Author Topic: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 12, 9/27/2013]  (Read 9747 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
The Blood Legacy [Chapter 12, 9/27/2013]
« on: July 09, 2013, 04:27:05 AM »
Stats and Family Information

Agana Family Tree- Beware, SPOILER ALERT!
Kitty Agana Family Tree- Beware, SPOILER ALERT!
Download the Aganas here: The Wolf's Den

Pets
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First Gen

Second Gen

Table of Contents

Generation 1
Prologue
Chapter 1: Landfall
Chapter 2: Married Life has its Perks
Chapter 3: Could Quianna be Goin' Soft?
Chapter 4: Life is Full of Surprises
Chapter 5: Running Ragged
Chapter 6: Snow Flake Day and Birthdays
Chapter 7: New Additions for the House and the Family
Chapter 8: Family Update
Chapter 9: Having to Say Goodbye Too Soon

Generation 2
Chapter 10: Time Stands Still for No Sim
Chapter 11: Joining Two Lives
Chapter 12: An Exciting Snow Flake Day

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 04:27:39 AM »
Prologue: The Legend of Captain Blood

The Pirate Shanty
Shanty courtesy of Worldwide Adventurers, from YouTube
I am not a pirate, but I long to be,
Sailing by the stars across the seven seas;
Living with no earthly cares, my mates and me,
The envy of all worldly men who are not free.

A song to sing for beggars, a song to sing for saints;
A song to sing for wealthy men, all wrapped and bound in chains!
Our treasure's not in gold, or in our piety:
Our wealth is in an answered call, the longing of the sea!

Stormy oceans carry us to lands we've never known,
To mysteries and buried secrets from the tales of old.
So hoist the sail and raise the flag, we do not stop for night;
We'll ride the wild winds and waves until the morning's light!

In smuggler's caves and tavern halls, we live by no man's rules.
We fly the colors of the living, free and proud and true!
We set out on the ocean blue to escape tyranny;
We'll keep our merry hearts alive so long we roam the sea.

A man once walked along the shore, and called he out to me,
"I see you are a fisherman, a lover of the sea.
I know this world's a wretched place, but if you'll follow me
I'll take all of your burdens... and pirates we shall be!"

Yo-ho, yo-ho!

He was known far and wide only as ‘Captain Blood.’  No one really knew his origins or why he had become a Pirate.  They only knew he was one of the best.  He and his crew terrorized the seas all around the Sim world, though maybe terrorize isn’t quite the word for it… especially since his name was reputedly fiercer than the actual Captain was.  That’s not to say he wasn’t a person to be feared, oh no, but as long as those he pirated surrendered and didn’t fight, he gave quarter and kept his men in line with an iron hand.  Only the most foolhardy underestimated him.

But just as suddenly as he appeared, he seemed to vanish just as quickly.  His name had been whispered from one shore to another, then suddenly, he was heard from no more.  What had happened to him?  Were the rumors true?  Did he have a daughter out there somewhere?  Read on to find out!

This is a Legacy Story.  I’m adhering to Pinstar’s rules as closely as I can, also adding the matriarchal as well as the family rule.  The family trait being Sailor (it’s Pirates, so of course, it has to be the Family Trait ^^).  I will be keeping score, though it isn’t the most important thing; it’s more just to keep me interested.  I’m also adding a few of my own rules for the same reason, such as having spares remain as long as possible in the hopes of getting their LTW completed, and trying to see how many different skills I can supermax over the generations.  Sailor, as a note, may not be the first or even second trait rolled.  If it is one of the random traits rolled, then it's one more point to knowing who the heir may be.  One of my other little challenges that I'm adding for myself is that I am going for as many multiple births as I can.  ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 04:29:39 AM »
Chapter 1: Landfall

“Captain Blood”… that’s all I ‘ear!  I swear, if’n I ‘ear ‘is name one more time, I might just scream!  Yes, ‘e’s my da!  No, I don’t know where ‘e is!  If’n I did, I’d march up to ‘im and box ‘is ears, I tell ya!  So stop askin’ me!  Can’t a girl ‘ave a lil peace!?  It ain’t enough that I was kicked off me own ship because of a dastardly curr by the name o’ Seamus ‘Sim Stopper’ Murphy, but now I gotta keep ‘earin’ that Captain Blood nonsense!  Argh!

This… charming *cough cough* lady IS the daughter of the famous Captain Blood.  Her name is Quianna Agana.  Her very name means “Noble Blood”.  Oh, pardon me… I should introduce myself.  I am the lawyer for the Agana family.  The current Matriarch of the family has asked that I go over the family records thoroughly.  I must admit that I am quite fascinated by this family’s history, in particular, their backstory.  So I jumped at the chance.  I don’t see an issue with adding a bit of commentary here and there to keep things clear.  This truly is a fascinating story.  As I was saying, this is Quianna Agana, daughter of Captain Blood.  She’s a brave, adventurous lass with a daredevil streak in her.  And being the daughter of a pirate, she’s a born sailor as well as loving to swim.

Traits: adventurous, brave, daredevil, sailor, loves to swim

The beginning of her journal is a bit… irate.  Then again, she had good reason.  Her ranting talked of being kicked off her own ship.  This is true.  The first mate rallied the men around him, siting her being a woman and soft as a reason for her to be unfit to be captain.  To add insult to injury, he marooned her on an island with only a tiny little dinghy to escape with.  The likelihood of her getting anywhere in the sad little craft was very slim.  However… Quianna proved to be her father’s daughter.  I won’t repeat some pieces of her journal, considering the strong… language and other epithets she uses for Seamus and those who helped him.  Suffice it to say that eventually, she did make it off this little island.  It took her months, but eventually, she made it to a place called Sunlit Tides.  One of the only things her father left to her was a letter.  In it was a deed for a piece of property in Sunlit Tides.  Lucky for her… the dinghy was sold, netting her $1300 to survive on.  She immediately thought of buying a boat, sailing away and taking her revenge, but she knew she had to be careful.  Seamus wasn’t stupid.  Well, she’d show him…  And so it was that she and her only two companions, a duo of cats, stood on the edge of her new property in Sunlit Tides.

Oh, yes, her cats.  Osiris was one of the ship’s cats.  When Quianna was dumped onto the island, he followed her and has been with her ever since.  During their journey to Sunlit Tides, while they were traveling along the coast of Egypt, of all places, they found another cat in trouble.  Isis was so grateful for their help that she followed after the two of them.  And cats, being cats, did what cats do.  So Isis is actually expecting at this moment of arrival.

I can’t believe it!  Look at this!  I ain’t no landlubber!  But ‘ere I be, standing at the edge of this place.  At least it’s right here at the ocean.  The sea calls t’ me…  I miss the deck of the ship under me feet!  And ‘ere, $1300 doesn’t buy much a’tall!  I outfitted the place with what I could, fer now.  But it ain’t gonna last, that’s fer sure…

At this point, her entries stop for a few weeks as Quianna puts her time toward trying to earn a living the only way she knows how; snorkeling in the sea in order to find little trinkets and baubles for the tourists.  I’m sure she felt it was quite the step down from pirating, but a girl’s gotta do, what a girl’s gotta do.  This mostly left her feline friends up to their own devices as they awaited the birth of Isis’s litter.

Being stuck in Sunlit Tides for the foreseeable future, Quianna did go to City Hall to attempt to become a bit more… respectable.  She registered herself as a certified diver, hoping it would help get her some recognition, I think.  Her pride took quite a hit with the whole mutiny thing, it seems.  Luckily, she was a strong, persistent lady.

Argh!  I ‘ate goin’ ‘ome!  Or that poor excuse what passes fer ‘ome!  It consists of one wall with a bathroom stall on one side, with a mini fridge on the other.  All I ‘as is a sleeping bag to shield me from weather… and a poor shield it is in the rain and sun, not like the deck of a ship!

Gotta admit though, don’t get t’ see many rainbows out t’ sea.  If it weren’t fer that curr Seamus, I might ‘ave actually liked this place, if’n I ‘adn’t ‘ad to come an’ live ‘ere!

I’ve been bustin’ my butt, tryin’ to find things t’ sell.  ‘Aven’t ‘ad much luck lately, but I’m gettin’ burnt out.  I ‘ad seen some flyers fer some kind of Summer Festival and on a whim, I decided t’ go.

Quianna doesn’t mention this in her journal, but being the daughter of an infamous pirate didn’t really give her much of a childhood.  So getting to go to a festival and even as something as simple as eating a snowcone were an entirely new experience for her.  I’d like to imagine that, despite herself and her circumstances that she enjoyed it.

Her journal is a bit vague on the details of her next encounter, but suffice it to say that it was one that altered the course of her life… and those of her descendants.

I was just gettin’ ready t’ get back t’ the grind, when I ran into someone.  When I looked up, I couldn’t ‘elp the way me stomach did weird little backflips.  I ‘adn’t been seasick a day in me life, but it sure felt that way now.  I ‘ad never ‘ad issues talkin’ t’ men a’fore.  I was a Captain, fer Blarney’s sake!  And after that first little while, I didn’t ‘ave any more trouble.  Suddenly, several ‘ours ‘ad gone by afore I knew it!

She had actually spent so much time talking with him that she’d gotten quite a nasty sunburn!  I have it on good authority, from various bits of family lore, that it didn’t seem to bother her though.  She was thinking about a certain handsome gentleman to notice the discomfort.

I got back ‘ome and ‘ad quite a shock!  Isis had finally given birth!  She only had one little kitten wit’ ‘er.  I called the little one Bastet, after another of the Egyptian Gods.

This naming theme was very popular in the family, let me tell you…  There are records of the family pets as well and each of them was named for an Egyptian Deity.  It seemed appropriate seeing as at least one of the progenitors of that line was an Egyptian Mau and was from Egypt itself.

I can’t ‘andle this anymore!  Bein’ chained t’ the land just isn’t in me blood!  I-

I thought I should point out that her entry cuts off abruptly here for a bit, but then it continues.  And the tone changed quite dramatically, I think.

Well… I can’t believe I’m sayin’ this, but… I don’t think I’m gonna go anywhere fer awhile, at least.  Funniest thing just ‘appened…  ‘Ere I was, ready to leave it all, find the nearest boat, and just sail away.  But suddenly, there were red flashing lights!  Now, I’m a pirate… never been on good terms with the authorities.  Thought fer sure the island guarda got it into their ‘eads to question me about dear ol’ da.  Imagine my shock t’ see none other than the handsome fella I met at the Festival!  That’s right, Silas Allender ‘ad looked up my address at the City ‘All just so he could track me down… 

In all my years, never ‘as anyone gone to that kinda trouble.  I can’t ‘elp but just a tad tickled by that.  And ‘e’s a ‘andsome devil, ain’t he?  Even if he IS a lawman…

Isis and Osiris seem t’ like ‘im.  And if my cats like ‘im, who am I to argue mm?

Blarney!  ‘E even cleans!  Be still my ‘eart… 

I think it occurred to her that she had found herself quite a catch with Silas Allender.  From what I can gather, she tried to pass it off as being practical, but years later, it was obvious it was much more than just practically that had her using what feminine wiles she possessed to convince Mr. Allender that it would be a good idea for him to move in with her.

I truly wish that she had recorded the exchange, but somehow, she DID convince Silas to move in with her.  Despite her rather brash and abrupt manner, Quianna wasn’t without her charms and it was obvious that Silas was just as smitten with her as she was with him.  And so it was that they built what amounted to a little one room shack.  It was at this point that Quianna’s journal entries become a bit more cheerful, even hopeful.  The walls around her helped, I think, since in one entry she says that it reminded of her being aboard ship.  So, the Pirate Princess began her life in earnest in Sunlit Tides.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 1, 7/9/2013]
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 12:32:44 AM »
Chapter 2: Married Life has its Perks

I just can’t believe I’m livin’ with a man now… This isn’t me!  I swore I’d be be’olden t’ no man, answer t’ no one!  And yet… ‘ere I am…  livin’ with a man that not only cleans and loves me cats, but who cooks to boot!

Divin’ wasn’t makin’ us enough money, so I went and got me a job as a lifeguard.  Thought it’d at least keep me near the sea.  I was right on that, though it’s an ex’austin’ job.  I come ‘ome and can’t even make it int’ bed at times.

But one thing I know… Silas is always there t’ ‘elp me.  I uh… maybe I can get used t’ ‘avin’ the bloke around.

I have it on the best authority that she DID get used to having Silas around.  In fact, she even seemed to enjoy it, as her next entry proves.  I find it a bit sweet even that she was so flustered.

I can’t believe it… What ‘ave gone and done now?  Must ‘ave lost me bloomin’ mind, that’s what I’ve done!  I swear, I’m bewitched.  That’s the only explanation… ain’t it?  I mean, we were smoochin’ one minute, then talkin’… and suddenly I ‘ear myself say that since we’d been livin’ together and ‘ad been datin’ fer a while, might as well make it official-like…  Then I’m on my knees, askin’ the man t’ marry me!  I need my ‘ead examined, I tell ya!

Despite her protests, Quianna and Silas wasted no time in getting married.  Neither could afford a proper wedding, so they had a private ceremony, just the two of them.  From what I am told, and from what has been passed down in the family lore, it was as romantic a ceremony as any to have happened underneath an arch.  The two looked into each other’s eyes and pledged themselves to one another for as long as they both lived.

Still can’t believe that I went and got meself ‘itched…  I mean… just never thought it woulda ‘appened.  Even before that slimy blackguard Semus did what ‘e did.  Still… married life ‘as it’s perks, lemme tell you!

And isn’t my man a right ‘andsome devil?  ‘E thought that since ‘e was married t’ the “Pirate Queen” (‘is words, not mine), ‘e should dress the part.  I ‘as t’ say, ‘e pulls off the pirate look better n’ most I’ve seen.  ‘E puts that durned Semus t’ shame, ‘e does.

Never thought I’d say this… but I’ve actually gone an’ done it… I fell in love.  Not sure ‘ow ‘e did it, but Silas ‘as wormed ‘is way int’ me ‘eart.  And as the days and weeks go by, me thoughts are filled wit’ ‘im more and more.  Maybe I’ve put my past be’ind me.  Though when I told Silas that, ‘e got quiet and told me that I ‘ad a right t’ what was taken from me.  ‘E thinks there might be somethin’ we can do, though… I don’t know.  ‘E’s a guarda.  We’ll see what ‘appens.  I didn’t count on Silas in me life at all.  I don’t know what the future ‘olds anymore.  Maybe I’ll return t’ sea, if’n Silas will go with me.

Silas and I finally made enough money t’ add on t’ our little ‘ut ‘ere.  Mostly just put in a separate bedroom fer us, which is nice.  We’ll add t’ it as we go.

I’ve been sick an awful lot lately.  I ‘aven’t been like this since the day me da and I got caught in a gale that lasted fer two days and I was seasick the entire time.  Silas thinks I should take the next couple of days off; thinks I’ve been workin’ meself too ‘ard.  Maybe ‘e’s right.

Quianna’s journal entries were pretty sporadic during this period, mainly because she and Silas were just working toward being able to afford a decent living.  I did come across some family pictures though; this one is of Bastet with her daddy Osiris.  It is very apparent that the cats were just as much a part of the family as Quianna and Silas.

Here’s another photo of Osiris exploring under the couch.  Apparently, he liked waiting for unsuspecting ankles to wander across his path.

Who doesn’t love cute little kittens?  And Bastet is sure a cutie.  Silas took this picture of Quianna giving the little one a treat.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 2, 7/15/2013]
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 01:57:17 AM »
Chapter 3: Could Quianna be Going Soft?

The cats're at it again.  They like t' tussle then Isis gets other ideas.  Me thinks me lil mate Osiris don't know what 'e's got 'imself int' with this one...  we'll pro'lly 'ave a litter runnin' around soon if'n Isis 'as 'er way.

I've been takin' odd jobs around the town lately; I don't like this bein' poor stuff... just another thing I can thank that no-good, rotten, son of a goat Semus fer.  Anyway, 'nuff about that sea dog.  I took a job as a bouncer at the local theater.  They pay well... even though I was emptyin' my belly in the bathroom more often n'  'ot.  It was bad enough that the owner called a medic!  Imagine... me, needin' a doctor...

Here, her journal devolves into a bit of panicking blather.  According to records, the doctor gave Quianna an earful, saying a pregnant woman had no business being a bouncer and that she should be home, resting and taking care of this baby while her man took care of her.  I believe she was too flabbergasted by the news to resent the implications that she was a 'simple woman'  and that she needed a man to care for her.  If she hadn't been distracted, I strongly believe the doctor would have needed medical attention himself.

Again, her journal is a bit vague here but it seems that Silas had at least suspected his wife's pregnancy and rather than frighten her, he suggested the time off.  He was a smart man and knew his wife, it seems but it is clear he very much anticipated the birth of their child with great enthusiasm.

Me cravings ‘ave been odd lately.  I’ve never been one fer watermelons, but I can’t get enough of ‘em lately.  Think that’s why I’m gettin’ so big.  Need t’ slow down on the food, but it’s so ‘ard!  And I think Silas gets bit scared of me when I ‘aven’t eaten…  ‘E makes sure to keep the fridge fully stocked.

I use the cats as a distraction when I’m so ‘ungry but I think I’ve ‘ad enough.  It’s very cute watchin’ Bastet tackle her Mum.

Of course, I gotta love the little kitten, too.  As I ‘old ‘er, I can’t ‘elp but get a lil teary-eyed… must be the pregnancy ‘ormones, at least that’s what Silas says.

While hormones probably had a lot to do with it, it is also a fact that for the several months that Quianna was marooned on that island, the cats were her only companions so she is very fond of them; her journal is full of shots and segments about her cats; she passes this love of cats on through the generations.  Knowing that these cats helped his wife through the difficult times, a man who was never really a pet-man has taken these animals in and made them his as much as they are Quianna’s.

Me thinks it’s Isis’s turn to play… Lookout Osiris!  Heh, the poor thing is tired, but Isis ‘as a lot of energy…

Silas seems so ready t’ be a father.  ‘E can’t seem t’ get enough of talkin’ t’ me belly and rubbin’ it.  ‘E keeps thankin’ me fer givin’ ‘im this child.  There go those tears again…

I never thought I’d be a mother, truth be told… With me own child’ood, just never thought of ‘avin’ me own.  But I feel the life inside me and I can’t ‘elp but feel that it was meant t’ be, that I was meant t’ be ‘ere with Silas and this baby.  Mama and Papa are waitin’ fer ya, lil one.

Silas wanted t’ get a picture of me pregnant, but ‘e knew that maybe I’m a bit self-conscious, so ‘e wait to kiss me before snappin’ the photo… smart devil, ‘e is.

*shakes head* Gotta be the ‘ormones, but I keep watchin’ Kidz TV durin’ the day when Silas is off at work.  Then, when ‘e gets ‘ome, ‘e’ll often sit down wit’ me t’ watch.  I feel bad that ‘e’s the only one makin’ the money; even though I get maternity pay, it’s still not enough t’ live on.  ‘Opefully when I return t’ work, I can get a promotion and a raise.

Do wish me back would stop achin’ all the time.  Silas does what ‘e can when ‘e’s ‘ome, but all the waddlin’ is takin’ it’s toll.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 3, 7/21/2013]
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 04:00:58 PM »
Chapter 4: Life is Full of Surprises

I feel like a beached whale these days.  Me back is always ‘urtin’.  Silas does whatever ‘e can t’ ‘elp me out.  ‘Is massages are great and they ‘elp t’ ease the pain fer a time.  I’m about ready fer this t’ be done.  I wanna ‘old me baby in me arms.

I’m feelin’ like such a fool; but I ‘ate it when Silas gets called int’ work at all hours of the night.  Look at me, actin’ like a brainless female.  But I’ve gotten so I’m used t’ ‘avin’ ‘im there.  Osiris must know ‘ow I feel cause ‘e’s taken t’ sleepin’ wit’ me when Silas ‘as t’ leave. 

When ‘e’s not sleepin’ wit’ me, the little bugger curls up on the kitchen counter with Isis and takes a nap.  Oh, the life of a cat.  ‘Course, not all sleepin’ and eatin’.  Isis ‘as a ‘abit of sharpenin’ ‘er claws on the couch.  Silas doesn’t take too kindly to that…

Life sure knows ‘ow t’ surprise ya…  I’d gone t’ lay down in the middle of the day; I’d been needin’ t’ do that more an’ more as time went on.  I ‘ad just about fallen asleep when a pain like nothin’ I’d ever felt before spread through me stomach.  Me first thought was that somethin’ was wrong with baby.  I got out of bed, screamin’ fer Silas.  Next thing I know… water’s runnin’ down me leg.  I was in labor!  Despite Silas’s dangerous career, and ‘ow ‘e always seems t’ ‘ave a good ‘ead on ‘is shoulders… well, he panicked a bit when he realized I was ‘avin’ the baby right there.  Eventually, ‘e calmed down and remembered t’ tell me t’ breath, but I could see it in ‘is eyes that ‘e didn’t like watchin’ me in such pain.

I musta pushed fer ‘ours.  Finally, me and Silas’s daughter was born.  This is Teuta Agana.

‘Er sister… yes, ‘er sister… Apparently, I ‘ad been pregnant wit’ twins and ‘ad never known it!  Anyway, Rusila Agana followed a lil bit later.

Until Silas and I can get enough money t’ add ont’ the ‘ouse, the girls share our room.  It’s also easier t’ take care of ‘em, though makes fer some sleepless nights…

At the risk of soundin’ like a sap, it’s a beautiful sight t’ watch Silas ‘oldin’ his lil girls.  I can see the wonder in ‘is eyes when he ‘olds ‘em close.  ‘E’s a lil awed, a lil nervous when ‘e ‘olds ‘em, like ‘e can’t get used t’ somethin’ so small.  But then ‘e smiles at me and I smile back. 

This is a portion of a letter that Silas wrote to his partner shortly after his daughters’ birth:

“It’s hard to believe…  All I ever wanted to do was become a police officer, to make it to the top.  That first day, when I graduated from the academy, never thought there’d be anything that I wanted more.  Then I held my little girls for the first time…  I can’t even really describe it.  It’s hard to describe a miracle.”

Family lore talks about the patriarch of this family as a man who knew what he wanted.  He loved his family and worked hard all his life to provide for them.  He made sure that he and Quianna took turns with the kids, even when he had to work more than she did.

Got a weird package in the mail today… these two dolls were sent to the ‘ouse fer the girls.  Supposedly from some Great Aunt or other… I don’t ‘ave a great Aunt, and neither does Silas.  I ‘ave my suspicions though… not real ‘appy about it, t’ be ‘onest.  Me sire may ‘ave been one ‘eck of a pirate, but as a father, ‘e was lackin’.  But the girls seem t’ like ther dolls, so we’ll keep ‘em.

Silas and I finally managed t’ save up enough money t’ build onto the ‘ouse.  We ‘as a second story now, which is where the girls’ room is gonna be.  Place is finally startin’ t’ look like a ‘ouse, and not just a lil ‘ut.  Ther’s not much up there right now, not until we get more money.

Silas often gets up in the middle of the night, needin’ t’ check on the girls.  ‘E’ll go to their cribs an’ touch each of their lil ‘eads, then he joins me back in bed.  ‘E’s not ‘ome as much as I’d like, or as ‘e would.  But ‘e’s only three promotions away from the top of his career and his Lifetime Wish.  I worry fer ‘im.  ‘E’s doin’ a lot of undercover work that ‘e can’t talk about.  But ‘e’s a smart man and knows what ‘e’s doin’.  Plus, ‘e’s got me and girls t’ come ‘ome, so ‘e doesn’t take foolish chances, not if’n ‘e can ‘elp it.

This is ‘ard fer me t’ admit, but I was wrong… I thought the next step of me life, after being marooned on that deserted island was t’ find me a new ship and go after that dog, Semus.  But instead, I ended up ‘ere on Sunlit Tides, and now I ‘ave the most precious lil girls one could ask fer, a ‘usband that loves me- and them- more than anything.  I’m ‘appy.  I may not be a Captain of me own ship at sea, but I’m a Captain of a different kind of ship ‘ere.  I don’t need t’ be a pirate t’ leave a legacy.  Me legacy is those two girls.  And that’s somethin’ that’s worth more than a pirate’s booty.

Quianna often included random shots of the cats and other incidents that happened without much explanation.  I’ve decided to keep these in here and just supply some of the explanations myself.

This first one, little Bastet aged up.  From Quianna’s description, she was quite pleased what a mix of her parents Bastet ended up being.  And she’s a lot like her mother, loving to pounce and to play a bit rough.  And just like her mother, her favorite target is Osiris.

Apparently, they had a bit of a kitchen fire at one point, when the stove was left on.  But both Silas and Quianna kept a cool head and were able to put it out fairly quickly before much else was damaged.

Oh my, it appears that Isis was pregnant again, though no one realized it.  Here she is giving birth.  Ma’at and Hathor are almost clones of their mother.  But with two babies to take care of, Quianna and Silas, unfortunately had to give the two little ones up for adoption to a good home.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 4, 7/21/2013]
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
Chapter 5: Running Ragged

Not sure when the last time Silas or I've gotten more'n an 'our of sleep since the twins were born.  Even takin' turns, we're both always exhausted.

To supplement our income (I still be on maternity leave), Silas is takin' on a few odd jobs as well like repairin' a stereo fer 'is partner.

We've 'ad a lot of rain the past few weeks.  Between that and carin' fer two babies, I'm goin' a bit stir crazy.  But I take the rare moments of peace t' catch up on the news.  Not sure what I be lookin' fer but I keep an ear out fer word o'er the man who sired me.

Today, we celebrated our girls' toddler birthday!  Can't believe 'ow fast the time goes.  Ain't they just beautiful?

Me girls are so bright.  They take t' their toddler skills, like walkin', talkin', and learnin' t' use the head in stride.  The two are quite a pair and are the light of me and their daddy's life.

Tea and Sila love those dolls they were given... guess their granda should be good fer somethin' eh?

Aside from lookin' after our babies, 'ad t' take care of our mangy beasts too.  The three cats 'ave been outside a lot lately an' got fleas so they all needed a bath.

Osiris 'as gotten t' be quite the lil 'unter, 'e 'as.  'Ere 'e is stalkin' a wee lil lizard.  'E caught it and brought it to us as an offerin'.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 5, 7/21/2013]
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
Man, those are some identical twins!  Your line up there, I still be on maternity leave, is cracking me right up!  I can hear the Arrr at the end of it,  ;D
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 5, 7/21/2013]
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »
Man, those are some identical twins!  Your line up there, I still be on maternity leave, is cracking me right up!  I can hear the Arrr at the end of it,  ;D

Yes, yes they are XD.  lol, thanks.  I'm trying not to go real heavy on the pirate talk, but still keep it somewhat authentic.

Chapter 6: Snow Flake Day, and Birthdays

This was a picture that was just left among the papers of the Agana family when I went to go through them.   I thought about excluding it, but since the cats really were such a part of the family, it seems wrong too.  This is Osiris grooming his daughter.

Isis goes to investigate Rusila, curious about this miniature little person.

Silas ‘as gotten a new contraption, somethin’ t’ ‘elp ‘im with ‘is job.  I worry a bit… there’s often some explosions comin’ from our bedroom when ‘e’s workin’…  Gotta admit, ‘e looks good in that lab coat.  In fact, believe I might go and tell ‘im so.

The girls are already gettin’ so big.  Silas and I work wit’ ‘em on their skills as soon as we can.  Both are so smart!  That’s me girls!

I returned t’ work as well.  Never imagined ‘ow ‘ard it would be t’ leave my babies…  I don’t ‘ave time t’ dwell on it much though; the beaches are busy and people need savin’.

Me girls love those dolls that came in the mail.  They play wit ‘em all the time. 

In all the craziness of dealin’ with our girls and workin’ as much as we can, we all kinda forgot about Silas’s birthday.  Me thinks ‘e was a bit relieved that ‘e aged up by himself and didn’t come out to me until after he’d fixed ‘is ‘air and wardrobe.  I don’t care about a few wrinkles.  ‘E’s still the man I married and I love ‘im all the more every day.

We celebrated our first Snow Flake day together, invitin’ a few friends that Silas works wit’ and a few I knew from town.  It was a good time.

That same night, the girls aged up!  Most of the party guests ‘ad already left by then, but the girls still ‘ad a good time.

Still can’t get over the fact that these girls came from me.  They’re just so beautiful.  ‘Ere’s Teuta.  I’m excited that she’s got me love of the sea and she even chose t’ dress like ‘er mama.

Me girl Rusila is just as gorgeous as ‘er sister, but she’s not as enamored of the sea like me an’ Teuta.  Not sure quite ‘ow t’ feel about that, though.  I know she’s a talented lil thing.  Guess she’s not destined fer the sea.

We outfitted the girls’ room.  They’ll share one fer now.

I must admit, even hearing the family legends, I was very surprised to find the proof in the collection of papers.  It seems that Teuta and Rusila had a secret.  Their dolls were not normal dolls.  Included with them were messages.  Messages that Quianna or her husband never saw.  The dolls were indeed sent by their grandfather, Captain Blood so that he could keep an eye on his only daughter and her family.

I won’t spoil the surprise; I will let those reading discover things just as I did.  The girls named them Roche (Teuta’s doll) and Morgan (Rusila’s).

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 6, 7/26/2013]
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 07:14:58 AM »
I really like how you're going back and forth between Quianna and the lawyer, makes it very interesting!  And Silas is still lookin' good!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 12:11:34 PM »
Hah, this is glorious! Loving Quiana's voice and the framing device of the lawyer's comments. Do keep the chapters coming :D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 01:15:52 AM »
Chapter 7: New Additions for the House and the Family

Silas ‘ung up some ‘oliday lights.  The girls insisted and ther daddy couldn’t resist ‘em, ‘specially when they give ‘im the puppy dog eyes.  Looks good, me thinks.  It’s funny.  I never ‘ad ‘oliday lights, growin’ up.  I like it.

Arrr!  I’m really thinkin’ t’ keep the cats indoors fer a while.  They got fleas again an’ none o’ ‘em like baths.  ‘Ad to coax Bastet t’ me fer a cuddle afore I could get ‘er int’ the tub.  And o’ course, I got fleas!  But at least they’re gone fer now.

The snow’s finally settled down so now the girls get t’ go fer their first day of school.  The ‘ouse is just too quiet without them runnin’ around.  Never thought I’d see the day that I’d miss all the chaos…

The nerve o’ some people!  I may be a pirate, but at least I ne’er poached!  When I tell ya no, take it fer an answer!  Don’t keep callin’ me fer dates and then come t’ me work and try t’ see if’n me answer’s changed! 

Quianna’s memoirs devolve into even more of the same, so it isn’t necessary to repeat it.  It is rather telling, though that she didn’t at least slap the man silly for his effrontery.  Some would say this was her softening up; I prefer to think of it as her maturing, of her settling into her life and being not just content, but truly happy.

Me lil one Rusila is always bringin’ ‘ome new pets or rescuin’ the poor critters from the cats.  Most girls ‘er age would shriek and run away from a lil snake like this.  Not me Rusila.  She may not be a pirate, but she’s findin’ ‘er way.

Speakin’ of the cats… we adopted another one this mornin’.  The shelter called.  They knew we were thinkin’ of breeding our Bastet with another kitty and they said they ‘ad a ‘andsome lil devil.  Well, we saw ‘im and couldn’t resist.  We named ‘im Thoth.  ‘E was a ‘it with Bastet.  They sure do get right along.  Bastet takes after ‘er mother and likes to ambush Thoth whenever she can.  At least ‘e gives as good as ‘e gets.  This keeps up, afore long, we’re gonna ‘ave some more kittens runnin’ around.

Me adult birthday ‘it today.  With everythin’ goin’ on, I didn’t even think about it.  Aged up all by meself, while takin’ out the trash.  Suppose that’s as good a place as any and maybe it’s fittin’ considerin’ who I be.  I don’t ‘ave a mid-life crisis, I swear.  Not worried about wrinkles or any of that such nonsense.  Just been thinkin’.  I’m a pirate, yet I ain’t been to sea in years.  And I find I don’t miss it as much as I once did.  Tis true, the sea will always be a part of me, but I realize now that it be a part of me kids, me girls now too.  And I’m alright with that.  I’m alright with the fact that I prally won’t return t’ the sea in this life.

Ain’t that a kick in the teeth… me and Silas been worryin’ about money a bit lately.  We’ve both thought about gettin’ second jobs, each of us, though it’d mean less time with the girls.  A few days later, an envelope arrived in the mail.  I knew right away, soon as I laid eyes on it, ‘oo it came from… The blood red skull an’ crossbones on it gave it away.  In the envelope was a mass of simoleans.  I don’t know whether t’ be furious wit’ ‘im or be grateful… A bit of both, me guess.  I took it, fer me children and me ‘usband.  So Silas would be able t’ enjoy ‘imself, concentrate on ‘is work like ‘e wants to.

We used the money t’ make changes t’ the ‘ouse, give the girls the room they ‘ad wanted as well as to buy thing fer the furry members of our crazy family..  The kitty condo was a ‘it fer all involved, me thinks.  And it sure beats ‘avin’ t’ buy a new scratchin’ post every few days, the way these cats go through ‘em.

*scratching her head*  Well, I’m not sure what t’ do.  It’s a fact that I never ‘ad a real child’ood.  And I’m not complainin’.  Not at all.  Just wish I knew what t’ do wit’ this…  Me girls are talkin’ t’ the air, ‘avin’ pillow fights wit’ nothin’!  They run around outside… no one else around.  Not sure what t’ do.  I suppose this is normal, right?

Poor Quianna… she really was out of her element here.  Though a pirate and a superstitious one at that, she never believed in something unless she could actually see it or touch it.  She was hoping that her girls would grow out of this phase, that it was normal.  As much as she had learned already, she was still quite the novice at parenting, at living in the world.

Ack!  I not know what’s ‘appenin’ around ‘ere!  There I was, just in the kitchen.  The cats ‘ad made a bit of a mess.  I was gonna’ take care o’ it, but then a mop seemed t’ appear outta nowhere!  And the spot mopped itself up!  M-maybe I need t’ take a break.  Just relax a bit… stress must be makin’ me see things…

Silas told me that I shouldn’t worry; that all children ‘ave active imaginations.  I might’n believe ‘im… if ‘e didn’t ‘ave that look in ‘is eye.  A look that said ‘e knew more than ‘e was sayin’…  Later on, I saw ‘im givin’ the girls gifts and ‘eard ‘im tell ‘em that they’d know when the time was right t’ use ‘em…  Just what is goin’ on ‘ere?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 7, 8/2/2013]
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »
I love this!  The girls are the most similar looking in-game twins I've ever seen.  I'm wondering if they learned to speak like normal folk or if they sound like their mother.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 7, 8/2/2013]
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »
I love this!  The girls are the most similar looking in-game twins I've ever seen.  I'm wondering if they learned to speak like normal folk or if they sound like their mother.

*nods* Yeah, I've never had a pair of twins look so identical before.  I was actually really excited when I saw that lol.  Hehehe, take a look and find out ^^

Chapter 8: Family Updates

Among the Agana papers, there were a number of pictures without any commentary.  They consisted mostly of fond memories that Quianna had from her children and their pets.  I will give a brief synopsis, but most often, the pictures speak for themselves.

It appears that Thoth and Bastet are still getting to know one another, as cats do.

The matriarch of the cat clan has become an elder.

Oh, I feel like I’m a terr’ble mother!  It was the girl’s birthday today… an’ Silas an’ I just plum forgot… The girls didn’t seem t’ mind much, but still… We’ll ‘ave t’ make it up t’ ‘em… somehow…

Gotta say, me girls are beautiful.  And though they look almost identical, they ‘ave their own unique styles.  Me Teuta prefers comfort and practical clothing; style and fashion aren’t ‘er concern.

Rusila, on the other ‘and, loves t’ show off and is always vera aware of ‘er appearance.

Of course, unbeknownst to Quianna, the twin’s companions also aged up.  Quianna still prefers to think of them as her daughters’ imaginary friends.

Me girls do their homework together; sitting back to back, one’ll talk out the side o’ ‘er mouth to get the answer to one question, then they switch off.  It’s actually kinda cute, the way they think me and their da don’t know what they be doin’.  We jus’ turn a blind eye.

Time just keeps on passin’.  Lately, me and Silas ‘ave been tryin’ t’ spend as much time as possible with one another, even if it’s just bein’ in the same room, workin’ on our own things.  The danger of lovin’ someone older n’ yerself… the inevitable will come.  Time stops fer no man.  Though I wish it would, fer me and my ‘usband.  ‘E’s the only man that I’ve ever loved… me da was too busy t’ really be there fer me.  ‘Cause of ‘im, I always ‘ad a poor opinion of men.  But Silas changed that.  I don’t know what I’ll do when… when ‘e leaves me.  I almost wish I could go wit’ ‘im.

It’s rare, in her earlier journals, for Quianna to make such personal obversations.  Even when writing in her own diary, she was a pretty private person, though she does get a bit more introspective as time goes on.

Me job is still about the same; savin’ lives when I can… though more often n’ not, me thinks that some of these Sims jus’ like the attention.  *shrug*  Oh well, still get paid.

The patriarch of their furry family members followed his mate and became an elder.  Just in time too, because a little while later, their daughter Bastet made them grandsires.  She gave birth to a single kitten that the family dubbed Sekhmet.  The kitten and her father are very close; and it appears she has gotten the family trait of wanting to tackle everyone and everything.

Quianna’s children didn’t begin to keep journals until their teen years and even then, it was sporadic, mostly dealing with momentous events, such as the following excerpt taken from Teuta Agana’s diary.

“I’ve been fighting with this for a while, but I finally feel that it’s the right time.  When Da gave me that lil gift of ‘is, ‘e told me I’d know when t’ use it.  So I opened it up and found a large beaker.  Da told me t’ give it to Roche, so that’s what I did.  I know me Mum thought me and Rus was crazy.  But this is proof we weren’t. 

When ‘e took the bottle, he tipped it back and drank it down.  There was a grimace on his face; must not ‘ave tasted so good, but he drank it down.  Suddenly, there was all this light and swirlin’ colors.  Then Roche stood before me.  I mean REALLY stood before me.  He was a real Sim!  I mean, he was always real, t’ me.  But now, ‘e would be real t’ everyone else too!”

That’s right, Roche was no longer an imaginary friend.  He had been given life, true life, as had been intended all along.  By whom, and why, well, that’s all part of the mystery surrounding the Agana family.

This next one is an excerpt from Rusila Agana’s diary.

“Teuta told me that she’s going to do it today.  She asked me if I wanted to do it, too, but I told her no.  I don’t know… something is keeping me from doing it.  Neither Morgan or I are ready for it, I don’t think.  I’ll know.  That’s what Daddy said, anyway.  He said I’ll know when the time’s right.  And when I talked to Morgan about it, he agreed.  We’ll see.  It’s nice to see Teu running around with Roche.  Not sure if mom and dad know quite how to deal with HOW close…  I see dad grinding his teeth at times.  It’s not that he doesn’t like Roche because he does.  He’s always saying how good a kid he is; I mean, the guy does chores all the time and you can see he genuinely loves Teuta.  I mean, they’ve been best friends for ages.  And now they want something more.  But he’s still our dad and he gets protective.  Mom shoos him away though.  It’s really cute, to watch the two of them. 

I really can’t wait until it’s Morgan and mine’s turn.  But we will, we want to make sure the timing is right.”

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 8, 8/14/2013]
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »
Woah roche has a really unique haircolour! I love it, wonder if their children will get that haircolour too...

Awesome story btw! I love the accent you write! Isn't it tiring to keep writing like that?
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy