Author Topic: The McIrish Bunch - Random Town Jump (Mar 18)  (Read 14511 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
The McIrish Bunch - Random Town Jump (Mar 18)
« on: June 25, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »
Chapter 1: Of High School Sweethearts

This is a story of love and friendship, of adventure and new experiences, of nooboos and grandparents, and, most importantly, of awesome randomness. Random towns and traits and lifetime wishes. This is a story of following wishes and Sims as events unfold within our little family and around them in their community.

Anyone with a love of romance and stories of romance knows that there is a general sequence of events that unfolds in relatively the same order: girl meets boy ...

Girl graduates from high school as Valedictorian and Artist Extraordinaire ... (as proud Mama looks on)

Girl takes the University aptitude test and scores well enough to earn an art scholarship ...

Girl heads off for University with a bag full of clothes and a head full of dreams ... (the whole family waves good-bye)

OK, so maybe this isn't your typical high school sweethearts teen love story, but I promise, it does have a happy ever after ending. You will just have to read this story to its end to find out how everything unfolds.

*Based on judewright's Random Town Jump project.*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The McIrish Bunch - Random Town Jump (June 25)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 05:43:01 PM »
Great start Lilygirl! :D Will be reading! ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:48:58 PM »
It is nice to see River and Ethan taking the leads in a story.Looking forward to reading more.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
Weeeeee! I'm so excited to hear your story  ;D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »
This looks lovely, Lilygirl! I'm so happy you decided to do a town jump. You can depend on me being a reader.   :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 12:25:19 AM »
Thanks for all the comments! I've been playing this game for the past couple months (since Uni came out) and am really enjoying it. I've got loads of random pictures so the challenge is creating a story to weave them together.

Since my very first TS3 game I've wanted to play Ethan Bunch, and when I rolled SV as my first town, it was like it was destiny! I didn't want to play the Bunch family though so I picked a less popular family with a teen girl.

There will be more. :)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The McIrish Bunch - Random Town Jump (June 25)
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 01:02:32 AM »
Great start, LilyGirl! I'm happy to see another Town Jump :) I'll be following.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 02:11:04 PM »
I love romance books so am looking forward to your story.  Like how you started it, off to college to earn a degree and love will be on the way.  I like Ethan, he seems like a nice kid, if my memory is correct.

Looking forward to reading your story. 

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The McIrish Bunch - Random Town Jump (June 27)
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »
Chapter 2: It Takes an Artist to Know One

Our young female protagonist, like any protagonist, requires supporting characters to highlight her strengths and weakness, contributing to the development of her character. As River heads off in pursuit of art she is accompanied by her mother's housemate and friend, Molly French and Molly's new boyfriend, Grady Elfman. The story of their romance is one of dirty dishes, parties, and one earth-shattering kiss. But that is another story altogether best saved for a chapter of it's own.

River and Molly both major in art and share a few classes. After class, time is spent perfecting their sketching skills. Molly creates a beautifully whimsical portrait of River ...

While River, well, can anyone ever truly appreciate and understand the creative processes of a gifted artist? Is she hinting at Molly's love of racing through life like it's one big party? Perhaps, Molly should take up fishing? Either way, Molly expressed her appreciation of River's creativity by clapping. I guess it takes an artist to understand an artist.

Molly fully supports Grady's love and pursuit of the physical fitness and popularity kind by learning the school cheer. And indulging his boyish delight by performing the cheer with him. Molly is discovering that love requires an open mind, a willingness to try new things, and making a few sacrifices. Like her dignity, in a crowded bowling alley.

These first few (OK, many) updates will be short. I initially took screenshots just to take screenshots, I didn't have a story line in mind so I am piecing the story together using the limited and random screenshots I have.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The McIrish Bunch - Random Town Jump (June 27)
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 08:28:06 PM »
That is an interesting concept. I do the opposite, write a chapter or two and take photos that support; although I have at times had some that sent me in a different direction than I had planned. 

I am several chapters ahead due to the posting photo problem, haven't had a chance to check it out, as the kids are inside due to rain.  To distracting for me to focus.
Anyhow, that can be an interesting way to do it, creating a story that fits your photos.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The McIrish Bunch - Random Town Jump (July 4)
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »
Chapter 3: Heart-breaker Reformed

Molly French, AKA party girl and food fanatic, has one mission in life. A mission held deep within because social norms frown upon such "cold-hearted mistreatment" of other Sims' feelings, one might even say it's a little bit like aiming a stiletto heel at unsuspecting toes. One girl, ten hearts lead up to cloud 9, nine hearts crushed. Molly French, heart-breaker.

High school was a blur for young Molly, boys and parties and hormones were the perfect ingredients for her heart-breaker drink of choice. A few notches on her heart-breaker belt left her hungry for more but with each break-up it became harder to find a new heart to play with. One might think that with all the bridges she burned during high school, a young adult Molly might question her goals and methods. But it was not the embarrassment of being voted Most Likely to Regret Last Night, Every Morning at her high school graduation that reformed our heart-breaker.

Molly recognized her need for a change of scenery and set her sights on the blue skies of Sunset Valley, confident she would make it to number ten before too long. She believed in the power of confidence, epic parties, and great food.

It wasn't her new culinary career that reformed our heart-breaker, it merely added more males to her list of choices (Jared, to name one). It also wasn't the argument between Claire and Jared at one of her parties that resulted in Claire raising their daughter on her own. It wasn't the kindness of a stranger who took her in when Molly found herself pregnant too. It wasn't even the pregnancy itself or the beautiful little girl Molly became a mother to. A little girl, named Sandi, who grew up as all nooboos tend to do, skating with friends ...

And having a slumber party or two.

It took a man, a man with a set of traits and a lifetime wish that would send any family oriented or good female running the other way. Good thing then, perhaps, that Molly was neither of these.

When Grady Elfman proposed, Molly covered her face as her heart pounded in her chest, goose bumps covered her arms, and every cell in her body seemed to vibrate. What shocked her to her very core wasn't the ring, though it was beautiful, nor the proposal itself, nor the man proposing. No, what caused time to stand still for our Molly in this moment was a feeling, so unexpected yet obvious, that tiptoed out from behind what she thought to be her mission, buried deep within her heart, and spread out on tiny wings of hope throughout her body, touching each and every cell until it fluttered out in a single breath.

Molly knew, in this moment, that loving this man for the rest of her life was her life's mission. She said yes!

(Edited to correct content, for some reason I thought Molly was in the music career. *Face palm*)

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The McIrish Bunch - Random Town Jump (July 9)
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »
Chapter 4: Parties - Boring, a Baby, and Bouncing Early

The boy's proposal always sets off a cascade of parties and planning; errands to run, people to call, venues to book, dresses to try on, food to taste. The poor boy soon finds his head spinning and longs to hid under the covers until his best friend tells him "it's time".

Grady is no different but finds solace in the new rituals of grooms-to-be brought out by the new distinctions of generations. When he finds himself up to here in white satin and ribbons and cake, he does what every groom-to-be now has the right to do. He plans what is sure to be an epic bachelor party, complete with female police officer dancers.

The success of the party can be adequately judged by teenage Michael finding his homework more interesting, the confused look on Connor's face, and Jared's valiant attempt of infusing more fun by dancing on the bar counter.

Our bride-to-be, Molly forgoes the rowdy bachelorette party for a *family-friendly dancing party at the house and inviting coworkers and friends alike. Fiona talks to the young Autumn Cusack (pizza deliverer), while River listens to Pauline and Hank's unborn baby. *The family-friendly nature of the party is reinforced when Pauline goes into labour.

The following photographs are on loan from Molly's wedding album.

Choosing to surpass the ensuing rush for wedding cake with the inevitable foot stomping, Sandi, River, and Fiona share a delightful picnic on the beach instead.

The party runs well into the night with dancing and good food, but not for our Molly. This night, for the first time in her life, Molly chooses to leave a party early.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

JessieJJJ

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
I have never seen Grady as a spouse or even in a household! Great job with the wedding!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »
It took me another read-through to notice the tattoos on River's arm. Cute!

That's quite a line to end the chapter on too. I'm anxious to see where everyone's stories lead.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »
Thanks for the comments, Trip and Jessie!

Grady was a surprise addition to my household. Initially, I wasn't going to have Molly 'settle down' but she kept rolling wishes for the maid (Grady) so I gave in. She only gets to live one lifetime in this story so I thought I'd better give the Sim what she wants. :P

After she became a young adult, River kept rolling the Get a Tattoo wish. I decided to develop a theme so she looks artsy tattooed instead of biker chick tattooed. It seemed more her style.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything