Author Topic: Dr Pepper codes...did you find them?  (Read 31089 times)

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
Re: Dr Pepper codes...did you find them?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 02:48:17 PM »
We have Dr Pepper where I live (England) but I haven't seen that promo anywhere and I would have heard about it as my brother is nuts on the stuff! Must be just the US  :(
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 06:01:41 AM »
Hey, I'm having a spot of trouble. I managed to get ahold of some bottles with the promotional caps, but I'm having a issue with one of the downloads. I had three codes, so I redeemed the woody car, the evening dress, and the yellow criss cross top, but the top won't download from my Sim 3 download page to my launcher, like the others. Anyone got a idea of what I can do? It'll be a wasted code otherwise.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 10:14:04 AM »
I finally found some too and got the woody car.  My sister whined hard enough, so I gave her a code on another bottle, lol.  The only suggestion, is that if the download took, it is still in your purchase history on sims3.  Once you put the code in, you can find it there, as you probably already know.  Other than just to keep trying, not sure what else to do.  My downloader has been kinda sluggish lately, not sure why, sometimes it has taken me up to three tries to download things, which it never did before.  Good luck.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 10:53:45 AM »
TollingBells,

EA's been having some real trouble with "The Store" the past few weeks. I've spent way too much time on the "official" Forums and sending e-mails to technical support trying to get some stuff to download.  :(

As long as the top is showing up in your "Purchase History," I suspect once they shake the bugs out of the Store you'll be able to get the item. The Dr. Pepper items (as well as some of the Daily Deal items and sets) seem to be the ones currently affected.

Hope this helps.  :)

-- Happytime

Hey, I'm having a spot of trouble. I managed to get ahold of some bottles with the promotional caps, but I'm having a issue with one of the downloads. I had three codes, so I redeemed the woody car, the evening dress, and the yellow criss cross top, but the top won't download from my Sim 3 download page to my launcher, like the others. Anyone got a idea of what I can do? It'll be a wasted code otherwise.

bshag

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 12:57:02 PM »
Alright, I'll admit it...I whined.  But I got my car and now I'm an extremely happy camper...it's gorgeous. ;D

As salty said, the code won't be wasted, the item will still be in your purchase history and all you have to do is download again.  I spent some time in the EA store yesterday and they are having issues.  One time it works fine and the next it doesn't. ::)  I just usually wait a few hours and try again. 

I honestly think that there are  peak times that ppl visit, especially when they release new sets.  When I dl'ed the car it took a good 5 minutes for it to dl and I thought at first that it had frozen. 

Sometimes you just have to be patient.  Good Luck! 

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »
Yeah, it's in my purchase history, so it's good, but I wish it would download. If I get another bottle before the end of the promotion, I'd like to get the surfboard, for some reason... :-[ I'd love to make a surf themed house down at the beach. It would be so much fun to make a tin roof house with a big ole deck.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Happytime

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 08:05:07 PM »
Yeah, I keep seeing that sweet car in pictures, and I nearly think I should go ahead and break down and send some self-addressed stamped envelopes off to Dr. Pepper.

I've looked all over for those promos, and they just aren't available / showing up around here-a-bouts.

-- Happytime

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 11:56:11 PM »
Guess I should buy stock in the little store I get these bottles of Dr. Pepper from, tomorrow will get a few more bottles. I need at least 5 more bottle caps, plus my sister needs some.  I guess I will be drinking Dr. Pepper for a while. lol.  Those items are so neat, it is worth it though.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 05:22:28 PM »
They really are.  ;) I love the cars, but I wanted the gown and top more. I'll probably get...2 more, I guess.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Happytime

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
I bought two 2-Liter bottles of Dr. Pepper today that were marked "Iron-Man Promo" ... I've read elsewhere the codes sorta' work regardless of the game.

If I don't get that car ... I'll ... I'll ... (hehe  :D prolly send off some self-addressed envelopes!).

-- Happytime

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 10:54:22 PM »
I just got three more, I got one of the hairstyles and the other car, not the woody station wagon, but the other one, but it decided it didn't want to download, lol.  Will try again later, at least it is in purchase history for later download.  A few more to get and I am done.

Leto85

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »
And what if I change my game into the English version? We to have Dr Pepper in our country (Holland), so maybe that's it.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 12:17:59 AM »
I hate Dr. Pepper.  Anyone have luck getting promo codes at Taco Bell?  I might be headed there tonight for a snack.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 06:03:11 AM »
 :'( The woody has a surfboard lodged in the back, darn it. Otherwise...It's pretty cute. I'm going out for my birthday tommorrow, maybe I'll grab a few more bottles.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
I love the woody car and even gave it to my wishmasters sims, I think secretly they fight over it, lol.  The other car is stuck in purchase history and cannot download it.  I guess there are quite a few people that have the same problem.  Oh well, no big deal, I think I like the other one better, maybe they will fix it.