Author Topic: Re: The Mole Interactive Story: Season 2.5: The Second Challenge Part 8  (Read 117159 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!

Inside the charming Victorian renovation, a comeback story is staged.

Murdoch: No story ever truly dies.

Murdoch: Sure, some stories are finished and sent over to a fancy "Completed Stories" board. Others exist in a state of confusion, not really being alive yet never technically ended. And then there are those that are terminated before their time. These stories may no longer be updated, and these stories may no longer attract the same sense of fame that they once did. But even these stories are never truly forgotten, least of all by their author. And as long as a story is not forgotten, than it is still alive.

Murdoch: This is the tale of one such story.

A: No no, cut!
Murdoch: Come on, what's wrong with it?
A: Don't you think it's a little melodramatic?
Murdoch: Melodramatic? It's suspenseful! It's keeping our audience guessing about what this is. Besides, it's not like you go easy on the melodrama, either.
A: We want to engage our audience. If we leave them confused too long, they'll just switch to another show.
Camerawoman: Uh, A?
A: Hold on, please. We're just discussing our take.

Murdoch: Or maybe they'll be intrigued long enough to realize just what they're watching.
A: Okay, maybe. It's pretty risky, though. We have to have the right balance.
Murdoch: Okay, so when do we make the reveal?
A: I don't know yet. Soon.
Camerawoman: What interview, A?

A: Why, that this is The Mole, of course!
Camerawoman: That isn't public knowledge?
A: No, of course not! I don't even have the proper heading in yet. Why on Earth would I be filming a show about snow-shoes?
Camerawoman: It would be shoes, you know.
A: Good point. We might want to get a pilot out for that.

Murdoch: Don't you think we ought to explain what The Mole's all about?
A: No, silly! That's what the second post is for!
Murdoch: Do you really want that huge wall of text to explain it all? You might want to look at what those Rosas did. Weave it into the introduction.
A: Hmm. That's a good idea. With all those Rosas running around, they're bound to have some good ideas.

A: The Mole is, above all else, a game of deception. Twelve of you will compete on the show for fame and glory. Most of you will just try to get through the challenges we throw at you, earning points for the pot. But if that's all we had to our show, it wouldn't be very good, would it? BORING!

A: That's why we have one contestant be the Mole. Their entire goal is to sabotage the challenges and steal points from the pot, while still remaining anonymous. An obvious Mole is not a very good Mole, is it? Every challenge bears the risk of sneaky plots from the Mole. However, the paranoia doesn't stop there. It gets even better!

A: The Mole doesn't want to be suspected of their Mole-ish behaviour, but the other contestants want their opponents to think they are the Mole. Naturally, the Mole should make some of their sabotage somewhat obvious, but not all. If only one contestant seemed to not want to be suspected, then it's clear who the Mole is, isn't it? It can get pretty convoluted, so this handy-dandy diagram should help.

The Mole: Remove as many points from the pot as you can, but do it so the others don't suspect you, thus causing them to go home.
Everybody Else: Add as many points to the pot as you can, but also make the others think you are the Mole, thus causing them to go home.

Murdoch: All of this leads up to the Execution Quiz, where the contestants answer ten questions pertaining to the Mole's identity. Throughout the challenges, contestants may find Exemptions, which will allow them to skip an Execution Quiz. It's important to have a pretty good idea of the Mole's identity, because whoever has the lowest score on the quiz will be eliminated!
A: And that's pretty much it. If you want to be a contestant, you'll have to keep all your senses sharp, because you may never know when the Mole is going to strike!
Murdoch: There may be a lot of questions of the Execution Quiz, but when you really get down to it, only one question matters.
A & Murdoch: Who... is the Mole?
A: Okay, cut! That's a wrap! That's a good script we just ad-libbed. Now let's start from the top.

A: Okay, cut! It's a wrap! That's a good script we just ad-libbed. Now let's start from the top.
Camerawoman: That's what I was trying to tell you, A.
A: What is it?
Camerawoman: We were on the air. The viewers saw all of that.
A: ... Oh.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Mole Interactive Story: Season 2.5
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 10:24:08 AM »
The Mole Interactive Story: Season 2.5!

To fans of the previous stories, welcome back! To readers new to The Mole, welcome! Not long after the premature end of Season 2, an idea infected my brain; "I want to do this again." Like any good infection, this idea grew and nested in my head for the next few months, until I grew the resolve to actually act on my plans. Now, the story is here, and we're ready to get started!

But before we begin, everybody needs to know what this is all about. "What is The Mole, anyway?" In the past two seasons, I simply dumped the readers with a few huge blocks of text. This time, well, you still get blocks of text, but now they're separated by pictures! See?

The Basics

Let's start with the basics. We'll need twelve contestants for this story, six males and six females. These contestants will receive guidance from you, the sponsors. The contestants will take part of a variety of challenges to add points to the pot. In the end, the points in the pot will be given to the winner of The Mole! (1 point=1 Simpoint) But we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Eleven of the contestants will just be normal contestants. One of you, however, will be taking the role of the Mole. The Mole's goal is to sabotage these challenges and take away points from the pot. At the end, the Mole will take home all of the points they've stolen away. However, that is not the only purpose of the Mole. They must also be discreet with their sabotage. An obvious Mole is a dead Mole, right? It's the same way here, minus the dying. This is a PG forum, after all.

Therefore, the other contestants must strive towards figuring out the identity of the Mole. How is this measured, you ask? At the end of every challenge, the contestants will take an Execution Quiz, with ten questions about the Mole's identity. Whoever gets the lowest score on the quiz will be eliminated. Every challenge we complete, one more contestant will be eliminated until only three remain. Then, we complete one final challenge and then find out who wins!

Strategy

This is where things start getting exciting. Every contestant, whether they are the Mole or not, must have a strategy to succeed. If you don't, well, you'll just become the Mole's next victim. Now, I don't want to give you specific advise for your plots. What would be the fun in that? However, I will divulge a few tips that I feel are necessary for your success.

First of all, the Mole has to maintain a careful balancing act. They obviously want to take as many points away from the pot as possible, they must make sure that they aren't suspected of being the Mole. Every time another contestant correctly guesses the Mole's identity, I will make a mark of ten points. At the end of the season, I'll take these points away from the Mole and back to the contestants. You could try brazenly sabotaging everything in sight, but you probably won't get many points back. Therefore, you'll need some subtlety with your plots.

However, the other contestants are put into an interesting situation themselves. The contestants do want to add points to the pot, so that they can win more points if they win, but that's not all of their strategy. They must keep an eye out for clues as to the Mole's identity. Even if a contestant is doing amazing in the challenges, if they can't figure out the Mole, they'll be going home. This gives clever contestants an intriguing opportunity.

If you can successfully convince other contestants that you aren't the Mole, they would be much more likely to be eliminated, giving you a better chance of winning. Therefore, even the other contestants should try to sabotage the challenges from time to time. Not enough to steal too many points away, but just enough to make others suspicious of you.

All of this is quite important to the story, but all these words might confuse things too much. To (hopefully) make things very clear, I'll summarize the main goals of the contestants below.

The Mole: Remove as many points from the pot as you can, but do it so the others don't suspect you, thus causing them to go home.
Everybody Else: Add as many points to the pot as you can, but also make the others think you are the Mole, thus causing them to go home.

If this doesn't make you paranoid over the course of the story, you're doing it wrong.  :P

Challenges, Exemptions, and the Execution Quiz

The twelve contestants will take part in a variety of challenges. These challenges will require teamwork, cleverness, deception, and perhaps a bit of luck. Not only you gain points during the challenges, you may uncover clues as to the Mole's identity, while also planting fake clues to mislead your fellow contestants. However, there is a third thing you may find in challenges; An Exemption.

Exemptions may be found by any contestant during a challenge, even the Mole. If a contestant earns an Exemption, they will be exempted from that Execution Quiz, ensuring that they make it into the next round. There may be one, none, or even two exemptions in any challenge, and they generally result in taking points away from the pot. By ensuring survival into the next challenge, you sacrifice points from that challenge. It is the choice of the contestant as to whether they want to accept the exemption, but they should consider what their fellow contestants may think about it.

All of this leads into the Execution Quiz. The quiz will have ten questions, all relating to the identity of the Mole. Scoring high on this quiz is important, because the contestant that scores the lowest on the quiz will be eliminated. And that would be bad. For them, at least.

Contestants

*yawn* Is this guy done talking, yet? Almost, but we have one more thing to discuss.

As I said above, we'll need twelve contestants, six males Sims and six females Sims. These contestants can have whatever traits, clothes, and hair that you want. (I own every expansion except Island Paradise, plus High End Loft and Town Life Stuff)

These challenges will be completed by you, the sponsors.  They may be based on logic, puzzles, and so on. I will tell the sponsors the details of the challenge, and we'll go from there. Often, you'll have to work together with the other sponsors to complete the challenge.

In addition, each sponsor has the ability to submit Interviews to me before I post the updates. In these Interviews, you can say whatever you wish. These Interviews will be placed in Spoiler tags within the update. As a sponsor, you cannot read any Interviews besides your own, since they may be information within that are not meant for your eyes. Ordinary readers can read any and all Interviews they see. Thus are the advantages of being a mere reader.

Conclusion

Hey look! We're finished! Would you look at that.

If you are interested in submitting a contestant to The Mole, just say so! Once we have six male Sims and six female Sims, I will determine our Mole, and we can get started! Until then, I'll see you on the radio well, I don't know what we'll do until then. If you have any questions about anything I've said or have not said, please ask! Confusion is never a good thing, and I'd be more then happy to clarify anything that is unclear.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:27:52 AM »
Current Information

The Pot

30/120

Contestants

Water

1. Daniel Pleasant (chetanhaobijam)
2. Brooke Ashland (ombradellarosa)
3. Genevieve Young (bubbles)

Earth

1. Nihm Eterna (kaseofhearts)
2. Roy Bellinger (Seabody)
3. Mordo Jay (Danielle Haydis)

Fire

1. Zeus Olympia (ve1ocity)
2. Alec McCloud (betabee)
3. Maxi Nine (Gogowars329)

Air

1. Nadine Durwood (PeregrineTook)
2. Sophie Beckett (intl_incident)
3. Kalama Welder (Swirl-Girl)

Challenge Details

Now that I've managed to get The Plot squared away, I can move on to the actual challenge. Hopefully you all remember your groups, but if not, I'll quickly go over them.

1. Brooke and Nadine
2. Alec and Mordo
3. Maxi and Evie
4. Zeus and Sophie
5. Roy and Nihm
6. Daniel and Kalama

Without being too blunt about it, your partner is your new cell mate. Those filthy ESCARGOT recruits have seen fit to kidnap you and imprison you in an unidentified location. It won't be long before they move you from your current prison to one much worse. Blood Island may be closed, but ESCARGOT has many such prisons, and their reputations are no better. You hope that somebody may be able to rescue you, but you simply cannot trust to hope alone. If you want to escape, you'll have to do something about it.

I will be sending each pair a screenshot of the room they are trapped in, along with some additional information about their surroundings. It is the job of the pairs to figure out some kind of way to escape. How are you to go about this? Each contestant in the pair has three "actions" that they can perform before ESCARGOT relocates them. Therefore, the pair will have a total of six "actions" they can use in an attempt to escape. How you spend these actions is up to the two of you in your pair. Debate among yourselves how you want to spend your actions, then PM them to me. I'll give you an example run.

Let's say that this is the room you are trapped in. (which it isn't, I just took this from one of my stories)

Partner A and Partner B talk among themselves, and ultimately decide how to spend their first two actions. Partner A wants to investigate the painting, while Partner B checks out the light. They PM these actions to me and I tell them what happens. Partner A finds a key behind the painting, but cannot find a door. Partner B discovers an darkened light bulb. Partner B realizes that this is a blacklight and uses his second action to turn it on. Now that the black light is on, the secret door in the room is revealed, and the pairs manage to escape.

This is a basic scenario, but it hopefully works for the purposes of illustration. If your pair manages to escape the room with your six actions, then 10 points are added to the pot. If your pair uses their six actions but does not escape the room, then 0 points are added to the pot. Since there are six pairs, 60 points are available to the group. Unlike the last challenge, there is the possibility to earn an Exemption in this challenge, so keep an eye out for that.

As usual, if you have any questions about the challenge, please do not hesitate to ask me.  :D

Chapters

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 10:46:05 AM »
I would like to volunteer as tribute!
(1 female sim slot, please.)

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »
I would like to volunteer as tribute!
(1 female sim slot, please.)

1 female Sim slot, coming right up!

For the record, I have every expansion pack except Island Paradise, plus High End Loft and Town Life Stuff, so please keep your Sim's content within there.

Edit: I neglected to mention that the house seen in the introduction was built by intl_incident, who took her valuable time to make this house for use in the Mole. Huge thanks to her!  ;D

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
Yay, another season of The Mole! *does happy dance*
Can't wait for this. It means another story for me to obsess over.  :D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
Welcome back, A and team!  Can't wait to see what sort of mole-y intrigue this season will have to offer!   :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 11:10:39 AM »
I haven't read one of your Mole stories before, but I am going to read through them now and I would like to enter a female sim. Can they be occults (Obviously not mermaids)? I'll try to avoid my Island Paradise content that I bought yesterday. I'll probably enter one of my pre-IP sims.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 11:12:28 AM »
I haven't read one of your Mole stories before, but I am going to read through them now and I would like to enter a female sim. Can they be occults (Obviously not mermaids)? I'll try to avoid my Island Paradise content that I bought yesterday. I'll probably enter one of my pre-IP sims.

Yes, they can be occults. (besides mermaids, of course) I will warn you that the stories are a bit lengthy. The first one is in Completed Stories, while the second is on the fourth page of the Stories Graveyard. The seasons don't really have a lot to do with each other, besides sharing the basic set of rules.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
It's the school holidays- I need to do some reading to bide my time. Buy combining two of my favourite things (Simming and Reading), this is going to be a good couple of days! When do we need to submit the sims by and how do we submit them? Do we PM them to you?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 11:29:54 AM »
It's the school holidays- I need to do some reading to bide my time. Buy combining two of my favourite things (Simming and Reading), this is going to be a good couple of days! When do we need to submit the sims by and how do we submit them? Do we PM them to you?

I don't really have a set date for submission yet. Once we get more sponsors, I can probably narrow it down some. Probably within a week or two.

Just post a screenshot of the Sim on this thread and upload it directly here.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »
One male from me - and screenshots coming up by tomorrow. :D
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »
One male from me - and screenshots coming up by tomorrow. :D

It's yours. Looking forward to seeing who you submit.  :D

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 12:28:20 PM »
One female for me please! Pleased this is how I started my day!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »
One female for me please! Pleased this is how I started my day!

There you go. One female contestant! Glad I helped make your day better.  :D

anything