Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Marwolfer - Craftsman Renovation
5 (7.4%)
Ladybug53 - Oakland
6 (8.8%)
bubbles - Craftswoman
4 (5.9%)
Anna33 - The Cozy Crafts House
3 (4.4%)
Vinyl - Family Craftsman
14 (20.6%)
intl_incident - Kinder Kraftsman
18 (26.5%)
Strawbs - 330 Oak Grove Road.
2 (2.9%)
Arefa - Let's Get Crafty
16 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: August 05, 2013, 04:40:01 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 14 - A Craftsman Renovation  (Read 12745 times)

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
Re: Building Contest 2013: 14 - A Craftsman Renovation
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 09:44:27 PM »
[

Name: KINDER KRAFTSMAN
Lot Size: 30 X 30
Bedrooms: 4 + 2 nurseries
Bathrooms: 4
Cost furnished: 109,941
Cost unfurnished: 65,091
EPs: GEN, PETS, SN, UL
SPs: NONE

A Craftsman-style home to suit the needs of our group of single moms, this 4-br, 4 ba house also has two nurseries.  The moms can enjoy a spacious open floor plan that includes a kitchen, dining room, sitting/media room with fireplace, dominoes table, rocking chair, TV, games system, stereo and bookshelves.  And they can keep a watchful eye on their kids, who can play downstairs with a costume chest, rocking horse, dollhouse, teddy, toy oven, toy chest and blocks table.  Upstairs are two master suites.  Both are decorated in classic Craftsman style, Fiona's in green and Molly's in deep purple. Molly's room opens out onto a large upper deck, with seating, and has direct access to the smaller of two nurseries.  The second nursery has two cribs, a bookshelf, and toddler toys, as well as that necessary evil, the toddler potty.  There is a bunk room for two more single moms, and a library with a desk and chair that also has access to the deck.

There is even more fun for the kids outside, with a sand-filled playground that as a swingset, slide, playground tower, sandbox and rocket rider, plus hopscotch on the side patio and a soccer ball in the front yard. The moms can grill dinner on the back deck, tend the garden or paint on an easel.   And finally, when River needs to get away from all of the commotion, she can head up to her own attic sanctuary, with a bed, bath, TV, stereo, desk, and beanbags for her and a friend.

--> DOWNLOAD HERE

Offline Strawbs

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 07:30:47 PM »
Lot Size: 30x30 - 330 Oak Grove Road.
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms
Lot Value: $105, 198 furnished
Content Used: Expansion Packs: Base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets.

Number of Bed Spaces: 4 Double Beds, 1 Single bed, 3 cribs

Description:

Most of the original design of the house has been kept with a second floor added.
There are 4 Master bedrooms with ensuite baths, and one single bedroom with a crib.

First floor: Office, Nursery with 2 cribs and 2 Master Bedrooms
Second floor: Fiona has got her own living space with ensuite bath, Media room. Kids play room, 1 Master with ensuite, and a Single bed with a crib.
Outside: Back Deck with a Grill and a Garden for Fiona. Outdoor playground with a Hopscotch Court, Seesaw and Swings.

Media room upstairs
Molly's room leads to the nursery with access to the outside

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 10:38:59 PM »
Let's Get Crafty  - 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths & Nursery
Lot Size: 30x30 - 330 Oak Grove Road
Furnished: $109,825
Unfurnished: $60,330
Content Used: Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, World Adventures, Late Night, Showtime, High End Loft Stuff, Master Suite Stuff
Number of Bed Spaces: 2 Doubles, 3 Singles, & 3 Cribs
Description: The single mothers of Sunset Valley needed to "get crafty" when coming up with a plan to raise their families.  They settled on the idea to house everyone under one roof!  This beautifully designed Craftsman home fits the bill perfectly.  It features a large front porch, very spacious first floor living area with Kitchen, Living room and Dining room.  There are plenty of bedrooms so everyone will have their own space.  Two master suites with private baths.  One of the suites has private access to the outside as well as the nursery.  One single bed bedroom with private bath.  Another room which houses 2 single beds.  A media room is even contained in the Attic space!  The backyard features a lush garden perfect for making perfect dinners or curing the common ailment.  There is also a children's play area with slide, swing, sandbox, and asphalt area for running around and playing hopscotch.  A fire pit finishes off the backyard which is perfect for, roasting marshmallows as a family, to host a teenage gathering or to add a little excitement to a house party!  Whatever your plans may be, this Craftsman style home is the perfect place for you and your sims!

Front of House - Featuring a large front porch, craftsman inspired benches, and accented handmade stone work.

Back of House - Containing a lush garden, fire pit, back deck, and children's play area to keep those kids busy all day long!

Living Room - A warm and inviting living room with craftsman style furniture and fixtures.  Beautiful see-through, stone work, fire place with heat resistant glass so you don't have to worry about those nooboos getting hurt.  This fireplace can also be viewed from the dinning room and can be seen from the kitchen to warm up the house and keep it cozy on cold winter days. 

Kitchen - Perfect for the multi-tasking mom.  It features a bar area for helping the children with homework while still being able to get dinner done in time.  Wide window to not only let light pour through, but also to keep an eye on those nooboos outside.

Nursery - Only being just a few steps away from the kitchen and main living area, this nursery is located on the first floor.  It also has private access to the first floor master suite (Molly's Room).  This room features 3 cribs (each with their own teddy bear too) and plenty of toddler toys to go around!

Molly's Master Suite - A beautiful, classic master suite with private bath and separate access directly to the outside. 

River's Room - A budding teenage artist needs a private space of her own to let her creativity flow.  A few paintings and plenty of supplies help a young artist develop her own talents.  This room also includes access to its own private bath. 

Media Room - The media room is in the attic (on the third floor).  Soft lighting, dark wood paneling, comfortable sectional sofa and extra-large TV help to complete the movie theater experience.  Perfect for a night-in with the girls or a family movie night!

First Floor Layout - From this overhead view you can see the dinning room, living, room, kitchen, Molly's room, Nursery and powder room. 

Second Floor Layout - From this overhead view you can see Fiona's Master Suite on the left with private bath.  In the middle, there is an office/library and hallway bathroom.  And on the right there is River's bedroom at the top-right corner and Claire's bedroom on the bottom-right.  (It's a little hard to see from here, but Claire's bedroom features a fishing motif, since she carries the angler trait and loves the outdoors. I wanted her to feel at home too!)

I hope you enjoyed your tour of the "Let's Get Crafty" renovation!

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 05:40:33 PM »
I'm really sad that I'm not going to be able to enter my house into this competition on time. It's finished, but I can't upload or even share any of my lots at the moment for some reason. I don't know why. I keep getting the "Failed to share..." error message whenever I try :( I've tried asking in forums everywhere, but no one seems to know. So I'm kinda at a loss now. I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Good luck to all the contestants. They all look great!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 04:37:28 AM »
I'm really sad that I'm not going to be able to enter my house into this competition on time. It's finished, but I can't upload or even share any of my lots at the moment for some reason. I don't know why. I keep getting the "Failed to share..." error message whenever I try :( I've tried asking in forums everywhere, but no one seems to know. So I'm kinda at a loss now. I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Good luck to all the contestants. They all look great!

I'm afraid you won't be able to enter without the download but you can post the pictures in this thread for everyone to see. Have you tried maybe talking to EA? Updating Origin?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 07:28:26 AM »
I'm afraid you won't be able to enter without the download but you can post the pictures in this thread for everyone to see. Have you tried maybe talking to EA? Updating Origin?

I've finally managed to upload the house! yay! :D Unfortunately I have to leave for work and will be out for a couple of hours. Any chance of leaving it open for a few more hours?

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like I'm too late :(
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2013: 14 - A Craftsman Renovation (Voting)
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 05:03:48 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 14 - A Craftsman Renocation - June 30, 2013 - July 13, 2013
    intl-incident!

Congratulations to intl-incident! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Kinder Kraftsman.

intl-incident's Comment:

"[statement to come]"

Congratulations, intl-incident! This thread is now open for comments.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2013: 14 - A Craftsman Renovation - Winner Announced!
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 05:15:39 AM »
Congratulations Intl_Incident! I loved your build and how perfectly it matched the specifications. I am open to comments on my build (And I know I forgot to change the windows!)
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 05:41:07 AM »
Congrats to intl_incident for yet another amazing build! I was going to enter this but I really struggled to get anywhere with it so I gave up. Well done to everyone who entered, though!

@Bubbles - I really liked your house and it was great to see so many elements of the original house in there. Perhaps it would have been better if you'd taken your screenshots in live mode rather than build mode? Those white grid things can be a bit of a distraction.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 05:43:57 AM »
I try to take screenshots in Live Mode but none of my households had enough money for the house and there wasn't the new household download link when I posted the household. I will find a richer household next time to improve my presentation.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 06:11:26 AM »
Have you tried the free real estate cheat? That's what I use. Just open the cheat bar, type in 'testingcheatsenabled true' then open it again and type 'freerealestate'. Then any household should be able to buy it, regardless of their household funds  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 07:42:13 AM »
Congratulations int_incident ! Amazing entry , the whole house and landscaping is perfect . I love your layout and decor . Everything is so well balanced . Great job on your roof . A win very well deserved .

I would like to thank samoht04 , Ausette and Lilygirl for yet an other fun and challenging contest .

@ bubbles - I really like the color of your building . Your landscaping is also quite nicely done . I really like how you scattered kids items throughout the house . Well done . A piece of advice .... what I do is use the money cheat to give my sim enough funds to purchase the lot , test my building fully and then go out of the game without saving . That way it doesn't effect the sim's funds or anything else . First though , you need to save your lot to the bin as it will depreciate during the testing . Keep up the good work !

I'm open for comments on my entry .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Anna33

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »
Congratulations int-incident, I love how realistic the house looked I could just imagine people living in it. Amazing. :D

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 09:26:59 AM »
Congrats intl_incident!  What a beautiful Craftsman home you made!

The contest title said renovation but wound up being a total re-build for me (I'm hoping we have another renovation/re-decoration contest in the future, since those always looked like so much fun).  This contest was a blast to build for (I've always like the Craftsman style).  As always, I'm open to comments on my build.

Bubbles - The fact you were able to renovate the existing home blows my mind (I tried, and failed, so much)!  I really like how many windows the rooms have - the house seems so bright and airy.

Ladybug - This might sound weird, but I'm always impressed by the way you use curtains.  They always fit the windows and the rooms so well and their colours are just right.  Since I'm usually over budget by the time I remember them or I forget them altogether it's something I notice whenever I'm admiring your builds.  Your dining room is also gorgeous.  Lovely build!

Anna - I'm not sure if you're open to comments, but I had to mention I really like the wallpaper in Molly's room.  The combination of grey and yellow is quite lovely.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »
@ Vinyl - I really love the style and color of your house and your landscaping is perfect . Love the play areas . I especially love the wall coverings in your nursery it looks awesome . You've done an amazing job !
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio