Author Topic: The Lin Decadynasty - Chapter 2: Don't Abandon Hope...  (Read 3602 times)

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
The Lin Decadynasty - Chapter 2: Don't Abandon Hope...
« on: June 18, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
The Lin Decadynasty

Prologue: An Announcement

To: [email protected], [email protected]

Dear Shirls and Roxie,

Greetings from Monte Vista! I'm sorry you two had to be stuck with your parents' house in Riverview. Your construction work on the old house was...very interesting.

Of course, the first thing I did was to go get a makeover!

Sorry to say Roxie, but I can't look like a rockstar forever. Of course, that's your dream, isn't it?

But makeovers aren't why I emailed you guys, I could've just posted on Simbook. What I'm about to tell you has to be kept an absolute secret for now. I love you guys and I know I can trust you with this information. I'll tell my parents at some other date.

...I'm married.

Yes, I'm the one who proposed as well. But you have to understand – I think that's why I was destined to come to Monte Vista. To meet Luigi.

He just came over during one of the vaccination clinics and let's just say sparks flew and angels sang. It's amazing how much we have in common. He likes to read. He really likes the classic stuff, like Dante's Inferno. Did you guys read that in high school? But he's not just brains, though he's pretty smart. He's really healthy and works out a lot since he's in the military. Pretty high ranked too, but he wants to make it to space. Really, he's absolutely perfect. I can only hope you girls will find someone like him – even if it's just for a fling. Roxie.

He moved in pretty quickly – which made me feel bad. He actually just let his little sister Paola and her son live with him after Paola's husband died. But he reassured me that he would see them as often as he could, especially for his nephew's sake. I hope he can make time with his job and hopefully our future nooboos. You two could soon be aunts! I'm crossing my fingers.

Hugs from your cousin,
Erika

-----
Yes, I'm back finally. School is over for a few months, so let's have a little fun in Monte Vista! As for my previous DD, well, let's just say that Constance isn't entirely reprieved from me just yet!

As for restrictions...(edited for second attempt)
28 day seasons (Spring and Summer), Witches and Fairies, Fog Only On, 10 Day Lunar Cycle.
Our ancestors are Erika Lin and Luigi (Ricardo) Lin of Monte Vista.

Edit: Erika's cousins Shirley and Roxie respond to Erika's surprising email while dealing with their own issues in Sibling Rivalry - A Lin Sisters Town Jump.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: The Lin Decadynasty - Lin Dynasty Players
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »
Lin Decadynasty Players

Heir 1: Beatrice Lin
 (Born Week 1, Day 4 by Erika Lin and Luigi (Ricardo) Lin)

Honor Roll:
   Grade School:
   High School:

10 Different NPC Friends:

10 Best Friends:

Career:

Supermax:

10 BlackOps:

Building:

Property:

Adult Life Stage:

Tombstone:

10 Items:
Total Worth:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: The Lin Decadynasty - Chapter 1: A Loving, Sleeping Spirit
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »
Chapter 1 – A Loving, Sleeping Spirit

Dear Roxie and Shirls,

Yes Roxie, I made sure you were first this time. No, I still don't want to tell the parents yet – though they were pushing me to marry once I reached Adulthood. It just seems very hasty for me.
But I'm sure the cat will be out of the bag soon. After all, you guys are now officially aunts!

We couldn't wait.  As for the baby room, we had to add a room next to our kitchen. But I think it was worth it, or else we would have to deal with the baby's wailing when she was hungry. By the way, baby's name is Beatrice. Beatrice Lin. Since Luigi and I are very fond of the Divine Comedy and we're in Simtalia...I thought it was fitting. I envision her as a future artist, considering how many paintings have been done with Dante's Beatrice. But that just might be wishful thinking and the Monte Vista air getting to me.

When we're not taking care of Beatrice, we try to take care of ourselves by exercising, 

eating food from local ingredients,

getting the occasional makeover (I told Luigi that he can't be wearing sunglasses often! I love his eyes! But sunglasses are all the rage in Monte Vista.)

and ...learning alchemy?

Well, I was a little influenced by Paola. Monte Vista was hit with the Supernatural Wave like Riverview a few years ago and Paola became a witch. When she and Orlando came to visit Luigi and I she told me all about it – especially the Invigorating Elixirs! It's better than coffee, my dears.

I thought a little bonding with my new nephew was in order. He's quite cute and smart for his age.

I just hope that Beatrice, my loving, sleeping spirit, will be as smart as him in the future. What do you two think of her, though? As a future artist? Maybe not so much a doctor like me. I could always have other kids to have as doctors, but only if they want. Anyway, hope to hear more about your potential lovers and hope they are as good as my dear Luigi.

Love,
Erika.

P.S. Girls, I love your new makeovers! Shirley, I'm glad that you've started finally understanding the concept of fashion. And if you're wondering why Roxie called your old dress 'maternity wear'

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: The Lin Decadynasty - Chapter 2: Don't Abandon Hope...
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 01:51:52 AM »
Chapter 2 – Don't Abandon Hope, All ye Who Enter Here

Dear Shirls and Roxie,

Before Beatrice's toddler birthday, I had a rather bizarre dream about my the life of my daughter. For one, she really liked the color black.

She really wanted to get ahead in school...in a dinosaur costume.

She had a brother named Dante.

And grew up to be a rockin' teenager.

But later in life, she really wanted to paint, even though she had started working as a musician after she graduated high school. She called it her life's goal to be a Master of the Arts – the master of both visual and auditory art.

And she attained it...but...at the cost of someone dear to her.

She couldn't move on. Even though she revived him, he could not marry her for unexplainable reasons. She became an old lady and died alone, with only her brother at her funeral.

It's crazy, right? I don't know why I had such a nightmare about Beatrice. But dream! Beatrice and my Beatrice are two totally different people. For one, she's much more partial to green.

And the toy that Luigi's great-aunt sent us was named Dante.

I couldn't help it though, when I was teaching her to talk, that maybe talking her out of a Music career early in life might avoid that crazy nightmare I had. No offense to you Roxie, but I think the Lin family will only need one rockstar.

I hope that nightmare will never come again. I just...think I might've been out of it after the clinic I held recently.

- Erika

Note: ...yes, from now on, it's a second attempt. The 'nightmare' is a failed attempt botched by a bad decision (Music career for ops) plus a rather unfortunate event (Beatrice's fiance Goopy being struck by vampire starvation after a weird party glitch where no one left the beach for a couple of days). I was so close though...

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 05:01:32 AM »
I love the way of combinig your attempts. Too bad you had to restart, hopefully you won't have to do it again
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 04:07:34 AM »
Lovely start, the email idea is really nice. Good luck, I hope everything goes okay for this attempt :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 10:03:13 AM »
I'm moving this story to the Graveyard due to inactivity. The author can revive it at any time by contacting a moderator.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded