The Aria Collection  Steleus
9 (11.3%)
Manning the helm  Swirl-girl
4 (5%)
Sizzling Mamacita Collection Vinyl
6 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 01:34:45 PM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 05 - Resort Wear Collection - Closed  (Read 15985 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher

CAS Contests 2013: 05 - Resort Wear Collection

The Situation:
Thanks to the creative Simmers in this forum, the survivors from Gilligan's Island have finally been brought safely home to Island Paradise.  And after all those decades on an isolated lonely island, what's first on the agenda?  A shopping trip, of course!  New clothes!

Your Task:
What will the castaways - and other shoppers looking for a resort wardrobe - find in the exclusive clothing shops of Island Paradise?  Sims are flocking to the new resort town, eager to take part in all it has to offer.  Your task is to design the perfect resort wear collection, using only items available in Stuff Packs and Expansion Packs - no Store items or Custom Content.  Your collection may include up to six outfits suitable for resort wear.  Will your collection focus on a particular age group?  Will you focus on swimwear, formal attire or some other category or will you include garments of different types?  Will your collection be geared toward men, women, or both?  You are the designer.  The creative decisions are yours.  You may use any suitable-aged Sims to model your collection.  What matters in this contest is the clothing collection, not the models.  Of course, presentation is important.  You will want to find the right name for your collection and to show the garments as attractively as possible.

Screenshot Notes for this Contest:  The usual limit of 10 screenshots in your entry thread applies.  You may choose to use fewer screenshots if you wish.  Because the focus is on the clothes and not the Sim in this contest, you don't need to worry about having the usual close-up views.  You can take your screenshots in whatever way best shows off the clothing.  It's your choice whether to take the pictures in CAS or in a naturalistic setting.  Keep in mind that the screenshots should not include CC or store content other than registration rewards or other free items.

Also, remember you can post only one screenshot in this thread.  I know one screenshot probably will not show your whole collection.  That's ok.  Think of this thread as the cover of your catalogue - you can't show everything, so you will need to decide which screenshot best represents your collection.

How to Upload your Outfits:  People can choose to upload each outfit individually (6 or more links, depending on whether you have full outfits or separate tops and bottoms).  OR, you can choose one of the Sims from a brand-new Sunset Valley game, put the clothes on that Sim (without making over the Sim), and upload the Sim (one link, or possibly a couple of links).  The idea would be that the SV Sim is your "sales representative" who will deliver the clothes.  If your collection cannot all fit on one Sim (eg, you have Male and Female clothes, or you have 6 of one type of garment), you can use more than one SV Sim.  The reason for an un-made over SV Sim is that they are Sims we all have, and this contest is about the clothes, not the Sims.  The "sales representative" does not have to be the Sim/s used in the screenshots (those are your models).  You can show the clothes on any model/s you want.  Just say at the bottom of your entry "Our sales representative Emma Hatch (or whoever) will bring the clothes to your house."

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 28th June - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 11th July - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 05 - Resort Wear Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »
Please note there have been a couple of additions to the contest information/rules above. The information on screenshots and uploading outfits was added in response to messages from ladybug53 - many thanks for the feedback, ladybug!  I hope this new information will make it easier to upload your collection.  As always, if there are any questions, feel free to contact me.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 03:28:25 PM »
Kiwi Island Collection
by ladybug53

This collection was designed by Kiki Robinson for the Kiwi Summer Island Collection . Kiki had heard of the castaways from Gilligan's Island that finally made to land here in Isla Paradiso . Kiki thought that a brand new summer collection would cheer up especially the female that made it here safely . In Mary Ann Summers' honor she designed this collection .
Kiki will be our model since this is so special to her .

Lets follow Kiki to the Fashion show : Kiwi Summer Island Collection
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »
Did this contest require us to have the island paradise ep? I have only base game(ep not on store), can I take part in this contest?
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »
Did this contest require us to have the island paradise ep? I have only base game(ep not on store), can I take part in this contest?

No, you absolutely don't have to have IP or any other expansion pack to take part in this contest.  Base game is all you need. :)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 04:18:05 PM »
No, you absolutely don't have to have IP or any other expansion pack to take part in this contest.  Base game is all you need. :)
Ok, then i will participate. And why the contest rules link you have given is not working. Whenever i enter, it says the topic is broken or like that.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
This is what she/he was referring to . It looks like the link is not working.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Edit : this is the message I got when I clicked on it too .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »
Sorry about the problem with the link.  It should work now.  Thanks for letting me know about it.  :)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
For that woman who isn't afraid to lead her own path.
This is the:
Manning the Helm Collection

Modeled by free-spirit (*cough cough*) Nadia Sheffield!

View the complete collection here!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
Paradise Goth Resort Wear

Is your teen-aged daughter threatening to boycott the family vacation because she "won't be caught dead in pastel?" Has your husband declared that no daughter of his will "parade around on the beach in a black bikini?" Do you feel that maybe you should have arranged to go to Antarctica?

Here at Paradise Goth, we believe that black can be both fashionably and comfortably cool. Our lightweight, breathable fabric is coated with an environmentally-friendly substance that blocks UV rays making black as perfect a choice for summer as any other color.

Our model and sales representative, Lisa Bunch, will be happy to bring the collection to your home. You can view the entire collection here.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »
Summer Styles for Kids & Tots by the Snuffles Clothing Co.

Summer has arrived and we've designed a brand-new collection for your kids, old or young. This collection features a mix of everyday and swimwear outfits, all perfect for the beach!

Check out the full range here!

Snuffles Clothing Co.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 06:26:23 AM »
One question, did I have to uplkoad the sim in CAS or edit-town household?

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 06:27:40 AM »
Pretty in Paradise Set, by Ausette

Isn't half the fun of going on a holiday not having to worry about anything? Well, let us take the worry out of fashion with these six gorgeous everyday outfits! You can pick and choose your favourite outfits if there's any that take your fancy, or you can purchase the lot on your first day away to take the worry out of a whole week of paradise.

For details and download links, click here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »
One question, did I have to uplkoad the sim in CAS or edit-town household?

Please re-read the rules at the top of this thread.  You are not allowed to upload your Simself in this contest.  Only Sims from a brand-new Sunset Valley game can be uploaded.  This contest is about the clothes, not the Sims.  I am removing the link from your contest thread because it contains your Simself.  If you want to use your Simself in the pictures as a model, that's ok, but you cannot upload that Sim into this contest.  You will have to either put the clothes on a SV Sim and upload that one, or you can upload each garment separately.  If you aren't sure how to do this, send me a PM with your questions.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
Please re-read the rules at the top of this thread.  You are not allowed to upload your Simself in this contest.  Only Sims from a brand-new Sunset Valley game can be uploaded.  This contest is about the clothes, not the Sims.  I am removing the link from your contest thread because it contains your Simself.  If you want to use your Simself in the pictures as a model, that's ok, but you cannot upload that Sim into this contest.  You will have to either put the clothes on a SV Sim and upload that one, or you can upload each garment separately.  If you aren't sure how to do this, send me a PM with your questions.
okay, sorry i forgot the rules. Just check the link, because yesterday it was broken. I will now just create one.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »
Mother and Daughter Vacation Collection

By Azokka

When a mother and her daughter go on vacation together, there is a delicate balance between wearing matching Hawaiian shirts and being wrapped up in a parka. And then there's the fact that you need clothing that is functional, lightweight, and is prepared for every spontaneous splash battle. Here in the Mother and Daughter Vacation Collection, we combine all these attributes with style to make your next vacation effortless.

Check out the entire collection here

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 02:17:31 PM »
Christopher Paradise
by chetanhaobijam

Today, fashion designer Christopher Steel will show his skills by making appropriate and fashionable dress for the newcomers from Giligan Island  to wear while they stay at his resort. He has also agreed to volunteer as a model to show you the nice dress he made. The dress are mostly green in colour as it is his favourite colour.

You can find his whole collection here.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 07:41:01 AM »
Cruise Collection
by GoslettM

Come on and have fun in the sun with these gorgeous colourful everyday outfits.  There is something for everyone, dads, moms, boys, girls and for both gender toddlers too.

Check out the full range here!

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 05:29:51 PM »
All the collections are wonderful (wish real life was like Sims ,like an outfit ? Well down load and it's yours!)Have bookmarked this.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 05:52:34 PM »
All the collections are wonderful (wish real life was like Sims ,like an outfit ? Well down load and it's yours!)Have bookmarked this.

Glad you like them!  But please remember, the contest is not open for comments until after voting has taken place.  When the poll closes, anyone who wants feedback is free to say so in this thread.  Meantime, enjoy!  :)

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 02:04:58 AM »
Oops sorry :o

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »
Elder’s Last Resort by Gogowars329
Many elders are spending their retirement money at some of the biggest resorts in Isla Paradiso but none of them have clothes that are made for elders to relax in. This collection is for them. Elder’s Last Resort features an Everyday, Formal and Swimwear outfit for both male and female elders.

Check it all out here!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Steleus

• Nooboo
  • "What color was the barn you were raised in?"
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »
The Aria Collection
By Steleus

A new collection created and modeled by designer Aria Cisco, just for the ladies of Isla Paradiso. The collection highlights mint and coral pink colors as well as a light hearted, yet still sophisticated style.

View the catalog here

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 05:43:03 PM »
Prismatic Resort Wear

Is it an uphill battle trying to get the important men in your life to go out to the resorts? Well, here at Prismatic Resort Wear, we believe the problem is not with the man, but with the clothes! Our talented designers work diligently with diverse materials and many-hued colours to tailor the perfect fashion statement for male Sims everywhere. Our grumpy enthusiastic model, Murdoch, will show you just a sample from our catalogue.

Content Used: Basegame, World Adventures, High-End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Showtime, Seasons, University Life

It seems like our absent-minded secretary over here forgot to include a link to the rest of our catalogue. Fortunately, we've managed to recover it. You can find the rest of our prismatic products here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 02:54:24 PM »
Island Goth Collection  modeled by Cornelia Goth
EP/SP used:  Base game and Isla Paradiso

Cornelia managed to wangle a FREE vacation at Isla Paradiso by modeling this adorable line of clothing.  All dark and all Goth yet with an island flare and style.  And sooooo affordable!  This little number is the bright light of the collection.

Find the rest of the line here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,16804.0.html
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 09:42:33 PM »
Sizzling Mamacita Collection

EPs used:  Base game, Generations, Showtime, and Isla Paradiso

Style doesn't have to take a vacation when an expectant sim travels.  This new collection for mothers-to-be offer cool, comfortable options inspired by island breezes and tropical rhythms. 

L to R:  Hot Tamale swimsuit, Island Explorer active wear, Tropical Sunrise everyday outfit, Bird of Paradise formal dress, Fiesta Siesta nightgown, Crashing Wave formal dress

Get the entire collection here!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 01:28:07 AM »
Island Expectations by Three Sunsets Maternity

With the recent addition of Island Paradise to all of our travel brochures, Three Sunsets Maternity presents a sample of it's new collection: Island Expectations!  Each outfit is specifically designed to give a blooming Sim the exact comfort she needs while having fun and growing new life.

To view this new and exciting collection, stop by over here.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Island Wedding Collection
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 12:56:33 PM »
Some people want to escape the islands, others plan their escape to the islands.

For years the resorts of Isla Paradiso has been a popular destination to couples who want to avoid huge weddings and parties with guests chosen by their parents in favor for a more intimate ceremony with each other. A wedding and honeymoon in one if you will. But like all weddings even a small one like this brings worries and questions, one of which is what do we wear?. Now young couples don't have to wonder any more, because the Island Wedding Collection is here!

To promote this great way to experience Isla Paradiso the tourism board hosted a lottery an one lucky couple won both a full set of the Island Wedding Collection and an all expenses paid trip to their resort of choice! This is how their trip went...

Will their marrige last a lifetime or crash and burn? Only time will tell, but one thing is for certain - they will never regret getting married in the Island Wedding Collection!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 07:31:40 AM »
This contest is now closed for entries.  Voting will begin as soon as the poll is put up.  We have MANY great entries this time, so be sure to review them all before choosing your favourites!

Edit:  The poll is now up.  Thanks very much to ratchie for her courage and work in putting up our biggest-ever CAS poll, which also happens to be her first one!  Much appreciated, ratchie.  :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 05 - Resort Wear Collection - Poll Open
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »
It was a tight contest, with many great entries to choose from, but we have a winner!  Congratulations to Ausette and everyone else who submitted an entry.

I'll be contacting Ausette for her winner's statement.  Meanwhile, if any of the entrants are open to receiving feedback, please say so in this thread.  When giving feedback, please remember to give feedback only to those who have requested it.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 05 - Resort Wear Collection - Poll Open
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 02:04:17 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  05 - Resort Wear Collection - June 28 - July 11, 2013
    And the winner is - Ausette!

Congratulations to Ausette! You can download the winning entry here: Pretty in Paradise Set.

In her winner's statement Ausette said:

"Wow, what a lovely surprise to wake up to! Out of all the entries in this contest, I didn't remotely expect mine to win - there were so many other fantastic ideas and creative takes on the beachwear concept. I love designing clothes in CAS and I was thrilled by how many people joined in the fun this week. Congratulations to all the amazing participants, and thank you for the votes and for all the lovely new clothes for my Simmies!"

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
Congratulations Ausette! You are most certainly deserving of the title. And to everyone else, great job as well. And like usual, I would love some constructive criticism!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Congratulations on winning, Ausette! I'm open to feedback on my entry.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
Congratulations Ausette!  This was a really fun contest, and highly educational too!  I'd never shared clothing items before nor tried to take so many close up shots.  Trying to sort out camera options and graphics settings is still something I'm messing around with.  As always I'm open to feedback.

Swirl-Girl - Your collection really felt like somebody's wardrobe, which was nice.  I really dug the recolour on the aqua top!

Azokka - Great theme for the clothes, very creative!  I love the use of the bubble/circle pattern on mom's formal dress, and your recolours of the fan and peacock feather patterns has me looking at them in new ways.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
Thank you Vinyl. I got that idea too. Like they were all similar, but not all bought at once or even at the same place. I also adore that recolor. That shirt has so much potential!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Congratulations Ausette ! You did an excellent job on all your outfits . Love them all !  :)

I would like to thank our contest coordinator for such a fun and creative contest . I had great fun doing it . Wish I could've had more than one entry .  :P

I'm going to post my comment once , for all who wish to get my comment on their entry . I only wish , that I was allowed more than three votes . All the entrants here, deserved one of my votes . Everyone's line of clothing design was just spectacular . You are all so very creative . Bravo to all of you . Awesome job ! You all deserve to wear a crown for this contest .  ;D
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Congratulations, Ausette! What a fabulous, well-present entry!

@Everyone - I loved all your entries! You were all super creative and each one was special and unique in their own way.

I'm open to comments on my entry

(And can I just say, I'm absolutely chuffed to have come joint runner-up so thanks to everyone who voted for my entry  ;) )
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Congratulations Ausette. Thanks to everyone who voted for me. Did not expect to come second at all with all the amazing entries.

I'm open to comments.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Congratulations, Ausette! It was a well-deserved win in a very competitive field. If anyone wants to comment on my entries, I'd be glad to hear them.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Congratulations to Ausette for winning the contest. Your marvellous entry deserve the win.

I didn't win, but i got a huge lot of experience from this contest and may be entering in future contest. I'm open to comments, if you want to give me any feedback.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Oh my gosh, I can't believe I won!  :D Thank you so much for the votes and comments, guys. Seriously, everyone else's entries were so amazing I was expecting to finish somewhere near the bottom of the list, and I was completely fine with that.

@Swirl-Girl: I really liked how you had a Sim and a story to go with your entry. Everything was so adorable and quirky, especially the "lion outfit"!  :)

@azokka: Yours was one of my favourites from the moment I saw that purple everyday dress :). You did a wonderful job balancing bright colours with pastel and neutral shades. I particularly loved all three of the mother's outfits.

@Vinyl: Yours was a lovely idea and I think you couldn't have done it better. I can't even pick a favourite from the outfits and items, they're all so gorgeous! I really like how you've matched and balanced the colour scheme across the set. You've clearly put a lot of care and effort into your outfits, although I have to admit I was distracted wondering about the lucky guy who got to impregnate all your models.  :o

@ladybug: I liked how you kept to a simple colour scheme, as if you'd designed the clothes based off a Sim's favourite colour. The outerwear top and athletic outfit were my favourites.  :)

@Snuffles: Again, that's such a sweet idea and it's executed beautifully! I love the little matching outfits, especially the Hawaiian boy and orange girl's outfit. You've done such a great job choosing bold patterns that work well with bright colours.

@Gogo: Cute idea, cuter name  ;). Chilled Blue Swirls was my favourite outfit. I think your items could have worked with brighter colours, but pastels make sense for elders and you've done an excellent job with them.

@MarianT: LOVE the idea, and wow did you deliver on it! Every outfit fit absolutely perfectly into your theme. They're all so good that I can't even pick a favourite, although I'm tickled that a wetsuit could be marketed as "Gothic".  ;)

@Chetan: Good on you for using only base game! I see you've stuck only to Themed patterns, but you've done a good job with what you've got. I like the woodsy-beach theme you have going in the everyday outfit.

I'm open to comments myself, as usual.

Offline Steleus

• Nooboo
  • "What color was the barn you were raised in?"
Congratulations, Ausette! I really loved the colors in your entry!

I, too, am open for feedback c:

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
Ladybug - Excellent use of the new island paradise clothing.  I loved the coral colour you used (coral can be so hard to get on the color wheel, at least it is for me!).  The coral/green combo made me think of summer.   :)

Snuffles - I adored your kids outfits so much!  Love that all of the patterns were standard, the recolours really transformed them, and you even managed to use that huge stripe pattern on the girls shorts and make it work! 

Gogowars - Elder clothes!!  Love the pairing of combos and recolours.  Love the models.  Love that it's for elders!   ;D 

MarianT - Loved the outside the box creativity of a gothic resort line!  Great patterns and style used to really sell it!

Chetanhaobijam - I like how your entries had a more woodsy resort feel to them.  I especially like the swimtrunks - you managed to make them look slightly faded by the sun and water.

Ausette - Your pattern choices and recolours were inspiring.  I love the story each outfit told, and the names you gave them were fantastic (rockatoo!).  Congratulations again!

Steleus - Fantastic pics!  Your shots really looked like high-end fashion ads.  Your entire line really had an upscale, modern feel to it.  I also really like pattern and colour of the bikini!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Congratulations Ausette!  I loved your use of patterns that I normally wouldn't have thought about.   I'm open to suggestions on my entry and I'll be back to talk about how much I loved all the entries after I take care of some real life things.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
Ricalynn, you already know I adored your entry.  ;)  Such lovely maternity wear.  I especially love the pizazzle of the red and white swimsuit.  I didn't even know that pattern was in the game!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Well this one was a toughie!  I wanted to vote for EVERYONE.  It was so hard to pick a favorite when everyone had something unique and wonderful.  However, I must say I am not surprised Ausette won.  Her color and pattern combinations were so much fun and really said resort wear.  I particularly liked the shorts with the yellow patterned top.  Reminded me of Daisy Dukes and clothes I wore as a teen.  Congratulations Ausette and to each and every one of you.  Really a great job and gave me so many new outfits to use now!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Congrats to Ausette for a very well-deserved win! It was very difficult to make just three votes, and I'm not surprised that things were as close as there were. Everyone had a great entry, and I wish I could've chosen more. I'm open for any comment or critique on my entry.

Swirl-Girl: I particularly liked your swimwear in this entry, and I can't quite put my finger on why. I think part of it might be the way it was framed with the waterskiing that made it look really good.

Azokka: I liked the framing of having the mother-daughter collection, and I thought your child formalwear was really cool.

Vinyl: I thought your orange Generations dress was lovely.

Snuffles: I'm really a fan of how the outfits seemed like something a child would wear. They seemed very life-like in that regard. Very good job with that.

Gogowars: Your attempt to make good resort wear for Elders was very clever. I would not have thought of doing an Elder-only set.

Marian: Your opening blurb describing your collection had me laughing multiple times. Very witty!

Chetan: It was great that your entry managed to use only basegame clothes. I'm not sure how I could've done anything without my shiny expansion clothes, so your eye for fashion in the basegame is quite remarkable.

Ausette: I've always been impressed with your eye for patterns, a gift I've never been able to possess. The two designs farthest to the right were my favourites, but they were all great.

Steleus: I loved how the model's face was never seen. It really puts the emphasis on the clothes themselves. I was quite tickled by the Aztec swimwear, mostly for the name.

Ricalynn: It was really cool how you had two different models, almost like it was two separate supply chains. The three for each model felt like they went together, but you still added that variety with the other model. Really clever.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I have to say, the entries in this contest just blew me away!  They were all winners.  Each collection had something distinctively attractive about it, whether it was the colours, the patterns, or the way outfits were coordinated.  The presentations were superbly done.  And most of all, I loved the variety in the collections - from elders' wear to outfits for young children and everything in between, including mothers-to-be and a wedding collection.  The hardest thing for me was deciding which collections to vote for - I waited until the last minute to cast my vote, because I really wanted to vote for them all.

Kudos to everyone who entered this contest, and thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
I think I will agree with Schip on this--it was very difficult to choose only three out of such a fun variety of entries. :D

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
I also agree with Schipperke. It was so hard to chose the 3 favourites. Really, i wanted to chose all. All of the entries were nice and unique in each way. And thanks for the compliments. I have only base game, so i had to use only the patterns available in the game.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
I have to say, the entries in this contest just blew me away!  They were all winners.  Each collection had something distinctively attractive about it, whether it was the colours, the patterns, or the way outfits were coordinated.  The presentations were superbly done.  And most of all, I loved the variety in the collections - from elders' wear to outfits for young children and everything in between, including mothers-to-be and a wedding collection.  The hardest thing for me was deciding which collections to vote for - I waited until the last minute to cast my vote, because I really wanted to vote for them all.

Kudos to everyone who entered this contest, and thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

Oh, I agree! I definitely think we should do more open-ended contests like this one. It makes it hard to pick a favourite, but it's so wonderful to see everyone's ideas! :)

@Steleus: Oooh, very fancy posing! I like how you genuinely made it look like a high-fashion catalogue. Your outfits were gorgeous too in a rather realistic-looking way; the denim and darker fabrics made it look like something a model would throw together from her own wardrobe. That said, my favourite was the swimwear. The pattern was lovely and you balanced the colours perfectly.  :)

@Rica: Hey, I recognise some of those patterns  ;)! You did a really lovely job with them, too; that Blue Bubbles dress is absolutely gorgeous. I also really love the red Showtime swimsuit, and I think it would look perfect on one of your pregnant Grim ladies.

@Joria: I'm not sure if you wanted comments on your entry, but I didn't think it would hurt to say I adored the concept and all of your outfits were lovely :). My favourite, for the name and the patterns you used, would have to be "scuba-scuba-do". Love it.  ;D

@Audren: Don't be silly, you have fantastic eye for patterns! Your collection was lovely and neutral and all the pieces work together perfectly. I think you did a great job with the green top in particular.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha

Ausette, congrats for a very, very well-deserved win!  ;)  I also agree with you Schipperke, this one was very, very hard to choose.

Once again I would like to thank our contest co-ordinators for such a fun and creative contest.  I had so much fun.  8)

anything