Author Topic: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 12, 9/27/2013]  (Read 9828 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 8, 8/14/2013]
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:18 PM »
Woah roche has a really unique haircolour! I love it, wonder if their children will get that haircolour too...

Awesome story btw! I love the accent you write! Isn't it tiring to keep writing like that?

Most IF's have some crazy hair colors, which is why I love them hehehe.  You'll have to wait and see *grin*

Thanks!  No, actually.  I love writing in accents.  I write on another forum and have several characters that have accents.  It can be a challenge at times, but never tiring ^^

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 8, 8/14/2013]
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »
Chapter 9: Having to Say Goodbye Too Soon

Now that there be a new family member… we added onto the girls’ room.  Mostly just bought a set of bunk beds so Roche ‘as a place t’ sleep.  Gotta say, still can’t quite wrap me ‘ead around it.  I know me da ‘ad somethin’ t’ do wit’ this, but I’m not sure ‘ow ‘e was able t’ do this.  Just doesn’t seem possible.  Then again, young Roche be standin’ right in front o’ me, an’ I know me eyes still be workin’ so it IS possible.  Just ‘aven’t worked out ‘OW yet…

Another excerpt from Rusila’s diary

“Morgan and I keep talking about the day that I get to give him the potion, the potion that will make him real, just like Teuta gave to Roche.  It’s almost time, I can feel it…  Just a little while longer.  Oh, I hope I can wait.  I don’t want to mess things up!”

Me girls ‘ad their prom t’night.  Though Rusila went stag, they all ‘ad a wonderful time.  Roche and Teuta were the talk of the school and came ‘ome as King an’ Queen.  If’n there ‘ad been another spot for Queen, I think it woulda been Rusila; according t’ Teuta, she tore up the dance floor and ‘ad all the young bucks after ‘er.  Silas looked a bit perturbed wit’ this, but ‘e didna say anything.  ‘E just smiled and said ‘e was glad they ‘ad a good time.  I’m so proud o’ me kids!

Lil Sehkmet is no longer so lil.  She’s a right adult now, she is, big as ‘er parents.  She’s a real beauty, ain’t she?

‘er Mam, Bastet is an elder now, too.  Still, ‘asn’t lost any energy.  Bastet still loves t’ tackle ‘er beau, Thoth on a regular basis.

I look back on me life an’ sometimes still can’t quite believe what twists an’ turns it’s taken.  Silas bein’ the most unbelievable… and yet, ‘e is one of the single greatest things in me life.  Before Silas, me opinion on men in general was less than flatterin’.  Me da’ ‘ad been lil more than a name t’ me.  Some o’ the men on me crew were alright… then the mutiny.  Silas ‘elped me t’ see that not only were there good men, but that… I deserved t’ be loved.  That was the ‘ardest part.  I didn’t even know ‘ow bad it was, until I realized that Silas actually loved me.  We’ve been married almost 20 years now.  And though he’s quite a bit older, our love ‘as only grown.

Fer our anniversary, we went to the Summer Festival.  It ‘olds a special place in our ‘earts, since it’s where we first laid eyes on each other all those years ago.  We went skatin’ just like we did then.  We still got it, we do.  *winks*

We were ‘avin’ a great time, but me Silas sometimes forgets ‘e isn’t as young as ‘e once was.  The ‘eat was terrible
Silas is no longer a young man and the heat soon got to him; he collapsed at me very feet!  I was scared, that ain’t a lie.  But I fell back on me lifeguard training.  And ‘e wasn’t out long.  But still… gave me own ‘eart a fright.  Despite ‘is loud protests, I bundled ‘im ‘ome.

‘Is darned beeper went off a couple ‘ours after we got ‘ome.  I told ‘im ‘e needed rest, but ‘e just smiled at me and ran out the door.  I know ‘is work’s important, I know that.  But… it’s ‘ard enough not knowin’ what ‘e’s doin’ or when ‘e might be ‘ome.  And after today… ‘e scared me.

Family lore states that our Pirate Queen went to bed, though she didn’t actually sleep.  She lay awake, waiting for the sound of the door opening, meaning her husband had come home.  When he went out on these secret assignments of his, there was no telling when he would return.  However, on this occasion, he returned home after only a few hours.  He stood, watching his wife for a few moments, then slid into bed.  He held her close and murmured her name and how much he loved her.

Quianna’s journal ends for quite a while at this point, for reasons that will be very apparent shortly.

This is a segment from Teuta Agana’s journal.

“I-I can barely write.  D-da… I-I can’t even seem to keep my thoughts together… Sila, Roche, and I were still up, just kinda ‘anging out upstairs.  I’d gone downstairs to grab a drink.  Mum and Da ‘ad left the door open a bit and I could ‘ear my dad’s voice.  He sounded… off.  A little off.  There was a… catch in ‘is voice.  ‘e was telling my mum ‘ow much ‘e loved her, ‘ow much ‘e loved his family…  I-I was smiling.  My da got sentimental sometimes.  Figured ‘e was just gettin’ sentimental again.  I ‘ad grabbed my drink and was ‘eadin’ back upstairs when I ‘eard the most Watcher-awful shriek…  It was my mum.  I ran into the room.  S-saw me da.  ‘E-‘e was… ‘e ‘ad fallen to the ground and-and was just… layin’ there…  My mum… she dropped down beside ‘im, was tryin’ t’ give ‘im CPR.  B-but I knew…  I-I could see ‘im… see my dad.  ‘E… well, ‘is spirit was ‘overin’ over the two of them.  ‘E-‘e looked so sad, looked at ‘ow my mother wailed.  “Teuta,” ‘e whispered to me.  “Help your mother.  I’m sorry.  But I have to go now.  It’s my time.  I love you all.”  And with that… my da was just… gone.

I ‘ad to pull my mum away, ‘ad to tell ‘er that it was too late.  She fought…  she fought me.  But then she just… crumpled. I ‘eld onto ‘er, just ‘eld ‘er as we both cried.  Da… Da was 92.  I-I don’t know ‘ow we’re supposed t’ get through this…”

The Agana household became a place of tears and grief for many months after the passing of Silas.  Neighbors swear that they heard the keening of the people, as well as that of the feline family members for weeks afterward.  No one left the house; Quianna called off work and even the girls and Roche remained home from school.

This is an excerpt from Rusila Agana’s journal.

“Can’t believe that dad’s gone…  I wake up crying most mornings because I keep dreaming that he’s still there with us…  I feel like I’ll go mad…  I had forgotten about Morgan for the first few days.  I just… was numb.  But I need someone.  I need to be held.  So I gave Morgan the serum, not caring if it was the right time or not.  I think it was, but… I just need someone.  And… and once the serum takes effect, and the colors swirl around… there he is.  There’s my Morgan!  He can never replace my dad, no one can.  But it’s so good to see him!  And then… then I just dissolved into tears.  He pulled me into his arms and just held me…  I miss my dad.  I really do.  But Morgan helps.

“Whenever I need him, he’s always just… there.”

The period of grieving for the family lasted quite a while.  Teuta, her sister, Roche, and Morgan went back to school and Quianna returned to work.  But there was always something missing afterwards.  However, time moves on, as all of us mortals know.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 9, 8/30/2013]
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 04:00:54 AM »
Oh no! RIP Silas. But on a happier note, Sehkmet is a much prettier cat than I usually get out of the kitties I breed in my games. Is there going to be a Nephthys further down the line?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »
Aw.  Bye Bye, Da. 

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 02:37:35 AM »
Aw, RIP, Silas...

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 01:38:38 AM »
Oh no! RIP Silas. But on a happier note, Sehkmet is a much prettier cat than I usually get out of the kitties I breed in my games. Is there going to be a Nephthys further down the line?

Aw.  Bye Bye, Da. 

Aw, RIP, Silas...

*sniff sniff* I hate losing the spouses, particularly the founding spouse.  Always makes me sad.  With those two, every time I turned my attention to other things, they were autonomously "extremely irresistible" to each other and were constantly popping wishes for one another.  That makes it worse, I think.

Ok, if anyone's interested, I updated the first post with traits for the family.  Gonna add some pet info as well.

Chapter 10: Time Stands Still for No Sim

After the death of the family patriarch, the Aganas moved through life in a bit of a haze for a while.  Quianna Agana no longer wrote in her journal.  Anything from this period was passed through word of mouth, or from the journals of Teuta or Rusila.  Their husbands also kept journals, but they were sporadic.  I believe they more acted as… reports for a certain someone.

It seems that Rusila was the first to begin coming out of the haze; the next documentation comes from her journal.

It just seems so unreal that dad is gone… out of anyone, he and I were closest, I think.  Mom and Teuta had more to talk about together.  Dad and I… we just clicked.  He always was just so… smart.  And he was good with people.  I think I’d have gone mad by now, mad with grief if it weren’t for Morgan.  He steadies me.  I’ll always miss dad, I know that.  But Morgan makes it bearable.  He’s just always there for me… has been there since I was a toddler.  I don’t know how I would have survived this without him.

My sister has taken up chess.  I think she uses it to keep her mind off dad.  Roche is there for her too, but though her and I are twins, we are very different.  She deals with things differently than I do.  She doesn’t really lean on anyone, not even Roche, not until she’s dealt with things herself.  It’s just how she is.

My sister and I are pretty lucky.  Roche knows Teuta, and knows her well.  He gives her all the space she needs.  She knows he’ll be there waiting when she needs him.  In the meantime, he’s taken up painting.  He’s gettin’ better at it, too.

Even the cats need consolation at this time.  Isis and Osiris were both pretty tight with dad too.  It’s good that they have each other.

Mom… poor mom.  She’s… we’re all worried about her.  She gets up, goes to work, cooks dinner… but Teuta and I know she’s just going through the motions.  She hasn’t smiled in months.  We hope she just needs time…  She loved dad, we know that.  Losing him has just about leveled her.  I understand, I do.  I just… I want my mom back.  It’s like we lost both of them, in a way.  Teuta says just to give her more time.  I hope she’s right…

Seems so weird, but all of us- me, Teuta, Roche, and Morgan- all celebrated our young adult birthdays together today.  We had cake, but it was a private party, just for the family.  Mom cheered for us but we could tell her heart wasn’t in it.  At least that’s something though.

We all took a trip to the dresser and to the dresser.  Here we are after we all were made presentable.

First up, my sister Teuta.  Though she takes after our mother most of all, and she really does embrace the pirate legacy mom left us with, she has her own specific style.

Roche feels the need to act the part of the spouse of the newest “Pirate Queen” and chose a style that would suit that role.  He looks pretty good, though I don’t think he’s as handsome as my Morgan.  I might be biased, of course, though…

Me, I’m as sexy as ever.  *winks*  I think I look pretty darn good, actually.  I’m not vain, but I know I look good, so why shouldn’t I show it off a bit?  I have it on good authority that Morgan definitely likes my new look.

Morgan isn’t a fashion plate; I think he’s even more handsome because of it.  How many guys can pull off this kind of look, one that they didn’t really spend any time on? 

Morgan didn’t waste any time once they became adults.  He recorded the next event in a letter to an as-yet, undisclosed individual:

“My hands were sweating the entire time.  I took Rusila to the nearby park toward sunset.  It was chilly out, considering it was the end of fall; winter would be here soon.  Sorry, I’m babbling.  Still can’t quite remember it’s real…  Hard to believe, for me anyway.  So, I took her to the park, just watched the horizon for a bit.  We were standing on the little bridge they have there.  It took me a bit to get my courage up, I’ll admit.  I’d been fingering the little box in my pocket for a while.  Finally, as the sun’s light was dying, I got down on one knee.  “Rusila Agana,” I said.  “Would you do me the greatest honor, make me the happiest man alive, and become my wife?”

She didn’t speak for a while, her hand over her mouth.  To be honest, I was a bit scared, afraid she’d say no.  But after what seemed like an eternity, she threw her arms around my neck.  “Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!” she cried out.  I was delirious with relief and so happy…  I hugged her to me and let out a silent prayer to the Watcher- and to you.  Don’t worry, I’ll look after her.  I love her more than life itself.  I imagine you know that.”

Neither Rusila or Morgan wanted a big wedding; no, they were too impatient.  So the two of them exchanged rings and vows right there, beneath the moonlight.  Rusila recorded their vows so that she could always look back on them, so she could tell their children.

As we stood there, under the moonlight, looking into each other’s eyes, my heart was thundering loud enough that I was afraid I wouldn’t hear him speak.  But when he put the ring on my finger, all I heard was him.  “I take this woman, Rusila Agana, to be my legally wedded wife.  I promise to love her, to cherish her, and to protect her for all time.”

When it was my turn, I had to swallow the tears that kept threatening to fall and said quietly, “I take this man, Morgan Agana, to be my legally wedded husband.  I promise to love him, to cherish him, and to protect HIM for all time.”

Then we kissed, as man and wife, with the Watcher and the moon as our witnesses.

The family was happy for us.  When we told mom, she smiled, the first real smile I’d seen on her face in a while.  I think she was a little disappointed that we didn’t go all in for the big wedding, but she understood.  After all, she and dad had done the small, private wedding too.

We didn’t have much time for celebration, since the next day was graduation.  It was a quick ceremony, thankfully.  I did alright in school, but I just wanted to get on with my life, my life with Morgan.

We got started on that life right away, as soon as we got home.  He and I went up to our room and celebrated.

Roche, though he enjoyed painting, decided on a different art to make his job.  He’s been really into writing lately and so, decided to get a job with the local newspaper.  He told me he’d leave the painting to me, since that’s what I’ve been doing.  It’s mostly something I do as a hobby, but there have been a couple that people seem willing to pay money for.

My sister, on the other hand, decided that she would follow in our father’s footsteps and joined the police department.  She’s more interested in the Forensic Branch, though and she’s been working hard at the chess table and dad’s chemistry set.

I asked her when she and Roche were planning on tying the knot and she just grinned.  “We’ll get there.  I think we each want to focus on work, just for a little while, get settled in.  We’ll know when it’s time.”

She’s more patient than I am, obviously.  But it seems fitting for the two of them.  Teuta always put more stock in… I guess you could say Fate than I ever did.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 10, 9/2/2013]
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »
I really like your story so far! You're doing a great job, hope to read more soon! ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 10, 9/2/2013]
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 01:52:27 AM »
I really like your story so far! You're doing a great job, hope to read more soon! ;D

Aw, thanks ^^  I appreciate it.  Glad you like it.  I really love this family and their story as it unfolds.  Hope you enjoy this update.

Chapter 11: Joining Two Lives

It is apparent that though they would wait a little while to get married, they didn’t wait TOO long.  Despite their willingness to let Fate follow its course, Teuta and Roche wanted to get married, to join their lives together, legally and officially, to proclaim to all and sundry what they were to one another.

“Where to even begin… today ‘as been a magical day.  Roche and I routinely go for a walk along the shore near the ‘ouse.  We both just love the sand and sea.  We walked along the beach, ‘oldin’ ‘ands like we always do.  Then Roche stopped, right beneath a palm tree.  ‘e drew me close and we just looked into each other’s eyes.  I could stare into ‘is beautiful eyes forever.  When I look into them, I see us, the two of us, and our life together.  After a lil while, he drew away slowly, wearing a small grin.”

“I tilted my ‘ead at ‘im, even as ‘e slowly got down on one knee.  ‘E took my ‘and in ‘is once again.  ‘Teuta,’ ‘e murmured, ‘is eyes never leavin’ mine.  ‘You’ve been my world since the first day your dad handed me to you.  I’ve loved you since that first day and that love only grows whenever I’m around you.  Teuta Agana, you would make me the happiest man in the world if you’d marry me, become my wife.’

I couldn’t speak for a long time.  Couldn’t get any words past the lump that ‘ad lodged in my throat.  So I just threw my arms around him and ‘ugged ‘im ‘ard.  ‘E and I ‘ave ‘ad a connection for a long time, that I know.  Now, we were comin’ full circle and ready to strengthen that connection.  Roche and I… we’re gettin’ married!”

“We’re getting married.  I always knew it would ‘appen, that Roche was always the one fer me… but knowin’ it and now ‘avin’ it be that much closer boggles my mind.  Feel a bit light-‘eaded, even.  But Roche grabs me again and we both just look into each other’s eyes.  It steadies me and I can only smile tenderly at ‘im.”

“I ‘urried ‘ome to tell my mum the news.  Truth be told, I was a bit afraid of ‘ow she’d take it, but it seemed t’ be just the thing.  I saw ‘er come to life fer the first time since we lost Da.  She put ‘er ‘and on my shoulder, then pulled out ‘er phone and began makin’ calls.  She gave me that look that can she get sometimes and said that there was gonna be a wedding… a real wedding, with all the trimmings.  She didn’t make a fuss about Rusila and Morgan, but said that no way was ‘er ‘eir gettin’ out of ‘avin’ a full wedding, in front of the whole town.  I was too ‘appy to see ‘er comin’ t’ life to argue.  Plus… the thought of gettin’ all prettied up, just this once, to marry Roche, ‘ad an appeal to me, not that I normally go fer that kind of thing, like my sister.”

“My ‘ead is spinnin’ a bit.  When my mum gets an idea into ‘er ‘ead, she doesn’t let it go.  She wasn’t kiddin’ about a wedding with all the trimmings… before I knew it, she’d brow-beaten a few of the townsfolk into ‘elpin’ set up an absolutely beautiful wedding party area at the edge of the property.  And mum is runnin’ around like a madwoman.  She insists on cookin’ the food ‘erself.  Watchin’ ‘er be so animated is the only thing keepin’ me from interfering because she is runnin’ ‘erself a bit ragged, but it’s good t’ see a smile on ‘er face again.”

“Mum made me and Roche go get fitted today fer the weddin’.  We ‘ave plenty of time, but neither of us argued.  We just said, ‘Yes ma’am’ and did what she told us.  I was pretty darn close t’ salutin’ ‘er, to be ‘onest.  She also was adamant that we not see each other in our weddin’ clothes since it was bad luck.  I kinda like that tradition, if for no other reason that I want Roche’s jaw to drop when ‘e sees me on our weddin’ day.”

“I got married today.  I still can’t quite believe it.  It all just seems like it was a dream.  A wonderful, perfect dream.  The sun was settin’ and the guests were millin’ around and then it was time.  Roche just took my breath away.  ‘e’s always been so ‘andsome, but in ‘is pirate coat, the coat of a Captain… I think I came as close t’ swoonin’ as I ever ‘ave or ever will again.  We stood underneath the arch and then it was time to exchange our vows.”

“I went first.  I looked at my future ‘usband and as I slid the ring onto ‘is finger, I said, ‘I, Teuta Agana, swear myself to you, Roche Agana.  I swear to love you, to cherish you, to live our days together, to be there for you and to never leave you wanting.  Beneath the sky, where it meets with the sea, I seal this vow, this promise and with this ring, I thee wed.’”

“He smiled at me and took my ‘and and as ‘e slid the ring on my own finger, ‘e said, ‘I, Roche Agana, swear myself to you, Teuta Agana.  I promise to love you, to cherish you, to protect you, to live our lives with you as the center of my world.  I swear this to you, to all here, but also to all the things beyond.  Where the sky meets the sea, I seal this vow, this promise and with this ring, I thee wed.”

The two sealed their vows with a passionate kiss and so, they became husband and wife.  Roche and Teuta Agana, the newly crowned Pirate King and Queen of Sunlit Tides.  They were the heir to the famous Captain Blood, though none of them fully understood what that meant at this point.

“The reception is a bit of a blur.  I remember parts of the cake cuttin’ and then eatin’, ‘uggin’ my mum.  I know I ‘ad a great time, and that it was a ‘it with everyone else too.  I was still reelin’ with the knowledge that me and Roche were man and wife!”

“It wasn’t too long before we snuck away anyway, retirin’ to our room like any newlyweds so we could celebrate our weddin’ day.”

“Come to think of it… my sister and brother-in-law left before we did.  I figure they ‘ad a similar idea.”

While there was a lot of joy for the family, with two marriages, there was also another tragedy, though one that didn’t surprise anyone.  The Grim came for Isis.  She had lived a good long life, one with a family that loved her.  Her mate Osiris was beside himself with grief and howled for her all that night.

“We’re all a little sad here.  Losin’ Isis was ‘ard, though she was pretty old.  Mum took it ‘ard, of course.  She and Osiris rescued ‘er before mum came to Sunlit Tides.  But she’s bounced back a bit quicker this time.  It may ‘ave somethin’ t’ do with the fact that my sister ‘as been showin’ certain… signs.”

“Sure enough, Rusila’s pregnant!  She’s just got the confirmation from the doctor.”

“She ran to tell ‘er ‘usband.  Morgan was thrilled, as are the rest of us.  Mum will enjoy bein’ a grandmum, I think.”

In fact, Quianna became an elder that night.  She was ready to be a grandmother, to see her line continue on, until it was her time to rejoin her Silas.  It was hard, to continue on without him, but she would be there for her family for her remaining days.

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 11, 9/11/2013]
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 02:23:56 AM »
Nice update - those are some really beautiful shots from the proposal and wedding :D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 11, 9/11/2013]
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 01:48:57 AM »
Nice update - those are some really beautiful shots from the proposal and wedding :D

Thanks!  Yeah, I worked really hard to get those shots.  I have been experimenting and really trying for quality shots.  Those were the first ones that I felt were truly how I wanted them to look ^^  So I'm glad you liked them. 

For those that are interested, I have put up the Aganas, including pets up on the Swap Shop.  Use the link in my signature to get to my Swap Shop page ^^

And now for the next update!

Chapter 12: An Exciting Snow Flake Day

Quianna worked for a bit longer, then decided it was time to retire from being a lifeguard.  With one grandchild on the way, she wanted to be able to be home for them.  But she was not a woman who could remain idle, not with the life she had lived, so she found a few new hobbies to keep herself busy in the meantime.

Both of the twins were still keeping sporadic journals.  During her pregnancy, the entries became even more sporadic but the portions soon to be highlighted, shed a bit of light during this point in the family’s history.

“We finally finished the nursery.  It’s been built off our room, so that when the baby is born, we can be close to them.  It’s so cute.  Morgan spoils me senseless at times, rubbing my back whenever it even seems to think of hurting.  And the way he’s always talking to my belly and rubbing it, whispering little secrets to his child.  Still just can’t get over it.  I can’t wait to hold our child.”

“Our Thoth has joined his mate in elderhood today.  Still acts like a kitten, though.”

Both of the girls had something to say about this holiday season… with good reason.  First up, is Teuta.
“With the snow fallin’ softly outside, the boys ‘ung up ‘olidays lights.  Looks good, me thinks.  Mum’s rubbin’ off on me I think.  I’m startin’ t’ talk more and more like she does every day.  Not complainin’, mind.  But my school days are slippin’ outta my mind.  My teachers would be ‘avin’ a fit.

Listen t’ me, gettin’ off track.  Our Gift Givin’ Party was just fer the family.  We ‘ad quite the time openin’ gifts.  All of us kids pulled together and got our mum somethin’ special.  It was a spa package.  She was really tickled and couldn’t wait t’ use it.  The rest of us opened our gifts an’ ‘ad a marry ol’ time.  I got a set of VR goggles from Roche.  Couldn’t believe ‘e kept ‘em a secret!  I got ‘im a new computer, a laptop.  Morgan got Rusila a new easel and she gave ‘im one of ‘er paintings, a colorful abstract piece.”

“Of course, me sister just ‘ad t’ give us all another present, one uppin’ everythin’!  I kid, of course.  It started when she asked t’ try out the VR goggles that Roche got me.  I told ‘er go fer it.”

“I should write the manufacturers an’ either warn ‘em or congratulate ‘em that ther product is life-like enough to induce labor!  That’s right.  My sister went int’ labor while playin’!  With the men ‘oppin’ around in a panic, me and mum got things together.  With the snow, though, we didn’t dare take ‘er t’ the ‘ospital, so with me and mum, tendin’ ‘er, Rusila gave birth at ‘ome.  My nephew, Magnus Agana, came int’ the world wit’ a full set o’ lungs, believe me.”

With the newest family member, things were as expected.  Young Magnus was the center of attention for a long time.  His mother and father, both exhausted, were given breaks by his grandmother and aunt and uncle.  Rusila wrote this a few months after his birth:

“When I’m not taking care of Magnus, I’m sleeping.  I really appreciate the rest of the family helping out with my little boy, I truly do.  Morgan does too.  I still don’t know how mom and dad did this with two babies, just the two of them!  I can’t even fathom it!  And they both worked full time jobs!  But as much as I love the help, Morgan and I have been talking.  We’ve come to the decision that it’s time to the leave the nest, to strike out on our own.  My sister is the heir; she’s always loved the sea and I don’t begrudge her it at all, nor do I feel the slightest resentment.  I was afraid I would, when the time came, but I can’t.  She’s my sister and I love her.  This is what’s right.  She and Roche will have their own family someday and they’ll need the space.  I know she and mom won’t like it, but I think they’ll understand as well.”

Quianna and Teuta at first DID try to talk them into staying, but when Rusila told them this was for the best and that they wouldn’t be moving far, the two bid them a tearful goodbye.  Bastet and Thoth accompanied the younger Aganas to their new home as well, since Bastet had always been a bit closer to Rusila and Thoth couldn’t leave his mate.

“Just not the same without Rusila, Morgan, the baby, Bastet, and Thoth.  Me and mum ‘ad quite the conversation today, while we played chess.”

That conversation has been purposely omitted, for the sake of suspense and discovery.

“The pet adoption agency called us again.  They found a fella that they thought would be perfect fer our Sekhmet.  ‘e’s a mixed breed, and a ‘andsome tomcat, ‘e is.  Sekhmet obviously approves of ‘im.  She gave ‘im the traditional family welcome soon as ‘e stepped int’ the door!”

“The last few months, Roche and me ‘ave been workin’ ‘ard at our jobs.  We’ve both been steadily climbin’ the ranks and we finally decided it was time t’ try fer the next generation.  We ‘ad t’ do it a few times, just t’ make sure it took, o’ course…”  *unrepentant grin*

When the pregnancy was confirmed, the couple was besides themselves with joy.  The next generation was one their way.

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
Re: The Blood Legacy [Chapter 12, 9/27/2013]
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 11:40:12 AM »
Aaaw, lovely update :) Looking forward to seeing generation 3!

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »
I agree with Notjustabook. Great update, and fingers crossed that gen 3's a cutie!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 03:24:50 PM »
I really love the unique style of this story! Looking forward to some cute toddlers <3
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 09:04:12 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity. Shewolf13, you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.