricalynn - The Bridge / Dynasty Underground
21 (28.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: June 20, 2013, 05:48:26 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 11 - Dynasty Designs  (Read 8797 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Building Contest 2013: 11 - Dynasty Designs
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
In the dynasties, you can't age up children early so a lot of time is spent with them just sitting in their cribs.  A fireplace, some music, maybe a special fridge and some incense will keep their happiness bar full and they will at least accrue lifetime happiness points while you're waiting for them to leave the slug and toddler stages.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 06:40:42 PM »
I never knew that but it makes sense . I have my nooboo set on one day only .  :P That's all I can handle ... toddlers are more fun , at least you get to teach them things . I guess for a dynasty this would be quite important . Thanks for the tip .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline napoleonwrasse

• Townie
  • I'm a long time simmer who mostly builds.
    • Sims 3 Houses and Misc. items
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 07:18:12 PM »
@  napoleonwrasse - I really liked your set-up . I also liked your use of the shelves for night stand , nice touch . You did a great job on your entry .

Thank you!

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 08:30:58 PM »
napoleonwrasse -- I really liked that you were able to keep everything on one floor.  I love multi-story houses for lots of things, but I would imagine that it would be easier to keep all the members of the dynasty on one floor because there are so many people.  I especially liked the way you decorated the bedrooms.  Very simple and elegant.

ladybug -- Your house was really nicely laid out and decorated.  I struggled with the floorplan on mine, and was really impressed with how neatly yours was set up.  The nautical theme was really well done, too.

sunshine -- I liked the layout of your house as well.  All of the skilling items looked very practical, like you must have played dynasties before.  I've never played one, and so I think that based on what I saw in other houses, mine didn't have enough easels, etc. :)

Congratulations, ricalynn! Yours was so clever!  What a great way to fit so much into a small space.  Your bathroom as especially awesome.  I have done something similar in various gyms that I have built, but I've never even thought of doing it in a residence.  It made great sense for this challenge, and you made it look good, to. :)

I am open for any comments, especially if I missed anything important where dynasties are concerned.  This was a fun learning experience, to see how complicated those stories can be!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »
Intl - I loved your courtyard.  One of my first dynasty homes had a courtyard like that and sometimes I miss it.   I enjoyed the feel of your house.  It was very homey and well decorated. I enjoyed your use of color(which I'm bad at) and all the display cases around for showing off items.   The reason for multiple easels and sculpting stations is usually because this way you can queue up several in a row and then take the best looking/highest value portrait & sculpture for the museum. 

I got the idea from the bathroom because one of the things I hate the most is setting up 8 Sims to do their morning routines only for  four of them to mess it up somehow because of routing issues.  They can't get to a chair so they bump to the shower they were supposed to wait on and so forth.   Everyone ends up still stinky and late for work with only one having done half of what he was supposed to.   I'm in love with the public showers from the store for this very reason.  I will use the stall toilets and public showers from here on out no doubt about it.  And probably a lot more retirement pods.

One thing that could have been done was read the tips thread for the two dynasties.  There are a lot of little tips we've all placed in there and while some are mostly about gameplay, there are some about skilling objects and the like.    Dynasties not only have 8 people but they go for 40 weeks and you have to have a portrait for every life stage of those 8 people.  Not to mention if you want to keep any mementos from any of the housemates you had along the way.  Not just due to my lack of talent (I'm not normally inspired), I've learned to keep things simple. 

It's basically 8 people for over 40 weeks all doing 8 different skills and avoiding the other 7 they can't do.  You end up waiting for Grim at least once and you grow very attached to your little pixels. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Frey

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 10:43:12 PM »
I loved all the entries, but I have to say Ricalynn read my mind about all the little functional details that make your life easier while playing a Dynasty. That room for keeping the immortals away and busy was just... perfection!

I definitely will be borrowing some of your ideas in my next Dynasty! Specially the public bathrooms!

The other homes were very pretty (my personal favorite was Ladybug's) but after having failed or given up on so many Dynasties I was caught by Ricalynn's functionality.

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 02:15:06 AM »
Congratulations Ricalynn!! Amazing! I'm so going to download it when I get home  ;D.

If you guys got any tips on my house, please share :D. It's my first time building a home on a budget, usually I decorate a lot more ::).
Each day's a gift and not a given right (Nickelback)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2013, 02:41:44 AM »
Congratulations to Rica! All the other entries were fantastic, too  ;)
I didn't enter this one because I really struggle to build actual dynasty houses, so this one would be too hard for me.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

anything